Comments on BGEE & BG2EE News

• Please log in to reply
1123 replies to this topic

#421 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

I disagree, AMS, that's like saying an actor should stay away from drama because all he's done up til now is comedy. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, they've said they won't touch Hoenig, so at best, Hulick should score but a fragment of the score.

What, no epic Jeremy Soule/Inon Zur/Nobuo Uematsu team-up? :P

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#422 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Trent Oster has posted a poll on his Twitter account. If BG:EE got a boxed edition, would you rather get a bigger map on paper, or a smaller map on fabric? Personally, I'd rather get the smaller one on fabric.

#423 Aldark

Aldark
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

Agree, fabric is more interesting than paper )
Can't wait to see what BG:EE team will have done! Personally I hope they will give us their Infinity Engine editor ) It would be great )

Edited by Aldark, 23 May 2012 - 09:22 AM.

Jack-of-all-trades, tech jedi, arcanecoast.ru administrator

TraDE : classic BG, IWD, PS:T and NWN .TLK/.TRA editor
cppbg : Open source C++ library for manipulating Infinity Engine files

#424 -Miraz-

-Miraz-

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

Agree, fabric is more interesting than paper )
Can't wait to see what BG:EE team will have done! Personally I hope they will give us their Infinity Engine editor ) It would be great )

It's not theirs to give away. It belongs to Bioware. And since Bioware is owned by EA now, it'll be a cold day in hell when they give it away for nothing.

#425 Aldark

Aldark
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:39 AM

Too bad. Hope, things will change soon. )
Yep, I am optimist. )))

Edited by Aldark, 24 May 2012 - 05:40 AM.

Jack-of-all-trades, tech jedi, arcanecoast.ru administrator

TraDE : classic BG, IWD, PS:T and NWN .TLK/.TRA editor
cppbg : Open source C++ library for manipulating Infinity Engine files

#426 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

And since Bioware is owned by EA now, it'll be a cold day in hell when they give it away for nothing.

Or at all.

#427 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

I saw it either in this thread, or somewhere else, but apparently developers have found community-made tools to be quite superior to what was at their disposal.

Retired from modding.

#428 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

[The map is] not theirs to give away. It belongs to Bioware. And since Bioware is owned by EA now, it'll be a cold day in hell when they give it away for nothing.

EA does not give any of their games or memorabilia away. Well, except for the first few Command & Conquer games (after a long time), but THOSE WERE THE RARE EXCEPTIONS!!!

(Back on topic, I really found the community tools helpful, especially BAM Workshop 1.0, DLTCEP, TREP, among others.)

Edited by William Imm, 28 May 2012 - 03:05 PM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#429 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

I saw it either in this thread, or somewhere else, but apparently developers have found community-made tools to be quite superior to what was at their disposal.

In the old days when David Gaider was making his mods, he found the tools to be far better than what they had to work with at Bioware.
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#430 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Was Bioware making BG with Paint and Notepad?

#431 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Well, we make mods with Notepad mostly, too. We do have WeiDU to complement that, though :)

Retired from modding.

#432 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Was Bioware making BG with Paint and Notepad?

Cam told me that they were forced to use IE5 and Freecell to work on the project.

PS: I mentioned this before on the main BGEE news thread, but there is a offical BGEE forum out now. Make your suggestions known.
PPS: yes, I love picking on MS. Bite me.

Edited by William Imm, 29 May 2012 - 03:06 PM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#433 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Cam told me that they were forced to use IE5 and Freecell to work on the project.

Chip's Challenge!
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#434 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

They're reviewing "applications" for the forums? You can't just sign up and start posting. Kinda odd and slightly paranoid, if you ask me...

Edited by Eleima, 29 May 2012 - 11:25 PM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#435 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

They're reviewing "applications" for the forums? You can't just sign up and start posting. Kinda odd and slightly paranoid, if you ask me...

I didn't have to do a application - I just punched in my info and bam - I was on the forum. Then again, I was a /r/FriendsOfBaldursGate member...

#436 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

I didn't have to do a application - I just punched in my info and bam - I was on the forum. Then again, I was a /r/FriendsOfBaldursGate member...

Same here.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#437 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

I had to apply also.

#438 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 460 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

Cameron Tofer said the forum is currently open to /r/FriendsOfBaldursGate members only. This is the reason why they're reviewing applications, I believe.

#439 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

I created an account on their forums as soon as - I think - Eleima posted the news and got access to forums with no problems
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#440 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

The point is one shouldn't have to sign-in to view (or post to) the forum.
Does anyone here actually think BGEE is considering going DRM free? (hint: lies)