Photo

[Removed] Sandrah NPC

• Please log in to reply
1192 replies to this topic

#481 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:26 AM

HF10 fixes this, you however have to return to Ringothal in the altar area before the Underdark entry and talk to him first. Then the person to talk to in the crashing area will appear and maybe (dialogue option) give you the wardstone.

Meanwhile I suggest to put these files into your override folder to fix the possible animation issue.

attachicon.gifFIRE_3GS.BAM

attachicon.gifFIRO_4GS.BAM

So the Ringothal guy is in the area where the locked door was, right?

Thanks for the files I will give them a check :)

#482 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:22 AM

HF10 fixes this, you however have to return to Ringothal in the altar area before the Underdark entry and talk to him first. Then the person to talk to in the crashing area will appear and maybe (dialogue option) give you the wardstone.

Meanwhile I suggest to put these files into your override folder to fix the possible animation issue.

attachicon.gifFIRE_3GS.BAM

attachicon.gifFIRO_4GS.BAM

So the Ringothal guy is in the area where the locked door was, right?

Thanks for the files I will give them a check :)

No, it is Sandrah's old tutor who gave you some quests already in the past at the altar of the Inner Temple.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#483 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:05 AM

No, it is Sandrah's old tutor who gave you some quests already in the past at the altar of the Inner Temple.

Speaking of which...I noticed how he started a conversation every two seconds like a broken record when I passed through his place to enter the Undermountain. I had to initiate a conversation with him so as to keep him "spaced" for a bit after leaving the conversation so that I could leave his area at all despite his broken record tendency.

Maybe the Hotfix 10 will fix that?

Btw I still get the crash despite using those two files for the override. :( Thankfully I can "cheat out" by starting a conversation with those elves before a crash can happen.

EDIT: Alright, with the Hotfix 10 I did not get the repetitive talks from him and instead got one when he talks how happy he is that Sandrah got the key to descend to Undermountain. I did not get the wardstone though. Is the conversation with him necessary to get the wardstone in the area where I got the crashes or he actually SHOULD give me the wardstone himself?

Edited by Samriel, 20 July 2015 - 06:26 AM.

#484 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:57 AM

Speaking of which...I noticed how he started a conversation every two seconds like a broken record when I passed through his place to enter the Undermountain. I had to initiate a conversation with him so as to keep him "spaced" for a bit after leaving the conversation so that I could leave his area at all despite his broken record tendency.

What does he say?

Btw I still get the crash despite using those two files for the override. :( Thankfully I can "cheat out" by starting a conversation with those elves before a crash can happen.

EDIT: Alright, with the Hotfix 10 I did not get the repetitive talks from him and instead got one when he talks how happy he is that Sandrah got the key to descend to Undermountain. I did not get the wardstone though. Is the conversation with him necessary to get the wardstone in the area where I got the crashes

YES

or he actually SHOULD give me the wardstone himself? NO

The Sandrah Saga

#485 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:17 AM

What does he say?

EDIT: Alright, with the Hotfix 10 I did not get the repetitive talks from him and instead got one when he talks how happy he is that Sandrah got the key to descend to Undermountain. I did not get the wardstone though. Is the conversation with him necessary to get the wardstone in the area where I got the crashes

YES

or he actually SHOULD give me the wardstone himself? NO

I have no idea what may cause your strange crash after we have eliminated creature animations and other animations that usually are the reason. There is nothing in the scripts that would trigger upon entering the area. I have found nothing that is prevented by talking to any of the creatures. The area files themselves seem to be intact?? or does the game crash when the conversation stops? Can you move around and explore the strange decorations etc around the room?

The Sandrah Saga

#486 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:08 AM

The mystery deepens. I discovered that when entering said area I can avert the crash not by talking right away BUT by moving my party. If I do not nothing and let my party stay waiting then upon entering said area I always got a crash.

Once I move though out of the place I'm initially then I can actually stay still later and nothing happens anymore.

Weird.

Oh well, I got the wardstone, passed the "test" got the chat with the sis and I can leave that place now.

Though...if I waited a bit when Sandrah rejoined my party then for some reason the drow sister started to attack my party or something. I had to quickly start a conversation with her and get out of that room ASAP.

Another bug?

Edited by Samriel, 20 July 2015 - 08:11 AM.

#487 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:22 AM

The mystery deepens. I discovered that when entering said area I can avert the crash not by talking right away BUT by moving my party. If I do not nothing and let my party stay waiting then upon entering said area I always got a crash.

Once I move though out of the place I'm initially then I can actually stay still later and nothing happens anymore.

Weird.

Yes it is weird,

My suspicion is now, that it is not the area itself causing the problem but something about those creatures in the area before (one not killed trying to follow you into this area). I have had a similar case before in some custom area, so my hope is that it is a random thing. No one else reported such a problem before.

Oh well, I got the wardstone, passed the "test" got the chat with the sis and I can leave that place now.

Though...if I waited a bit when Sandrah rejoined my party then for some reason the drow sister started to attack my party or something. I had to quickly start a conversation with her and get out of that room ASAP.

Another bug?

What does Global("CVUMHostile","GLOBAL") give as value?

Edited by Roxanne, 20 July 2015 - 08:28 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#488 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:36 AM

It gives: lua: call expression not a function.

Should I add SetGlobal in this case? It gives in such case : argument 3 of function 'SetGlobal' should be of type 'long'.

Btw the Drow Sister attacks with a Harm spell which caused attacked party members(especially deadly when hitting Haiass or Sandrah's "panther" both of which are particularly hard to stop) to strike back and so the mess starts so I had to get out FAST after the convers.

Edited by Samriel, 20 July 2015 - 08:37 AM.

#489 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:40 AM

It gives: lua: call expression not a function.

Should I add SetGlobal in this case? It gives in such case : argument 3 of function 'SetGlobal' should be of type 'long'.

Btw the Drow Sister attacks with a Harm spell which caused attacked party members(especially deadly when hitting Haiass or Sandrah's "panther" both of which are particularly hard to stop) to strike back and so the mess starts so I had to get out FAST after the convers.

It is GetGlobal("CVUMHostile","GLOBAL")

The Sandrah Saga

#490 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

Well, in that case I get: CVUMHOSTILE GlobalDoes not exist

#491 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:56 AM

That is a GOOD sign.

In this case I propose that you install Hotfix HF13.

The only reason for her to get hostile should be that you attack either herself or one of her community.

However, for the fix to work you have to go to a save before you entered the area where you meet her.

Edited by Roxanne, 20 July 2015 - 08:57 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#492 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

That is a GOOD sign.

In this case I propose that you install Hotfix HF13.

The only reason for her to get hostile should be that you attack either herself or one of her community.

However, for the fix to work you have to go to a save before you entered the area where you meet her.

Plus, I think I found the issue with that crashing area. It is in fact not the area but most likely some vampires from the area before it that try to follow you if you keep standing near the entrance for a while. When you move away from that entry you are out of their reach. I found a similar situation long ago at the Firewine Bridge in the secret area you can open with Carson's scroll. As such it is not specifically a Sandrah issue.

Edited by Roxanne, 20 July 2015 - 11:31 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#493 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:23 AM

Found some minor bugs. With Salvanas (even if you dont have Sandrah in party he always initiate coversation with her.) and with Illyos ( One of theirs dialogs is very strange... it mixes dialogs from other npcs and mash them together. Only made it appear when i did some strange stuff in tob and it was not game or quest breaking)

Edit: Oh and if you go with alternate ways to get to spell hold. and go with maztica route sandrah things you went with Bodhi route.

Edited by miker17, 23 July 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#494 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

Found some minor bugs. With Salvanas (even if you dont have Sandrah in party he always initiate coversation with her.)

I found this one, will be corrected with next version.

and with Illyos ( One of theirs dialogs is very strange... it mixes dialogs from other npcs and mash them together. Only made it appear when i did some strange stuff in tob and it was not game or quest breaking)

I cannot find any issues with their dialogue. Can you give more details about which talk it was or what were the circumstances??

Edit: Oh and if you go with alternate ways to get to spell hold. and go with maztica route sandrah things you went with Bodhi route.

Thank you for the hint.

I have not checked the Matiizca route before, falsely assuming it was a dead end. I have incorporated Aster but not Malficus. Added this for next version.

However - I cannot find a case where she would think PC went with Bodhi in this case. What does she do or say?

Edited by Roxanne, 23 July 2015 - 12:20 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#495 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

Illyos : Went through entire Sendai enclave but left without killing her then went to the Abazigal enclave and skipped through the enclave. Killed dragon guarding the door and entered talked with abazigal and left. Moved to sendai killed her and then abazigal. Had some fun with irenicus and then kicked him out and sumoned some NPC romance from spirit of fate and few more things i dont remember. (But Sandrah calling Illiyos Humanoid skullsucker( line from Worgas)  was epic :3)

Maztica route: Sorry i dont remember but it was something like : that i made mistake and she could be working with irenicus...her dialog ended suddenly when i clicked continue. (She never mentioned this again and rest of game continued without problem)

Also found new bug: If you have Jenlig in party its impossible to finish quest: Search for Jumper because ogre in that cave dont spawn. after encounter with Mind flayer.

Edited by miker17, 23 July 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#496 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:14 PM

Illyos : Went through entire Sendai enclave but left without killing her then went to the Abazigal enclave and skipped through the enclave. Killed dragon guarding the door and entered talked with abazigal and left. Moved to sendai killed her and then abazigal. Had some fun with irenicus and then kicked him out and sumoned some NPC romance from spirit of fate and few more things i dont remember. (But Sandrah calling Illiyos Humanoid skullsucker( line from Worgas)  was epic :3)

This sounds like some dialogue.tlk lines are switched (maybe you installed/de-installed some mod at some time). There is no Sandrah/Worgas crossmod context at all.

Maztica route: Sorry i dont remember but it was something like : that i made mistake and she could be working with irenicus...her dialog ended suddenly when i clicked continue. (She never mentioned this again and rest of game continued without problem)

There is a conversation about Jon and Bodhi perhaps beeing siblings as both need a bhaalspawn soul (from PC and Imoen). This talk (intendently) stops when Sandrah recognises that she maybe has said too much. (It appears regardless which road you take to Brynlaw)

Also found new bug: If you have Jenlig in party its impossible to finish quest: Search for Jumper because ogre in that cave dont spawn. after encounter with Mind flayer.

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#497 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:51 AM

I found an incompatibility between Sandrah mod and SCS component 6830 which makes all blue dragons in the game hostile on sight (affects my mod creatures)

Hotfix HF14 added at

http://www.shsforums...fixes/?p=579107

The Sandrah Saga

#498 illume

illume
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

Years since last play, I am back to making my new MEGA-BG, and find this fantastic crossmod NPC for BGT.

---------
Problem(not played yet, but it should cause crash):

In "SandrahNPC\Shauhana\ClanWorg", sevreal bam files were named "µ*.bam"

The "µ" character will cause error in non-english codepage & BG2 (like Chinese))

ERROR: error loading [SandrahNPC/Shauhana/Clanworg/μbla1.bam]

if copy them manually to override, will cause bug in installation (like Drizztsaga will report unix error 20: override\/163gbla1.bam )

Can you list which NPC(s)/Item(s) using these μ*.bam, so I can edit them with NearInfinity?

---------
by the way, Infinity Animations has the same problem(almost all files start with "µ"). If I install by switching to English codepage:
(1) in English codepage     : install ok, but game cant show Chinese
(2) back to Chinese codepage: game crash

Edited by illume, 26 July 2015 - 03:34 PM.

#499 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:56 PM

Years since last play, I am back to making my new MEGA-BG, and find this fantastic crossmod NPC for BGT.

---------
Problem(not played yet, but it should cause crash):

In "SandrahNPC\Shauhana\ClanWorg", sevreal bam files were named "µ*.bam"

The "µ" character will cause error in non-english codepage & BG2 (like Chinese))

ERROR: error loading [SandrahNPC/Shauhana/Clanworg/μbla1.bam]

if copy them manually to override, will cause bug in installation (like Drizztsaga will report unix error 20: override\/163gbla1.bam )

Can you list which NPC(s)/Item(s) using these μ*.bam, so I can edit them with NearInfinity?

They should be used by Sanclahe.cre and Sanclaho.cre.

Anyway I suggest it is not necessary for you to install them. It may be more convenient to delete or comment out this block from SandrahNPC tp2:

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~µbl.2da~ THEN BEGIN
COPY ~SandrahNPC/Shauhana/Clanworg~ ~override~
END

You can easily test by copying any of the two cre files to override and clua the creature in a game, it should work without crash.

---------
by the way, Infinity Animations has the same problem(almost all files start with "µ"). If I install by switching to English codepage:
(1) in English codepage     : install ok, but game cant show Chinese
(2) back to Chinese codepage: game crash

The Sandrah Saga

#500 illume

illume
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:05 AM

Thank you, no crash after CLUA:CreateCreature. creature look like green gnome or something, I think thats BWP auto-fixed with some exist-model (race=Troll in .cre ).