• Please log in to reply
1192 replies to this topic

#401 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:52 PM

Long ago I laid this option aside.

By the time a PC reaches a status where he becomes a significant player in the Realms (i.e. after preventing Irenicus destruction of the tree of life), the same has become true for Sandrah. This would result in the fact that she will not be alone against the PC (even some other NPCs would rather ally with her than with the misled PC). So it would be Sandrah and her allies (including probably Drizzt, Elminster, The Temple of Waterdeep etc) versus PC and those still with him.

Probably a nice battle but in no way compliant with the game anymore.

I meant if something like that were to happen in BG1 or in the first half of SoA. By then neither the PC nor Sandrah are THAT big mofos yet and Elminster does not seem to babysit Sandrah...

Granted that would mess up RtF if a fight erupted and one of them kicked the bucket so early...

But really, there are so many evil folks for the PC to ally with like the Shades, Red Wizards, Larloch, the churches of Shar/Talos/Cyric/Bane, Manshoon or the drow. There are plenty of evil guys to choose as allies that would gladly assist the PC if they were promised a good enough reward -and those who hold grudges against good guys like Elminster or Drizzt- come in great numbers. There is always some balance between good and evil...though in the 4th edition evil seemed to be "winning" but it seems to be changing with the 5th edition coming now.

Though it would be interesting if by the end of RtF depending on the player's actions he/she had a different final villain/"villain"(??) to fight.

I like different endings/outcomes.

The different endings are there - if you like all of them is another issue. Like in any other mod, the PC decides in the end and that always includes the possibility not to finish the respective mod. There are endings/outcomes that lead to a dead end (from the mod's perspective).

I still think that Neverwinter Nights 2 MoB got one of the best evil endings EVER. Epic^^

Of course this is quite different if you go for designing a complete game, which is not the case here, where a mod is integrated into an existing plot.

I could well imagine an evil PC ending up as one of the Five and finally facing Balthasar and Sandrah at the Throne of Bhaal, but we are not redesigning the whole game - none of the other mods provided for BGT would be compliant with that.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 July 2015 - 09:53 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#402 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:41 PM

True, one might not like every single ending-though who knows?^^- but the very fact that the player's action actually affect stuff to the point of offering different outcomes to the adventure are something really neat IMO.

Its really cool when all those small and/or big decisions have an impact on the plot and are not just illusory.

And most of all such stuff offers so much replayability as it encourages the player to go through the game in a different way than before.

I think that the possibility of Multiple endings within a game is really something awesome ^^

Granted it is only in RtF which is a whole new adventure that happens after the games actual plot when most restrictions from the original game are gone and it is easier to "go wild" as to speak :)

#403 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

Stuck at throne of bhaal. When im choosing between goodhood and mortality. I go teleported to mystra and sandrah makes her choice and then when i make mine dialog ends and noting happens.

#404 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

Stuck at throne of bhaal. When im choosing between goodhood and mortality. I go teleported to mystra and sandrah makes her choice and then when i make mine dialog ends and noting happens.

Who is in your party at that time?

Did the dialogue run all the way, so you could select your answer?

There is a specific condition with Irenicus where the dialogue breaks off and you have to initiate it again with the solar (some lines may be repeated but you will get to the end the second time around)

Edited by Roxanne, 16 July 2015 - 10:44 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#405 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:49 AM

There is a specific condition with Irenicus where the dialogue breaks off and you have to initiate it again with the solar (some lines may be repeated but you will get to the end the second time around)

Dialog end at Solar saying : Choice is Difficult and theese are you two options god child.... (only have sandrah in party) 

Edit: oh and Qilandrha kills Pc repeatedly

Edited by miker17, 16 July 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#406 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

Dialog end at Solar saying : Choice is Difficult and theese are you two options god child.... (only have sandrah in party) 

Edit: oh and Qilandrha kills Pc repeatedly

Hm.

Which version of Sandrah do you have installed?

Did you make your choice and which one was it?

The Sandrah Saga

#407 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

last one 1.6 beta. and for choices 1.State your question solar 2.shove your wisdom (+all others in repeated tries ) 3. and other choice ? ....and then dialog end at Choice is Difficult line.

oh and if i talk to left most solar i can make choice between mortality and godhood and dialog ends at line after that... no matter the choice

Edited by miker17, 16 July 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#408 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:09 AM

last one 1.6 beta. and for choices 1.State your question solar 2.shove your wisdom (+all others in repeated tries ) 3. and other choice ? ....and then dialog end at Choice is Difficult line.

oh and if i talk to left most solar i can make choice between mortality and godhood and dialog ends at line after that... no matter the choice

I will look into the Solar's dialogue for this. Even though the location has been changed for the Sandrah finale, the dialogue is the original Solar dialogue. I assume there is a condition here for which no answer is defined. This may take a few minutes to investigate.

The Sandrah Saga

#409 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:16 AM

thanx and i also found some incompatibility between Sandrah and Wheel of prophecy and jerry zinger show. WoF if you go in alternate patch sandrah dialogs screws up and are replaced by some random banter from other character? and in Jerry she attacks actors when there is fight on the scene (like Irenicus and Elisime) causing the animation to hang

#410 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

A question:

Spoiler

#411 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:34 AM

thanx and i also found some incompatibility between Sandrah and Wheel of prophecy and jerry zinger show. WoF if you go in alternate patch sandrah dialogs screws up and are replaced by some random banter from other character? and in Jerry she attacks actors when there is fight on the scene (like Irenicus and Elisime) causing the animation to hang

This question may seem odd, but did you have Tashia in your company and did you have a romance with her?

The Sandrah Saga

#412 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

This question may seem odd, but did you have Tashia in your company and did you have a romance with her?

No, i have her installed but didnt talked to her or took her in my party in this playthrough.

Edited by miker17, 16 July 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#413 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:06 PM

No, i have her installed but didnt talked to her or took her in my party in this playthrough.

So this is where we are

Solar says ~The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins.~

The only person in your party is Sandrah.

Now comes a dialogue check for nearly every NPC and mod in the game to insert a comment

>>>there is a mod "turnabout* that allows creatures that are not in the party to interupt the dialogue (this may be a reason if you have this mod installed) There is no check for those creatures to be in the current area (maybe they are in the ToB final area)

The next line should be

~(Solar looks at you intently, anticipating your decision.)~

But you do not see it

Is this correct??

The Sandrah Saga

#414 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

yes

So this is where we are

Solar says ~The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins.~

Now comes a dialogue check for nearly every NPC and mod in the game to insert a comment

>>>there is a mod "turnabout* that allows creatures that are not in the party to interupt the dialogue (this may be a reason if you have this mod installed) There is no check for those creatures to be in the current area (maybe they are in the ToB final area)

The next line should be

But you do not see it

Is this correct??

yes i have Turnabout installed but i didnt summoned anyone in final battle. And yes after the line: The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn... dialog ends

#415 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:55 PM

yes

So this is where we are

The next line should be

But you do not see it

Is this correct??

yes i have Turnabout installed but i didnt summoned anyone in final battle. And yes after the line: The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn... dialog ends

Huh...

That is really a hard problem now, because the very transition between those two dialogue lines is something that the Sandrah mod does not touch at all. So this should be a problem then that appears also without Sandrah, unless it is really Turnabout which is a mod I have never tested (but which on first glance seems to be incopatible with Sandrah in the current version).

OK

The only possible thing to do is to inspect all the 121 triggers in the transition that has failed.

Unless you have a mod installed that I have not AND it adds to this transition AND it has a problem...

What I will do is to post you a quick fix, customised for this problem so you can go on.

Extract the rar to the game folder and run the exe.

At the point where the dialogue breaks, SetGlobal("SanGoTOBRTF","GLOBAL",1) and talk again to the Solar.  Hope it works, The real analysis will take a bit of time, I am afraid. Note that this fix will only help for this very special condition and is not a global fix (for a problem I yet do not know).

PPS Is Balthazar in that final area and was he at the final battle?

Edited by Roxanne, 16 July 2015 - 01:39 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#416 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

No killed him.

yes

So this is where we are

The next line should be

But you do not see it

Is this correct??

Huh...

That is really a hard problem now, because the very transition between those two dialogue lines is something that the Sandrah mod does not touch at all. So this should be a problem then that appears also without Sandrah, unless it is really Turnabout which is a mod I have never tested (but which on first glance seems to be incopatible with Sandrah in the current version).

OK

The only possible thing to do is to inspect all the 121 triggers in the transition that has failed.

Unless you have a mod installed that I have not AND it adds to this transition AND it has a problem...

What I will do is to post you a quick fix, customised for this problem so you can go on.

At the point where the dialogue breaks, SetGlobal("SanGoTOBRTF","GLOBAL",1) and talk again to the Solar.  Hope it works, The real analysis will take a bit of time, I am afraid. Note that this fix will only help for this very special condition and is not a global fix (for a problem I yet do not know).

attachicon.gifMiker17SolFix.rar

No killed him. (Also i romanced Tyris but she was perma death by Demogorgan and i didnt bothered to reload the game.But that was even before i killed Yaga-Shura)

Edited by miker17, 16 July 2015 - 01:58 PM.

#417 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

No killed him.

yes

So this is where we are

The next line should be

But you do not see it

Is this correct??

Huh...

OK

No killed him. (Also i romanced Tyris but she was perma death by Demogorgan and i didnt bothered to reload the game.But that was even before i killed Yaga-Shura)

I think I found the issue now >> Nephele has a dialogue interrupting the solar regardless of whether she is there or not or whether you ever had her in the party (So, if you have her installed just SetGlobal("LK#Nephele_FinSol","GLOBAL",1) and see if that solves your problem.)

The Sandrah Saga

#418 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:04 PM

No killed him.

yes

So this is where we are

The next line should be

But you do not see it

Is this correct??

Huh...

OK

I think I found the issue now >> Nephele has a dialogue interrupting the solar regardless of whether she is there or not or whether you ever had her in the party (So, if you have her installed just SetGlobal("LK#Nephele_FinSol","GLOBAL",1) and see if that solves your problem.)

Thanx i try it.

#419 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:10 PM

No killed him.

yes

So this is where we are

The next line should be

But you do not see it

Is this correct??

Huh...

OK

Thanx i try it.

I made a report to Nephele author http://www.shsforums...-solar-problem/

The Sandrah Saga

#420 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:37 PM

No killed him.

yes

So this is where we are

The next line should be

But you do not see it

Is this correct??

Huh...

OK

Thanx i try it.

I made a report to Nephele author http://www.shsforums...-solar-problem/

d

Worked for me with that patch and nephele global. But after transition my PC crashed and my BGT got corrupted so i have to reinstall it all over again T_T. Oh and before i forget in TOB when you are doing Qilandrha quest in Waterdeep. That named priest(forgot the name) in altar area before Sandrah mother grave(undermountain entrance) constantly initiates dialoge but only got one line. "Hello sandrah and charname there is nothing you can do for the temple for now"(or something like that).....dialog ends as you click continue. ( i guess he tells you something or give you Qilandrha temple wardstone ? because i coudnt find it in Undermountain so i had to cheat it in.)

Edited by miker17, 16 July 2015 - 10:46 PM.