#321 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

Spoiler

So then:

Spoiler

I have just installed a new mod, the BG1 expansion to Romantic Encounters - if it provides similar episodes like the SoA mod, you get those situations. If adequate I will make Sandrah react on the PCs choices. I have not seen enough of that mod yet in my current game to make decisions. (So far I received only gay advances for my male PC - how would Sandrah react to THIS??? Mmmh, maybe use all her charms to peruade the guy that at least this particular woman is the better alternative?)

That said speaking of plot relevant weapons do you plan to(or is there one already) add one to make some sort of effect on the plot? Like being necessary to unlock greater potential for the PC/destroy a seemingly indestructible baddie/hold some sort of interesting story like the broken sword that one can get early in Icewind Dale/A romance gift from Sandrah or other romanceable NPC/???

I care mostly about characters, plot, having many options/opportunities to affect both and general roleplaying possibilities but the chance of getting even just one super legendary and personal weapon for the PC sounds tempting.

There are a number of mods that doe that already, Thalantyr, Cespenar, and others can upgrade PC's items and weapons.

Some purists may already claim that Mystra's Gift in chapter 1 of the game is a cheat.

May I remind you that Sandrah is just one of five possible members of your party, not the one who claims every possibility in the game.

Also...does the player got some way to keep items from BG1 while going into BG2 while using this mod? Normally one gets everything taken away for good once BG2 starts as far as I recall.

No comment, not even in spoiler mode.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#322 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

I think Bisco meant that he wishes that he could start RtF right away to enjoy the adventure from the start rather than him disliking her.

I understood well and meant it as a joke.

No you cannot start RtF without at least having played BGT with Sandrah ONCE. The game uses a free save slot automatically in the transition from RtF to ToB, so once you reached that point you can always use this as a starting point, even when RtF will be expanded later.

The issue is that it is truely a sequel, not a completetly unrelated new story (like SoA was in the beginning, with a new setting, a new villain, a new plot). The RtF story roots from decisions, quests, experiences and enemies you have made throughout BGT.

Just like many of Sandrah's quest start in BG1 and end in ToB, the RtF story begins long before you end ToB, even if you may not notice it at that time. (Ending Sandrah at ToB does not leave you with unfinished business - hopefully only with the wish to learn more about her further story than just an end screen.) However, RtF requires your full knowledge of what has been going on before and who certain actors are, etc.

While I think Sandrah is "evil" in a way for it being so hard to make her lose her composure I do not find the character boring at all myself. :P

Neither she seems to be a copy of other NPCs from BG1/BG2 or any mods that I recall which makes her rather original too and I enjoy that.

*Hoping that it becomes available to being able to interrupt her own flirts with my PC for the sheer awkwardness of it hehe*

The Sandrah Saga

#323 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

(So far I received only gay advances for my male PC - how would Sandrah react to THIS??? Mmmh, maybe use all her charms to peruade the guy that at least this particular woman is the better alternative?)                                                                                                                                       

That would be AMAZING!! Especially if the PC can say something like "Sorry but now that I tasted men I cannot go back to what it once were. No women for me anymore. Farewell". So evil :devil: :devil:

I haven't played Romantic Encounters for BG1 much but it was rather nice^^

AHHH...now that I recall there were reactions there to NPCs having a gender change via the belt of gender altering. I wonder if there is an actual reaction for Sandrah IF she were to end up with THAT. It would cause quite an..."energetic" response I think *mwahahahaha*. If not then it certainly offers for some funny dialogue were it to be implemented for which I'm more than eager to see. :)

Aside from romance and tease I love some comedy-in THIS case tragedy?- too.

As for the "no comment" I hope I did not say anything silly as I have not played an BGT game for many years and I really forgot all the changes that it introduces including item carrying. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Edited by Samriel, 08 July 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#324 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

(So far I received only gay advances for my male PC - how would Sandrah react to THIS??? Mmmh, maybe use all her charms to peruade the guy that at least this particular woman is the better alternative?)                                                                                                                                       

That would be AMAZING!! Especially if the PC can say something like "Sorry but now that I tasted men I cannot go back to what it once were. No women for me anymore. Farewell". So evil :devil: :devil:

I haven't played Romantic Encounters for BG1 much but it was rather nice^^

Are you sure it was RE for BG1 not the much older Soa one? It is relatively new, appearing in BWP 14.3 for the first time?

AHHH...now that I recall there were reactions there to NPCs having a gender change via the belt of gender altering. I wonder if there is an actual reaction for Sandrah IF she were to end up with THAT. It would cause quite an..."energetic" response I think *mwahahahaha*. If not then it certainly offers for some funny dialogue were it to be implemented for which I'm more than eager to see. :)

Spoiler

Aside from romance and tease I love some comedy-in THIS case tragedy?- too.

As for the "no comment" I hope I did not say anything silly as I have not played an BGT game for many years and I really forgot all the changes that it introduces including item carrying. :blush: :blush: :blush:

You did not say anything silly, I just did not want to spoil any aspect of the transition for you, be it with or without Sandrah.

Edited by Roxanne, 08 July 2015 - 12:37 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#325 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:57 PM

I think the first version of RE for BG1 was released like 9 months ago and I think I played it around that time. I always install normal NPC mods and small quest mods manually and I had never experienced trouble with that. Its only for giants like "Sandrah" that I was forced to use BWS for the first time. BWS and BWP are sometimes a bit behind the newest stuff I think...like not always having the latest versions of mods. BWS got only version 103 of Sandrah if I recall.

Spoiler

I REALLY like her character but the potential to-effectively- tease her/leave her speechless should DEFINITELY be an option. :P

There are things that not even Big El can foresee even.

Edited by Samriel, 08 July 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#326 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

I think the first version of RE for BG1 was released like 9 months ago and I think I played it around that time. I always install normal NPC mods and small quest mods manually and I had never experienced trouble with that. Its only for giants like "Sandrah" that I was forced to use BWS for the first time. BWS and BWP are sometimes a bit behind the newest stuff I think...like not always having the latest versions of mods. BWS got only version 103 of Sandrah if I recall.

Spoiler

Fine, you create this new NPC for the game and I promise to come up with the cross-mod contents. (I recall that I did some reaction for her to some gay and lesbian NPCs in SoA, I just cannot remember those NPC's names, in BG1 I think there is only Valerie and she has interest in a female PC only)

If Sandrah was so omniscient anyway then she would spike the PCs tea with poison or something if the player felt like starting to go nutsy and embrace Bhaal's evil which leads to Sandrah's demise due to massive reputation decline or outright Slayer/Ravager attack on her. No psychology can prevent/foresee potential player's meanness :P

I REALLY like her character but the potential to-effectively- tease her/leave her speechless should DEFINITELY be an option. :P

There are things that not even Big El can foresee even.

Absolutely right. The story of her errors is a huge topic of the mod itself. Not all of her counselling and deduction is correct and some of her misinterpretations have consequences that take both of you a long time to recover from.

Like I said in an earlier post, there is much development over time. The clever charming girl who seems to be afraid of nothing will learn her lessons the hard way (and you as well).

Expect the unexpected again and again . To find a sealed letter in a locked case at the rear end of a dungeon after you battled your way through hordes of monsters does not mean that this letter contains the truth - maybe someone just took the effort to make the lie easier for you to swallow...unless that other guy sneaked in secretly and exchanged to letter with one containing the truth (or maybe another lie).

Edited by Roxanne, 08 July 2015 - 01:30 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#327 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

Well, if I wanted to torture Sandrah-and Imoen- all I need to do is recruit-apart from them- ONLY one NPC: Jaheira.

Then those two adventurous whippersnappers will have to endure a gazzilion sermons from AUNTIE Jaheira concerning balance and nature in their lives. How they are children and what not.

All while forcing Imoen to wear only green or blue clothes and selling anything pink-or pinkish- to a seller who is about to leave to the other side of Faerun.

With no Romeos in the party aside from an uninterested PC and auntie's endless preaching those two cheeky brats undergo a severe mental strain that causes them to commit suicide or beg the PC to put them out of misery before ToB even starts. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Mmmm... :)

Regarding making said new NPC I can only advice here and there as I have no modding skills I'm afraid. Besides I kinda wouldn't want to spoil myself all the fun which is the con of so directly contributing. I can come with a few ideas and lines though which you could expand. Besides someone THAT amazing is probably beyond the skills of any writer as who could actually make him appear as amazing as he deserves?. Unless...you were joking here. :blush:

But really...you should make it possible for the PC to at least tease a gender changed Sandrah how she no longer got the necessary equipment for him/her regardless of what soul resides in that mannish body now. ^^

And yeah, I noticed how Sandrah can make mistakes and is by no means perfect. My reason for wanting to make her more "teaseable" by no means had to do with me thinking of her as such, but just a small "payback" for her own teasing and because I found it a bit funny. Poetic justice as I said. :P

The PC got to learn his/her lessons the hard way indeed. But again I like when a character endures through a tedious journey while shaping and sharpening his/her character. I find it kinda a shame how the creators did not allow the PC to be less passive in all this and somehow pass to a more aggressive approach and attempting to beat the evil schemers by outsmarting them in theor own game. By far one of the best moments in the whole saga was when Sendai discovered how it was Gorion's ward who attacked her hideout and expressed her fear of what might come. Usually both baddies and allies alike in rpgs take the main characters lightly and underestimate them and hardly show them any respect. It was glorious to see an actual subversion even if it was so short and concerning only one particular villain. A shame also how Sarevok in BG1 did not get so many actual appearances as Irenicus and mostly was explored through other characters and his journals. He deserved more.

Oh well...

Edited by Samriel, 08 July 2015 - 02:16 PM.

#328 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:49 PM

Well, if I wanted to torture Sandrah-and Imoen- all I need to do is recruit-apart from them- ONLY one NPC: Jaheira.

Then those two adventurous whippersnappers will have to endure a gazzilion sermons from AUNTIE Jaheira concerning balance and nature in their lives. How they are children and what not.

All while forcing Imoen to wear only green or blue clothes and selling anything pink-or pinkish- to a seller who is about to leave to the other side of Faerun.

With no Romeos in the party aside from an uninterested PC and auntie's endless preaching those two cheeky brats undergo a severe mental strain that causes them to commit suicide or beg the PC to put them out of misery before ToB even starts. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Mmmm... :)

Regarding making said new NPC I can only advice here and there as I have no modding skills I'm afraid. Besides I kinda wouldn't want to spoil myself all the fun which is the con of so directly contributing. I can come with a few ideas and lines though which you could expand. Besides someone THAT amazing is probably beyond the skills of any writer as who could actually make him appear as amazing as he deserves?. Unless...you were joking here. :blush:

There are some candidates still in BG2 that I have not fully explored, Tsujatah (even if not gay), Arath maybe, Chloe (when she chooses Imoen instead of Sandrah) - otherwise we need to wait until ToB and Jon Irenicus return.

But really...you should make it possible for the PC to at least tease a gender changed Sandrah how she no longer got the necessary equipment for him/her regardless of what soul resides in that mannish body now. ^^

And yeah, I noticed how Sandrah can make mistakes and is by no means perfect. My reason for wanting to make her more "teaseable" by no means had to do with me thinking of her as such, but just a small "payback" for her own teasing and because I found it a bit funny. Poetic justice as I said. :P

I must look again into all the RE episodes. What really would make Sandrah suffer would not be the PC falling for some super ideal type of man or woman but with just the opposite, like this ultra silly girl in Amn that has two cretins fighting over her. If this such is his taste, how would she feel?

The PC got to learn his/her lessons the hard way indeed. But again I like when a character endures through a tedious journey while shaping and sharpening his/her character. I find it kinda a shame how the creators did not allow the PC to be less passive in all this and somehow pass to a more aggressive approach and attempting to beat the evil schemers by outsmarting them in theor own game.

Spoiler

By far one of the best moments in the whole saga was when Sendai discovered how it was Gorion's ward who attacked her hideout and expressed her fear of what might come. Usually both baddies and allies alike in rpgs take the main characters lightly and underestimate them and hardly show them any respect. It was glorious to see an actual subversion even if it was so short and concerning only one particular villain. A shame also how Sarevok in BG1 did not get so many actual appearances as Irenicus and mostly was explored through other characters and his journals. He deserved more.

Oh well...

Edited by Roxanne, 08 July 2015 - 02:51 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#329 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:05 AM

Sounds promising. :)

Still looking forward to having an option to interrupt Sandrah's flirts to make things awkward(CHARNAME:Sooo... Am I not interrupting anything aren't I? :devil: ) tehehee :) :)

That said, guess I'll focus on clearing BG1 before I come up with some new ideas/suggestions I think. I still need to finish quite a few optional stuff for Sandrah and I can be a completionist sometimes. Though then again it would be nice to see how an incomplete quest set will differ from an complete one when I start another playthrough...maybe with Jen'lig and some other stuff like Imo's big quest that I missed^^

It is nice because there is always some new stuff to explore next time. That is why unlike Bisco I do not mind that I cannot start with ToB as I can change/influence how things will be like for RtF even if it does not affect the general plot in some huge way. If it DID though then all the better however :). In games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age Bioware introduced either a save state option that lets one use the save from previous games so that choices matter(though it changed with DA:I) but neverthless when one wanted to have alteranative dialogues or/and characters affected by previous games one still had to play those previous games instead of jumping right to the latest game and still expecting to get all sorts of alternative stuff.

ToB itself while it allowed to start a new game it still required SoA to work as ToB was an expansion/continuation. I think that when speaking of this mod Sandrah NPC would be like part 1 of Sandrah saga and RtF like part 2? I admit though that when I saw two huge mods with the same name I was a bit confused till I read the introduction to the mod itself. It would be hardly surprising as NPC mods are rarely beyond the size of 20 MB so a giant of Sandrah's size might have confused some people on whether it was a "merely" NPC mod or a full fledged Quest mod. All the cooler when its 2 in one, quite a sweet package. Once the installation with BWS is over things only do get better.

Edited by Samriel, 09 July 2015 - 01:12 AM.

#330 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

Sounds promising. :)

Still looking forward to having an option to interrupt Sandrah's flirts to make things awkward(CHARNAME:Sooo... Am I not interrupting anything aren't I? :devil: ) tehehee :) :)

That said, guess I'll focus on clearing BG1 before I come up with some new ideas/suggestions I think. I still need to finish quite a few optional stuff for Sandrah and I can be a completionist sometimes. Though then again it would be nice to see how an incomplete quest set will differ from an complete one when I start another playthrough...maybe with Jen'lig and some other stuff like Imo's big quest that I missed^^

It is nice because there is always some new stuff to explore next time. That is why unlike Bisco I do not mind that I cannot start with ToB as I can change/influence how things will be like for RtF even if it does not affect the general plot in some huge way. If it DID though then all the better however :). In games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age Bioware introduced either a save state option that lets one use the save from previous games so that choices matter(though it changed with DA:I) but neverthless when one wanted to have alteranative dialogues or/and characters affected by previous games one still had to play those previous games instead of jumping right to the latest game and still expecting to get all sorts of alternative stuff.

ToB itself while it allowed to start a new game it still required SoA to work as ToB was an expansion/continuation. I think that when speaking of this mod Sandrah NPC would be like part 1 of Sandrah saga and RtF like part 2? I admit though that when I saw two huge mods with the same name I was a bit confused till I read the introduction to the mod itself. It would be hardly surprising as NPC mods are rarely beyond the size of 20 MB so a giant of Sandrah's size might have confused some people on whether it was a "merely" NPC mod or a full fledged Quest mod. All the cooler when its 2 in one, quite a sweet package. Once the installation with BWS is over things only do get better.

At some earlier stage I was inteed tempted to call it the Sandrah Saga with BGT being part1 and RtF being part2, but I thought that would be too much vanity. After all the game is still Baldur's Gate and she is just one of many NPCs you can take along, regardless how epic her storyline and she cannot work without the main game and all those who contributed to it.

The Sandrah Saga

#331 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

New support page for fixes to the Sandrah mod if you installed with BWP/BWS

The Sandrah mod has been posted for testing in this forum some months back. Even if still bugged and further enhanced it has found its way into BWP and BWS (with the respective labels to use with caution), Taking this into account, the introduction of a new and improved version of the mod is no longer trivial for those who used BWP/BWS as it would require a large re-install. I have therefore decided to publish new versions at a much larger interval and with a large collection of improvement in any version.

Still some things can be fixed for those having started a game including Sandrah to improve their experience and easy to install with a hotfix.(Of course you can use the fixes as well if you installed manually and do not want to reinstall the whole mod again.)

You find it here

http://www.shsforums...c-rtf-hotfixes/

Please

Any issues you find in the game and think there is a need to be fixed, continue to report them in this forum here.

The new page is only intended to publish the solutions.

You will also find there an overview about larger improvements to come with the next release.

The Sandrah Saga

#332 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

Hello found a bug. In your sequel to grey clan in fight with monica she summons those 4 undead. (two bone golems die immediately after summoning)... after i kill remaining 2 guards then i attack monica but she is immortal and just stands there doing nothing...

Edited by miker17, 11 July 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#333 Evani

Evani
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

I tried the hotfix. The duergar outside friendly arm still doesn't have anything to say to me. (This guy is the reason for the hint to explore, right?)

#334 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

Hello found a bug. In your sequel to grey clan in fight with monica she summons those 4 undead. (two bone golems die immediately after summoning)... after i kill remaining 2 guards then i attack monica but she is immortal and just stands there doing nothing...

A question - How did you install the mod, maybe as part of BWS or BWP or on top of an existing installation??

If you are familiar with Near Infinity or shadowkeeper it would be interesting to know which scripts are assigned to BW05Moni.cre.

The Sandrah Saga

#335 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:54 AM

I tried the hotfix. The duergar outside friendly arm still doesn't have anything to say to me. (This guy is the reason for the hint to explore, right?)

It is one of several reasons.

The fix works but only if you have not entered the Friendly Arm area before. The corrected creatures are created when you first enter the area.

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 11 July 2015 - 11:55 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#336 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

A question - How did you install the mod, maybe as part of BWS or BWP or on top of an existing installation??

If you are familiar with Near Infinity or shadowkeeper it would be interesting to know which scripts are assigned to BW05Moni.cre.

Ran standard install of Big world Setup (without SwordCoastStratagems+Mods that are req for Sandrah Vault, Drizzt saga ect.) And installed mod on top of it . Ran it thorugh DLTC and there is some problem "Bad override script reference sanmonip"

Overide script: Sanmonip

Class script : AGRANDBR

Defult : A6SHATTE

Dialog: BW05MONI

General and race are empty

Edited by miker17, 11 July 2015 - 12:37 PM.

#337 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

Ran standard install of Big world Setup (without SwordCoastStratagems) and installed mod on top of it . Ran it thorugh DLTC and there is some problem "Bad override script reference sanmonip"

The script I assign to her and which probably has failed is sanmoni (no *p* at the end). I have no idea what that p is and why you have it (I have never used DLTC). If you have any means (e.g.NI to make sanmoni her override script that should solve the problem.)

The Sandrah Saga

#338 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:42 PM

Ran standard install of Big world Setup (without SwordCoastStratagems) and installed mod on top of it . Ran it thorugh DLTC and there is some problem "Bad override script reference sanmonip"

The script I assign to her and which probably has failed is sanmoni (no *p* at the end). I have no idea what that p is and why you have it (I have never used DLTC). If you have any means (e.g.NI to make sanmoni her override script that should solve the problem.)

<3333 thank you.  Oh and also found another strange problem, this one was probably reported already. If you hit Sandrah or her cat with FF they turn hostile and proceed to attack party.

Edited by miker17, 11 July 2015 - 12:48 PM.

#339 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

<3333 thank you.  Oh and also found another strange problem, this one was probably reported already. If you hit Sandrah or her cat with FF they turn hostile and proceed to attack party.

You should never assign an AI script to Sandrah - her normal behaviour is to revert to green after a short while, same for her companion, She is extremely nervous to possible betrayal or backstabbing from a companion (this is part of her story) and reacts immediately but is supposed to calm herself down when she realises the error. The challenge is to keep your party out of her reach for that moment (a bit like some other NPCs that can go berserk).

The Sandrah Saga

#340 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

You should never assign an AI script to Sandrah - her normal behaviour is to revert to green after a short while, same for her companion, She is extremely nervous to possible betrayal or backstabbing from a companion (this is part of her story) and reacts immediately but is supposed to calm herself down when she realises the error. The challenge is to keep your party out of her reach for that moment (a bit like some other NPCs that can go berserk).

Never touched her AI script. But my poor level one char who fires fireball and hits her.....only to get smashed(oneshoted) by her hammer in middle of combat. Tough Love :3

Back to BGT Archive