• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#121 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:32 AM

Busted my hand slightly, but I have a comp again. praise the heavens for people like Tassadar.... just need to get internet runinng... and BG2 ;) :P Seriously, I have been writing again, and though still limited I have a comp, which means I can work may more on the mod, as I can now do in my free time stuff.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#122 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:21 AM

I'm back in full for internet via Mozilla.
Now to install full BG2 instead of only core and I am back. Fr*king Halleluja. Thank you god for making kind persons and for blessing me on this day!

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#123 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:09 AM

As seen with portrait pack, Kido 6.0 and joining the soundset team. I am totally back.

Ariena needs to get her files traified. See to install. If I manage that I'll put up a post for beta-testers... (I want like 5 and want to ask two people, so 3 free tickets)

#124 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:35 AM

Kido 6.1 out

Ariena 2.0 is being bugsquashed (so it can install... no worries still want a larger team, so you can still get in the Ariena v 2.0 beta testing team, I will give a post a topic when it comes to that point)

Proud to announce that Chronis and I will work on Kirinhale together, which made me work hard last weekend, causing all dialogue now to be digital. Needs coding, but we are getting ahead.

Smoothing out some stuff in the made quests, so that also that is getting more interactive with other NPC's and gets closer to test running phase.

#125 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:53 AM

Well, the very last version (at least that is planned) is out of Kido. Kido version 7.0 is to be the end product from its stand alone point of view.

Ariena 2.0 now has a team and though some have already moved on again many have contributed and I can tell you already:
No report of her walking out on you.
No unkillable mage in slaver's compound.
No report of oddities in the changed kit.
Yes to a better working challenge (thanks Diana for the cutscene stuff).
Yes to at her personal quest running. (well, at least the most stuff is tested)
Yes to a whole lot of typo's being found :whistling: (mainly Brad here, but Pain Elemental found already a bit more and he just started ;))
Yes to better install method (thanks to Cuv)
Yes to better portraits (thanks to the work of Celestine and myself)
Ariena 2.0 will almost be the equal of Kido version 7.0, so keep your fingers crossed and in about a month or so I hope to have a nice release :vbat:

Unfortunately, no progress on the other stuff for the moment. RL creeps a bit up with demanding time (along with a holiday, I could use one) + dedication to another mod I work together with some other peeps. Need to make time for that or else I won't make the release date.
That of course besides the other two mods I am a wor along as a creative mind, Setting (see Layers of Reality for beautiful drawings artists are making for me), fanfic (?) and other stuff.

Edited by Deathsangel, 29 October 2007 - 11:57 AM.

#126 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:03 AM

Time for my two week report ;)

I am *very* pleased (can I emphasize this more?) that Theacefes has joined the team. With an extra coder, the work will probably progress way quicker. Also since I will get my butt more into gear.

Also, in RL I am finishing up other stuff to create time.
And finally there. A big list in the workroom of what is going to be done. 40 A4's of raw data put into 15. All new stuff, vanilla changes, NPC stuff, some items (that needs to be more) and rejected ideas and why.

edit: Oh, euh made some small changes to Ariena 2.0. She is still on schedule ;)

Edited by Deathsangel, 14 November 2007 - 11:05 AM.

#127 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:30 AM

Time for another two week (okay a bit late) progress report.

As said at 29 october I needed about a month and it is true. As a holiday present (5th of December is one in the Netherlands, as the Belgium and Dutch fans know) Ariena 2.0 will be tomorrow released.

On the rest; well got distracted a bit for the rest and I am currently ill.
Though another MftW related item is still in the make.
Rest of the stuff, as said in last post, is mainly finished (like a collaberation on another mod, and stuff) and soon (2 weeks) I will go back home. Though that will make my internet connection less frequent for the first few weeks (my new home is only available to me after christmas) it means I have more time for the MftW and will be dedicated to do so.
I will have to finish my studies and work on that, but besides that very little extra going on in RL that takes time so yep you can expect good progress after the 19th or so.
I probably manage one more progress report before I go silent for a short period, due to the less frequent internet acces at my parents, but I thought it wise to mention.

For all Ariena fans, see you tomorrow (when I hope to stop having a head that resembles a smithy, and a stomach that stops playing pirates of the Carribean)

#128 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:30 AM

Heya, Guido, get well soon - wishing you the best :cheers:
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#129 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:31 AM

A mega quick 2-week report.

I'm back home. If it weren't for my dad and Tassadar I wouldn't have internet (the laptop now own 5 USB ports instead of 2) and wireless internet.
However, understandable I am very busy. Today I go to my new home to already check it out and drop stuff.
Will get back to you all on a better regular basis soon.

Momentarily Kirinhale has the great attention, along with Monty

P.s. It is known that due to the amount of enemies spawned the mercenaries coming for Ariena (after 8 days in game of having Ariena in the party) it may happen that in wrong locations some do not go hostile as they are placed wrong. It may be fixable by adding it to a script rather than dialogue. There is no fear of error, less the captain does not talk to you. Simply forcetalk him, he than should start. And be prepared for a recently Irenicus dungeon escaped party it is a bit tough is reported

#130 Toxeus

Toxeus
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:12 PM

Momentarily Kirinhale has the great attention, along with Monty

Cool, nice to hear that! :cheers:
I feel guilty for not reporting my impressions of Ariena and Kido ... Unfortunately i've bought cool new hardware, and will return to BG only after all this latest 3D games ;) Currently my free time belongs to "Witcher"

#131 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:06 AM

Quick note:

I'll be back shortly, as in a few days. I think I am at about 50% of the moving into my new appartment in NL. All good wishes for 2008 ;)

#132 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:35 AM

Oh crap, I am way overdue with two week report. Sorry! I have been getting my life back online here, and that is more or less done. However, the pressure is on me to finish my report quickly even though I graduate in june. So, this is going a bit too the back, but surely there will be progress - also due to the fact my laptop and normal PC can now communicate with one another through the usb sticks... (the PC didn't recognize my 4 GB one.. drat)

#133 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:24 AM

Two weeks gone again, honesty: no progress on the mod these 2 weeks, slow progress on the university stuff... I need to finish this and such a deadline is more important, so I need to either pick up the pace on that or this, as said, will back burn.
I hope I can get my motor running to write on the report and than do some stuff again for MftW.

Edited by Deathsangel, 21 February 2008 - 09:26 AM.

#134 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:28 AM

I haven't seen Chronis around, and Kat and I seem to have the 'great body of water in between' as problem seeing we hardly see one another, and most of the time when I am exhausted. So, all progress is still a bit solo, which is slow as RL is still more important of course.
Some bugs have been reported around Kido and Ariena, so need to look into that. At the moment I can not understand them all.
Kirinhale has some banter coded
Progress slow, progress there

Edited by Deathsangel, 28 March 2008 - 03:23 AM.

#135 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:19 PM

Ariena 2.1 released, and thanks to one of the co-modders (Chronis) big progress on Kirinhale. We are rolling again people!

#136 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:55 AM

Okay, so I am getting more active again as the end of my stuff for the university is gettign in sight. I am about halfway through the work, and in June I should graduate.
Getting also the fanfic up for Scribbles on the Wall so all can read that, and did some stuff on Kirinhale... even if it is less than I wanted.

#137 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:18 AM

Okay I am a bad boy for forgetting 2-week report

However...

I am done writing university stuff... expect an explosion in activity ;)

Edited by Deathsangel, 17 May 2008 - 02:18 AM.

#138 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:02 PM

All banters coded of Ian, well at least 2 with all bioware and MftW NPC's, at the moment 52 banters :new_thumbs:

*edit* Whoops, that is the nice things of updating the list here is as well, forgot the Montaron banters ;) So, need to write two more... but working since about 4 days on average 4/5 hours on MftW.

Going now for typing the Kirinhale romance ;)

Edited by Deathsangel, 22 May 2008 - 12:07 PM.

#139 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:25 PM

As some may have noticed I got sidetracked with Montaron's sound files, instead of romance (sorry Chronis), but wanted to work on it today till... yep, you guessed it again, the screen of my trusty computers goes blurry on the left side and it seems to be spreading :angry: Sometimes... Oh well dad will be here wednesday, hope to report on thursday a healthy computer

Edited by Deathsangel, 29 May 2008 - 06:00 AM.
horrible, horrible typo

#140 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:59 AM

As some may have noticed I got sidetracked with Montaron's sound files, instead of romance (sorry Chronis), but wanted to work on it today till... yep, you guessed it again, the screen of my trusty computers goes blurry on the left side and it seems to be spreading :angry: Sometimes... Oh well dad will be here wednesday, hope to report on thursday a healthy computer

First remove a horribly typo dead -> dad
Second; as promised the news is: healthy computer... or better to say bypassed the error. Now use A DVI-D cable instead of D-Sub for my video to monitor, and the transition of digital-analog apparently was the problem. Thus, I am back from the 3 day modding break ;)