BAM is corrupted

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hi

I've a problem when I use several "Missile Weapons", for example when I use some type of throwing axes (code: CMAX01, DSAXE06), or throwing daggers (code: CMDAQ05) because I get this message:

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9CCB63 File: ChVidImage.cpp Line: 1921 Expression: FALSE Message: .BAM is corrupted (GetFrame() failed)

I suspect that this items derive from mods, but I don't lnow what..

Because I'm sure that there are others items with the same bug, I would like to know if I can solve this problem with Near Infinity!!!

Thanks

Edited by ilot, 06 January 2012 - 02:10 PM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#2 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

I solved with Near Infinity, for now...!!!! Posted Image

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

I saw your post at CoM :) If there was slightly more info about why the game stopped crashing because of the settings you changed, it should be kinda easy to make a blanket item checker to check (and possibly fix) this kinda stuff ;)

Specifically, do you need to change BOTH options ("is a bullet?" and "swing animation") and can the crash be averted by just changing one of them :P (I think it's the animation % that only needs fixing but I've been wrong so many times it's not funny :D)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:30 AM

I saw your post at CoM Posted Image If there was slightly more info about why the game stopped crashing because of the settings you changed, it should be kinda easy to make a blanket item checker to check (and possibly fix) this kinda stuff Posted Image

Specifically, do you need to change BOTH options ("is a bullet?" and "swing animation") and can the crash be averted by just changing one of them Posted Image (I think it's the animation % that only needs fixing but I've been wrong so many times it's not funny Posted Image)

Hi Lollorian, I posted at CoM because the items largerly come from Dark Horizons (for now!!! Posted Image).

I noticed that in my game there are several "missile weapons" items that can be able to be used also as "melee weapon" but ONLY when I used them as "missile weapons" I get a crash to desktop.

For to solve my problem:

1. I've open Near Infinity
2. I opened the item code (for example: CMAX01.ITM)
3. I go into the Edit tab
4. double click on "Item ability Type: Ranged (2),...."
5. double click on "is a bullet? Yes and set it to No"

I noticed that I no crash to desktop but I no see the item image on the paperdoll and on the game (my npc not has nothing on the hand)

then I then double click on "Animation: Overhand swing % 0" and set it to 100

I restart my game and work well, I not get CTD

Edit: Ehi Lollorian, because you are the "Genius of the fix" can you take a look here, please??? Posted Image at post number 8...
http://www.shsforums...rer-mart-quest/

Edited by ilot, 07 January 2012 - 06:03 AM.

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:17 AM

Ok now trying to formulate this into a simple procedure:

- Check item type for AXE or DAGGER (melee weapons that can be used as missile)
- Check item abilities for a Ranged(2) ability
- Set all the missile quantifiers (is arrow/bolt/bullet) to 0 (no) if 1 (yes)
- Set overhand swing % to 100 (or whatever combination of %'s comes to 100 :P)

Le code:
Spoiler

And le output on BGT + DarkHorizons: :D
Spoiler

WeiDU FTW! :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 07 January 2012 - 06:18 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#6 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

Well done!!! Posted Image

In any case in the CoM forum the author of the Dark Horizons mod (Solaufein) is noticed by me about that problem. See here:
http://forums.chosen...hp?topic=2640.0

I found another item with the same problem: DSAXE06.ITM (I suppose that it come from Dark Side mod...)

Excuse if I insist but and about that is there a solution???: Posted Image
http://www.shsforums...rer-mart-quest/

Edit: You are just answered me thank you Posted Image

Thanks!!! Posted Image

Edited by ilot, 07 January 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

DSAXE06.ITM error: Item is NOT supposed to be a BULLET!

DSAXE06.ITM error: Ranged Ability Animations have wrong probabilities! 1 Corrections achieved...
  Overhand Swing: 0 -> 100
  Backhand Swing: 0 -> 0
  Thrust        : 0 -> 0

DSDAGG01.ITM error: Ranged Ability Animations have wrong probabilities! 1 Corrections achieved...
Yup :) Try CLUAConsole:CreateItem('DSDAGG01') btw ;) If this output is right, your avatar won't show attack animations when it attacks :D

#8 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

DSAXE06.ITM error: Item is NOT supposed to be a BULLET!

DSAXE06.ITM error: Ranged Ability Animations have wrong probabilities! 1 Corrections achieved...

DSDAGG01.ITM error: Ranged Ability Animations have wrong probabilities! 1 Corrections achieved...
Yup Posted Image Try CLUAConsole:CreateItem('DSDAGG01') btw Posted Image If this output is right, your avatar won't show attack animations when it attacks Posted Image

That's true, I tested DSDAGG01 with NI too and I solved with the same method above mentioned!! Posted Image

#9 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

Lol, do you think your weapon animation fixer should go into the BWP (with Cre/Innate fixer)? It does seem like something very useful for the project...
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

I added it as a component to this thing yesterday :P Just grab the dl from github and rename a WeiDU.exe and you're good to go ;)

PS: This component is in the Item Stuff group :P

#11 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

pardon, error

Edited by ilot, 08 January 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#12 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:34 AM

As a followup, could anyone who has Drizzt Saga installed (normally installed in all BWP installs) CLUAConsole:CreateItem('F_DAGPSN') and check if it causes a similar crash? :P

If possible, there is another item CB300SLT (from Shadows of Soubar) that might also be a possible suspect :D
(ooooh look at me all detective-like :clown:)

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

Just CLUAing in a misflagged weapon might not cause a crash, but using it could. There were some weapons like this in some megamod (SoS maybe?) that I fixed with Hoppy. Should be fairly easy to scan and fix such flags with WeiDU, but it seems you figured that out already, no?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#14 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

Yup using it :P

I checked the weapon from SoS myself and yup it crashes :lol: (but methinks CHARNAME's not intended to get that because it doesn't have a proper name and it's a dagger with an axe icon :doh:)

The DSaga item is a 'Poisoned Throwing Dagger' though so that might need fixing :cheers:

#15 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

Yup using it Posted Image

I checked the weapon from SoS myself and yup it crashes Posted Image (but methinks CHARNAME's not intended to get that because it doesn't have a proper name and it's a dagger with an axe icon Posted Image)

The DSaga item is a 'Poisoned Throwing Dagger' though so that might need fixing Posted Image

Hi Lollorian, Posted Image

I CLUAConsole:CreateItem('F_DAGPSN') and it causes a similar crash, the solution is the same above mentioned.....Posted Image

About CB300SLT you are right me too have noticed that
1. It is not "droppable" (can I marked (using Near Infinity) "droppable"?)
2. It have not a proper name;
3. There isn't a proper description;
4. To me not crash the item, pheraps because it is not droppable...Posted Image
.....Should be interesting knows the purpose of this item and if it is important and where is it located and if it is possible find a solution for use it... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edit: I was to be able to use CB300SLT because I managed with Near Infinity and I marked as "Droppable".
I noticed that the item has an "Burning Pitch" effect, similar to Fireball....besides I would like to know why is the following Item Ability (I saw that with Near Infinity):

Animation: Overhand swing %: 34
Animation: Backhand swing %: 33
Is bullet?: Yes (1)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by ilot, 16 January 2012 - 03:49 AM.