Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#361 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

No, it was really that PID problem. She is not fishing for compliments or agreement all the time, she respects your opinions even if different from her own (within reasonable range). And she is not so fragile that one wrong answer spoils the whole game.

Hopefully the repaired game will show this and correct the wrong impression.

Thank you for all the help! Starting a new game now :)

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#362 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

When u enter the labyrinth in order to follow sarevok and meet Voletta Stiletto, Sandrah will heal her after the dialog finished. If you talk to her again, Sandrah will heal her again and u will receive another 750 XP.

#363 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

When u enter the labyrinth in order to follow sarevok and meet Voletta Stiletto, Sandrah will heal her after the dialog finished. If you talk to her again, Sandrah will heal her again and u will receive another 750 XP.

Thanks for the report

I originally coded this for BGT but the trigger for Voletta's dialogue has been changed from the BGT version, since in the EE game you cannot return here after Sarevok's defeat. Now you are able to repeat it again and again and reset the healing scene.

I have fixed this.

Edited by Roxanne, 08 March 2017 - 12:21 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#364 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

If you encouter this problem

Sandrah PIDs do not trigger during BG1 campaign

EET adds a false filter to (probably not only Sandrah) dialogues so no PID (Player Initiated Dialogue) can trigger during SoD or BG1. I am waiting for a response from K4thos, who normally provides fixes quite quickly.

If you are familiar with Near Infinity you can fix the issue in CVSandrJ.dlg by removing the blocking code

Global("EndofBG1","GLOBAL",2)
GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",20)

IsGabber(Player1)
Global("SanPidPack","GLOBAL",0)

Looks like EET introduced the problem when fixing another problem.

The thing is added by the EET_end final component - which is otherwise needed, so it will not help to just uninstall this.

Here is a patch which can be used until EET_end function is repaired.

Attached File  SandrahEET_PID_Repair.rar   857.59K   1953 downloads

The Sandrah Saga

#365 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:23 AM

Fairly simple error: fl#add_kit_ee.tpa (on github) is the html source of this page instead of the raw version. Sandrah kit choked on it installing obviously, replacing file contents with correct contents and all installed OK.

#366 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:31 AM

Fairly simple error: fl#add_kit_ee.tpa (on github) is the html source of this page instead of the raw version. Sandrah kit choked on it installing obviously, replacing file contents with correct contents and all installed OK.

Thanks - corrected now.

The Sandrah Saga

#367 Lilaina

Lilaina
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:35 AM

Hi. A couple of things about Jen'lig:

1. Is there any way to make her default combat behavior less aggressive? She blasts enemies with her spell as soon as she sees a hostile and she is very difficult to control because instead of moving to the spot I've clicked on the ground, she changes direction and heads for the closest enemy almost immediately. I find it almost impossible to position her behind enemies for backstabs for instance. Ideally I'd like to disable her combat script altogether and control her like a regular NPC but in the readme you said that messing with her combat script might cause issues with story related triggers and lead to other strange behavior.

2. If she equips a regular weapon instead of her silversword, something happens to her pathing. Basically, if I click on a spot on the other side of the map, she won't make it there but instead stop at some point on the way. If I give her sword back to her the issue goes away.

Both of the issues above happen with freshly installed games on two PCs with no other mods installed other than what BWS says is required for Sandrah Saga.

Oh, and a bonus question: Sandrah's banter seems to be triggering quite frequently. If I use a banter timing tweak for BG2 to make them happen less frequent will that affect her as well or should I install a banter timing tweak for BG1 since that's where I currently am in my test run of EET.

Edited by Lilaina, 15 March 2017 - 06:36 AM.

#368 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

1. Is there any way to make her default combat behavior less aggressive? She blasts enemies with her spell as soon as she sees a hostile and she is very difficult to control because instead of moving to the spot I've clicked on the ground, she changes direction and heads for the closest enemy almost immediately. I find it almost impossible to position her behind enemies for backstabs for instance. Ideally I'd like to disable her combat script altogether and control her like a regular NPC but in the readme you said that messing with her combat script might cause issues with story related triggers and lead to other strange behavior.

2. If she equips a regular weapon instead of her silversword, something happens to her pathing. Basically, if I click on a spot on the other side of the map, she won't make it there but instead stop at some point on the way. If I give her sword back to her the issue goes away.

Both of the issues above happen with freshly installed games on two PCs with no other mods installed other than what BWS says is required for Sandrah Saga.

Oh, and a bonus question: Sandrah's banter seems to be triggering quite frequently. If I use a banter timing tweak for BG2 to make them happen less frequent will that affect her as well or should I install a banter timing tweak for BG1 since that's where I currently am in my test run of EET.

1. Jen'lig will *learn* to trust your commands over time - she will tell you about githyanki combat in her banters. On each level up and after some greater victories she becomes more controllable - it is an inter-racial exchange in which you earn her trust and qualify as her *commander*. Although she is a thief, she is githyanki first - they do not like backstabbing, they love to look a dying foe in the eyes. (It is one of many new ideas by which I try to break out of the routine behaviour and make NPCs more of individual and special personalities. A good leader should deal with it, NPCs are not thralls.)

2. Githyanki use silver weapons and swords exclusively - she tries to re-equip her sword after some time when you give her something else. Question: does that happen when you just equip her with another weapon but let her keep her silver sword in the inventory?

3. Sandrah's banters at the early stage are triggered mostly by events - their frequency depends on the road you take through the game. Only very few use a timer. The old tweaks have no effect, they do not recognise any mod NPCs.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 March 2017 - 09:18 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#369 Lilaina

Lilaina
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:31 AM

1. Jen'lig will *learn* to trust your commands over time - she will tell you about githyanki combat in her banters. On each level up and after some greater victories she becomes more controllable - it is an inter-racial exchange in which you earn her trust and qualify as her *commander*. Although she is a thief, she is githyanki first - they do not like backstabbing, they love to look a dying foe in the eyes. (It is one of many new ideas by which I try to break out of the routine behaviour and make NPCs more of individual and special personalities. A good leader should deal with it, NPCs are not thralls.)

2. Githyanki use silver weapons and swords exclusively - she tries to re-equip her sword after some time when you give her something else. Question: does that happen when you just equip her with another weapon but let her keep her silver sword in the inventory?

3. Sandrah's banters at the early stage are triggered mostly by events - their frequency depends on the road you take through the game. Only very few use a timer. The old tweaks have no effect, they do not recognise any mod NPCs.

1. Ok, that's kinda cool actually and makes her early level OP:ness more justified.

2. The issue seems to only happen if I move the silver sword to her inventory. As long as it remains in one of her weapon slots I can use other weapons too without problems. Not a biggie.

3. OK, nice to hear. I was just worried that she would run out of things to say like the NPCs in BG2 tend to do.

Everything is working fine now so I can start my proper playthrough soonish. :D

One more question: I've seen some higher level/different mobs placed in some areas. Are those from Sandrah Saga? She commented on the duergar near friendly arm at least. (Not that I mind them; scouting is necessary again because of them).

Edited by Lilaina, 15 March 2017 - 09:32 AM.

#370 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

1. Ok, that's kinda cool actually and makes her early level OP:ness more justified.

2. The issue seems to only happen if I move the silver sword to her inventory. As long as it remains in one of her weapon slots I can use other weapons too without problems. Not a biggie.

3. OK, nice to hear. I was just worried that she would run out of things to say like the NPCs in BG2 tend to do.

Everything is working fine now so I can start my proper playthrough soonish. :D

One more question: I've seen some higher level/different mobs placed in some areas. Are those from Sandrah Saga? She commented on the duergar near friendly arm at least. (Not that I mind them; scouting is necessary again because of them).

Spoiler

2. This *lag* may be related to a *feature/bug* that seems to have appeared after the last EE official patch - generally there seems to be a short delay when special/personalised items are moved in the inventories. This most likely is caused by the additional check for who can use which items (even if you do not change the actor). There is a bug report for the vanilla game concerning this issue.

3. She *reloads* banters as you progress. Also the PIDs you can start with her are permanently updated to follow the story.

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 15 March 2017 - 10:04 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#371 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

The following oddities currently appear when installing Sandrah and Might and Guile mods together

- Sandrah gets 4 extra stars in proficiency slots

- She can use mage scrolls to cast spells

This is not intended, but not game breaking and worked on in M+G..

(It isl also the same for other fighter and fighter/cleric NPCs or the PC)

Edited by Roxanne, 15 March 2017 - 01:17 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#372 -Shagar-

-Shagar-

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

Hi, Roxanne, a minor nuisance here. In the battle against Tarnesh, Imoen became slept, so once he died, Sandrah kept on repeating time and again her interjection until Imoen awakened and could follow the conversation.

#373 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Hi, Roxanne, a minor nuisance here. In the battle against Tarnesh, Imoen became slept, so once he died, Sandrah kept on repeating time and again her interjection until Imoen awakened and could follow the conversation.

Thank you for the hint,

I added a check for Imoen being able to talk (if In Party).

Edited by Roxanne, 15 March 2017 - 02:16 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#374 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

Quest related question:

Spoiler

#375 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

Quest related question:

Spoiler

Spoiler

If nothing of that happens, there is supposed to be an autosave from before you entered that lowest level.

PS - That special ability is a left-over from the BGT-version where you could not use worldmap for travel at that point in the game. I left it in there for convenience (e.g.if you have the thief stronghold and a long journey could endanger your obligations there.). I am not sure if it should be removed for EET, could be considered a cheat.

Edited by Roxanne, 16 March 2017 - 02:41 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#376 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

The autosave wont work, already travelled couple of times back and forth between the ship and waterdeep.

Global SanVamp is set at 13 but i cant find a global named Spawns :/

Edited by Kvothe., 16 March 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#377 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

The autosave wont work, already travelled couple of times back and forth between the ship and waterdeep.

How do I check those globals?

Use console

C:GetGlobal("SanVampWDQuest","GLOBAL") should return answer 13

C:GetGlobal("Spawns","CVELS3") should exist and have some value (gametime)

Edited by Roxanne, 16 March 2017 - 02:47 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#378 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

Oops already checked globals via EEK but didnt change my post.

Regardless same result via console:  SanVamp is set to 13 but Global Spawns doesnt exist

#379 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

Oops already checked globals via EEK but didnt change my post.

Regardless same result via console:  SanVamp is set to 13 but Global Spawns doesnt exist

It is Global("Spawns","CVELS3") this means it is not stored as a Global in baldur.gam but inside the area data. Console will only tell you the value when you are in that area (or when you look into the area data saved inside of Baldur.sav).

Anyway - to move on

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 16 March 2017 - 03:07 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#380 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

Cool, C:SetGlobal("Spawns","CVELS3",2) seemed to do the trick