Photo

[Removed] Sandrah NPC

• Please log in to reply
1192 replies to this topic

#121 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5155 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:01 AM

Sounds to me that I can just exceed those technologies to include additional checks for mods with subcomponents. It will make the tp much bigger and maybe the install process a bit longer but may create less errors in the end.
The size of the .tp2 file or the length of time the install takes should not be a concern for a NPC mod, as you are not editing the enemy scripts, or editing every single item, spell etc in the game, aka making a tweak or enemy AI mod. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#122 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:14 AM

Yup both of them. You can't pick her alone without killing Khalid as far as I know.

There is a mod in BGT (not mine and I do not remember which one it is) that allows you to have such couples like Jaheira/Khalid or Dynaheir/Minsc separated without such drastic methods, just by kicking them out of the party and then having just one of them back into the party. The option is not in the initial joining dialogue though.

Well I do not have it then, since I cant separate her from him without killing him.

And like I posted earlier, I got moved to that beach area where Sandrah bath and after I can't leave it. No transition point anywhere. I assume Im supposed to be teleported back, but nothing happens.

#123 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:25 AM

Yup both of them. You can't pick her alone without killing Khalid as far as I know.

There is a mod in BGT (not mine and I do not remember which one it is) that allows you to have such couples like Jaheira/Khalid or Dynaheir/Minsc separated without such drastic methods, just by kicking them out of the party and then having just one of them back into the party. The option is not in the initial joining dialogue though.

Well I do not have it then, since I cant separate her from him without killing him.

And like I posted earlier, I got moved to that beach area where Sandrah bath and after I can't leave it. No transition point anywhere. I assume Im supposed to be teleported back, but nothing happens.

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#124 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:40 AM

Well, I somehow missed this...She clearly says that, after I loaded autosave. Heh where my eyes have been -.-'

Edit: Btw nothing wrong will happen If I have only Jaheira in pt? Khalid is useless in pt so I killed him <_<

Edited by Lithesis, 15 April 2015 - 03:02 AM.

#125 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:34 AM

Well, I somehow missed this...She clearly says that, after I loaded autosave. Heh where my eyes have been -.-'

Edit: Btw nothing wrong will happen If I have only Jaheira in pt? Khalid is useless in pt so I killed him <_<

Nasty, nasty...

With regards to Sandrah, there are options for having either one or the other or both in the party, having both just adds a little story to the game (just some banters, no big action). You will have no problem without him.

The Sandrah Saga

#126 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

Hi Roxanne i am not 100% sure that your mod causes that but last time i did not have such problems(might be intentional change in some part though) and only mod added to installation was yours :/
a) I have Haiass mod installed and my pet wolf have not showed in tavern when i enter there. I saw that your mod did check for Haiass so maybe you moved him later or something? But better to ask than to be sorry right? :)
b) Basically most things that are OnCreation in my AR0015 (Candelkeep) , don`t work - i didn`t get quatterstaf, i did not have "this is candlekeep" reading taking bhaal powers until i saved and loaded, terothil(or something like that - one that gives you a scroll for quest) never shows up, also the training fight where an archer starts to shot you and you fight with a guy goes until they kill you... This is because you added some scripts from your mod on top of the file - I checked that by moving all your commands on the bottom of the file by NI and then starting again - everything went as it should be(had the normal start, got quatterstaf and so on) . Maybe you should not add if clauses at the top of the files? Cause it seems that it breaks some OnCreation scripts... If you had used those scripts in other areas there might be some issues later too...

To be exact i moved those lines to the bottom of the file

Spoiler

EDIT
Also checked and Sandrah spawns without any problems when moved to the bottom.

Edited by dragonian, 15 April 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#127 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

Hi Roxanne i am not 100% sure that your mod causes that but last time i did not have such problems(might be intentional change in some part though) and only mod added to installation was yours :/
a) I have Haiass mod installed and my pet wolf have not showed in tavern when i enter there. I saw that your mod did check for Haiass so maybe you moved him later or something? But better to ask than to be sorry right? :)
b) Basically most things that are OnCreation in my AR0015 (Candelkeep) , don`t work - i didn`t get quatterstaf, i did not have "this is candlekeep" reading taking bhaal powers until i saved and loaded, terothil(or something like that - one that gives you a scroll for quest) never shows up, also the training fight where an archer starts to shot you and you fight with a guy goes until they kill you... This is because you added some scripts from your mod on top of the file - I checked that by moving all your commands on the bottom of the file by NI and then starting again - everything went as it should be(had the normal start, got quatterstaf and so on) . Maybe you should not add if clauses at the top of the files? Cause it seems that it breaks some OnCreation scripts... If you had used those scripts in other areas there might be some issues later too...

To be exact i moved those lines to the bottom of the file

Spoiler

EDIT
Also checked and Sandrah spawns without any problems when moved to the bottom.

Your wolf will show up soon, as soon as you meet Sandrah. He has a lot of interplay with her and emphasises her love and respect for animals.

Thank you for the hint at Candlekeep. It was my very first attempt at an area bcs done on the very beginning of my modding. I never came back to clean this up. I will change this now. (EXTEND_BOTTOM)

Now that you mention it, I noticed the missing training guy before but I never got the idea that I have caused it.

I never noticed anything of the kind in other areas where I added context having learned to use Continue() and better scripting by that time. In case you find other cases still, please let me know.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 April 2015 - 09:20 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#128 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:20 AM

I sure will :) Your mod seems to add a lot so i really hope that with the community help it will be able to work without any problems :) And us reporting errors will help you fix them :)

#129 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

Hmm, dunno if its this mod but it is. When I entered Nashkeel I didnt get act 3 movie and narrator reading. it appeared when I saved and loaded.

Also - Sandrah items, it might be good idea to somehow, dunno make quests to improve them gradually during travel through BGT. Or add recipes to Cromwell and Cespenar to improve them coz right now, I just walked into Xvart Village, moved Sandrah in the middle, assigned BP Series script and sipped tea while she killed dem all muaha... ehm, I don't really mind but she's more OP than PC <_<

Edit: And it would be nice to know what her items actually do, like AC, immunities, etc :) I know I can check it in NI or shadowkeeper but still :P

Edited by Lithesis, 15 April 2015 - 09:41 AM.

#130 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

Hmm, dunno if its this mod but it is. When I entered Nashkeel I didnt get act 3 movie and narrator reading. it appeared when I saved and loaded.

Also - Sandrah items, it might be good idea to somehow, dunno make quests to improve them gradually during travel through BGT. Or add recipes to Cromwell and Cespenar to improve them coz right now, I just walked into Xvart Village, moved Sandrah in the middle, assigned BP Series script and sipped tea while she killed dem all muaha... ehm, I don't really mind but she's more OP than PC <_<

Edit: And it would be nice to know what her items actually do, like AC, immunities, etc :) I know I can check it in NI or shadowkeeper but still :P

The Nashkel issue is probably related to Valerie, not to Sandrah, although I will add a line of code to make sure for the Carnival area in case you enter there first.

The item improvement is part of the plot already even if it comes much later in the game

The thing I have not considered is the player to assign her any script. Of course with disabling her own script all the restraints and penalties are gone and I have never looked at what she will do in such a case.

The Sandrah Saga

#131 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:31 PM

The thing I have not considered is the player to assign her any script. Of course with disabling her own script all the restraints and penalties are gone and I have never looked at what she will do in such a case.

With 1hp/sec regen in BG1 even with the worst possible script she won't die any time soon. Anyhow, I don't know if you're aware of the issue that if she's "accidentaly" hit by friendly fire she goes hostile. 

#132 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:50 PM

Actually i played a bit and when using her items she is really nearly undefeatable. So if you already have implemented improving items maybe tone them down and make her gain additional things at certain levels? Or something similar? Cromwel/Caspenar recipes sound good too. Cause right now i just buff her a bit with priest spells and send her into any group of opponents and she just kills them.(Probably will just use her without those items for this run but still...)

#133 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:29 PM

Actually i played a bit and when using her items she is really nearly undefeatable. So if you already have implemented improving items maybe tone them down and make her gain additional things at certain levels? Or something similar? Cromwel/Caspenar recipes sound good too. Cause right now i just buff her a bit with priest spells and send her into any group of opponents and she just kills them.(Probably will just use her without those items for this run but still...)

With 1hp/sec regen in BG1 even with the worst possible script she won't die any time soon. Anyhow, I don't know if you're aware of the issue that if she's "accidentaly" hit by friendly fire she goes hostile. 

I started a new game to check out the improvements done so far. She just got killed by a gang of hobgoblins outside the Friendly Arm.

She gets hostile when hit by own fire or when turned by an enemy but she recovers after a period if you manage to stay out of her way.

PS same is true for Haiass

PPS I am working on revision of her initial items and a plot how they will be gradually improved through solving a number of quests for her goddess until she has what she needs for RtF (i.e.the sequel after ToB)

Edited by Roxanne, 15 April 2015 - 10:39 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#134 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:27 PM

I started a new game to check out the improvements done so far. She just got killed by a gang of hobgoblins outside the Friendly Arm.

She gets hostile when hit by own fire or when turned by an enemy but she recovers after a period if you manage to stay out of her way.

It's BG1, where two hits will easilly kill you. It's also very immersion-breaking to be attacked by your own NPCs (other than them being confused, charmed etc.). No other NPC does this.

As I said, I really don't understand how Hobgoblins can kill her other than connecting several massive criticals in a row if she's not wearing a helemet. She regenerates 6HP in a round (arrow damage) and has base 2 attacks per round, even with no armor she could very easilly kill a  group of 3 or less (their THAC0 is pathetic). Try the battle again if you want to see, but if it happened it can only be explained by very bad luck.

#135 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

Revised Initial Equipment

I have revised the initial items on Sandrah that seem to cause trouble.

She still regenerates but with 1HP per 20 seconds. - the feature was initially introduced in support of her healer's personality (and a healer should be able to heal herself even without spells), I just had not enough experience at that time with spells yet and took the wrong parameter setting which healed her far too fast. Hope that is realistic now.

The new items should work even in a game already started by simply copying them in the override folder. (Or put them in the itm folder of the mod before compiling)

The other stuff she has looks ok to me, it increases her lore and charisma to the level supported by her background story.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 April 2015 - 11:47 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#136 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:53 PM

Revised Initial Equipment

She still regenerates but with 1HP per 20 seconds. 

That's far more sensible :) .

#137 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:55 PM

It's BG1, where two hits will easilly kill you. It's also very immersion-breaking to be attacked by your own NPCs (other than them being confused, charmed etc.). No other NPC does this.

As I said, I really don't understand how Hobgoblins can kill her other than connecting several massive criticals in a row if she's not wearing a helemet. She regenerates 6HP in a round (arrow damage) and has base 2 attacks per round, even with no armor she could very easilly kill a  group of 3 or less (their THAC0 is pathetic). Try the battle again if you want to see, but if it happened it can only be explained by very bad luck.

An item revision has just been posted that hopefully corrects that.

With respect of an NPC turning against you when attacked, she is not the only one who does that (probably only the initial BG1 do not). Furtermore, it is consistent with her personality and background story, which is evolving through the game. Being betrayed by companions, backstabbed etc is an issue in her family history that she is exploring by the time you meet her. She is extremely sensitive in this area.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 April 2015 - 11:57 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#138 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:21 AM

With respect of an NPC turning against you when attacked, she is not the only one who does that (probably only the initial BG1 do not). Furtermore, it is consistent with her personality and background story, which is evolving through the game. Being betrayed by companions, backstabbed etc is an issue in her family history that she is exploring by the time you meet her. She is extremely sensitive in this area.

I'm not talking about "force-attack". If she gets in Scorcher Ray/Fireball AoE she goes hostile, even if she's not the primary target. No other NPC does that (you need a script to do that).

What happens is that you have to babysit her so she doesn't ever get hit by your damaging spell. I haven't tried, but chances are, if one of your PCs gets charmed/confused, she'll turn "red-circled" as well. This isn't consistent with vanill game behaviour.

#139 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:59 AM

I'm not talking about "force-attack". If she gets in Scorcher Ray/Fireball AoE she goes hostile, even if she's not the primary target. No other NPC does that (you need a script to do that).

What happens is that you have to babysit her so she doesn't ever get hit by your damaging spell. I haven't tried, but chances are, if one of your PCs gets charmed/confused, she'll turn "red-circled" as well. This isn't consistent with vanill game behaviour.

Correct, this is her initial reaction when she thinks she is attacked. She recovers (to green) after a short period if she finds that you have not really attacked her. And yes, this is not vanilla game behaviour and intended.

The Sandrah Saga

#140 -gerri-

-gerri-

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

Hello!

I am a german translator and Player of BG and the kerzenburg Forum. First of all, this modidea is fantastic. But there are questions...

There is no description what to do with the parts and how exactly to install this mod. I have pt1 and p2 - must they be merged?

BGT installer does not know Sandrah so it doesnt install. The files to downoad are often broken, or have errors.

For us as translators it woul be good as well to have the files traified, for better translation.

Thanks, I will happy to get an nanswer.