Photo

[Removed] Sandrah NPC

• Please log in to reply
1192 replies to this topic

#101 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

Got some weird bug. Sandrah was constantly walking towards Jaheira - I suspect to initiate a dialog, but nothing was happening. When I removed Jaheira, that behavior stopped -.-'

Edit: Can't move Sandrah anywhere coz she breaks my movement order when Jaheira is in pt...

Did they have any talk before that already? What is the value of Global("JarKhalBant1","GLOBAL")?

Shadowkeeper says value is 1.

Also when Sandrah talked bout horses in Candlekeep, after "Do you know the story of a princess..." I have "there is no valid replies or links."

Edit: And the talk repeated, again no valid replies.

Edit2: Repeat yet again -.-'

Edit:3 Now she's spamming, cant do shit D: Halp!

Edited by Lithesis, 14 April 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#102 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:19 AM

Hi got this error while trying to install ;)

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [B!REED.DLG] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [SandrahNPC/Mods/bgavinsan.d]: Failure("resource [B!REED.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Stopping installation because of error.

I have few Gavin mods installed:
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #4
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #13
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #1
~SETUP-GAVIN_BG2_BGT.TP2~ #0 #0

Any ideas? :)

It looks like you have Gavin installed but without the romance part (which contains his sister Reed). I need an additional check for such a constellation. Here is a possible fix for it

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#103 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

Got some weird bug. Sandrah was constantly walking towards Jaheira - I suspect to initiate a dialog, but nothing was happening. When I removed Jaheira, that behavior stopped -.-'

Edit: Can't move Sandrah anywhere coz she breaks my movement order when Jaheira is in pt...

Did they have any talk before that already? What is the value of Global("JarKhalBant1","GLOBAL")?

Shadowkeeper says value is 1.

Also when Sandrah talked bout horses in Candlekeep, after "Do you know the story of a princess..." I have "there is no valid replies or links."

Edit: And the talk repeated, again no valid replies.

Edit2: Repeat yet again -.-'

I think I see the problem. Can you look at Global("SanRomPath","GLOBAL") please?? Is your PC male or female?

The Sandrah Saga

#104 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:30 AM

Male.

Used cluaconsole command. It says this global does not exist.

#105 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:34 AM

Male.

Used cluaconsole command. It says this global does not exist.

It should be 1 and with that both issues should be resolved.

I wonder why it is not there, it should be set at your first meeting. Do you remember still if Sandrah initiated the dialogue or did you need to talk to her first?

PS  You should also check

Global("SanDreamTalkTime","GLOBAL") and Global("SanFlirTi","GLOBAL") and in case they are missing set them to 0. Maybe the whole block has not been executed.

Edited by Roxanne, 14 April 2015 - 10:40 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#106 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:36 AM

Roxanne I added informations to my last post ;)

#107 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

She initiated and keeps spamming right now.... Cant move coz she comes to talk lol :D

Edit: None of them exist.

Edited by Lithesis, 14 April 2015 - 10:49 AM.

#108 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:33 AM

Hi got this error while trying to install ;)

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [B!REED.DLG] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [SandrahNPC/Mods/bgavinsan.d]: Failure("resource [B!REED.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

I have few Gavin mods installed:
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #4
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #13
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #1
~SETUP-GAVIN_BG2_BGT.TP2~ #0 #0

Any ideas? :)

EDIT
I added Gavin romance that i have not installed earlier and am trying now again.

EDIT 2
Yep works now :)

But i think that you need to add check for specific parts of mods instead of whole mods ;)

Also as i promised Weidu.log(to the moment that sandrah was installed didn`t finish installation yet) and debugs

Thanks for the Debug files. I think I have the issue tracked down pretty much and I also found an older post on the issue that refers to the use of Spell IDS in large BGT installations.

http://www.shsforums...sids-conflicts/

I am working on a solution already.

The Sandrah Saga

#109 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:41 AM

Fwiw, I'd suggest a rather simplistic approach:

- strip the custom scripts

- replace them with generic-named ones found in non-modded game 

- let user decide if he wants AI mods or not, and if, which will it be

The way it's done now will cause numerous errors - in case of SCS, your items which give specific immunites won't protect you vs AI spells (e.g. Charm, Web and similar), in case of aTweaks they won't prevent custom Fear/Disease effects, nor will they be "detectable" by AI.

Short story: If you add items - make sure your mod goes before SCS/aTweaks, and functions well without them.

Another option is to write down "this mod needs BP to function properly since it uses some of it's script triggers...."; but I think that some spells you use in your scripts aren't BP-specific, but depend on other mods. Unfortunately, I didn't really have the time to investigate where some spells come from - they could easilly be from the mods you list as "must" to install.

Anyhow - best of luck, whatever you decide. This thing is huge. :Bow:

I found a post by Leonardo Watson http://www.shsforums...sids-conflicts/ that describes the issue at hand pretty well, I guess. You really run into trouble in large BGT installations unless you dictate an installation order and choice for each and everything which is surely not intended.

I will use this input and the comment from the Imp on the issue to clean up the respective files (it seem to be just about a dozen scripts in my case and a manageable number of IDS that are affected).

The Sandrah Saga

#110 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:30 PM

So is there any way to fix this? It's kinda not playable right now :/

#111 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5155 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:45 PM

Well, I am sure Roxanne can fix it eventually, but it's likely to need a quite bit of work in sorting this all out to sectional content(as in, if this component has been installed, add this content, if not skip it, next), so if you don't want to make a near equal install as Roxanne's original, you'll likely have to wait for a bit.
I wish you Roxanne all the good fortune and I am looking forward to playing this one day.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#112 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

The very first meeting of PC and Sandrah went wrong and the initial setting of Globals was not done. I will build in a safety feature for this case because much in the rest of the game depends on these settings.

For your case there are three possibilities

A) Set with console the following

• SetGlobal("SanRomPath","GLOBAL",1)
  • SetGlobal("SanDreamTalkTime","GLOBAL",0)
  • SetGlobal("SanFlirTi","GLOBAL",0)

= you will have some backlog of dialogues and get some misfired ones for a moment but should be ok afterwards

B) Start again from a point before you met her and after she joined check that

• Global("SanRomPath","GLOBAL",1)
  • Global("SanDreamTalkTime","GLOBAL",yyyyy) where yyyy is anything but 0
  • Global("SanFlirTi","GLOBAL",zzzzz) where zzzz is anything but 0

= you should get the initial phase of your alliance as it was intended.

C) Install the safety feature I have drafted before you do B)

For this, use Near Infinity to paste the following block at the top of ar6600.bcs and select compile and save

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#113 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:18 PM

Well, I am sure Roxanne can fix it eventually, but it's likely to need a quite bit of work in sorting this all out to sectional content(as in, if this component has been installed, add this content, if not skip it, next), so if you don't want to make a near equal install as Roxanne's original, you'll likely have to wait for a bit.
I wish you Roxanne all the good fortune and I am looking forward to playing this one day.

I think I made quite some progress based on the comments I have received on this forum so far.

I have cleaned up scripts that had problems from various mods changing the spell IDS in a couple of ways in a large BGT installation so you would rarely find two users with exactly the same table, see http://www.shsforums...ids-conflicts/.

I have also identified optional dialog files referenced in CHAINS that were not having the required condition to check IF_FILE_EXISTS

A number of tp2 issues have been corrected. Before I upload the new version with all these corrections I want to make sure I have as much on board as possible for the moment.

Now there is another issue I need some advice for

Some mods have selectable subfeatures that add or leave out content (Like Gavin, you can have him as plain NPC or with a romance feature added). Currently I only have checks for such mod as a whole (normally checking for the NPC.cre). Of course it is possible, even if quite some task, to add further checks for subcomponents where they impact Sandrah, provided that it can be deducted from the mods respective tp2.

Of course it will further increase the size of the tp2, will it also have some impact on the installation process??

Alternatively I could check all dialogue files to see if some dialogue is in a subcomponent that may or may not be installed, but that may take quite some time.Will it also have some impact on the installation process??

I would be grateful for any expert advice which may be the best way ahead.

The Sandrah Saga

#114 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5155 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

Erhm, this is not an expert advice... I just have a limited knowledge of this. So take it as that. And I am sure there's better ways...

Well, there's a few different options you have, you can take the badold one, and separate all the custom content dependent parts to their own components in the mod. Or use a system that just checks if the mods are installed somehow and then install the additions if they are, in the same component as the original content, or in one component made to be installed later in the install order(aka cross mod content component).

I say somehow cause there's various ways.

Some mods have marker files, the BG2Tweakspacks mod for example has a marker files called cdt<number>.g3 and they can be checked by IF_FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME cdt<number>.g3 ... aka

IF_FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME cdt00010.g3 //the Remove Helmet Animations component is installed
//insert code
END

Other ways include checks if the mod is installed to the game, this can check if the G3Fixpack primary component (0) is installed to the game.

ACTION_IF MOD_IS_INSTALLED "setup-bg2fixpack.tp2" "0" BEGIN
//insert code 
END

It should(never used this myself) check if the weidu.log contains the component. And if it doesn't, it just doesn't run the //insert code -content. And both of those codes can be used inside the main component, as an independent argument. And with a small tweak, they can allow the side component to install.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#115 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

I have cleaned up scripts that had problems from various mods changing the spell IDS 

Exellent, I'm glad you decided to go this route - this makes your mod far less dependant.

#116 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:35 PM

Erhm, this is not an expert advice... I just have a limited knowledge of this. So take it as that. And I am sure there's better ways...

Well, there's a few different options you have, you can take the badold one, and separate all the custom content dependent parts to their own components in the mod. Or use a system that just checks if the mods are installed somehow and then install the additions if they are, in the same component as the original content, or in one component made to be installed later in the install order(aka cross mod content component).

I say somehow cause there's various ways.

Some mods have marker files, the BG2Tweakspacks mod for example has a marker files called cdt<number>.g3 and they can be checked by IF_FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME cdt<number>.g3 ... aka

IF_FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME cdt00010.g3 //the Remove Helmet Animations component is installed
//insert code
END

Other ways include checks if the mod is installed to the game, this can check if the G3Fixpack primary component (0) is installed to the game.

ACTION_IF MOD_IS_INSTALLED "setup-bg2fixpack.tp2" "0" BEGIN
//insert code 
END

It should(never used this myself) check if the weidu.log contains the component. And if it doesn't, it just doesn't run the //insert code -content. And both of those codes can be used inside the main component, as an independent argument. And with a small tweak, they can allow the side component to install.

Thanks I have used both methods already, only I did only one check per mod, not one check per component. In addition I used the IF_FILE_EXISTS check inside of dialogue files for INTERJECTS ans CHAINS.

Sounds to me that I can just exceed those technologies to include additional checks for mods with subcomponents. It will make the tp much bigger and maybe the install process a bit longer but may create less errors in the end.

The Sandrah Saga

#117 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:05 AM

The very first meeting of PC and Sandrah went wrong and the initial setting of Globals was not done. I will build in a safety feature for this case because much in the rest of the game depends on these settings.

= you will have some backlog of dialogues and get some misfired ones for a moment but should be ok afterwards

For this, use Near Infinity to paste the following block at the top of ar6600.bcs and select compile and save

Spoiler

Ok, copied and compiled AR6600, set variables you pointed in A), and now it seems to work :) Thanks

What about Jaheira and Sandrah? Is it fixed too?

Edit: I just rested and got: (Jaheira has chosen a quiet moment to approach Sandrah). Problem is I don't have Jaheira in pt atm..

Edited by Lithesis, 15 April 2015 - 12:32 AM.

#118 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:46 AM

Spoiler

Ok, copied and compiled AR6600, set variables you pointed in A), and now it seems to work :) Thanks

What about Jaheira and Sandrah? Is it fixed too?

Edit: I just rested and got: (Jaheira has chosen a quiet moment to approach Sandrah). Problem is I don't have Jaheira in pt atm..

It seems the trigger for the Jaheirah dialogue is still there from the time you had her and the dialog did not happen.

Suggest to set Global("JarKhalBant1","GLOBAL",0). In case you plan to pick up Jaheirah again, everything should work this time,

PS Just for curiosity, do you just take Jaheirah or also Khalid?

The Sandrah Saga

#119 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:15 AM

Yup both of them. You can't pick her alone without killing Khalid as far as I know.

Edit: Im stuck in the area when you take bath with Sandrah... Can't leave, nothing happens :/

Edited by Lithesis, 15 April 2015 - 01:30 AM.

#120 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:31 AM

Yup both of them. You can't pick her alone without killing Khalid as far as I know.

There is a mod in BGT (not mine and I do not remember which one it is) that allows you to have such couples like Jaheira/Khalid or Dynaheir/Minsc separated without such drastic methods, just by kicking them out of the party and then having just one of them back into the party. The option is not in the initial joining dialogue though.

The Sandrah Saga