Cleanup.bat and ToBEx

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

I made a BWP Tactics install about a week ago and was playing fine until I decided to run the Cleanup tool to free some HD space.

Now I get this error when I try to launch the game and the ToBEx console loads :

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x98EA1E File: ChDimm.cpp Line: 834 Expression: FALSE Message: (null)

Before this shows up I get a windows prompt which just says "-1" If that's any clue as to what's happening.

Not another 16 hours long install... please help! :wacko:
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#2 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

I guess I'm screwed! :crying:

Trying to track back all I did besides running cleanup tool... Just edited baldur.ini to change aliases for CD2-5
to the folder where I have the patched vanilla game.

Giving this thread 1 day before I just delete this BWP, until then I'll run another install.

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#3 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hi, Ive never run the cleanup bat, but as it says that once you do, you can never install or uninstall anything ever again, and modifying anything will be a problem most likely, I personally would suggest if you have the space, don't run it..
---------------------------------------------------------------
My Guides:
1. How to install BWP for newbies My Guide for Spellhold on installing the BWP Mega-mod.
2. How to Install Infinity Animations for newbies My step by step guide to installing this must have mod.

Main Stuff for BWP:
1. FAQ for the Megamods The Main Megamod FAQ
2. BiG World Project The Mega Mod Installer
3. BWP Mod List The most up to date Mod list for BWP installs

Cool Stuff:
1. Baldur's Gate Trilogy - This mod alows you to play BGI in the BG ToB engine
2. Throne of Bhaal Extender This mod adds new functions to BGT games
3. All Infinity Animations Mods This mod adds new animations to the game.
4. Widescreen Mod This mod allows you to play BGT in widescreen mod
5. Generalized Biffing This mod will speed up your game allot

#4 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

You're pretty much screwed with re/installing anything after a BWP install anyway, moreover if it's biffed at the end. Not running cleanup tool just makes it easier for debugging with backed-up files.

I ran it to free space to allow some more cache for a smoother game as I encountered no bugs but just some lag in large fights with lots of magic; my computer runs with about 20Gb of free HD space lately...

Also found out with that install that a tactics install with BP AI is more stable in these heavy-magic fights that a standard+SCS AI one... on my computer at least. In previous installs game would hang almost everytime more than 2-3 spells were cast during the same round, that was really aggravating for gameplay :doh:

#5 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

Problem solved!

I'm probably just stupid and it must be documented somewhere. :wall:

Do not touch CD2-5 folders if they were in your install folder when you install stuff, or fix aliases before installing mods (I think it's TobEx?) if you do multi-installs.

Nothing related to cleanup tool :doh:

If a mod can change thread title to [solved] and remove cleanup.bat ftom it as it has nothing to do with the issue.

Thanks to Lollorian for linking me to a thread where someone had the same issue.

Edited by Beleg33, 18 January 2012 - 02:42 AM.