1123 replies to this topic

#461 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hitler, Napoleon.

Or Barack Obama, pick two according to your political beliefs.
(You should probably pick Hitler as one of those though)

Edited by Almateria, 21 June 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#462 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Or Barack Obama, pick two according to your political beliefs.

*throws a washtub on Almateria's head*

Anyway, yea, having a private forum sucks. But, they hope to make it public soon.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#463 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

Let's keep politics out of this thread, please, guys. :)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#464 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

It's just that their forums are full of people thinking they'll have an impact on the game with their suggestions, requests, and demands. If they try to satisfy even 10% of just the reasonable ones, they'll surely miss the deadline. And if not, they're just pandering to the peasants the same way Bioware's done the last 2+ years.

Edited by phordicus, 21 June 2012 - 09:33 PM.

Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#465 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

The BG:EE forums will become public when WotC says they can become public. It sucks, but that's how things are.

#466 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image

Trent why do you have to disappoint me so :(

#467 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

Wait, what? You mean you *liked* D&D 4th Ed.? :o

Also, were there really room for further disappointment in your opinion of Trent Oster? I was under the assumption you already hated the guy.

#468 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

4E is my favourite edition :(

And disappointment is actually a left-closed interval, it can only go up. (It totally will)

#469 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

OT: Yea, 4E is one of the good editions, actually. Then again, it's the only edition I've played, given my late start into D&D.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#470 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

My dislike for 4th Ed. D&D is genuine. My favorite is 2nd Ed. AD&D (the revised version with the black cover manuals), with all the flaws it may have. 3rd Ed. had a few good things, but broke several I hold dear.

#471 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

So much negativity!!! BG:EE is gonna be a great thing for modders and players alike. Trust me.

#472 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

Paid DLC news. So now they're talking about adding canonical content to a game that was finished a decade ago - I don't know, Trent. Did you really think this through or was money a primary concern?

The fact that Trent Oster is an ex-BioWarian (yes, that's a word) doesn't mean much to me... the original development team will not be polled regarding the new content, so I'm not too enthusiastic about this. I'm fine with modding (obviously), but that's because no modder has ever claimed to be developing canonical content. You can't just give a startup (overhauling) developer the rights to muck about adding canonical content, and say that this is the official story now.

And yes, I'm nitpicky enough to care about the "official story".

#473 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

I'm not sure the DLC content is going to be canonical. Trent never said that: all he said is that they plan on having some to-pay-for DLC content in the form of new NPCs and storylines (which may as well be entirely optional, like sidequests).

#474 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

Paid DLC - for a 10 years old game? I would rather have the Civ-style modding that I suggested back in the Reddit.

#475 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

It's likely just more side content in new areas. Other than filling in a few minor plot holes, there's not much that can be done with the main quest.
Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#476 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

There's also a possibility for total-conversion-style new adventures unrelated to bhaalspawn saga. At least that's what I understood from a tweet about Adventure X and Y like over a month ago on Trent Oster's account.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#477 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

The first paid DLC will be a total conversion based on the books, you heard it from me first

#478 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

Paid mods DLCs for BG2? Riiiight. Seems like they'll fit right in on Blackwyrme forums. Is Sikret a BGEE developer yet?

On a more serious note, I don't think it's necessary a bad idea - DAO is old and I'd still buy any content for it made by the original team. Key words: original team. Any "core" and "canonical" content created by the guys who moped the floor or wrote cut lines for Lady Delcia(or, more seriously, likely had no access to the original core storyline) - um, no. At the very least, I want to see it before I buy it.

#479 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:32 AM

As I recall, the books weren't great... Yeah, I'll be withholding judgement on DLC, but I'm not sure that's what interests me more. I'd be perfectly satisfied with the original experience remastered, with HD graphics. New content that I have to pay extra for? Not so much.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#480 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

Paid mods DLCs for BG2? Riiiight. Seems like they'll fit right in on Blackwyrme forums. Is Sikret a BGEE developer yet?

Last I heard, Sikret worked on DA. There is no other sensible explanation why the press would have called it to be so damn hard.

DAO is old and I'd still buy any content for it made by the original team. Key words: original team. Any "core" and "canonical" content created by the guys who moped the floor or wrote cut lines for Lady Delcia(or, more seriously, likely had no access to the original core storyline) - um, no.

It never ceases to amuse me how some people keep thinking the world is static and never changes. Even the "original team" would not deliver the same content after three years, let alone over a decade. And not even because they'd be in EA's employment now, but due to a simple fact that old canonical content would have ingrained itself deeply into fans' minds and anything else would appear non-truE to them.

The question is - would one pay for a sizeable amount of content made with quality? Hint #1 - how many mods matching the quality of the original have been developed during the existance of IE moddibng scene? Hint #2 - I don't need the third hand to count.

PS
[sarcasm]
Some folks have made such great mods, that BGEE devs try desperately to contact them and ask for permission to include their work in EE. Face it, haters - you're just jealous you're not those folks :naughty:
[/sarcasm]

Edited by GeN1e, 02 July 2012 - 05:49 AM.

Retired from modding.