Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:30 AM

Spoiler

#342 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

Spoiler

You should find everything if you play the main quest of SoA + the TDD extension to get into ToB. Anyway, some hints (you move at quite some pace through the game, so you may miss stuff).

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#343 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:03 AM

Spoiler

You should find everything if you play the main quest of SoA + the TDD extension to get into ToB. Anyway, some hints (you move at quite some pace through the game, so you may miss stuff).

Spoiler

Mabe some other helpful hints

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#344 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:04 AM

Any suggestions on which characters are a must in BG2? Or at least heavily recommended?

I cannot imagine leaving Sandrah's besta friend out of my party and I cannot leave my own PC nor Sandrah so I kinda wondered which options for the remaining 3 would be best.

#345 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:02 AM

Any suggestions on which characters are a must in BG2? Or at least heavily recommended?

I cannot imagine leaving Sandrah's besta friend out of my party and I cannot leave my own PC nor Sandrah so I kinda wondered which options for the remaining 3 would be best.

The only ones that are a must (if only for a limited period) are mentioned above. Other than that there are some that have more content with Sandrah than others. This is a bit reflecting my personal taste for the SoA NPCs, Generally I prefer some of the mod NPCs to most Bioware originals during this part of the game.
For the early part of Amn Haer'dalis might be interesting, he has a longer quest with Sandrah - once that is done you may kick him out unless you like him for other purpose.
For the Underdark sequence Xulaye (Phaere's sister - if you have her installed) and Sandrah provide some interesting additions to a well known part of the game.
If Viconia is with you, there is a special quest for her while in Athkathla.
Chloe and Yasraena have a lot of interactions with Sandrah and are candidates for keeping - but they have no romance with a male PC...
Kido may be interesting for the Cyric/Mystra conflict that is implied.
There is another larger quest that works with any of the paladins (Keldorn, Anomen...) I sometimes take one of them into the party for those periods where my beloved NPC has been kidnapped or such (there are quite a few that disappear for a time and await their rescue, there is rarely one that sets a timer to make the quest urgent).
You may want to check out this http://www.shsforums...-crossmod-list/ again, or just make a choice according to your taste.

Usually my SoA party is quite dynamic while I progress (Imoen is gone until Spellhold, I need Shauhana for her quest and Minsc for a short period. NPCs like Sime or Fade come late, so I can do some others for the first period in Amn. I can leave Yasraena when she finished her quest in the Underdark and pick up Xulaye and maybe even Solaufein). A number of NPCs have little content once I come out of the Underdark, so I can recruit some new ones still as with TDD and Sandrah and some other mods installed I have still a long way to go until the tree of life (Just make sure to take a look at some BCS or readme stuff to know those NPCs that you need to have before the Underdark to start their quest/romance/friendship).

Edited by Roxanne, 12 July 2015 - 08:24 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#346 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:12 AM

*Sight* I had to kick out Minsc when in Irenicus dungeon to make place for Drizzt, Wulfgar, Chloe and Yasraena. And there seems to be a bug where the game freezes if I got to the surface with a party of 6-5 so I can only have 4 party members when I escape Irenicus dungeon.

Now he does not appear in Copper Coronet. :(

I wonder if that is how Bioware intended or he died under the rubble even though he said he would go to an inn or a tavern.

Guess I need to go back to the save before I kicked him out....

Or maybe is there some cheat to make Minsc reappear?

Edited by Samriel, 13 July 2015 - 02:23 AM.

#347 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:50 AM

*Sight* I had to kick out Minsc when in Irenicus dungeon to make place for Drizzt, Wulfgar, Chloe and Yasraena. And there seems to be a bug where the game freezes if I got to the surface with a party of 6-5 so I can only have 4 party members when I escape Irenicus dungeon.

Now he does not appear in Copper Coronet. :(

I wonder if that is how Bioware intended or he died under the rubble even though he said he would go to an inn or a tavern.

Guess I need to go back to the save before I kicked him out....

Or maybe is there some cheat to make Minsc reappear?

None of this is related to the Sandrah mod, I would say.

I wonder why you took Drizzt and Wulfgar (Unless you skipped the Drizzt Saga in BG1 you could play RoT without them).

Why Minsc is not in the CC may be related to some other mod which places its NPCs there, it is definitely not Sandrah. Anyway, you could just CluaConsole him CreateCreature("Minsc8") when you are in the CC.

Edited by Roxanne, 13 July 2015 - 02:51 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#348 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:11 AM

I think it just happens by dismissing him in Irenicus dungeon as he waits in the inn if I dismiss him in any other place. A tragic end it would seem...

And yeah, I did not play Drizzt Saga as it forced me to kick out 3 other party members to whom I kinda grew attached. :(

Thanks for the cheat, I might still be able to complete Shauhana's quest. :)

Speaking of bugs...the only one Sandrah focused that I noticed was when I used Sandrah's ability to "Return from Waterdeep" and...nothing happened. Then I was unable to access BG2 areas and it was quite bad. HOWEVER, after I reloaded a few saves before visiting Waterdeep I used her ability to go there and then her ability to return from there and everything worked fine.

I wonder if the bug was due to her automatically initiating the travel to Waterdeep as she was told to come there as soon as possible. When I activated it through her there were no problems.

Really weird one time bug it would seem....

Edited by Samriel, 13 July 2015 - 03:22 AM.

#349 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:50 AM

I think it just happens by dismissing him in Irenicus dungeon as he waits in the inn if I dismiss him in any other place. A tragic end it would seem...

And yeah, I did not play Drizzt Saga as it forced me to kick out 3 other party members to whom I kinda grew attached. :(

Spoiler

Speaking of bugs...the only one Sandrah focused that I noticed was when I used Sandrah's ability to "Return from Waterdeep" and...nothing happened. Then I was unable to access BG2 areas and it was quite bad. HOWEVER, after I reloaded a few saves before visiting Waterdeep I used her ability to go there and then her ability to return from there and everything worked fine.

Well, this is a problem that is inherit as well in the planar sphere spell and others. It happens when you encounter some other scene (cutscene, Irenicus dream or similar) between the time to use the spell GoTo and ReturnFrom. The only possible solution I can technically see for this issue is to always return to some default location instead of to where you started from.

I wonder if the bug was due to her automatically initiating the travel to Waterdeep as she was told to come there as soon as possible. When I activated it through her there were no problems.

The reason is that the function *Store/Re-store party locations* is used here. Since that function is used as well by e.g Imoen's dreams or Irenicus dreams and the game does not store more than one location, you may get this effect.

If that issue is reported often, I would probably be able to provide a PID option that takes the party back to a fixed place in Amn in case the spell fails, maybe the city gates?

NB I understand that Sandrah had not yet gained the additional capability for Elminster's parcel that would help out of such a case??

Yes, I will put that PID backdoor option on the list for the next release, even if you may only have use for it only for very rare occasions during chapter 2 + 3 of SoA.

If you ever find the problem again, use this cheat until I provide a fix

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 13 July 2015 - 08:35 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#350 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

Hmmm, some more "I don't know what to do" questions. :blush:

Spoiler

2. I read in the Sandrah NPC readme that I need to fulfill at least one Mystra related quest but I dunno how can I trigger the Planar mod quest or the Tales of the Anegh and there are no guides for those indicating where can I trigger them. So I though that maybe I will try my luck with Grey Clan mod. I wonder however how far do I need to go through the mod to actually fulfill the conditions to advance Sandrah's quest.

In BG1

Spoiler
Since I recall something about you making part 2 and 3 for this mod I though you might give me a hint there^^

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Samriel, 13 July 2015 - 09:49 AM.

#351 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

Hmmm, some more "I don't know what to do" questions. :blush:

Spoiler

Let me see if I get it right

Spoiler

What is the value of Global("Sansharkta","GLOBAL") ?

2. I read in the Sandrah NPC readme that I need to fulfill at least one Mystra related quest but I dunno how can I trigger the Planar mod quest or the Tales of the Anegh and there are no guides for those indicating where can I trigger them. So I though that maybe I will try my luck with Grey Clan mod. I wonder however how far do I need to go through the mod to actually fulfill the conditions to advance Sandrah's quest.

The triggers for the planar sphere and tales of anegh are not altered by Sandrah. If my memory is correct, planar sphere starts  about five days after you finished the original planar sphere quest and are rewarded with the sphere given to you as stronghold.

Tales of Anegh is started by a wizard at the southern gate of the Promenade and I think it is after Underdark.

Grey Clan 3 is supposed to be something like last chance if you did not do any of the others before and comes very late in SoA.

In BG1
Spoiler
Since I recall something about you making part 2 and 3 for this mod I though you might give me a hint there^^

Thanks in advance :)

As usual, good old Landrel will seek your help - this triggers very late in SoA, after Underdark and Bodhi.

Generally for Sandrah in SoA:

Except for Shauhana, which is up to you when to perform the quest, most of Sandrah's quests in SoA are timed after Underdark. There are several reasons for that

a. you will need to learn more about her and her background before the story can proceed, which is done mostly by the conversations you have in part one of SoA. The experience she makes at your side while you travel Amn are different from the relatively harmless encounters in BG1. This has an impact on developping her personality. She is not the only one to loose the rest of her youthful innocence among the slavers, vampires, corrupt officials etc that fill Amn (The civilised monsters are often worse than the dragons)

b. there is already a lot of quest stuff to be done before you go to Brynlaw but a relatively linear story from the exit of Underdark to Suldanalessar. This leaves much better place for her quests, especially since some of the earlier quests (e.g. strongholds) have some periodic subquests that interupt the flow.

c. the party is experienced enough for the quests

Edited by Roxanne, 13 July 2015 - 10:37 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#352 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:40 AM

You mean click on Shauhana and use the CLUAConsole:Global("Sansharkta","GLOBAL") cheat?

Its been a while since I used the global commands last time so I don't remember well how they work.

Still, I did so and the game states that "SANSHARKTA GLOBAL does not exist".

Spoiler

Edited by Samriel, 13 July 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#353 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

You mean click on Shauhana and use the CLUAConsole:Global("Sansharkta","GLOBAL") cheat?

It is CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Sansharkta","GLOBAL") without clicking on any person (selecting a person reads the LOCALS). And it is not a cheat, it is collecting information in a fast way.

If that still gives you the *does not exists*, then something went wrong.

Spoiler

Its been a while since I used the global commands last time so I don't remember well how they work.

Still, I did so and the game states that "SANSHARKTA GLOBAL does not exist".

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#354 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:50 AM

Spoiler

Btw I noticed how Sandrah's random talks with Drizzt are often cut short after they just begin. Maybe it is related more to BWS not installing it all perfectly than a bug though....

Ah...and one thing. Can Sandrah refuse to accompany me in RtF if she got a romance with another party member which is more advanced than her relationship with my PC?

Edited by Samriel, 13 July 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#355 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

Spoiler

Btw I noticed how Sandrah's random talks with Drizzt are often cut short after they just begin. Maybe it is related more to BWS not installing it all perfectly than a bug though....

Spoiler

Depending on where you are now, there may be a possibility to restore the situation. If I knew where the chain has the weak link I could improve it for the next version.

The Sandrah Saga

#356 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:22 PM

Are those talks location triggered or time triggered? While reloading and waiting she mostly talks with Minsc.

I think I did not initiate any talks before till I rescued her...

Hmmm...

Spoiler

If I initiated some talks AFTER getting first a couple of talks initiated by her could it mess up the whole process?

Edited by Samriel, 13 July 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#357 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:51 PM

Are those talks location triggered or time triggered? While reloading and waiting she mostly talks with Minsc.

I think I did not initiate any talks before till I rescued her...

Hmmm...

Spoiler

If I initiated some talks AFTER getting first a couple of talks initiated by her could it mess up the whole process?

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#358 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

Pretty much.

Also:

Spoiler

Edited by Samriel, 13 July 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#359 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

Spoiler

Well, this is a problem that is inherit as well in the planar sphere spell and others. It happens when you encounter some other scene (cutscene, Irenicus dream or similar) between the time to use the spell GoTo and ReturnFrom. The only possible solution I can technically see for this issue is to always return to some default location instead of to where you started from.

The reason is that the function *Store/Re-store party locations* is used here. Since that function is used as well by e.g Imoen's dreams or Irenicus dreams and the game does not store more than one location, you may get this effect.

If that issue is reported often, I would probably be able to provide a PID option that takes the party back to a fixed place in Amn in case the spell fails, maybe the city gates?

NB I understand that Sandrah had not yet gained the additional capability for Elminster's parcel that would help out of such a case??

Yes, I will put that PID backdoor option on the list for the next release, even if you may only have use for it only for very rare occasions during chapter 2 + 3 of SoA.

If you ever find the problem again, use this cheat until I provide a fix

Spoiler

Sandrah Hotfix 06 is provided now for this issue. It works only if your party is in Sandrah's Garden in Waterdeep

The Sandrah Saga

#360 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

Spoiler

You may need HF07 from the hotfixes page.

Ah...and one thing. Can Sandrah refuse to accompany me in RtF if she got a romance with another party member which is more advanced than her relationship with my PC?

No. There is more at stake in RtF than your lovelife.

The Sandrah Saga