Photo

[Removed] Sandrah NPC

• Please log in to reply
1192 replies to this topic

#201 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:41 AM

Use Big World Setup. It will save you a lot of time and is easier to use than BWP. Yes, Weidu is in order of first to last.

#202 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

Hi :cheers:

I had downloaded all 3 parts a few days back and noticed today's update :P While 2 files had their names changed, the third file wasn't version-upped (and SHS doesn't show me when a part of the mod was updated) so just wanted to ask whether SandrahRTF_V1b_Pt2.rar was also updated today :) (it's the biggest of the lot so... yeah :lol:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#203 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:01 AM

Use Big World Setup. It will save you a lot of time and is easier to use than BWP. Yes, Weidu is in order of first to last.

Doesn't Big World Setup just download the mods one is looking for?

Is there an option to just "activate" it without choosing which mods I want to download (as I already got them unpacked in my game folder)?

Also does the BWS also need to be in the game folder or it can be anywhere?

I find it a bit confusing as I do not know which option regarding the "Choose Mods and Components" is best to install Sandrah. Kreso's selection, Recommended BWP, Expert BWP...

So many options...

Edited by Samriel, 26 June 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#204 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:05 AM

I had downloaded all 3 parts a few days back and noticed today's update :P While 2 files had their names changed, the third file wasn't version-upped (and SHS doesn't show me when a part of the mod was updated) so just wanted to ask whether SandrahRTF_V1b_Pt2.rar was also updated today :) (it's the biggest of the lot so... yeah :lol:)

This part contains the tiz files of all the new areas and requires no update (I have described that in the installation description) I do not increase the version number of this file for the reason you stated - it is big and it is stable as I do not add new areas in this phase, so you do not need to download it again. When extracted, it will place the tiz files in the areas folder of SandrahRtF.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#205 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:09 AM

Is there an option to just "activate" it without choosing which mods I want to download (as I already got them unpacked in my game folder)?

I find it a bit confusing as I do not know which option regarding the "Choose Mods and Components" is best to install Sandrah. Kreso's selection, Recommended BWP, Expert BWP...

So many options...

This post should rather be in the BWP forum. http://www.shsforums.../58000-bwp-v15/

The Sandrah Saga

#206 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

So many options...
The options are just starting points. Choose one and then edit to your desires. You designate a folder where your mod downloads are. If you know for sure you have every mod downloaded that you want, you can skip the warining and continue. I would however let it try to download the components first. If you already have the right download, it will not redownload it.

You can run BWS anywhere unlike BWP. BWS will let you download and install the mods in a batch fashion (and let you install the game to a folder name of your choice easily.

Edited by Bill Bisco, 26 June 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#207 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:25 AM

This part contains the tiz files of all the new areas and requires no update (I have described that in the installation description) I do not increase the version number of this file for the reason you stated - it is big and it is stable as I do not add new areas in this phase, so you do not need to download it again. When extracted, it will place the tiz files in the areas folder of SandrahRtF.

Many thanks! :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#208 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

So many options...

This post should rather be in the BWP forum. http://www.shsforums.../58000-bwp-v15/

Whoops..sorry about that :(

From your own experiences as the mod creator which program looks to be the most efficient to install Sandrah?

Ah...and one more question. Should I install Baldur's Gate Trilogy first before using those programs or will they handle the installation of everything including installing BGT?

Edited by Samriel, 26 June 2015 - 10:52 AM.

#209 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5155 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:57 AM

Ah...and one more question. Should I install Baldur's Gate Trilogy first before using those programs or will they handle the installation of everything including installing BGT?
You can't use them if you have the BGT-weidu already installed... as the game needs to be a clean install.
But you install the BGT-weidu with them, so... just put the BGT's archive to the download folder the BWS uses and ou don't need to redownload it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#210 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:59 AM

BWS will install everything for you. Please give it a try. I assure you that when I say that it's the easiest, it is the easiest. For the amount of mods that Sandrah wants, it is highly recommended to use an auto install tool that will install everything in a tested order. BWS is not perfect, but it is still my #1 recommendation given the other methods. If you have suggestions, please make them in the other forum. ^_^

#211 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:00 AM

So many options...

From your own experiences as the mod creator which program looks to be the most efficient to install Sandrah?

It really depends on what and how you want to play the game.

The minimum installation I posted was done using the BWP manual and doing it manually - but I had already a repository of the required mods and a copy of the BGII-SoA folder etc and I knew how to handle the fixpack issues and so on. It can be done but it takes time and requires some experience and I only did it for test, not for really playing and enjoying the game. >>> so, not really recommended.

I would rather opt for Bill Bisco's hint and use the BWS, make a selection of all the mods I would like to play (maybe crosscheck that those required by SandrahNPC are included) and let the program run. The mod itself is much more fun if you have a lot of other mods installed.

The Sandrah Saga

#212 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

So many options...

The minimum installation I posted was done using the BWP manual and doing it manually - but I had already a repository of the required mods and a copy of the BGII-SoA folder etc and I knew how to handle the fixpack issues and so on. It can be done but it takes time and requires some experience and I only did it for test, not for really playing and enjoying the game. >>> so, not really recommended.

I would rather opt for Bill Bisco's hint and use the BWS, make a selection of all the mods I would like to play (maybe crosscheck that those required by SandrahNPC are included) and let the program run. The mod itself is much more fun if you have a lot of other mods installed.

I see, well obviously the preferred option is the one to enjoy the game as much as possible with as many options and story available as possible :)

Also checking your Weirdu log are mods and expansions like The Ritual, by Westley Weimer or Wand of Orcus also obligatory like the Drizzt Saga or just help to enjoy some aspects of the game more?

Edited by Samriel, 26 June 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#213 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:18 AM

BWS will install everything for you. Please give it a try. I assure you that when I say that it's the easiest, it is the easiest. For the amount of mods that Sandrah wants, it is highly recommended to use an auto install tool that will install everything in a tested order. BWS is not perfect, but it is still my #1 recommendation given the other methods. If you have suggestions, please make them in the other forum. ^_^

Alright then I'll ask you some more questions there to not get too off topic :)

#214 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

Alright then I'll ask you some more questions there to not get too off topic :)

Absolutely, we're all here to help :)

#215 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:37 AM

So many options...

I see, well obviously the preferred option is the one to enjoy the game as much as possible with as many options and story available as possible :)

Also checking your Weirdu log are mods and expansions like The Ritual, by Westley Weimer or Wand of Orcus also obligatory like the Drizzt Saga or just help to enjoy some aspects of the game more?

No, they are not, I think those are just part of BP mod. The method I used was to determine which mod was required at all, not looking into subcomponents. If I found I need a mod or part of a mod, I used the option selection from the BWP manual. Thus there may be some options that are not directly related to the Sandrah mod.

I did not install the added kit section of some mods just to save time and because I never use them.

I have not selected ToBex option to dual class any race because it is not fully useable for all races. Some more exotic races cause a CtD if you try to dual class them, e.g the githyanki NPC introduced by my mod.

The Sandrah Saga

#216 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:58 AM

So many options...

No, they are not, I think those are just part of BP mod. The method I used was to determine which mod was required at all, not looking into subcomponents. If I found I need a mod or part of a mod, I used the option selection from the BWP manual. Thus there may be some options that are not directly related to the Sandrah mod.

I did not install the added kit section of some mods just to save time and because I never use them.

I have not selected ToBex option to dual class any race because it is not fully useable for all races. Some more exotic races cause a CtD if you try to dual class them, e.g the githyanki NPC introduced by my mod.

Nice, then it will make matters easier when I use BWS.

Also one kinda silly question: I recall you said that AC_Quest was already released in English. Is that the same with Breagar NPC who as I recall is a fairly developed NPC addition for Sandrah but seemingly only in German? Do you recall when one can download those two mods in English as I found nothing about that on this site?

Sorry for the trouble and much appreciated!

#217 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

So many options...

Also one kinda silly question: I recall you said that AC_Quest was already released in English. Is that the same with Breagar NPC who as I recall is a fairly developed NPC addition for Sandrah but seemingly only in German? Do you recall when one can download those two mods in English as I found nothing about that on this site?

AC-quest and Braegar are two different mods but obviously created by the same author.

Breagar is available in english in version6.09 which I used to create some crossmod contents for Sandrah.

AC_Quest is a collection of some smaller episodes in BG1, there is also some crossmod stuff for some of them in the Sandrah mod. It looks like there is no english translation for that mod also the linklist claims there is. Most likely I did my own translation for the parts related to Sandrah, it has been some time since I worked on that issue.

The Sandrah Saga

#218 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:58 PM

So many options...

AC-quest and Braegar are two different mods but obviously created by the same author.

Breagar is available in english in version6.09 which I used to create some crossmod contents for Sandrah.

AC_Quest is a collection of some smaller episodes in BG1, there is also some crossmod stuff for some of them in the Sandrah mod. It looks like there is no english translation for that mod also the linklist claims there is. Most likely I did my own translation for the parts related to Sandrah, it has been some time since I worked on that issue.

Thanks!!

Also, is the Ascension mod compatible with Sandrah or for best flow of the story should I avoid installing it?

#219 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

So many options...

Thanks!!

Also, is the Ascension mod compatible with Sandrah or for best flow of the story should I avoid installing it?

I quote from Leonardo's Big World Install Guide:"Ascension is one the most popular mods at all, but as long as he is not fundamentally revised, it causes troubles in each configuration. Ascension is about the only mod that should be installed before the BG2 fixpack.
The Big Picture mod contains its own, improved version of this mod.
Ascension is fully compatible with SCS, however, the version of Ascension that is included in the Big Picture mod is
not compatible with SCS.
The component 'Tougher Illasera' needs to be installed before BGT-WeiDU, since AR4000.BCS is replaced, resulting
in all the BG1 dream cutscenes occurring at rest in a Throne of Bhaal game."

For that reason I always used the BP version. Any of the versions is required if you want to finish the Sandrah's mod and continue into the sequel RtF. Personally, for me the best combination is BP Ascension + Longer Road. (At that time in the game Sandrah is no longer the enthusiastic young priestess she was in the beginning and her interplay with Irenicus through ToB may be quite some interesting addition to the game. Furthermore LR brings Jon back from the abyss and makes him available for RtF later.)

The Sandrah Saga

#220 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

So many options...

Thanks!!

I quote from Leonardo's Big World Install Guide:"Ascension is one the most popular mods at all, but as long as he is not fundamentally revised, it causes troubles in each configuration. Ascension is about the only mod that should be installed before the BG2 fixpack.
The Big Picture mod contains its own, improved version of this mod.
Ascension is fully compatible with SCS, however, the version of Ascension that is included in the Big Picture mod is
not compatible with SCS.
The component 'Tougher Illasera' needs to be installed before BGT-WeiDU, since AR4000.BCS is replaced, resulting
in all the BG1 dream cutscenes occurring at rest in a Throne of Bhaal game."

For that reason I always used the BP version. Any of the versions is required if you want to finish the Sandrah's mod and continue into the sequel RtF. Personally, for me the best combination is BP Ascension + Longer Road. (At that time in the game Sandrah is no longer the enthusiastic young priestess she was in the beginning and her interplay with Irenicus through ToB may be quite some interesting addition to the game. Furthermore LR brings Jon back from the abyss and makes him available for RtF later.)

I see, so instead of putting a regular version of Ascension with BWS it is best to use BP? I heard that BP makes Ascension compatible with Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition 2 but since Sandrah seems to be aimed for BGT play then I did pay not mind to BP.

Since Sandrah got so much stuff with Irenicus then I guess its a good thing that I had not yet started my BWS install yet. I though of limiting the mods to only the absolutely needed ones to see if it all goes smoothly with no compatibility issues due to installing too many mods.

So I guess it is preferable to choose the Longer Road over Ascension(plus Redemption)?