Photo

Syvishtar's Journal

• Please log in to reply
1504 replies to this topic

#621 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

the issue came up on the main thread of Firebead's race. His character converted is marked as an elf, but everybody keeps saying that they think he is supposed to be human. What do you guys think?
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#622 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

I think he's supposed to be human or half-elf maybe, the name elvenhair makes no sense if he's already an elf IMO.

Didn't you have issues with Finch leaving for good when kicking her out? Or you found a workaround I guess.

Nice to see an update!
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#623 Argumentative

Argumentative
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

While waiting for your update I played through BG Tutu using a light setup of some of the mods you have and decided to go with the Canon party.

Until Imoen dual-classed, I was stuck without access to Enchanment school. (No sleep, hold person, greater malison or despair :(). Jaheira lacks 'Resist Fear'. So every single early mage fight meant I had to hope my party pulls out a save against Horror from somewhere. Durlag's tower was one long session of me rolling a Will save to see if I can resist taking Branwen over Jaheira for turning undead and Holy smites.

Going through the whole game with a sub-optimal party made up of three chars I hate has made me respect you more for the system you follow. You are either an awesome dude or completely insane to let people pick your party for you :P

On that note, option B. He will be stuck without the abiliity to scribe Invocation, but enchanment gets some powerful 'save or suck' spells too.

#624 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

I'm voting for B.

#625 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Right I forgot to vote! B until next vote.

EDIT : Have you uploaded a WeiDU.log since you reinstalled? I'm curious about what happened with the Ulcaster ghost taking the idol. There's a part of the Vault dealing with that guy but the dialog/behaviour doesn't match with Vault changes, so it's either vanilla behaviour that I don't remember about or another mod.

Edited by Beleg33, 29 July 2012 - 01:31 PM.

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#626 AmyAE

AmyAE
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

B. Also, OMG YAY.

#627 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

I think he's supposed to be human or half-elf maybe, the name elvenhair makes no sense if he's already an elf IMO.

Didn't you have issues with Finch leaving for good when kicking her out? Or you found a workaround I guess.

Nice to see an update!

The Forgotten Realms Wiki says he's human. But it also says he's level 8. Heh. I think I'll change him to human next update. As for Finch, I've just been bribing her with the bribery interface each time I want to get her into the party. That's the workaround I found. I don't know what the root problem with her is.

While waiting for your update I played through BG Tutu using a light setup of some of the mods you have and decided to go with the Canon party.

Until Imoen dual-classed, I was stuck without access to Enchanment school. (No sleep, hold person, greater malison or despair :(). Jaheira lacks 'Resist Fear'. So every single early mage fight meant I had to hope my party pulls out a save against Horror from somewhere. Durlag's tower was one long session of me rolling a Will save to see if I can resist taking Branwen over Jaheira for turning undead and Holy smites.

Going through the whole game with a sub-optimal party made up of three chars I hate has made me respect you more for the system you follow. You are either an awesome dude or completely insane to let people pick your party for you :P

Well I'm not that great, I mean I do keep getting characters killed all the time! But thanks :).

EDIT : Have you uploaded a WeiDU.log since you reinstalled? I'm curious about what happened with the Ulcaster ghost taking the idol. There's a part of the Vault dealing with that guy but the dialog/behaviour doesn't match with Vault changes, so it's either vanilla behaviour that I don't remember about or another mod.

Yes, my weidu log is in this post. I think Ulcaster was exhibiting vanilla behavior. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I do know what he wants and what he's prepared to give if we give it to him, though, and it seems to be all working out fine so far.
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#628 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Well I've checked vanilla behaviour and he should only take stuff if you have both items.

Looked into finch out-of-party dialog, there's just this weird timer thing but it should work if you wait 1 minute after kicking her.

Oh and Ettin's healing is really OP, in ToB I still use it in contingency for some crazy healing (regeneration)
Spoiler

Edited by Beleg33, 29 July 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#629 AmyAE

AmyAE
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

As for Finch, I've just been bribing her with the bribery interface each time I want to get her into the party. That's the workaround I found. I don't know what the root problem with her is.

Based on her dialogue when you kick her out, I think the problem is that she's supposed to have an EscapeArea() at the end of it, but doesn't. So instead she just sits around, but because she was supposed to leave entirely, she has no dialogue for re-joining.

#630 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

She has dialogue for rejoining or being sent to some inn... Don't know why it doesn't work though :wall: I have an idea which I will investigate

EDIT : Well that was easy... you can fix it in 30 sec if you know your way around NI. In SufinchP.dlg state trigger 1, remove the timer check. Either WeiDU or the game itself can't parse the timer ID probably because it is too long.

Edited by Beleg33, 29 July 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#631 Argumentative

Argumentative
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Forgot to ask, does your new pocket plane drain your XP like the one you got from Gorion's corpse?

(Ok, that sounded highly inappropriate. :()

#632 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

Nope, no xp drain on this new pocket plane.

#633 -Fraladu-

-Fraladu-

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

Hi, just saw this thread and read last page's updates, seems interesting, well done!

Also, note that what unpetrified you in that failed attempt was the no game over except party wipe mod, that mod makes you almost completely immortal as long as someone else stays alive. If you die, you get auto-rezzed after combat, if you get petrified you get auto-un-petrified, etc... You are supposed to get stunned and unselectable until end of combat but sometimes you don't and are utterly invincible for the duration of the fight. I find it is one of the cooler concepts but in practice it ends up being one of the bigger cheating devices available if you choose to abuse it, especially if you get lucky and don't lose control on "death" but rather become invincible.

Anyway, good luck with your continued adventures!

#634 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

He doesn't have that mod installed, the Bigg Tweaks mod (TB#tweaks) does that to petrification

#635 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Actually that section of the update wasn't how it really happened. What really unpetrified me was me saving, reloading, and CTRL-Ying the bad guy after his transformation. I put in a gameplay note before and after trying to explain that I couldn't get the fight to work so I had to piece things together.

#636 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

I made a .gif of Edwin flopping about under the effects of Cellular Regeneration.

Posted Image

#637 -Sager-

-Sager-

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Maybe its just me, but in a low level campaign, or at least according to the GFAQs BG1 board, Evocation isn't a great school. Of note, the most important spells lost are likely web and Shield: Wands can emulate a lot of your missing magic. Ench includes the all important sleep spell which will hit almost anything in this game due to the low level and Sleep's lack of saves.

#638 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

what about fireball?

#639 -Sager-

-Sager-

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

There are no wands of fireball?

#640 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

I don't have the game installed on this computer at the moment, but I'm pretty sure there are. They're just called wands of fire or some such.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri