1192 replies to this topic

#421 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

No killed him.

yes

thanx and i also found some incompatibility between Sandrah and Wheel of prophecy and jerry zinger show. WoF if you go in alternate patch sandrah dialogs screws up and are replaced by some random banter from other character? and in Jerry she attacks actors when there is fight on the scene (like Irenicus and Elisime) causing the animation to hang

This question may seem odd, but did you have Tashia in your company and did you have a romance with her?

No, i have her installed but didnt talked to her or took her in my party in this playthrough.

So this is where we are

Solar says ~The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins.~

The only person in your party is Sandrah.

Now comes a dialogue check for nearly every NPC and mod in the game to insert a comment

>>>there is a mod "turnabout* that allows creatures that are not in the party to interupt the dialogue (this may be a reason if you have this mod installed) There is no check for those creatures to be in the current area (maybe they are in the ToB final area)

The next line should be

~(Solar looks at you intently, anticipating your decision.)~

But you do not see it

Is this correct??

yes i have Turnabout installed but i didnt summoned anyone in final battle. And yes after the line: The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn... dialog ends

Huh...

That is really a hard problem now, because the very transition between those two dialogue lines is something that the Sandrah mod does not touch at all. So this should be a problem then that appears also without Sandrah, unless it is really Turnabout which is a mod I have never tested (but which on first glance seems to be incopatible with Sandrah in the current version).

OK

The only possible thing to do is to inspect all the 121 triggers in the transition that has failed.

Unless you have a mod installed that I have not AND it adds to this transition AND it has a problem...

What I will do is to post you a quick fix, customised for this problem so you can go on.

Extract the rar to the game folder and run the exe.

At the point where the dialogue breaks, SetGlobal("SanGoTOBRTF","GLOBAL",1) and talk again to the Solar.  Hope it works, The real analysis will take a bit of time, I am afraid. Note that this fix will only help for this very special condition and is not a global fix (for a problem I yet do not know).

attachicon.gifMiker17SolFix.rar

PPS Is Balthazar in that final area and was he at the final battle?

No killed him. (Also i romanced Tyris but she was perma death by Demogorgan and i didnt bothered to reload the game.But that was even before i killed Yaga-Shura)

I think I found the issue now >> Nephele has a dialogue interrupting the solar regardless of whether she is there or not or whether you ever had her in the party (So, if you have her installed just SetGlobal("LK#Nephele_FinSol","GLOBAL",1) and see if that solves your problem.)

Thanx i try it.

I made a report to Nephele author http://www.shsforums...-solar-problem/

d

Worked for me with that patch and nephele global. But after transition my PC crashed and my BGT got corrupted so i have to reinstall it all over again T_T. Oh and before i forget in TOB when you are doing Qilandrha quest in Waterdeep.

That named priest(forgot the name) in altar area before Sandrah mother grave(undermountain entrance) constantly initiates dialoge but only got one line. "Hello sandrah and charname there is nothing you can do for the temple for now"(or something like that).....dialog ends as you click continue. ( i guess he tells you something or give you Qilandrha temple wardstone ? because i coudnt find it in Undermountain so i had to cheat it in.)

No, that will be done later by a priestess in Undermountain who does some test with you to check your intention and if positive gives you said wardstone. (probably that did not happen as you had the stone already). Still Ringothal in the altar area has some dialogue for that case as well, it is nothing dramatic and I already found the problem (Missing condition: !Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",2) for misfired dialogue. Thank you for the hint.

Thanky to your input I also found a solved the problem with hostile Qilandrha in the final scene.

Those two changes go into the next version of the mod.

Edited by Roxanne, 16 July 2015 - 11:12 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#422 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:23 PM

No killed him.

yes

thanx and i also found some incompatibility between Sandrah and Wheel of prophecy and jerry zinger show. WoF if you go in alternate patch sandrah dialogs screws up and are replaced by some random banter from other character? and in Jerry she attacks actors when there is fight on the scene (like Irenicus and Elisime) causing the animation to hang

This question may seem odd, but did you have Tashia in your company and did you have a romance with her?

No, i have her installed but didnt talked to her or took her in my party in this playthrough.

So this is where we are

Solar says ~The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins.~

Now comes a dialogue check for nearly every NPC and mod in the game to insert a comment

>>>there is a mod "turnabout* that allows creatures that are not in the party to interupt the dialogue (this may be a reason if you have this mod installed) There is no check for those creatures to be in the current area (maybe they are in the ToB final area)

The next line should be

But you do not see it

Is this correct??

yes i have Turnabout installed but i didnt summoned anyone in final battle. And yes after the line: The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn... dialog ends

Huh...

That is really a hard problem now, because the very transition between those two dialogue lines is something that the Sandrah mod does not touch at all. So this should be a problem then that appears also without Sandrah, unless it is really Turnabout which is a mod I have never tested (but which on first glance seems to be incopatible with Sandrah in the current version).

OK

The only possible thing to do is to inspect all the 121 triggers in the transition that has failed.

Unless you have a mod installed that I have not AND it adds to this transition AND it has a problem...

What I will do is to post you a quick fix, customised for this problem so you can go on.

At the point where the dialogue breaks, SetGlobal("SanGoTOBRTF","GLOBAL",1) and talk again to the Solar.  Hope it works, The real analysis will take a bit of time, I am afraid. Note that this fix will only help for this very special condition and is not a global fix (for a problem I yet do not know).

No killed him. (Also i romanced Tyris but she was perma death by Demogorgan and i didnt bothered to reload the game.But that was even before i killed Yaga-Shura)

I think I found the issue now >> Nephele has a dialogue interrupting the solar regardless of whether she is there or not or whether you ever had her in the party (So, if you have her installed just SetGlobal("LK#Nephele_FinSol","GLOBAL",1) and see if that solves your problem.)

Thanx i try it.

d

Worked for me with that patch and nephele global. But after transition my PC crashed and my BGT got corrupted so i have to reinstall it all over again T_T. Oh and before i forget in TOB when you are doing Qilandrha quest in Waterdeep.

That named priest(forgot the name) in altar area before Sandrah mother grave(undermountain entrance) constantly initiates dialoge but only got one line. "Hello sandrah and charname there is nothing you can do for the temple for now"(or something like that).....dialog ends as you click continue. ( i guess he tells you something or give you Qilandrha temple wardstone ? because i coudnt find it in Undermountain so i had to cheat it in.)

No, that will be done later by a priestess in Undermountain who does some test with you to check your intention and if positive gives you said wardstone. (probably that did not happen as you had the stone already). Still Ringothal in the altar area has some dialogue for that case as well, it is nothing dramatic and I already found the problem (Missing condition: !Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",2) for misfired dialogue. Thank you for the hint.

Thanky to your input I also found a solved the problem with hostile Qilandrha in the final scene.

i ran through entire undermountain areas and didnt find that priestess you talk about before i cheated in the stone.(is she in temple entrance area? i talked to everybody there and nobody gave me wardstone)

Edited by miker17, 16 July 2015 - 11:25 PM.

#423 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:40 PM

No killed him.

yes

So this is where we are

The next line should be

But you do not see it

Is this correct??

Huh...

OK

Thanx i try it.

d

i ran through entire undermountain areas and didnt find that priestess you talk about before i cheated in the stone.(is she in temple entrance area? i talked to everybody there and nobody gave me wardstone)

Yes, checked that, the two problems are connected, Ringothal's dialogue (that did not happen) is the trigger for Ranthona to meet you prior to the Undermountain quarters to test you and give you the wardstone. Correcting the first thus also corrects the second.

The Sandrah Saga

#424 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

Thanks to miker17 (see post #423) two problems in the ToB part of the mod were identified.

I have added the respective hotfix options on the fixes page

http://www.shsforums...c-rtf-hotfixes/

They are number HF09 + HF10

Edited by Roxanne, 17 July 2015 - 12:03 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#425 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:59 AM

Not sure if this has been reported before but the BWPFixpack still has a patch for SandrahNPC that is still valid for v106b:

--- SandrahNPC\mve\CVMovie.bat    Mon Apr 06 18:15:35 2015
+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\SandrahNPC\mve\CVMovie.bat    Sun Jun 14 06:52:20 2015
@@ -9,7 +9,7 @@
 copy SandrahNPC\mve\CVJonde.mve CVMovie
 copy SandrahNPC\mve\ToThay.mve CVMovie
 copy SandrahNPC\mve\RTFinit.mve CVMovie
-copy SandrahNPC-setup.exe CVMovie.exe
+copy setup-SandrahNPC.exe CVMovie.exe
 CVMovie --make-biff CVMovie
 del CVMovie.exe
 rmdir CVMovie /S /Q

:cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#426 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

Not sure if this has been reported before but the BWPFixpack still has a patch for SandrahNPC that is still valid for v106b:

--- SandrahNPC\mve\CVMovie.bat    Mon Apr 06 18:15:35 2015
+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\SandrahNPC\mve\CVMovie.bat    Sun Jun 14 06:52:20 2015
@@ -9,7 +9,7 @@
 copy SandrahNPC\mve\CVJonde.mve CVMovie
 copy SandrahNPC\mve\ToThay.mve CVMovie
 copy SandrahNPC\mve\RTFinit.mve CVMovie
-copy SandrahNPC-setup.exe CVMovie.exe
+copy setup-SandrahNPC.exe CVMovie.exe
 CVMovie --make-biff CVMovie
 del CVMovie.exe
 rmdir CVMovie /S /Q

:cheers:

I do not know who did this patch or why - I attach the original bat from the mod for you to compare

Spoiler

In fact, the whole mod was integrated into BWP without my involvement, after all v1.06 is still a beta version for testing. I made some comments afterwards about incompatibility and positioning in the install sequence but otherwise have no idea about what BWP does with the mod(s).

PS - I just recognise that you somehow have taken responsibility for the BWP fixpack recently. Maybe it is of interest for you that I have published a number of fixes for the Sandrah mod already here http://www.shsforums...c-rtf-hotfixes/

Edited by Roxanne, 17 July 2015 - 10:30 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#427 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:03 AM

Ah I think the problem stems from your setup file being called "SandrahNPC-setup.exe" - the BWP expects every mod's setup to be of the format "setup-XXX.exe" so it renames it before installation. Hence the patch :cheers:

I guess there's nothing for you to do here :P (other than maybe consider renaming the setup to the setup-XXX.exe format in a future release :))

Re: Hotfixes

Yes I've been following that thread but cannot include them in the BWPFixpack because of them being setup files :( (which depend on their inclusion into the BWPInstallpack to actually get it installed into the game :P)

So unless Leonardo gives me a memo saying he needs these hotfixes included in the fixpack under this folder structure, adding them into the BWPFixpack is pointless.

But if you could provide fixed files for the original packages (only the files that changed) it would be easy to include them (as patches for textual files and overwrites for binary files) into the BWPFixpack :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#428 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:26 AM

Ah I think the problem stems from your setup file being called "SandrahNPC-setup.exe" - the BWP expects every mod's setup to be of the format "setup-XXX.exe" so it renames it before installation. Hence the patch :cheers:

Understood

I guess there's nothing for you to do here :P (other than maybe consider renaming the setup to the setup-XXX.exe format in a future release :))

This was a relict from the development phase (so my setups would always be in the game folder prior to all others and I needed not search them), I have decided to keep them that way for the beta test phase, as a way to say this is not an "official" release yet.

Re: Hotfixes

Yes I've been following that thread but cannot include them in the BWPFixpack because of them being setup files :( (which depend on their inclusion into the BWPInstallpack to actually get it installed into the game :P)

So unless Leonardo gives me a memo saying he needs these hotfixes included in the fixpack under this folder structure, adding them into the BWPFixpack is pointless.

But if you could provide fixed files for the original packages (only the files that changed) it would be easy to include them (as patches for textual files and overwrites for binary files) into the BWPFixpack :cheers:

I think in the current phase of the mod that may be too cumbersome for all of us. The fixes will all be incorporated into v1.07 at which time they could be eliminated from the fixpack again etc. It will be very hard to synchronise that and the new release will definitely come out within the next six weeks. The fixes in the new version will be slightly different from the hotfixes due to their integration in the full fileset, while the hotfixes were designed for stand alone implementation.

I propose to keep the status quo as long as a BWP user does not encounter installation failures when including the mod.

The Sandrah Saga

#429 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

More bugs.

Namely an unkillable Xephistagoras...and even when I try to resort to cheats to take him down there is no scroll left to escape from there despite looking everywhere.

#430 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:57 PM

More bugs.

Namely an unkillable Xephistagoras...and even when I try to resort to cheats to take him down there is no scroll left to escape from there despite looking everywhere.

Never had any problems with him( also you may check problem i had with Monica, could be a same one, few pages back). And if i remember correctly you need to take Mystra bust( or statue or symbol) and return to previous room and there  is teleport.

Edited by miker17, 17 July 2015 - 01:02 PM.

#431 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

More bugs.

I understand you are back at the Academy. At the place where he holds Mystra?

He is not unkillable and you need no scroll to escape???

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 17 July 2015 - 01:05 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#432 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

^ Indeed that is the place but...

Spoiler

Edited by Samriel, 17 July 2015 - 02:06 PM.

#433 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

Any cheats of how to get the symbol? Because I cannot get it no matter what I do.

As for the platform I entered the room by using the stairs before which teleported me to a room and then teleported me again to another room where the fight took place.

Edited by Samriel, 17 July 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#434 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

Any cheats of how to get the symbol? Because I cannot get it no matter what I do.

As for the platform I entered the room by using the stairs before which teleported me to a room and then teleported me again to another room where the fight took place.

just use shadow keeper and give your self mystra bust

#435 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:57 PM

Hmmm, there is no "Mystra's bust" among the items that Shadowkeeper can give but there is Mystra's artifact.

Is that it?

That said in your playthrough was said Mystra's bust the Mystra that was in the room and couldn't be talked with? There was nothing else resembling any statue in that room.

Also is there a way to return to the previous room from the place where I fought Xelphy? I was just teleported into said room.

Edited by Samriel, 17 July 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#436 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

Hmmm, there is no "Mystra's bust" among the items that Shadowkeeper can give but there is Mystra's artifact.

Is that it?

That said in your playthrough was said Mystra's bust the Mystra that was in the room and couldn't be talked with? There was nothing else resembling any statue in that room.

Also is there a way to return to the previous room from the place where I fought Xelphy? I was just teleported into said room.

Spoiler

If the item is not there, this may be an issue with some other mod (unique artifacts??) that tweaks it away at random. This is an issue I need to investigate and maybe replace it with some specific plot item in the next version.

If nothing helps and you have had your Mystra talk then clua CreateItem("CMMIsc03")

Edited by Roxanne, 17 July 2015 - 11:04 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#437 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:28 PM

The container that is just below Mystra herself right? Strangely it was empty.

I did not install any mod though that gives items specifically. I tried to play it safe by only adding the required quest mods and some compatible NPC mods. Could it be that I'm actually lacking something-some kind of fix/tweak- again? Hmmm...

Maybe I should check  better the room before the one that teleports my group and I can find said Bust there.

As for the cheat the console says "ERROR FILE CMMIsc03 does not exist". Bummer. Maybe there was an error while installing the mod and said item specifically was "lost".?

Edited by Samriel, 17 July 2015 - 11:37 PM.

#438 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:35 PM

The container that is just below Mystra herself right? Strangely it was empty.

I did not install any mod though that gives items specifically. I tried to play it safe by only adding the required quest mods and some compatible NPC mods. Could it be that I'm actually lacking something-some kind of fix/tweak- again? Hmmm...

Maybe I should check  better the room before the one that teleports my group and I can find said Bust there.

Thanks for the cheat, hopefully it will work.

It would be interesting to know if you have any of those mods installed that tweak items and creatures (such as item randomizer or unique artifacts or some others). I have already found some issues with missing or misplaced items myself and I am currently developping the respective fixes for the next version to protect against it.

The Sandrah Saga

#439 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:39 PM

Actually by using the console I've run into: "ERROR FILE CMMIsc03 does not exist".

Maybe said item was corrupted or something during the mod installation?

If there was some error during the installation but it did not prevent the mod from installing successfully more or less...

Edited by Samriel, 17 July 2015 - 11:41 PM.

#440 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:45 PM

Actually by using the console I've run into: "ERROR FILE CMMIsc03 does not exist".

Maybe said item was corrupted or something during the mod installation?

If there was some error during the installation but it did not prevent the mod from installing successfully more or less...

Put these two files into your override folder and try again (you must use the clue cheat as they will not appear in areas you have already visited, unless you want to play the whole quest again)

I will put a permanent fix into the next version.

Edited by Roxanne, 17 July 2015 - 11:45 PM.

The Sandrah Saga