Photo

Drizzt Saga- Regis says nothing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 superbai

superbai
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

I have the most recent version of BGT standard installed, and I am ready to embark on drizzt saga. I have drizzt in my party, but I cannot go to 9Hells or Icewind dale because in Ulgoth's Beard, Regis has nothing to say to me. I think I talked to Regis before drizzt joined, and that may have messed up the triggering mechanism. Is there a CLUAConsole global that I can set to trigger the Regis talk so I can go to 9Hells and Icewind Dale?

Thanks.

Edited by superbai, 17 April 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#2 Soul oWAR

Soul oWAR
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Same thing just happened to me... I had 2 drizzt that spawned in the Inn... but when I leave the inn with drizzt , regis come to me but doesn't want to talk... anything I can do with the CLUAConsole to fix this?

#3 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

I guess this qualifies as necroing the thread, and the two posters above probably gave up or figured things out by now, but watever. I think I might know the problem.

Do you two have The One Drizzt installed? I THINK that's the one that replaces the drizzt saga Drizzt (cre name: F_DRIZZT) with a different one (DRIZI2 I think.) The problem is that the dialog files of the Drizzt Saga NPCs, in my game anyway, look for CRE. DRIZZ2 or some such. What you COULD do is this:

Open NearInfinity->DLG section. Click on any of them and press F. All the dialog scripts starting with F_ (F_REGIS is the one you need) are from Drizzt Saga NPCs. At the very first dialog that shows up under F_Regis, there's check: InParty("F_DRIZZT"). It was InParty("DRIZZ2" at first for me).

Now, open your saved game, also with NeaInfinity, NOT shadokeeper. Check Drizzt under party members and see what the script name, and maybe override script name (NOT class or race script) is (It coincides with the CRE file name, in this case anyway). If that name does NOT coincide with the one in the dialog check above, you need to go through all DRIZZT SAGA NPC dialogs (like the F_REGIS above) files and replace ALL instances of InParty("DRIZI2 / whatever") to the name of the script file in your save game (F_DRIZZT for me). That means Elminster (F_ELMINS), marilith, regis 2, all of them.

Don't freak out. There aren't many instances where the dialog checks for Drizzt's presence.

I THINK there might be a shorter way involving cre file renaming in override, but I haven't found it. Anyway, this should fix the problem regardless of what is causing it.

Edited by Sebastian, 09 June 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#4 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hello, i now have Drizzt in party, Regis starts walking to me, but no dialog is initiated.. When I manually want to start dialog, nothing happens, only Regis has nothing to say... How to fix, or start the quest Properly? Thank you for responding.

#5 CavaliereITA73

CavaliereITA73
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2024 - 09:09 AM

good morning everyone: I'm revisiting this old discussion.
I have the same problem: I finished Durlag's tower perfectly and met Drizzt who asked me to meet him

at Ugolth Beard's inn.

I go there, I join him, I go out and Regis approaches me....... but he doesn't say anything!!! what can I do?

#6 CavaliereITA73

CavaliereITA73
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2024 - 04:57 AM

no one know how resolve?

#7 paladin84

paladin84
  • Modder
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 July 2024 - 05:46 AM

Based on the f_regis.d file if the creature "F_DRIZZT" is in party, the dialog should be started properly. What version of the mod do you use?

#8 CavaliereITA73

CavaliereITA73
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2024 - 12:43 PM

version 3.

Yes; i have "F_DRIZZT" in party.....

#9 paladin84

paladin84
  • Modder
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 July 2024 - 04:53 AM

Idk then how it can be that screwed. Do you know how to use NI? I would removed any conditions from this dialog now in NI (without reinstalling the mod) to test if the dialog works at all. Eg change the condition InParty("F_DRIZZT") to True()...

#10 CavaliereITA73

CavaliereITA73
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 July 2024 - 08:50 AM

Thanks a lot for the answer.
yes I know how to use NI (a little). I NEED TO KNOW which file to intervene on......

#11 paladin84

paladin84
  • Modder
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 July 2024 - 09:33 AM

It is f_regis.dlg file.

#12 Roberciiik

Roberciiik
  • Modder
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 July 2024 - 01:27 AM

I suggested similar solution here: https://github.com/B...-Saga/issues/29

Please do not open multiple bug reports on various sites. 

#13 CavaliereITA73

CavaliereITA73
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2024 - 10:32 AM

It is f_regis.dlg file.

it works perfectly!!!
Thank you so much

I suggested similar solution here: https://github.com/B...-Saga/issues/29
Please do not open multiple bug reports on various sites. 

A thousand thanks.
I posted on multiple forums because I couldn't find the solution.
If necessary I can delete them......

Edited by skellytz, 11 July 2024 - 11:51 AM.
merged two posts in a row