Photo

BWP install crashing after Imoen's conversation/start of ToB

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

>> The actual issue is described in a post on the 2nd page, feel free to skip this thing here.

Hey guise. I've been a rabid fangirl of BWP for a long long time (lost my old account here though :o), I've played BG with it I don't know, three times over the years? So I'm not a complete greenie. Although the project develops rapidly (that's great!), I wonder about a few quick things that are quite difficult to find amongst the massive documentation (which I read whole once upon a time, actually).

1. is it possible now to install BWP only for BG2? Last time I remember there were some mentions of it, but it wasn't decided/I wasn't interested anyway.

2. how about the other big mods, which one of those work flawlessly with one another now? BG2 in mind only again.

3. balance. Could someone please be so kind as to point me to the mods that break the game's balance? I don't want powerful items out of place and for free, I don't want 10 bags of holding in Irenicus dungeon, I don't want enemies that I would HAVE to ctrl+y. I remember last time I played I had mistakenly installed some mods like that and they majorly spoiled the fun for me, I had troubles finding the perpetrators then and troubles removing them. I'd love to avoid that. I'll be SUPER grateful if someone could tell me about those mods/point to a list of such.

Thank you very much guys for working on BWP, I'm forever grateful for your hard work and trust me when I say this - you are making one girl over here very happy <3 I used to mod BG when BWP wasn't up and that was difficult.

Hugs,
~Echo

Edited by Echo, 13 September 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

If you relate to BWP, I think the development isn't that rapid anymore. ;)

Yes, you can install without BG1 (but not without ToB).

These Mods don't get installed without BGT:

The Big BG1 Mods=DarkHorizons,drizztsaga,DSotSC,NTotSC,NTotSCv171,Bonehillv275
BG1 Quest Mods=AC_QUEST,bgqe,bg1ub,JA#BGT_AdvPack,SirinesCall,NMT,TGC1E,SOA,Vault
BG1 NPC Mods=ACBre,Askaria,ChaosKnight,FinchNPCv3,gavin,Huple_NPC,IndiNPC,MulgoreXaviaNPC,Mur'Neth,Rose
BG1 NPC-Related Mods=AjantisBG1,bg1npc,BG1NPCMusic,coranbgfriend,garrick_flirt,XanBG1Friend
BG1 Tactical Encounters=aurora(some),BGSpawn,BPv180(some),scs
BG1 Rules And Tweaks=BGTTweak,BP-Balancer(some),DrizztIsNotStupid,HardTimes,JA#BGT_Tweak,JondalarFix,NMTP(some),Turambar_fixes_tweaks(some)
BG1 Stores And Items=BGTNeJ(some),BW_Herbs,ktweaks(some),LostItems,NeJ2v68(some),NeJ2v691(some),NML,thalan
Other BG1 Mods=BG1TP,BGT-NPCSound,BGTMusic,BGTNeJ2,gavin_bg2_bgt,GUI,lightmaps,NSCPortraits(some),TxtMusic
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Thanks.

In the world of mods for a game this old, any development is a rapid development! Well maybe aside *some* mods <points to a direction known to herself> who are just... snaily.

I obviously do want ToB installed. Hm, I'll have to look at the installers then and figure them out, glad to know there's an option :) From what I saw on screenshots a lot has changed.

#4 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

1PP v4 is not included until now if you mean that. :D

Edited by dabus, 12 September 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#5 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

I actually meant one interesting monk that's been in development for 5 or more years I think :D

BUT OH MY GODS THIS THING DOWNLOADS THE NEWEST VERSIONS OF MODS I PICKED AND DOES AUTOMATIC BACKUP AND INSTALLS EVERYTHING AND POINTS ME EVERY DAMN CONFLICT WITH MOD OR COMPONENT AND AND AND AND AND... *tears up with tears of love*

WHOM SHOULD I HUG TO DEATH, PEOPLE, WHOM?!

Posted Image

Edited by Echo, 12 September 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#6 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Nevermind. Installing TDD after all seemed to take care of the reported issues from the first checks... But.

EDIT: Actually I still have some issues with BG v180 installation. It seems to have gotten itself removed from the installation? I've caught Improved Illasera and Improved Yaga-Shura not wanting to install so far because of that base missing. AFAIR BP was an important mod so it worries me somewhat.

I got some excerpt from the debug file on the subject:

Installing [Improved Illasera] [v180 c BWP patch]
Checking for required files ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Compiling 2 scripts ...
Compiling 1 script ...

[BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/ILLA/BAF/CORE/bpcken2b.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 77 column 1-60
Near Text: )
	[CheckStatGT] argument [WIZARD_FIRE_SHIELD] not found in [Stats.IDS]

[BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/ILLA/BAF/CORE/bpcken2b.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 254 column 1-38
	unknown object SPECIFIC specifier [SIMULACRUM]

[BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/ILLA/BAF/CORE/bpcken2b.BAF]  ERROR at line 254 column 1-38
	Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/ILLA/BAF/CORE/bpcken2b.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/ILLA/BAF/CORE/bpcken2b.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/ILLA/BAF/CORE/bpcken2b.BAF]!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Improved Illasera], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   3 files for [SETUP-BPV180.TP2] component 19.
Uninstalled	  3 files for [SETUP-BPV180.TP2] component 19.
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BPV180.DEBUG to The BP Crew
Automatically Skipping [Improved Illasera] because of error.
Using Language [English]

Installing [Improved Yaga-Shura] [v180 c BWP patch]
Checking for required files ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Compiling 2 scripts ...
Compiling 1 script ...

[BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/YAGA/BAF/CORE/bpcber2b.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 77 column 1-60
	[CheckStatGT] argument [WIZARD_FIRE_SHIELD] not found in [Stats.IDS]

[BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/YAGA/BAF/CORE/bpcber2b.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 253 column 1-38
	unknown object SPECIFIC specifier [SIMULACRUM]

[BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/YAGA/BAF/CORE/bpcber2b.BAF]  ERROR at line 253 column 1-38
	Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/YAGA/BAF/CORE/bpcber2b.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/YAGA/BAF/CORE/bpcber2b.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/YAGA/BAF/CORE/bpcber2b.BAF]!

ERROR Installing [Improved Yaga-Shura], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   3 files for [SETUP-BPV180.TP2] component 20.
Uninstalled	  3 files for [SETUP-BPV180.TP2] component 20.
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BPV180.DEBUG to The BP Crew
Automatically Skipping [Improved Yaga-Shura] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[dialog.tlk] created, 143022 string entries
[dialogf.tlk] created, 143022 string entries

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  Ascension for BP

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Illasera

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Yaga-Shura

F:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>Ascension for BP (Big Picture (BP)) was installed successfully.

ERROR: parsing [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/ILLA/BAF/CORE/bpcken2b.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/ILLA/BAF/CORE/bpcken2b.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/ILLA/BAF/CORE/bpcken2b.BAF]!
Improved Illasera (Big Picture (BP)) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.
[c]
Removing BPv180 #19

ERROR: parsing [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/YAGA/BAF/CORE/bpcber2b.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/YAGA/BAF/CORE/bpcber2b.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/YAGA/BAF/CORE/bpcber2b.BAF]!
Improved Yaga-Shura (Big Picture (BP)) was not installed due to errors.
The following will not be installed without the component:

Sword Coast Stratagems II (SCSII):
6210: Smarter Illasera

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.
[c]
Removing scsII #6210
Removing BPv180 #20"

Edited by Echo, 12 September 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Could you please attach the entire Debug.txt (preferably zip/rar/7zed :P) in a post?

The thing you got suggests some BWPFixpack patch didn't apply properly so... yeah :D

Re: Big mods working flawlessly with each other
Almost all of them have got updates and there are loads of compatibility patches (BP, Tethyr Forest Patch, InfinityAnimations) that have been made so any bugs you might get are usually from the individual mods themselves and not cause of them messing with each other ^_^

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#8 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

Nuuuu! So that's some serious issue? D: Damnity damn.

I can't post full debug because it's not yet finished installing, I fell asleep mid-install and it stopped asking me to agree not to install TuTu component because there's no TuTu ;D

Then again, it's refreshing to sleep on the floor every once and a while, I highly recommend.

And by the way, Lollorian, I remember your nick from AGES ago here :D So nice to see a familiar forum entity!

#9 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

Could also be a log if BWS was also used for installation. Then it would be in BiG World Setup\Logs-folder and then the Debug for the install-prozess.

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Eh nah you probably won't see anything too serious :P I hope... :ph34r: Maybe some stupid AI in some fights :P

Like dabus said, the logs are saved as files as well, so you could just attach them here even if your install is still running (the BWPFixpack stuff is right at the start so that should already be in there :P)

Moi, a forum entity eh? :D Has it been that long? *feels old*

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#11 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

That's funny I believe these issues with the "Improved %Bhaalspawn%" components are to blame on me... I'd have to recheck the whole thing but they may require the installation of BP-Core (For IDS ectensions) while I reported they weren't necessary :whistling:
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#12 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

Okay, so the installation is finished, logs attached below. Now if someone would be sooo kind and tell me:

1. Are any of the errors bad/what to do about them?

2. If I play and encounter a bug and have to add/remove a mod, will my save still work?

3. If I'll want to add an NPC-related mod later on to this installation, will that be a problem? How to go about it?

4. I've had the installer ask me to skip a few things. I think they're BG1-related, but just to be sure, letting you know, in case something was wrong because of that :o

Oooh and I remembered the Duo Terror Bugs - stuttering of the characters and stuttering of the camera (when trying to scroll up or down over the location). Are those still serious affliction in todays' installations, or has the cure been found?

Log-wise: some of the mods were not installed from what I see. Now I don't really care about:

Mod: Volcanic Armoury
Mod: A Mod for the Orderly (CliffKey)
Mod: Mhoram NPC
Mod: Cursed Items Revision

But I would love to have:

Mod: Improved Asylum

Mod: Big Picture (BP)
Component: Improved Illasera
Component: Improved Yaga-Shura

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems II (SCSII)
Component: Smarter Illasera
Component: Smarter Yaga-Shura

Mod: Infinity Animations Core (WeiDU-Beta) [I do want this, right?]

All in all it doesn't seem too bad, does it? For the amount of mods that I have now.

EDIT since there be some replies :D I know the logs were there, but I was fully expecting MOAR bugs to pop out so I'd rather just post them all at once xD

Lollorian - I've first registered here around 2006! So we're old together :< And I keep losing accounts - including their name. Too many of those on the internet over the years xD

Attached Files

Edited by Echo, 13 September 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

BiG World Install Debug.txt 22.61MB

... and that's why zip/rar/7z :crying: You'll be surprised at how small it gets :P

Edited by Lollorian, 13 September 2012 - 02:33 AM.

#14 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

Psh! Informaticians :D When I see a file with 22mb I think "uu, tiny!" :D Fixed. Should be even tinier now.

#15 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Lots of stuff messed up with your IDS files :(

@dabus: Would it be possible to copy the contents of "BiG World Fixpack\_IDS files Backup" into the override BEFORE the installation actually starts? :P That should foolproof the IDS stuff that's been popping up recently...

For extra caution, only the SPELL.IDS and STATE.IDS need to be copied :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 13 September 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#16 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

One thing for NM-Relationship mod (Teammates scripts) and Macholy's fighting scripts : All instances of WIZARD_KHELBENS_WARDING_WHIP should be WIZARD_WARDING_WHIP I believe. (in BAF files)

Improved Asylum DS component fails to install for some reason (looks like TP2 code errors) so the whole mod fails to install.

BP Improved stuff may not fail if any version of DS (from ImpAsylum or BP-Core) is installed before.

Edited by Beleg33, 13 September 2012 - 03:02 AM.

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#17 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

I have no idea what an .IDS file is so I don't even know how bad it is and all, guise :P I spend my life playing with colors, if I need to do something here I need to be spoken to like you would speak to a blondie.

Edited by Echo, 13 September 2012 - 03:06 AM.

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

IDS lines help scripts identify certain stuff :ph34r: Eg: STATE_DEAD in STATE.IDS tells the game that the character is well.. dead :P

The errors came up because WeiDU couldn't identify what they meant (because they weren't present in the IDS)

@Beleg33: BG2Fixpack's modder pack and TS25Minimod add:
APPEND ~spell.ids~ ~2705 WIZARD_KHELBENS_WARDING_WHIP~ UNLESS ~WIZARD_KHELBENS_WARDING_WHIP~  // dupe of WIZARD_WARDING_WHIP

But NMR shouldn't depend on that now :cheers:

@Echo: You might wanna reinstall after a while :P Some of those mods seem to be outdated because the patches aren't being applied properly.

Wait for dabus to give the go or something when the links have been updated :D

Edited by Lollorian, 13 September 2012 - 03:19 AM.

#19 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

The happy-modder thing is likely to be deprecated, expecting modders to extend IDS as necessary... No mod should rely on that mod-component, or any other mod to do it.

Same applies to BP Improved components that should probably REQUIRE MOD_IS_INSTALLED "setup-bpv180" "0" or something if the components themselves don't do the required APPENDage

#20 Echo

Echo
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

Okay, that sounds serious :( I'll go make myself a custom soundset and pick a portrait and will check here soon/come running in tears if the game doesn't work.

Cause while I do understand it's best that the game DOES know when I/someone else kicks the bucket, I have no idea how to fix any of that for now *counting on you, yes :3 *