Photo

Playtesting v10.3.4 - A search for errors and solutions.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

Have seen some great posts from other players doing there bit by posting any errors they have found during play and letting the modders know.

This is my contribution :rolleyes:

First the important bit. This was for a tactics install. The only eXperienced rated mods I allowed through were Fairy Dragon and Multi-Clerics mods. I also did some minor changes to tweak difficulty and xp to my liking, but on the whole a pretty standard tactics install (Others may still disagree!)

For those who want the exact details please see below.

Attached File  Big World Debug and WeiDU log.7z   524.39K   213 downloads

I will post when I find an error. I will also try and post a solution if I find one :rolleyes: Nearinfinity is useful!

Lets see what happens...

#2 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

CtD when leaving Candlekeep - Solution for me was turning off script for main character, I was using atweaks simple thief script.

Hiass not appearing at Lion's way - Solution, turn off his script! On combat style changed it back to attack all enemies. (Had it set to run and hide.)

At Friendly Arm, now heading to Beregost.

#3 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

Small error. No cold protection symbol appearing on characters side panel face when equipping the dagger NORTHERN BITE +2. It gives 50% protection from cold (pickpocketed from a temple guard (red armour) in Beregost). Managed to pickpocket two! and the protection stacks to 100% protection! Yet still no symbol.

#4 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Protection from fire (specifically Jaheria's lvl3 spell) description wrong - Came up with some dialog to Imoen in Soubar... wrong string changed to stringref 7535 as per other spell descriptors for protection from fire at that lvl using nearinfinity. (Had to change another one as well as this again showed some dialog from soubar....)

#5 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Finch.... one of my favourite npc mods... with the usuall bugs.

Finch's glasses don't work - Solution. Put a pair of glasses of identification into her rucksack.

Finch won't rejoin (even after leaving area and advancing time a couple of days) - Not the best solution... this shows promise but cant find the kickout dialog using nearinfinity to change it... can't even find the globals mentioned using shadowkeeper! However the work around I found that works is kill finch with Ctrl-Y, then create her again using Ctrl-space, then type CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("SUFINCH1")

I know rubbish solution :new_bottom:

If someone can tell me how to find Finch's kickout script (I can only find here as the creature and the small override script) maybe I could do more... maybe.

#6 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hiass does not lvl up on reaching Nashkel and starting chapter 2 - Solution turn script off! changed combat style to attack all enemies. (this also transported me and the dog back to the bridge in Nashkel too...)

Enjoying it so far! Being attacked by a wolfwere on the southern trade way was a nice suprise (I believe tactics spawn maximum lvl of difficulty was the culprit! sweet!)
Actually the Shar-Teel "battle a male before your able to let her into the group" encounter... has always, always, always given me problems. Did it first time problem free... Yay!

In fact the LACK OF PROBLEMS should be cheered here! (No crash in Beregost, no dialog rubbish from Viconia on kickout etc...)

#7 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Sorta stuffed crusted myself with extra cheese on a four cheese pizza with extra parmesan starting this thread when v11, possibly the best (...and last :crying: ) megamod install bat is released at the same time. (In other words I know I'm gonna block myself carrying on eventually :ermm: )

As I am only halfway down a mine full of kobolds... I'm gonna pull the plug here and start a v11 thread.