Comments on BGEE & BG2EE News

• Please log in to reply
1123 replies to this topic

#441 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Yeh you're right, you should at least be able to browse them without registering. Well those interested will surely create an account with no second thought ^^ It's already pretty busy there!
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#442 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

The point is one shouldn't have to sign-in to view (or post to) the forum.

This I second. Well, at least it's not a pay-wall (yet)... :(

Edited by Dakk, 31 May 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#443 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

see this:
http://www.shsforums...new-bg1-ee-npc/

#444 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Well, we make mods with Notepad mostly, too. We do have WeiDU to complement that, though

WeiDU is just the language used to write in Notepad (or better yet, EditPad, PSPad etc.) albeit a multifarious one that has perhaps grown beyond even Weimer and Bigiani's expectations. But anyhoo, the tools and languages are two different things...

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#445 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'm looking forward to taking BG with me on my iPad. However, I must state my opinion regarding the new BG website. It's ugly. Like, really ugly. I get the whole "we're indie! We're laid back and cool!" but I don't see why when you have the opportunity to revamp one of the best games ever* you make yourself an ugly (lazy) website riddled with (ugly) Twitter links for every friggin staff member. I mean, we're a modding community and we have nicer sites. ;)

*Obviously this is a subjective statement
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#446 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

While I agree with that, I don't really care about the looks of their site or the forums as long as they devote that time saved into this Enhanced Edition :P

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#447 Icanus

Icanus
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

Some people here really need to relax, how can you even be disappointed by a revamped BG1, with new content, obviously made by dedicated people and members of the original team, instead of people just going for easy money? Thats the greatest news in Baldurs Gate history since the release of TuTu and BGT! :cheers:

People who don't like the remake can still stick to the original release, the mods won't disappear. There are people who still stick to vanilla BG1 in times of TuTu too, everyone as he/she likes.

Imagine how this will breath new life into the modding community, bringing new generations to the game and stuff. Some years have passed since the BG2 release after all.

Also, first time intel-mac owners will be able to play vanilla BG 1 on their machines :)
So exciting! :)

Edited by Icanus, 15 June 2012 - 05:47 AM.

#448 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

A bit of news related to BGEE: it's not going to be distributed via Games for Windows Live, as Trent called it a complete piece of junk, but is willing to implement his own solution.

Also, I, and a few others, are trying to get CD Projekt interested into translating the new additions, and distributing the enhanced editions of both games on GOG.com. We'll see how that goes later.

(trent post on gfwl: http://forum.baldurs...7/#Comment_4517)
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#449 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

but is willing to implement his own solution.

What, the Beamdog client? It's complete trash, GfWL is wonderful in comparison.

Posted Image

Edited by Almateria, 16 June 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#450 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

Well, maybe it's a completely revised client that is not ****, but who really knows.

Also, about the actual fixed/implemted stuff - I guess Beamdog should step up the pace a notch. Also, don't be so cynical about the game - it hasn't been reviewed yet.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#451 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Well, maybe it's a completely revised client that is not ****, but who really knows.

But there is no place on the DD market for anyone that isn't in the Power Four. Why can't they distribute BGEE in a way anybody can use?

Also there's no way for me to not be cynical, not only it's going to be BG all over again, but with a disappointing feature and two bugs fixed. Also it won't sell at all because of Beamdog so Trent's not going to make the rest of the games :/

#452 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

Trent has already explicitly declared, on more than one occasion, that the Beamdog client will not be required to play BG:EE. In fact, the game is not even going to require to be constantly connected to the internet.

#453 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:18 AM

Also there's no way for me to not be cynical, not only it's going to be BG all over again, but with a disappointing feature and two bugs fixed. Also it won't sell at all because of Beamdog so Trent's not going to make the rest of the games :/

Thanks for your insight from the future, but I'll stick to my optimism

#454 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Just browsing their site. Is anyone else getting the impression that they'll either totally miss the "summer" release period or completely rush out a bare-bones version and then release updates/patches/DLC?
Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#455 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

I don't know, from what I can gather from all sources (Mainly Twitter and the few posts from Overhaul crew on their board) they're close to done on multi-platform porting and UI enhancement, started looking into bug reports from the modding community and ways to fix them without just copying the code from various bugfixing mods to avoid IP theft legal issues. Apparently testing/debugging multiplayer cross-platform since last week. Then the new content... I don't know how large is their team or how much can be done in 90 days, I hope they deliver a decent standalone version on initial release without the need of post-release patches and DLC.

#456 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Just browsing their site. Is anyone else getting the impression that they'll either totally miss the "summer" release period or completely rush out a bare-bones version and then release updates/patches/DLC?

Fear not, Oster didn't forget to mention that summer lasts until September 21st. In the smuggest way he could, of course.
And of course the bolded part will happen, who really thinks otherwise?

Edited by Almateria, 21 June 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#457 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, Beamdog is a modders-killing machine and Oster is its evil mastermind. "Bringing great games unto utter desolation for the sake of it since 2012 (possibly sh!tting on the little guy as a bonus)" is their official corporate slogan.

#458 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

He's the third and final antichrist.

#459 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

^ Who are the previous two?

#460 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hitler, Napoleon.

I'm afraid I haven't kept up on this. I'm not going to be bothered to register at their forum which should be viewable to the public. Disappointed.
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying