Photo

Skeleton problems

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HRose

HRose
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

This is what happens when my priest summons undead the first time she got the spell:

Posted Image

I guess it's related to this.

I've tried the Turambar fix, but it did nothing.

So I tried uninstall the "Distinctive Undead: v5" and now I have my skeletons back, they are GREEN, but at least they are skeletons.

Is this a known problem? If so why it wasn't fixed? It seems odd since I'd guess the summon undead spell is quite popular...

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

This is a known issue and AFAIK corrected by Turambar's fix. The IA code is currently too complex to implement a simple fix for this but I expected Turambar's fix to be implemented in the BWP Fixpack (some time ago actually). As for "green skeletons" they are probably just ghouls, which was the problem with some other mod in the first place.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:35 AM

Green skeletons from Animate Dead are vanilla. They have some funky colouring going.

#4 HRose

HRose
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

I tried installing Turambar's fix before I uninstalled "Distinctive Undead", but it didn't work.

#5 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

The IA code is currently too complex to implement a simple fix for this

I get how a thing like this could have occurred, but I don't get why you say this. The problem is not that the ghast is red. The problem is that you change it into a ghast. But ghastsu.cre is not a ghast, it never was a ghast and it should not be a ghast. From what I can see, the code makes a single reference to the file. Removing ghastsu.cre from the ghast list completely and correctly fixes the problem. I don't see anything complex about it.

#6 -Miloch-

-Miloch-

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Yes, Wisp, it is an easy fix and I fixed it locally some time ago, but I have also been working on quite a few other changes/enhancements, so the current development version of IA is quite different from the current released version. Since you seem to have some development experience, I'm sure you understand that. It's kinda like me saying "say, change X to mod X (i.e. Item Randomiser, Kelsey, etc.) is easy - why don't you release a new version?" We don't use git or anything like that... I suppose we could but as to the code I am currently the only maintainer (feel free to take it over if you want :P - I think you've hitherto rejected that proposal anyhow) so it would be more work than it is worth, and in any case, it is difficult enough for me to do and upload changes in between travelling, work, thesis, etc. Finally, if (as I thought) there is an existing fix out there, it is not terribly high priority for me to fix something that fix also addresses, especially if it concerns the mere appearance of a creature as opposed to a game-crashing issue.

#7 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

Yes, Wisp, it is an easy fix and I fixed it locally some time ago, but I have also been working on quite a few other changes/enhancements, so the current development version of IA is quite different from the current released version.

Oh, you mean comlex like that. Well, you could take the version that is currently available to the public, make the corrections to that and release it as a new version. No need to involve any more of that other stuff you have been working on than you really have to. But as you say, the issue is rather minor, so maybe it is not worth the bother.

#8 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

This one's not so 'complex' as the last skeleton issue....

I saw another problem with the Skeleton Warriors, and tracked it down to this mod (via windows search, dltcep and weidu.log). Your code is setting their General field as "Monster", when it should be left as "Undead". This affects a lot of hardcoded and scripted behavior alike in relation to them. No longer can clerics turn/control them, e.g.

The real giveaway for me was when I saw Imoen trying to backstab one of them while using the BP Series scripts. This naturally caused me to look into it, as I was just bug-fixing that code the night before. My conditional check for General(...,UNDEAD) was still in place....

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

And the Vecna mod does this too :lol:

Line 11 of t-skelwa.tpa in both mods need to WRITE_BYTE 0x271 4 //General (undead) instead of WRITE_BYTE 0x271 255 //General (monster) :P

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

This is intentional. Skeleton warriors cannot be turned per PnP rules. Before someone else objects to putting these kinds of fixes in an animation mod, it's redundant to what's already in existing fixpacks (at least BG1 certainly from what I recall) possibly even the unmodded game if they did it correctly, which they sometimes did. Maybe SCS too, and I'm kinda surprised BP doesn't set the field correctly. The intention here is to enforce field consistency when making global .cre changes. Sex and gender are particularly buggered in many cases; we have to pay special attention to those because they're linked to casting sounds, which would other be inconsistent with the sound 2DAs and files the mod provides.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle