Photo

[Removed] Sandrah NPC

• Please log in to reply
1192 replies to this topic

#301 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:20 AM

I hardly ever use tweaks of any kind as I enjoy playing the game as close to the original rules as possible, also to avoid complications when it might become incompatible with a mod.

Of course if a mod DEMANDED the installation of such changes/fixes then it is alright but I have not read anything regarding that in neither Sandrah's readme nor the one about the crossmods. Strangely BWS did not show that Sandrah needs any extra stuff to work despite reminding me about others like Ajantis or the Longer Road.

And yeah, it was weird for Jen'lig to care about whether the PC is famous or infamous. Why would she care what primes think of him/her?

Aside from fixing it for the next release of Sandrah will you attach a small file to fix that? Since I used generalized biffing it would require an uninstall and reinstall of ALL if I recall correctly...

To late to add tweaks either it seems.

#302 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:32 AM

I hardly ever use tweaks of any kind as I enjoy playing the game as close to the original rules as possible, also to avoid complications when it might become incompatible with a mod.

Of course if a mod DEMANDED the installation of such changes/fixes then it is alright but I have not read anything regarding that in neither Sandrah's readme nor the one about the crossmods. Strangely BWS did not show that Sandrah needs any extra stuff to work despite reminding me about others like Ajantis or the Longer Road.

And yeah, it was weird for Jen'lig to care about whether the PC is famous or infamous. Why would she care what primes think of him/her?

Aside from fixing it for the next release of Sandrah will you attach a small file to fix that? Since I used generalized biffing it would require an uninstall and reinstall of ALL if I recall correctly...

To late to add tweaks either it seems.

Extract this rar to the game folder and run the exe file, this can be done without any harm on your biffed installation.

If it works as expected (I cannot test it since all my installations have the tweak already) you may get the unhappy comment from the NPC but no leaving. This feature is used by some other NPCs that do not care about reputation as well, so I am confident it will not break anything.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#303 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:15 AM

Got it.

Thanks for the help!! :)

#304 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:28 AM

Got it.

Thanks for the help!! :)

Please give me a feedback if it works - This would need to become part of the change to allow Sandrah to join Evil PC

The Sandrah Saga

#305 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

Alrighty so I did again test Jen'lig reaction a few times BEFORE adding this patch(right before I got another reputation gain) and she kept reacting the same way by leaving me.  However, after installing the patch she no longer reacted to said reputation gain. I reloaded like 3 times and unlike before it did not happen. :)

As for Sandrah:

Spoiler

Hmmm, though after traveling for a bit with my reputation going from 1-2 to 11 some party members like Coran, Imoen and Minsc started complaining and left me. Soon after leaving me they talked to me again and I was given the option to make them rejoin and they stopped complaining which they did before with a reputation 11-after Sandrah's vision-.  Its like despite the reputation boost they still regarded me as they did with rep 1-2 before I made them rejoin.

No complaining nor leaving from Sandrah herself though.

Edited by Samriel, 07 July 2015 - 09:06 PM.

#306 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

Alrighty so I did again test Jen'lig reaction a few times BEFORE adding this patch(right before I got another reputation gain) and she kept reacting the same way by leaving me.  However, after installing the patch she no longer reacted to said reputation gain. I reloaded like 3 times and unlike before it did not happen. :)

As for Sandrah:

Spoiler

Hmmm, though after traveling for a bit with my reputation going from 1-2 to 11 some party members like Coran, Imoen and Minsc started complaining and left me. Soon after leaving me they talked to me again and I was given the option to make them rejoin and they stopped complaining which they did before with a reputation 11-after Sandrah's vision-.  Its like despite the reputation boost they still regarded me as they did with rep 1-2 before I made them rejoin.

The patch I provided should only affect Sandrah and Jen'lig and it seems to work. The mod does not effect any other NPCs, so their behaviour is caused by something else or is the vanilla behaviour if you have no tweak installed that deals with NPC reaction to reputation change.

The Sandrah Saga

#307 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

As for Sandrah:

Spoiler

Spoiler

The patch I provided should only affect Sandrah and Jen'lig and it seems to work. The mod does not effect any other NPCs, so their behaviour is caused by something else or is the vanilla behaviour if you have no tweak installed that deals with NPC reaction to reputation change.

The Sandrah Saga

#308 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:04 AM

Regarding Sandrah:

Spoiler

By the way, is there no way to recruit Jen'lig back somehow? I searched where I found her and she is no longer there. Characters that are thrown out of the group often return to where they were recruited or just wait when one left them but I cannot find Jen'lig and it is a shame if I cannot somehow see her quest to the end. No way to put her back for those that told her to leave the party...or in my case were abandoned by her?

Also does she get a role in BG2? After all SoA is where Githyanki get their biggest role in the whole BG Saga.

Edited by Samriel, 08 July 2015 - 01:17 AM.

#309 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:33 AM

Regarding Sandrah:
Spoiler

Considerations to be taken on board with opening her for evil NPCs as well. I have plans but it is too early to talk about it already.

By the way, is there no way to recruit Jen'lig back somehow? I searched where I found her and she is no longer there. Characters that are thrown out of the group often return to where they were recruited or just wait when one left them but I cannot find Jen'lig and it is a shame if I cannot somehow see her quest to the end. No way to put her back for those that told her to leave the party...or in my case were abandoned by her?

Your loosing her how you did due to the missing patch we detected was unexpected. Actually the only way to loose her normally would be to kick her out - or by installing some silly tweak that makes imprisoned/stonedead NPCs automatically leave the party (that mod is incompatible with Sandrah and a lot of other NPC mods that react in this way to be forced out of the party).
In your particular case she acts like she was kicked out and is gone unless you cheat her back into the game again or have still  a save with her.

Also does she get a role in BG2? After all SoA is where Githyanki get their biggest role in the whole BG Saga.

Spoiler

- The githyanki appearing in SoA are on a mission of their own to find Saemon's stolen blade. They are not truely related to Jen'lig and there would be no further reaction between the two than what is already happening in BG1 when you meet some gith there-  not really worth considering.

Edited by Roxanne, 08 July 2015 - 01:39 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#310 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:15 AM

Ok, time for a few more questions/suggestions...of the romantic kind. So embarrassing...but some things just NEED to be typed^^. :blush:

1. Is there a way to make Sandrah jealous? I mean given how often she flirts with others it should be fair if the PC could do the same to her right? I know that she is very open minded and does not seem to think much of it when love is not involved...but the tease remains. I tried to engage in romance with other NPCS while with her in the party but she does not seem to mind at all. No fun!!

Basically how about introducing the option to at least make the player flirt with other NPCS-even if there is no romance- and make her jealous or at least slightly pouty? I mean...with a very high love score with her she should be somewhat capable of getting jealous even if she does not think of the PC as her property or stuff. Even the most open minded women should be irked at least slightly if she loves someone a LOT and said person flirts with others.

Tease her back. Tease her back. Tease her back.

Its poetic justice I say.

Pleeeeease??? :blush:

2. How about making the PC having an opinion that matters on those romance related things that influence their relationship?

Like...the PC could have a stance ranging from "You are flirting/doing naughty with another. That's HOT. Can I watch or join?^^" to "Sorry, but I take our relationship seriously and if you do not take it likewise then we are done".

You were saying how you do not see the PC corrupting her to be REAAALLY evil but how about influencing her stance on love/sexual attitude? From some talks with her I kinda alluded that she was of a more innocent sort regarding that but became more liberated/open with time.

Basically how about "corrupting" her into being even more liberated OR influencing her into not even noticing other men/girls as romantic/sexual partners besides PC making her really pure love focused? Of course in the 2nd case the PC would have to serve as an example of devotion or he/she would be a hypocrite...though that could lead to interesting situations/consequences too. Hmmm....

Maybe potential for some threesome ending and an ending with a fairy tale-like wedding by the end of RtF(or sooner) or something similar?

I just love the roleplaying possibilities and potential there^^

3. Do the new NPCS for RtF get romance with PC and Sandrah? I kinda recall something like that and if that is the case then do they have romantic AND normal epilogues depending on how their bond with the PC or/and Sandrah builds up?

Also I met many of them but I still can't find Shauhana, Giran and Mellicamp. Do they appear in BG1 or should I not bother with finding them yet?

Edited by Samriel, 08 July 2015 - 02:25 AM.

#311 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:37 AM

Ok, time for a few more questions/suggestions...of the romantic kind. So embarrassing...but some things just NEED to be typed^^. :blush:

1. Is there a way to make Sandrah jealous? I mean given how often she flirts with others it should be fair if the PC could do the same to her right? I know that she is very open minded and does not seem to think much of it when love is not involved...but the tease remains. I tried to engage in romance with other NPCS while with her in the party but she does not seem to mind at all. No fun!!

Which ones did you try??? I assume you are still in BG1, for most there is some reaction, maybe you are just in the too early stages with that NPC.

Basically how about introducing the option to at least make the player flirt with other NPCS-even if there is no romance- and make her jealous or at least slightly pouty? I mean...with a very high love score with her she should be somewhat capable of getting jealous even if she does not think of the PC as her property or stuff. Even the most open minded women should be irked at least slightly if she loves someone a LOT and said person flirts with others.

2. How about making the PC having an opinion that matters on those romance related things that influence their relationship?

Like...the PC could have a stance ranging from "You are flirting/doing naughty with another. That's HOT. Can I watch or join?^^" to "Sorry, but I take our relationship seriously and if you do not take it likewise then we are done".

You were saying how you do not see the PC corrupting her to be REAAALLY evil but how about influencing her stance on love/sexual attitude? From some talks with her I kinda alluded that she was of a more innocent sort regarding that but became more liberated/open with time.

Basically how about "corrupting" her into being even more liberated OR influencing her into not even noticing other men/girls as romantic/sexual partners besides PC making her really pure love focused? Of course in the 2nd case the PC would have to serve as an example of devotion or he/she would be a hypocrite...though that could lead to interesting situations/consequences too. Hmmm....

Maybe potential for some threesome ending and an ending with a fairy tale-like wedding by the end of RtF(or sooner) or something similar?

3. Do the new NPCS for RtF get romance with PC and Sandrah? I kinda recall something like that and if that is the case then do they have romantic AND normal epilogues depending on how their bond with the PC or/and Sandrah builds up?

Also I met many of them but I still can't find Shauhana, Giran and Mellicamp. Do they appear in BG1 or should I not bother with finding them yet?

The Sandrah Saga

#312 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:41 AM

Which ones did you try??? I assume you are still in BG1, for most there is some reaction, maybe you are just in the too early stages with that NPC.

For all in number 2 I can only say, keep on playing and you will see.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 08 July 2015 - 02:53 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#313 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:17 AM

Alrighty I will give it a try. I enjoy savoring it all slowly so I kinda advanced the game at a snail's pace. I hardly rush through games that I like...

Mostly I used Dynaheir and Branwen but admittedly I did not get THAT far. Though fairly past courtly love part....

But really, you should add AS MANY opportunities to make her jealous/tease her back as possible both as male and female PCs. It would be sweeter than kittens on the internet I'd say. Damn right! :blush:

And a threesome(malePC/Sandrah/female NPC, malePCSandrah/male NPC, femalePC, Sandrah/maleNPC, femalePC/Sandrah/femalePC...) ending would be rather interesting I'd say. As would be an optional super romantic one with wedding, flowers, true love kiss and stuff. Including the influencing Sandrah stance on love/sex part ^^. Its nice to give the PC some actual influence power ^^

I think those contradictions and striking difference in possibilities both for a different conclusions AND character development would add PLENTY of replayability and make the player curious to try different stuff next time.

That male PCs and female PCs do get different reactions and stuff is already a very promising start. I love how the gender difference affects more than in vanilla BG2 when the difference was just Anomen the jerk or Jaheira/Aerie/Viconia. Though Anomem could get some character develpment AND alignment change in SoA already....

I really love games/mods with so much content and replayability potential. ^^

#314 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:00 AM

Alrighty I will give it a try. I enjoy savoring it all slowly so I kinda advanced the game at a snail's pace. I hardly rush through games that I like...

Mostly I used Dynaheir and Branwen but admittedly I did not get THAT far. Though fairly past courtly love part....

Both have a lot of interactions with Sandrah and both will trigger a different reaction from Sandrah when your romance advances with them.

But really, you should add AS MANY opportunities to make her jealous/tease her back as possible both as male and female PCs. It would be sweeter than kittens on the internet I'd say. Damn right! :blush:

As I treat each relationship as unique and Sandrah's reactions are specific to this NPC and whether you are male/female PC, this is only applied to those NPC that have interested me. In BG1 those are at least all of those any PC can start a romance with. For BG2 I am sure to have missed some, but not many. For ToB I cover all that come new in that part of the game.

And a threesome(malePC/Sandrah/female NPC, malePCSandrah/male NPC, femalePC, Sandrah/maleNPC, femalePC/Sandrah/femalePC...) ending would be rather interesting I'd say. As would be an optional super romantic one with wedding, flowers, true love kiss and stuff. Including the influencing Sandrah stance on love/sex part ^^. Its nice to give the PC some actual influence power ^^

Spoiler

I think those contradictions and striking difference in possibilities both for a different conclusions AND character development would add PLENTY of replayability and make the player curious to try different stuff next time.

I am sure Sandrah provides for that. You can do a male and a female path already, the next version will give you a good/neutral and an evil/neutral path. She interacts with more NPCs in all parts of the game than you can take into party in one playthrough even when changing comrads often. The path for her own plots can be taken in many different ways and taking different solutions.

Unless you fundamentally dislike her, she offers all you need for another round.

That male PCs and female PCs do get different reactions and stuff is already a very promising start. I love how the gender difference affects more than in vanilla BG2 when the difference was just Anomen the jerk or Jaheira/Aerie/Viconia. Though Anomem could get some character develpment AND alignment change in SoA already....

I really love games/mods with so much content and replayability potential. ^^

The current mod has already more than you can find with one play through the whole game. I am always on the lookout for interesting new mods that I want to try myself, and consequently there will be crossmod contents added.

With RtF, this is a bit like SoA before modding started. With all the new towns/areas/cast it opens the possibility to add mods into this part for all those who find Amn already overcrowded.

The Sandrah Saga

#315 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

Wellllll:

Spoiler

Errrr :blush: *clears throat*  Romance pleading questions aside I've got some of a different sort this time ^^

1. Is there a purpose later in the game for the sword "Gift of Mystra" that the PC gains early in the game? As you noticed during one previous bug I just cannot help it but collect all sort of stuff including keeping some plot items after they seemingly expired when it comes to usefulness. Still, such a weapon given by the main heroine of the mod as seemingly a big gift(as the name implies) shouldn't be just a weapon that is rather useful early on. The potential for such a weapon to become some super weapon and/or turn out to be VERY helpful later plot-wise(maybe optionally at least for players that choose to keep it) would be a nice touch IMO. So I"l just ask...was keeping it a good idea and said weapon plays a bigger role later(or just can evolve into some crazy strong weapon) or there is no much to it actually? As spoiler free answer as possible^^

2. You mentioned by the end of your post how you are in the lookout for new mods to try. That reminded me how you included Yasraena which means that either you are the one who created this mod or you got permission from the actual maker. Do you have already some plans for a particular NPC mod to be included in the future? I always kinda wondered how other mod makers react to including their NPCs in other mods. Hope you get a positive response when asking any of them as Sandrah would certainly nicely expand on those NPCs too.

3. Are there any NPCs besides Jen'lig(and Sandrah obviously) in BG1 that you made and are recruitable? Do you have any plans or ideas of adding some in the future potentially?

IMO it should be best to first polish Sandrah as much as possible by adding any and all possible options to enrich the experience. That said once Sandrah reaches a level where she was polished enough it certainly would be nice to see another NPC introduced by yourself that could perhaps stick through most of the saga like Sandrah herself. Granted said NPC would be nowhere as polished since undoubtedly doing so with Sandrah required an colossal effort but even a fragment of that would still be impressive I think.

Maybe to add to replayability it should be a male NPC for a female PC and a female NPC for a male PC? Just a suggestion there. ^^

4. Speaking of other NPC mods, did you hear anything about if Breagar will be included in the next release of BWS? I cannot find him there no matter how hard I look. Granted I cannot install him now anyway now that I biffed the game but it would be a nice choice for future playthroughs as the readme seems to hint at there being rather plenty of content with him. Hmmm...

Edited by Samriel, 08 July 2015 - 09:57 AM.

#316 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:17 AM

Spoiler

Errrr :blush: *clears throat*  Romance pleading questions aside I've got some of a different sort this time ^^

1. Is there a purpose later in the game for the sword "Gift of Mystra" that the PC gains early in the game? As you noticed during one previous bug I just cannot help it but collect all sort of stuff including keeping some plot items after they seemingly expired when it comes to usefulness. Still, such a weapon given by the main heroine of the mod as seemingly a big gift(as the name implies) shouldn't be just a weapon that is rather useful early on. The potential for such a weapon to become some super weapon and/or turn out to be VERY helpful later plot-wise(maybe optionally at least for players that choose to keep it) would be a nice touch IMO. So I"l just ask...was keeping it a good idea and said weapon plays a bigger role later(or just can evolve into some crazy strong weapon) or there is no much to it actually? As spoiler free answer as possible^^

No, apart from the meeting scene and dialogue it is just a weapon you may find useful or not. The benefit is that it is useable by anyone in your party.

Spoiler

2. You mentioned by the end of your post how you are in the lookout for new mods to try. That reminded me how you included Yasraena which means that either you are the one who created this mod or you got permission from the actual maker. Do you have already some plans for a particular NPC mod to be included in the future? I always kinda wondered how other mod makers react to including their NPCs in other mods. Hope you get a positive response when asking any of them as Sandrah would certainly nicely expand on those NPCs too.

Sandrah is still a test mod and no *official* release. I have published the crossmod list in the forum that tells which mods I have taken into account. Currently this crossmod context has to be understood as *proposed*. Considering another NPC for this is my expression of respect for the modmaker and a compliment that I like his/her mod and I try to give the pleasure I have received back with my contribution. If the modmaker does not like it, I will remove it, but I first like them to see what I propose.

3. Are there any NPCs besides Jen'lig(and Sandrah obviously) in BG1 that you made and are recruitable? Do you have any plans or ideas of adding some in the future potentially?

No and no.

IMO it should be best to first polish Sandrah as much as possible by adding any and all possible options to enrich the experience. That said once Sandrah reaches a level where she was polished enough it certainly would be nice to see another NPC introduced by yourself that could perhaps stick through most of the saga like Sandrah herself. Granted said NPC would be nowhere as polished since undoubtedly doing so with Sandrah required an colossal effort but even a fragment of that would still be impressive I think.

There comes a time where one modmaker hijacks the whole game, not a nice idea. The reason why such an old computer game attracts still thousands of players around the globe is the variety and the difference in viewpoints expressed. I like the Drizzt saga and incorporated it in my mod but I never fill my party with all of Drizzt's companions.

Maybe to add to replayability it should be a male NPC for a female PC and a female NPC for a male PC? Just a suggestion there. ^^

4. Speaking of other NPC mods, did you hear anything about if Breagar will be included in the next release of BWS? I cannot find him there no matter how hard I look. Granted I cannot install him now anyway now that I biffed the game but it would be a nice choice for future playthroughs as the readme seems to hint at there being rather plenty of content with him. Hmmm...

I found him and installed him by expanding the language options in BWS but he is still only in german while the AC_Quest mod from the same author is available in english as well. I think I mixed that in some recent post. Thus, should you install him, the only dialogues in english at this time are his banters with Sandrah.

The Sandrah Saga

#317 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:49 AM

Spoiler

So then:

Spoiler

That said speaking of plot relevant weapons do you plan to(or is there one already) add one to make some sort of effect on the plot? Like being necessary to unlock greater potential for the PC/destroy a seemingly indestructible baddie/hold some sort of interesting story like the broken sword that one can get early in Icewind Dale/A romance gift from Sandrah or other romanceable NPC/???

I care mostly about characters, plot, having many options/opportunities to affect both and general roleplaying possibilities but the chance of getting even just one super legendary and personal weapon for the PC sounds tempting.

Also...does the player got some way to keep items from BG1 while going into BG2 while using this mod? Normally one gets everything taken away for good once BG2 starts as far as I recall.

Edited by Samriel, 08 July 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#318 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:06 AM

The current mod has already more than you can find with one play through the whole game. I am always on the lookout for interesting new mods that I want to try myself, and consequently there will be crossmod contents added.

With RtF, this is a bit like SoA before modding started. With all the new towns/areas/cast it opens the possibility to add mods into this part for all those who find Amn already overcrowded.

I agree with you that that brings potential.  The problem is that your RTF mod requires Sandrah.  If it was more independent of Sandrah (Didn't require the Sandrah mod (and had it's own direct start button like ToB), it would have more potential and join the league of TDD, CTB, ROT, NEJ, and so forth.

#319 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

I agree with you that that brings potential.  The problem is that your RTF mod requires Sandrah.  If it was more independent of Sandrah (Didn't require the Sandrah mod (and had it's own direct start button like ToB), it would have more potential and join the league of TDD, CTB, ROT, NEJ, and so forth.

For good reason It is *Sandrah - Return to Faerun*.

The mod is a sequel to HER story, not a sequel to BGT. It is not an option to visit old and new areas and find new quests (well, this is there as well), it is foremost an epic quest that is triggered by the roles and duties the PC and Sandrah have chosen at the ToB end.

Her role in RtF is so closely tied to the PC's that both have to stay alive and together through RtF. It is the common enemies you have made in the past you fight and the final goal you achieve is probably more Sandrah's goal than even your own.

So, anyone who wants the sequel needs to drag this boring NPC through the whole game - who said that Sandrah could not be outright sinister?

The Sandrah Saga

#320 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:34 AM

I think Bisco meant that he wishes that he could start RtF right away to enjoy the adventure from the start rather than him disliking her.

While I think Sandrah is "evil" in a way for it being so hard to make her lose her composure I do not find the character boring at all myself. :P

Neither she seems to be a copy of other NPCs from BG1/BG2 or any mods that I recall which makes her rather original too and I enjoy that.

*Hoping that it becomes available to being able to interrupt her own flirts with my PC for the sheer awkwardness of it hehe*