[Removed] Sandrah NPC

• Please log in to reply
1192 replies to this topic

#461 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:07 AM

found bug in RTF after initial dialogue with Solar when you are teleported to the Friendly arms Inn... characters are caught in endless teleporting cinematic( arriving...2 seconds normal game... another arriving cutscene.... )

I am not sure what you mean.

Spoiler
What makes you teleport to the Friendly Arm? Did you use Sandrah's parcel for it??? If you did then it is a bug because you should only be able to leave the first area of your new home by the door.

also before solar arrives Sandrah said He should arrive shortly (He referring to Solar or somebody else ?) There is also problem with character movement before Solar arrives (like they are interrupted by something every few seconds)

There is such a short moment of *stuttering* in the early part before the first Solar/Pelligram dialogue. I am still researching that but have not found a solution yet.

After first conversation with solar... Sandrah and Pc are teleported automatically to the FAI and there they are stuck in infinite teleporting cutscene.

Step by step.

1.You have the briefing from Pelligram and the Solar.

2.The game automatically saves.

3. And then ?? You are teleported to the FAI????????

Strange

Can you tell me what Global("SanRaiseMys","GLOBAL") is when you are at the inn?

1.) Yes

2.) Yes

3.) Yes

and global is 8

found bug in RTF after initial dialogue with Solar when you are teleported to the Friendly arms Inn... characters are caught in endless teleporting cinematic( arriving...2 seconds normal game... another arriving cutscene.... )

I am not sure what you mean.

Spoiler
What makes you teleport to the Friendly Arm? Did you use Sandrah's parcel for it??? If you did then it is a bug because you should only be able to leave the first area of your new home by the door.

also before solar arrives Sandrah said He should arrive shortly (He referring to Solar or somebody else ?) There is also problem with character movement before Solar arrives (like they are interrupted by something every few seconds)

There is such a short moment of *stuttering* in the early part before the first Solar/Pelligram dialogue. I am still researching that but have not found a solution yet.

After first conversation with solar... Sandrah and Pc are teleported automatically to the FAI and there they are stuck in infinite teleporting cutscene.

Step by step.

1.You have the briefing from Pelligram and the Solar.

2.The game automatically saves.

3. And then ?? You are teleported to the FAI????????

Strange

Can you tell me what Global("SanRaiseMys","GLOBAL") is when you are at the inn?

1.) Yes

2.) Yes

3.) Yes

and global is 8

So far I could not reproduce  your problem. Please give me some more information

1. What is GetGlobal("SanTravel","GLOBAL") telling you

2. Where are you at the FA, is it outside (south of the gate, the nornal area entry) or inside the main room, or somewhere else?

3. Did you use v1.06 for the whole playthrough or did you start with an earlier version in BG1?

1) SanTravel is 403

2) Outside -entrance to the area(road)

3) Only used 1.6

Save game just before loopstarts

Ok this is the problem 1)

It seems with all the Solar talk issues and loading re-loading, reinstalling etc a global was not reset to 0 earlier in the game. This transported you out of the introduction.

So

SetGlobal("Santravel","GLOBAL",0)

MoveToArea("CVRTF2")

You should be back in the rtf start area, where you can equip yourself, continue the introduction and when ready depart in a normal way to one of the destinations offered to you by the exit dialogue (similar to how you used to leave your Bhaal plane).

Added Fixpack HF12 for the issue.

Edited by Roxanne, 19 July 2015 - 06:21 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#462 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:42 AM

I had just completed SoA but then I had to visit Candlekeep then Easthaven and then I'm implied to go visit Ellesime but I cannot find her anywhere in Suldassenar.

Is this some kind of side story leading to ToB or its got nothing with Sandrah's mod?

Can't I just start ToB normally?

I'm kinda lost...

This is not Sandrah, this is The Darkest Day.

If you return to Suldassenar there is a guy on the entry platform that talks to you. (He is often overlooked, the forum is full of TDD questions), After that you should have a new map on the worldmap where the story continues.

A "Darkest Day" indeed. It looks like the map to end this mod(where I can talk with the person who makes me proceed with ToB) does not appear on the worldmap.

Is there a way to go directly where the stone heads from ToB are and proceed with the story?

Maybe some cheat?

Sorry for the trouble :(

EDIT:

Looks like I've found a cheat to move to the grove. Won't proceeding through that way will ruin something in the Sandrah mod or something-like the story needs something that happens before the grove but after Irenicus dies or something-?

Edited by Samriel, 19 July 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#463 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:06 AM

I had just completed SoA but then I had to visit Candlekeep then Easthaven and then I'm implied to go visit Ellesime but I cannot find her anywhere in Suldassenar.

Is this some kind of side story leading to ToB or its got nothing with Sandrah's mod?

Can't I just start ToB normally?

I'm kinda lost...

This is not Sandrah, this is The Darkest Day.

If you return to Suldassenar there is a guy on the entry platform that talks to you. (He is often overlooked, the forum is full of TDD questions), After that you should have a new map on the worldmap where the story continues.

A "Darkest Day" indeed. It looks like the map to end this mod(where I can talk with the person who makes me proceed with ToB) does not appear on the worldmap.

Is there a way to go directly where the stone heads from ToB are and proceed with the story?

Maybe some cheat?

Sorry for the trouble :(

EDIT:

Looks like I've found a cheat to move to the grove. Won't proceeding through that way will ruin something in the Sandrah mod or something-like the story needs something that happens before the grove but after Irenicus dies or something-?

The guy DDTrav03 will reveal area ARP005 where TDD continues and finally leads into ToB. (And by *grove* do you mean the talking heads area where ToB starts??)

The Sandrah Saga

#464 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:26 AM

Well, I only met a traveler in Suldanesselar that talked about a village but said village did not appear in the map(either) though according to what I found through the web said village was supposed to be around the Riatavin area.

Nevertheless I did go to Rusted Scabbard Entrance and managed to beat the Cyric possessed girl with folks congratulating me and a person named Mary Magus saying that she will let me proceed with the PC destiny once I meet her in her house which she will mark on the map...which does not appear. :(

And yeah, I used the cheat to move to the grove where the talking heads are.

Edited by Samriel, 19 July 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#465 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

Well, I only met a traveler in Suldanesselar that talked about a village but said village did not appear in the map(either) though according to what I found through the web said village was supposed to be around the Riatavin area.

Nevertheless I did go to Rusted Scabbard Entrance and managed to beat the Cyric possessed girl with folks congratulating me and a person named Mary Magus saying that she will let me proceed with the PC destiny once I meet her in her house which she will mark on the map...which does not appear. :(

The house is on the SAME MAP where you meet Mary, it is a house in the south-west of the area where you talk to her. Here you will have the true transition to the grove.

The Sandrah Saga

#466 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:35 AM

The house is on the SAME MAP where you meet Mary, it is a house in the south-west of the area where you talk to her. Here you will have the true transition to the grove.

Cheating has an impact on Sandrah but probably also on other mods in ToB.

Edited by Roxanne, 19 July 2015 - 08:35 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#467 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:44 AM

Whoops...how embarrassing :blush:

Thanks for the help :)

Edited by Samriel, 19 July 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#468 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:21 AM

Hmmmm it looks I've run into another bug or error.

Namely I'm in ToB and I returned to Waterdeep to continue Sandrah's quest and

Spoiler

However, just as I have obtained the Gold Key to open a sealed door to proceed to the lower levels and go through the stairs to said lower levels I'm kicked out of the game and my TobEx console shows a message:

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address 0x604D3D File: CProjectile.cpp Line: 1621 Expression: FALSE Message (null)

Any ideas of how to overcome this? Or maybe should I go to some kind of technical section here(maybe BWS related) though this error happens in an area that is clearly Sandrah mod related?

Edited by Samriel, 20 July 2015 - 01:22 AM.

#469 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:14 AM

Hmmmm it looks I've run into another bug or error.

Namely I'm in ToB and I returned to Waterdeep to continue Sandrah's quest and

Spoiler

However, just as I have obtained the Gold Key to open a sealed door to proceed to the lower levels and go through the stairs to said lower levels I'm kicked out of the game and my TobEx console shows a message:

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address 0x604D3D File: CProjectile.cpp Line: 1621 Expression: FALSE Message (null)

Any ideas of how to overcome this? Or maybe should I go to some kind of technical section here(maybe BWS related) though this error happens in an area that is clearly Sandrah mod related?

To confirm, the area you want to leave is CVUMO3 and it is the exit in the NE of the area??

The Sandrah Saga

#470 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:29 AM

Hmmm, what cheat do I need to check the name of the area I'm in?

I was in the area with the door sealed which requires the Gold Key, opened said door, went up the stairs and just as I have arrived there I was kicked out of the game. Like 2-3 seconds after arriving at said new area. I think I saw a few non attacking drow there before the game kicked me out.

First I did go through a sewers like area, then some kind of underground place, then used stairs in form of a serpent like thing to arrive at another level where I got the Gold Key then I returned to the previous area used the key on the locked door and entered the new area...and that is where I got the error.

It was the first time I think I saw a TobEx console showing me an error though. Normally when I have crushes I do not get messages there. And said crushes rarely repeat themselves. I tried to leave a few party members out of my team before proceeding to said area, I talked with Sandrah, I used the rest command...but I still get said console message every time as I enter the new area.

Edited by Samriel, 20 July 2015 - 02:40 AM.

#471 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:45 AM

Hmmm, what cheat do I need to check the name of the area I'm in?

I was in the area with the door sealed which requires the Gold Key, opened said door, went up the stairs and just as I have arrived there I was kicked out of the game. Like 2-3 seconds after arriving at said new area. I think I saw a few non attacking drow there before the game kicked me out.

It was the first time I think I saw a TobEx console showing me an error though. Normally when I have crushes I do not get messages there. And said crushes rarely repeat themselves. I tried to leave a few party members out of my team before proceeding to said area, I talked with Sandrah, I used the rest command...but I still get said console message every time as I enter the new area.

You get your area code by simply typing x while your cursor is on an empty point on the main screen, it tells you the x/y position and the area code

Your problem sounds like some animation problem with that area and your install.

The way to test it would be to check the new creatures in that area, if any is missing or has a wrong animation you get this CtD.

To do this (in any area without a problem) do this clua.

1.CreateCreature("CVUmelfW")

2.CreateCreature("CVUmelfM")

3.CreateCreature("CVUmelfF")

4.CreateCreature("CVUmDroF")

5.CreateCreature("CVUmdroM")

6.CreateCreature("CVDRScou")

If any of them creates a problem, we can look for a solution. Please try them all to see if it is only one or more that fail. (They appear in other areas as well, so once repaired it will be good for the remaining game.)

The Sandrah Saga

#472 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

I summoned all of them and they appear just fine. No errors or crushes.

Maybe should I talk with all of them too?

Or could it be one more creature that you missed?

#473 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:33 AM

I summoned all of them and they appear just fine. No errors or crushes.

Maybe should I talk with all of them too?

Or could it be one more creature that you missed?

There is also "CAT" and "DOG2" for completeness.

Talking will not cause such an issue, they will just have nothing to say.

It must be some other animation problem/incompability with your install.

I will look into it. (Unless someone really know the error coding of the original programmers all one can do is to eliminate problem sources one by one systematically.)

The Sandrah Saga

#474 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:44 AM

...Always ready to experiment I tried to talk to those drow/elves(not the ones summoned via the cheat command) the very second I arrived to the new area and by doing so quickly enough the crashing effect somehow did not happen. And it no longer happens afterwards. Unless I go down again and return to said area which makes the crash repeat itself.

Weird...

Though wherever I do not initiate a conversation quickly enough after arriving to said area the crashing happens again...

That said the door to the north is closed by some magical means and my Golden Key vanished after opening the previous door. There are no containers nor other doors on this floors and no drow/elf gives me anything. ???????

Edited by Samriel, 20 July 2015 - 03:45 AM.

#475 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:58 AM

...Always ready to experiment I tried to talk to those drow/elves(not the ones summoned via the cheat command) the very second I arrived to the new area and by doing so quickly enough the crashing effect somehow did not happen. And it no longer happens afterwards. Unless I go down again and return to said area which makes the crash repeat itself.

Weird...

Though wherever I do not initiate a conversation quickly enough after arriving to said area the crashing happens again...

That said the door to the north is closed by some magical means and my Golden Key vanished after opening the previous door. There are no containers nor other doors on this floors and no drow/elf gives me anything. ???????

Oh you have same problem i had. (minus the crashing)... I believe this problem with wardstone was fixed in hotfix 10 ?

#476 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:07 AM

Oh you have same problem i had. (minus the crashing)... I believe this problem with wardstone was fixed in hotfix 10 ?

You mean the elves/drow not giving me something? Hotfix 10 from the description seems to fix some dialogue right?

#477 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:10 AM

You mean the elves/drow not giving me something? Hotfix 10 from the description seems to fix some dialogue right?

Yes and it affects the wardstone as well. Check few pages back when we discussed it

#478 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:16 AM

Yes and it affects the wardstone as well. Check few pages back when we discussed it

Said wardstone that one is supposed to get on said crashing-for me- floor right?

I recall like hotfix 9 was also necessary from what I checked of your conversation.

Guess I should install both.

#479 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:18 AM

HF10 fixes this, you however have to return to Ringothal in the altar area before the Underdark entry and talk to him first. Then the person to talk to in the crashing area will appear and maybe (dialogue option) give you the wardstone.

Meanwhile I suggest to put these files into your override folder to fix the possible animation issue.

The Sandrah Saga

#480 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:19 AM

Said wardstone that one is supposed to get on said crashing-for me- floor right?

I recall like hotfix 9 was also necessary from what I checked of your conversation.

Guess I should install both.

I belive so... and if everything go wrong you can cheat it in with Shadow Keeper. I did it as well and nothing happened.