Photo

Item Upgrade - Demon's Heart?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:12 AM

I'm utterly clueless. I've tried googling for it too, but no luck. Where can you find the Demon's Heart required for the CF upgrade? The only one mentioned is the one from Planar Sphere, but that's used up to return to Slums. I've just beaten Demogorgon, got his heart and wanted to use it, but according to Cespenar that's not it.

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:32 AM

I'm utterly clueless. I've tried googling for it too, but no luck. Where can you find the Demon's Heart required for the CF upgrade? The only one mentioned is the one from Planar Sphere, but that's used up to return to Slums. I've just beaten Demogorgon, got his heart and wanted to use it, but according to Cespenar that's not it.

Edited by Roxanne, 13 July 2016 - 08:47 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:34 AM

I play on English version. I considered it being Heart of the Damned since it's needed in other recipes, but according to Google and Item Upgrade itself you can even upgrade CF in SoA? I don't know. People seem to say so and say "Demon's Heart", but never a place where it can be obtained :<

#4 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1400 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:35 AM

You can slay at least three demons during the Planar Sphere quest to get their hearts. Only one heart is required to power up the sphere itself which leaves you with two more hearts for other uses. The Demogorgon heart is from another mod (most likely Djinni Companion).

If you don't mind cheating you can console one heart in with CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC6M") in original BG2 or C:CreateItem("MISC6M") in BG2EE.

#5 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:24 AM

I play on English version. I considered it being Heart of the Damned since it's needed in other recipes, but according to Google and Item Upgrade itself you can even upgrade CF in SoA? I don't know. People seem to say so and say "Demon's Heart", but never a place where it can be obtained :<

You can slay at least three demons during the Planar Sphere quest to get their hearts. Only one heart is required to power up the sphere itself which leaves you with two more hearts for other uses. The Demogorgon heart is from another mod (most likely Djinni Companion).

If you don't mind cheating you can console one heart in with CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC6M") in original BG2 or C:CreateItem("MISC6M") in BG2EE.

The Sandrah Saga

#6 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5151 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:57 AM

There may indeed be a small problem, most of the numerous Tanaari that drop such a heart
Actually there's only the kind in the Planar Sphere ... on the specifics creatures.. and the place has three of them all together... in the "Netherworld", or "ar0414".are ... on two "abydem01".cre .. and on 1 "obsdem01".cre ...

Edited by The Imp, 12 July 2016 - 11:58 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for the answers. I had an issue with Planar Sphere not traveling at all, I noted it in my bug report thread. I used Console to get to the abyss plane and move the quest forward, didn't see more demons but maybe I didn't look well enough since I was already sulky because of having to cheat my way into it.

#8 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:14 PM

AFAIK, everything asked for by Cespenar can be found in ToB (not only in WK of course) and the demon hearts you find in the Sphere are NOT used by Cespenar (at least in vanilla game ;) ).

#9 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:30 PM

Well yeah, but when you play with a mega mod install you can basically throw all of the vanilla game knowledge to the trash bin :P With item randomization and item upgrade alone it becomes quite difficult to plan for Cromwell/Cespenar and the CF upgrade I asked abut comes from the latter mod :)

#10 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:40 PM

Well yeah, but when you play with a mega mod install you can basically throw all of the vanilla game knowledge to the trash bin :P With item randomization and item upgrade alone it becomes quite difficult to plan for Cromwell/Cespenar and the CF upgrade I asked abut comes from the latter mod :)

The Sandrah Saga

#11 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:45 AM

With the demon heart discussed here, it is only available from killing a specific type of tanaari (all variations appearing in the game are clones of that cre.) Where those creatures are found by default (vanilla game) was mentioned in the previous posts. Another bunch of copies of that creature (and carrying a demon's heart) are added by various mods, so you might find then randomly depending on the mods you installed but there is no guarantee that you will find one for your purpose. As the cre carries the item it is not subject to item randomization.

I know that heart in the demon would not get randomized, but that specific demon didn't appear anywhere else in SoA. No mod I have added it and I've got a lot of mods. I did check the PS demon plane and there is indeed one more Tanar'ri dropping the heart in there.

Mystery solved. Maybe it's for the better anyway, I didn't have any issues finishing SoA without the upgraded CF and I put away all the items (aside of boots of speed and 1 item per char) at the start of ToB into the plane boxes to actually have fun finding new stuff. I have a feeling coming into ToB with the modded SoA inventory would be a huge overkill. Even though I did my best not to use OP items.

If (or rather when) I'll play BG again I'll have to figure out something to make the game more challenging without nerfing the experience gains (I like experience gains :P). And find out which mods add all the items I have in my "just in case" bag and make sure I don't install those. I'd rather use what I get than have to decide if something's too op on my own ;<

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 13 July 2016 - 04:48 AM.