• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

This might be of interest to some of you: a gamer recreated the entire game of Bladur's Gate in the Neverwinter Nights engine, so if you own NWN2 and its expansions (Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zephyr, which was avaliable under the name Platinum Edition; available on GOG), you can download the mod and experience BG in 3D.

Baldur's Gate: Reloaded mod recreates classic game in 3D @ Polygon
Holy Hell, This Guy Re-Created All Of Baldur's Gate In 3D @ Kotaku Australia

Edited by Eleima, 05 June 2013 - 11:00 PM.
added GOG link

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#2 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:56 AM

This would be really cool if I didn't dislike the Aurora engine so much...nonetheless, looks like a crazy amount of work. Kind of tempted to try it, even so...

#3 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

The only thing better then this would be if it were in the Eclipse engine that DA:O uses :P 

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#4 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Which is actually here: Baldur's Gate II Redux in DAO engine, Module 1. There's also the second module, but it's currently hidden. 

#5 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Which is actually here: Baldur's Gate II Redux in DAO engine, Module 1. There's also the second module, but it's currently hidden. 

Aye, I've heard of it.  Hopefully one day they will finish the whole thing!  Will be quite a treat if they do...

Edited by Vicen, 06 June 2013 - 10:14 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#6 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

It's still being worked on:)  But I have been preoccupied with the EE.  

Cool about the NWN engine BG!  I know how much work that is.

#7 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

I'm definitely going to try it, since I like NWN 2 and I have no problem with the engine.

They also added a ****ton of new classes, so I'm already stuck with picking a character :)

After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

You mean there are extra BG2 classes in addition to Neverwinter Night 2 ones? Uh-oh. But you still can pick a female wood elven monk with 20 strength from the begnning, right? 

#9 Scars Unseen

Scars Unseen
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

You mean there are extra BG2 classes in addition to Neverwinter Night 2 ones? Uh-oh. But you still can pick a female wood elven monk with 20 strength from the begnning, right? 

I'm pretty sure Pain Elemental is referring to the inclusion of Kaedrin's Prestige Class Pack.  That mod adds a dizzying number of prestige classes and a few base classes to boot.  To my knowledge there are no Baldur's Gate specific classes, especially since the added classes in BG2 were taken from D&D 3.0 in the first place.

Still, there is a lot of content to process.  I ended up making a Warlock.  

#10 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5155 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

I'm pretty sure Pain Elemental is referring to the inclusion of Kaedrin's Prestige Class Pack.  That mod adds a dizzying number of prestige classes and a few base classes to boot.  To my knowledge there are no Baldur's Gate specific classes, especially since the added classes in BG2 were taken from D&D 3.0 in the first place.

But how would you go and make the two mods compatible ?
Or any NWN 2 mods compatible, they all have the edited vanilla dialog.tlk file in their file systems... so ?
Ah, never mind they already have the mod included in the very first downloaded file ...part 1-794-0.rar

Edited by The Imp, 08 June 2013 - 02:27 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.