Photo

Comments on BGEE & BG2EE News

• Please log in to reply
1123 replies to this topic

#481 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

As I recall, the books weren't great... Yeah, I'll be withholding judgement on DLC, but I'm not sure that's what interests me more. I'd be perfectly satisfied with the original experience remastered, with HD graphics. New content that I have to pay extra for? Not so much.

HD graphics ain't gonna happen since the original artwork as lost by bioware (or overwritten on their tape backup system from back in the day apparently). They will allow scaling to higher resolutions (which should look like the widescreen mod I guess). Also will be available on IPAD and MAC. They are only doing BG1 - so far. Will have two new adventures (probably similar to the TOSC added new adventures although one of the new ones is directly in the bhaalspawn storyline). Will also have new NPCs and new areas and interjections. Later on they plan to add new NPCs and stuff as DLCs but promised not to sell new +3 furry earings as a DLC so something a little more substantial than that.

That's it so far.

Edited by smeagolheart, 02 July 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#482 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Granted, my mind took the "high res" to HD shortcut, but I'm still skeptical. Even if the DLC is substantial, I'm unsure that a lot of people would go all out and paid for added content when there are so many high quality, free mods out there.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#483 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

GeN1e got me, the only reason I'm mad is because none of my mods are in EE >:(

#484 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

Finally, some good news! I was beginning to lose all hope.

More time? Well, the price (probably) isn't changing, so that just means they're (probably) going to work on it more. Yay. And we're not stuck using a third party DRM system if we don't want to! Also yay!

#485 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

Correct, due to contract structure and having the various stores involved, to play on PC, iPad and Mac would require three purchases.

Trent, why must you hurt me
It only requires two purchases, why do you have to keep things complicated?

#486 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Isn't the app store basically the same for Macs and the iDevices?
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#487 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:34 AM

Somehow, I doubt it was Trent's will to make it two different purchases for Mac and iPad...

#488 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Well I have to be angry at someone.
It is completely the same, so you could make it two purchases, app store and whatever Trent uses for the PC or Steam and app store for iPad.

#489 Gaspare

Gaspare
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

1PP has been officially included into BGEE.

#490 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

1PP has been officially included into BGEE.

Source please? :)

#491 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

http://twitter.com/trentoster
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#492 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:10 AM

Good. She deserves it.

-Y-

#493 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

New counter on the BG:EE website, supposedly leading to a major news update since it reads "What is Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition? When can I get? What will it cost?". I think I spotted a new portrait in the background tapestry, too...

#494 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

Two new portraits. Huzzah (they're disappointing)

#495 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm not too fond of the orc-ish portrait (though seeing it in color may change my mind), but I really like the other two!

#496 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

The blonde with staff has replaced Jaheira :WTF:

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#497 -Atian-

-Atian-

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

The blonde with staff has replaced Jaheira :WTF:

Nah, the way she's holding her staff seems more magelike. I think she's probably some new NPC added to the game, or a new character portrait, or both.

#498 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

Yeh I guess they just moved Jaheira out of the picture with Khalid ;p I like her portrait and the bald guy's, the half-orc not so much... he better have 19 STR and awesome voice-acting to potentially replace Minsc

#499 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

If you want a picture of the future, imagine me laughing at BGEE's price, forever

And at the anime elves, the rebellious orc son and the IwD-style dungeon crawling instead of the adventure. This is terrible, BGEE will bomb so hard, the Tsar Bomb will be a measly lightbulb in comparison.

Edited by Almateria, 26 July 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#500 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

Uhm wow, lots going on at baldursgate.com.
  • New Adventure:
The Black Pits
Spoiler
  • New Character:
Rasaad yn Bashir
Spoiler
  • New Character:
Neera the Wild Mage
Spoiler
  • New Character:
Dorn Il-Khan
Spoiler

• Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Features
Spoiler

Also; http://www.beamdog.c...nhanced-edition

Edited by Dakk, 26 July 2012 - 11:43 AM.