1504 replies to this topic

#421 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

I wonder what lies inside?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Let out the filthy gnolls to let them do evil? Boo's blood boils at the thought! Minsc smells righteous butt-kicking coming! Er... and many other foul smells, too... Yes, Boo, it was very *stupid* of the bandits to lock the whole clan of gnolls in such a small cave for so long.

Posted Image They are no prisoners, Syvishtara. Most likely they are bandits who were too unruly even for Chill!

Posted Image Sorry, you ugly gnoll, but you won't be getting out today.

Posted Image Then you won't get out either!

I don't think he realizes that all his frenemies are dead. There are a few splashes of blood and a few screams of pain.

Posted Image

And in a few seconds Safana and Minsc have taken care of everything.

Posted Image

The many potions and oils that we have taken give us a sense of urgency. I need to know this camp is secure before we stop to loot everything. We press on to the east. And when we do, we are met by one Raemon.

Posted Image

The Iron Throne? Who the hell are they? The man fights with a spear and drinks some kind of potion. We attack him anyway.

Posted Image

For the first time I have ever seen, Safana's werewolf form runs out on its own. She takes a hit from Raemon before retreating and pulling out her crossbow.

Posted Image

Then it is just Minsc vs. Raemon, and of course the fight is short.

Posted Image

Then, with potion durations on our mind, we rush into the largest structure we see. What we find is truly shocking.

Posted Image

Nothing. Nothing here. I was expecting to blast somebody to bits, but the only thing here is one little thief in the corner. And he isn't even attacking. We approach him cautiously.

Posted Image

Posted Image Time for what? Explain yourself.

Posted Image My execution, what do you think? You're not with him, are you, though. No, I'd smell his rancid breath on you if you were.

Posted Image You're right, we're not Tazok's lackeys. What's going on here?

Posted Image Aye, you're not... Well, this whole place is dirty to the core, that's what's going on. These aren't your ordinary bandits. They're part Black Talons and part Chill, Chill being a demihuman band, mostly hobgoblins, and led by that creepy smart one, Ardenor Crush. There be others elsewhere, like that priest Mulahey sent to poison the mines of Nashkel. Set himself up as a kobold god returned and legions of the brainless barking fools believed him, ready to do his bidding 'til death do they part...

Posted Image Mulahey's dead. He was working for Tazok, I understand. Question is, who's Tazok working for?

Posted Image That's the trick, see? Crush and Taugosz Khosann, leader of the Black Talons, both think he's getting orders from the Zhents and Tazok doesn't do much to discourage that particular line of thinking. But the Black Talons and Chill are bandit groups, see? They ply the trade routes, avoid the cities, and that's where they go wrong. I'm from the Gate and I can tell you dead as leather that the Zhentarim aren't behind this.

Posted Image How can you be so sure?

Posted Image A desire for silence isn't the only reason I wear soft-soled boots. I wear 'em so I can tell who's toes I'm treading on. I didn't mess with no Zhentarim. I picked my enemies and I messed with one group and one group only: The Iron Throne. And, right as rain, here I am as Tazok's personal prisoner. You do the math.

Posted Image The Iron Throne. Where can I find them?

Posted Image Tazok's been making regular visits to the Cloakwood so that's where I'd start if I were you. There are some documents in that chest that might be worth taking a look at, too... Now go step on some toes, alright? And you can tell them Ender Sai sent you.

Posted Image Thank you, kinsman. I... I know what it means to be captured by Tazok and his men. Do you need healing?

Posted Image The worst of it is over, friend. Tazok has forgotten about me for a few days... or prepared somethin' special for my execution and wanted me to be standing for it? Who knows, but in his tent I was safe from his brutes... Mostly.

Posted Image You have been lucky, Ender.

Posted Image Are you... are you Kivan, by any chance?

Posted Image You know of me?

Posted Image Your name has been mentioned. Beware, friend, there is a mad dog after you. I do not know more, but just be careful. Vanya sulie... Fair winds.

With that, Ender Sai lets himself out, and we are alone at last in the heart of the bandit camp. Ok, now we can loot. Safana and Imoen start doing their work right away.

Posted Image

Safana opens the chest and takes 205 gold, a few scrolls, and two letters. She passes the letters and scrolls to me. The scrolls are of Horror, Stinking Cloud, and Sleep. I put them in Pelltar's Spellbook. Then I turn to the letters and read the first one.

Posted Image

Nimbul... Nimbul... wasn't that the fighter/mage we killed in Nashkel so long ago? I search through my journal, looking for a mention of a Nimbul. Yes, yes, here it is! way back on day 84, just after we had picked up Xan. Wow, that seems like such a long time ago. And now, look at the bandit camp - nothing but a huge pile of corpses. Ahh, so sad. I'll bet Davaeorn has been unhappy for quite a long time ... about 3 months?

Posted Image

Hmmm, the base in the Cloakwood eh? So that's where you are, is it Davaeorn? I suppose Tazok is there too. And Sarevok. Sarevok sounds like a girly name. Probably some uppity mageling I'm going to have to beat down with a wild surge or two.

Gameplay note: And this brings us to the end of Chapter 4! Woohoo! And I'm kindof horrified at the realization that fewer in-game days have passed than real-life days since I've started this Let's Play. It has been 32 weeks or 224 real days since my first post, and only 180 days have passed in-game. What the hell dudes, seriously.

At any rate, please watch the Chapter 5 introduction.

Now, with all the bandits dead and their camp destroyed, we only have one thing left to do - loot it all. Safana starts here in the "throne room." And the first thing she finds is Kivan's bow!

Posted Image

Gameplay note: Don't ask me what "dominated their handling during sleep" means, because I don't know and I'm not asking. But nevertheless its a pretty freakin' sweet bow. About 40% as good as the one he's got already.

The next haul she comes back with some Ice Arrows, a Spear +2, and another Varscona. Those must be what Raemon were wielding. They're in a little pile at the bottom of the steps. Good equipment for the mule.

We follow Safana as she darts about from bag to chest to barrel. I have let her borrow my Boots of Speed for this, and she is making good use of them. In one locked chest, she finds something that makes Finch burst in excitement.

Posted Image

Posted Image This will be a perfect addition to the library in Nashkel. I wonder why the bandits had it? I suppose a bandit might need to learn how to read, or... or they robbed a caravan with children.

Posted Image Anyhoo, let us be sure to keep close tabs on this volume from now on. I'd hate to misplace it!

I ask Safana to let me see the book. I take a closer look at it.

Posted Image

It looks like a book. I don't really see the appeal, but Finch is so overjoyed that I can't help but be happy too. I give it to her to keep in her bookbag.

Our next loot stash comes with some non-magical Full Plate Mail and a magical ring.

Posted Image

Finch's glasses are already exhausted from the first pile, but I've got 4 spare Identify scrolls so I use one of them on the ring.

Posted Image

I offer the ring to anyone, but neither Minsc nor Finch nor Kivan nor Safana nor Imoen will even touch it. What's the big deal? It's just a bit of old bone. The dwarf isn't using it anymore. I'd use it myself, but, you know, I've already got rings on. Oh well, another one for the mule.

Our next big loot stockpile comes up with two sets of broken armor on it. Hmm, I guess that can happen to bandits too. But the weapons are good. One is a flail called Chaos Rage, and the other is a club +2. There is also a Large Shield +1.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ahh, so the club explains Safana's actions during that part of the battle. The club made her confused.

Then we come to the corpse of the mage who fell before us first. He has a Robe of Fire Resistance on him, and some random potions. He's also got scrolls of Color Spray, Blindness, Friends, and Spell Thrust on him. I actually do not know Spell Thrust, so I copy it into my spellbook.

Posted Image

Gameplay note: Area of Effect spell protection remover. If you're trying to hit someone with Blindness or Magic Missile, and your spells keep getting deflected or absorbed by Minor Globe of Invulnerability, then just use this on the ground somewhere near them and it will dispel the highest-level protection. They don't have to be visible, either. I hear that some mages later on use a bunch of protections including Immunity to Abjuration, Evocation, and Divination. Then they'll cast Improved Invisibility and you won't be able to dispell it (Abjuration), find them (Divination), target them (Improved Invisibility), or even hurt them with Fireball (Evocation). Actually doing anything to them gets problematic. That's what Spell Thrust is for.

We loop back around and hit some of the stashes in the bandit camp that we hadn't gotten before. On one of the tables there Safana finds another scroll, which she passes off to me automatically. But I don't know this spell either - Flame Arrow.

Posted Image

Gameplay note: Only the first arrow goes towards the targets. Other arrows will go to random enemies within range. That's pretty cool, and I think it's different from the base game.

The sun comes up as we finish our exhaustive search of the camp. I am pretty happy with the way things have gone. I am making motions to leave, but then Imoen pipes up. "Uh, Syv? What about inside the little huts?" OH! Right. Of course! I wonder what's in them?

Well apparently Tersus is in one of them. Imoen makes sure he stays here - forever.

Posted Image

There's not much to speak of in the way of loot, though.

In the next hut, we've got some gnolls. Late to the party as always.

Posted Image

They are all dead in a matter of moments.

Posted Image

Safana loots this hut, and finds an ornate key. Hmmm, interesting. No clue what it is for, though.

Posted Image

The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#422 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

Kivan takes this opportunity to talk to Finch.

Posted Image

Posted Image I'm sorry, I did not think it would bother anyone. Does my noise disturb you?

Posted Image Your effort to break the silence reigns meekest among the potential disturbances. Compared to giggles and chatter, unwelcome songs of love and joy, boasting, sniping, twittering and insults...

Posted Image ...your noise is a welcome relief.

We go into the third hut. We find a man who talks before he fights.

Posted Image

Posted Image Nor do I like the looks of ye but it's better than a face of pulpy mush, now don't you think?

Posted Image Are you threatening me?

I don't like guys who talk tough in bandit camps that I've just massacred.

Posted Image Are you kidding? With a face like yours, it's a compliment!

Posted Image Get out of here... I said I don't like ye and it's not liable to change anytime soon.

I wish I could see his face when he finds out what has happened outside. But that is apparently not what Finch is thinking about.

Posted Image

Posted Image There was no time to feel fear, only rage that my witch was forced to smell the stinky breath of evil!

Posted Image Boo says he was a little scared. Were Dynaheir to be harmed, the shame of failure would be an intolerable burden for his tiny shoulders.

Posted Image And equally intolerable to your broad ones, I suspect.

Posted Image But Minsc and Boo are on the job! And you, too, Finch! You will take the names of villainy. You will write them in your book, and we will kick their buttocks!

We have one more hut to inspect. Safana finds scrolls of Fireball and Web here. I put them with the others.

There doesn't seem to be much else going on in the camp, and yet I want to make sure everyone is dead. I gather everybody together and we make another sweep of the area. It is a good thing, too, because we find more hobgoblins hiding in the trees south of camp!

Posted Image

We kill them without much effort.

In retracing our steps, we find that we missed a corpse that had a Studded Leather Armor +1 and a Scimitar +2. Nothing special, really. With that assurance that the bandit camp has been well and truly destroyed, we finally get a chance to rest. We make the camp our own, cook a dinner, and sleep.

Posted Image

But in the night I have a dream. I awake feeling extremely troubled. I have been made? By whom? Was it only a dream? For some reason it felt like a female voice. Who was that? Who made me? What am I? I can also be broken? Who can break me? The questions keep coming and coming and I do not know what to do about it. I do feel as though I can better cope with the world, though.

Posted Image

But you know what? I shouldn't be sad. I have destroyed the greatest threat that I have ever seen to the Sword Coast. The bandits are all gone! I survey the area and declare this place, the Bandit Camp itself, free from bandits!

Posted Image

Time to take off. I turn to walk down the road, but wait. What do I see? Can it be? No! Yes! IT IS!! Haiass's body! With his thigh bone!

Posted Image

I pick it up and give it to Finch right away. Hurry, hurry! I tell her. Haiass has been gone too long! What if he doesn't answer the call?

But I shouldn't have been worried. I trained the boy, of course he would answer the call!

Posted Image

Posted Image How's my good wolf? Want to play? Here, boy, get your toy! Good wolf!

Posted Image (Haiass chews his little toy and then returns next to you and wags his tail. He seems very happy.)

It is time for a celebration! We're going back to the Nashkel Carnival for some fun, and no excuses!

Posted Image

When we get there, the carnival is still going strong. We play some games...

Posted Image

... and watch some plays...

Posted Image

... and walk around looking at the sights. My sword certainly loves them.

Posted Image

But strangely enough, as we walk around, we are approached by a red-headed beauty of a woman, who turns out to be a bard!

Posted Image

Posted Image Well met and welcome. We can always use another hand. And some music would indeed be good!

Posted Image You can? Many thanks to ye. I was getting so very tired of this carnival.

Gameplay note: And lets take a look at her. She is level 6.

Posted Image

She's got amazing stats. Seriously. 16, 18, 16, 18, 12, 18? People dream of those stats. Also, she is a Spellsinger, which is a bard kit.

Posted Image

That means, essentially, that she can cast 8 level one and 6 level two spells!

Posted Image

Posted Image

But she doesn't do all of that by herself. She is helped by her Bard's ring.

Posted Image

She also has some nice custom-made armor that she got from being close with her elven kin.

Posted Image

She also has a Crossbow of Speed that she dyed to be her color - green.

Posted Image

Finally, she has 25 Bolts +1 of Dispelling to go along with her Crossbow of Speed.

Posted Image

The lady is not messing around.

My reputation must be getting out to have such beautiful and talented people just offer to join with me out of the blue! Wow! I'm actually kinda jealous of this Spellsinger.

We continue looking around the carnival to see what there is to see. It isn't long until another person approaches us.

Posted Image

Posted Image Welcome to ye. Always looking for a good hand at magic!

Posted Image That's fine... very fine indeed. I'm a fair hand at magic and I like to tinker a bit. I won't disappoint ye!

Gameplay note: And now lets take a look at Skeezer Lumpkin VI. He is a gnome. A gnome Illusionist/thief multiclass.

Posted Image

Posted Image

He knows a respectable amount of level 1 and level 2 spells. At least, respectable enough compared to Xzar and Edwin.

Posted Image

Posted Image

He's also got some custom-made magical equipment. He's got Skeezer Lumpkin's Mage Robe.

Posted Image

Seems like an adventurer's robe. He also has Skeezer's Staff of Unpredicability (no t).

Posted Image

Finally, he wears Skeezer Lumpkin's 'Dwarven' War Helmet.

Posted Image

And that rounds out the two new characters we can pick up. These characters are old, very old. They were originally designed as mods for the original Baldur's Gate game, part of the Dark Side of the Sword Coast mod for that game. They were resurrected many years later and modified to fit into the whole current modding scene, and are now part of the Big World Project. I think it's a little amazing that a fan mod has survived for so long. I'm going to take them back to the Jovial Juggler and then we have the biggest decision to make.

We have reached Chapter 5. What lies ahead of us are things like the Ulcaster School, Firewine Bridge, and of course the Cloakwood. It is full of spiders. We can also retry that cave east of the Song of the Morning Temple, which is also full of spiders. We can basically get ready to finish everything outside of the city of Baldur's Gate itself, in preparation for entering that great city. The great question is, as always, who do we take? I will post an update with all of our choices, and then you can vote.
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#423 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

IT IS TIME TO VOTE FOR NEW PARTY MEMBERS AGAIN!

Remember: Each thread poster has 5 votes, which they can use to either vote FOR or AGAINST any character to be a party member. You can use all 5 votes for one character, or spread them out. You can vote both positively and negatively. If you vote too many times, only the first 5 votes are counted. If there is a tie, the character with the least amount of negative votes wins. If there's a tie in both positive and negative votes, I'll flip a coin. After voting is closed, the top 5 characters will join the party until they die.

Here are the possibilities:

Posted Image Posted Image Bjornin: A level 7 human dragonslayer. A paladin we first met resting up in the Jovial Juggler in Beregost. He told us he had been recently defeated by a band of half-ogres southwest of Beregost. Asked us to get his vengeance. We said we'd keep an eye out. We found the half-ogres at Fisherman's Lake and the party of Bub Snikt, Finch, Imoen, Gavin, and Viconia took them out without any injuries. He was very grateful to us and offered us a magical shield. We accepted. We eventually won him over with gifts of gold and jewelry, and he joined up with us! Besides Ajantis, he is the only other paladin we have met. He did well in battle, killing people steadily with his spear, until I got him and everyone else killed in the Valley of the Tombs trying to defend ourselves against some amazonian mercenaries. We sent him back to rest in the Jovial Juggler again, which is ironic, because he was the inspiration for us sending people to rest in the Jovial Juggler to recuperate from their wounds in the first place.

Posted Image Posted Image Branwen: A level 5 human Battleguard of Tempus who knows Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 cleric spells. She was a statue in the middle of the Nashkel Carnival. We bought a Stone to Flesh scroll from a nearby gnome and turned her back to normal. She was grateful and agreed to join our battle party, and she didn't care what we were fighting. I liked her right away! She told Viconia she thinks drow battle tactics are cowardly. She also recently asked me if I ever doubted myself. She seemed both shocked and relieved when I said I doubted myself all the time. When we got to Bear River an Ogre Berseker killed her in the middle of combat, and we let her rest in favor of using Kagain. We picked her up again after we exited the Nashkel Mines, because Minsc had to be let go and Finch was dead. She and I talked a lot about our childhoods and I started to notice how enticingly she filled out a set of platemail armor. But then she died along with the rest of my party to some amazonian mercenaries in the Valley of the Tombs and I let her rest at the Jovial Juggler for a while. After our first failed raid on the bandit camp, we returned and added her to the party again. By this time I was a woman. She began to take an almost motherly interest in Kivan, trying to make sure he slept well by offering him potions despite his objections. Then, she and I started to have a... thing together. She called it love, but I wasn't sure at first. She didn't seem to mind that I was a woman; in fact I think she relished it. She demanded that I kiss her once, right in front of everyone, in a warehouse in Restenford. It was our first time. She then invited me to share the fireside with her, and then her bed, that night at the Inn. At first she was quite frank and joyful about her new love towards me, and I found it flattering, uncomplicated, and most importantly, tasteful. She also looked triumphantly awesome in her blue crystal platemail we got from those bastards we killed who were sieging the Song of the Morning Temple. Over time, though, she became increasingly distraught about something. She said she cared for me too much, and that she no longer loved battle. Instead she worried about me getting hurt and only wanted to have lazy days of love with us together, rather than a lifetime of conflict, as her god dictated. Our romance had given her a crisis of faith! I told her that we could work through it together, but she eventually told me that it couldn't work between us, and that we were through. She stopped sleeping in my bed. She still strode forth on the battlefield and smote all our enemies, though. I did not know what to think. She also started flirting with other people - Kivan, Safana, and even random dudes on the street. She was killing me. But Imoen caught her brushing her hair in a flirtatious way in my presence when we were in the Bone Hill castle ruins, and accused Branwen of still caring for me. Imoen wouldn't let her go until she admitted it, and she finally did. She still had feelings for me, even though she was trying to hide them! I was almost overwhelmed with emotions: relief at Branwen's feelings, and gratitude towards my best friend Imoen. Later on, she approached Kivan with a question about going into battle with his wife. He set her straight about love - it does not diminish a person's battle prowess, but makes them more valiant. She took his words to ponder. Unfortunately, the other problem with our relationship in Restenford was that she kept dying. Once I even killed her myself with a random spell-casted Cloudkill! I felt terrible about that, and dropped her off at the Jovial Juggler again as soon as we got back. We picked up Finch to take her place.

Posted Image Posted Image Bub Snikt: A level 3 human berserker. Prefers to dual-wield daggers. Met him in the woods of the Northern Coast Way. Told us to keep low and quiet, that he could smell ogres on the breeze. We offered to let him join the party, and he said okay. Sounded southern, as in southern hemisphere. Didn't talk much though. After clearing the road between Beregost and Nashkel of bandits, we let him have some R&R at the Jovial Juggler and took Rose back under our wing. We haven't really talked to him much since, and he doesn't really seem to care.

Posted Image Posted Image Dynaheir: A level 2 human sorceress who knows a couple of level 1 spells. She had been captured by gnolls and was being held at the Gnoll Stronghold being forced to do gods-know-what in their fighting pits. Minsc recruited the party of myself, Imoen, Shar-Teel, Viconia, and Gavin to aid him in rescuing her. In the same village we met Edwin, who hired us to aid him in killing her. We also took him on but didn't promise anything. When we finally rescued her, 22 days later, we told her and Edwin to keep their personal disagreements to themselves, and considered the matter closed. She immediately asked us if we had seen her journal, which we had not. We stopped by the Dryad Falls on our way back to Beregost, and met up again with Drizzt, who asked us about a parchment he had found on some gnolls. It turned out to be one page of Dynaheir's journal. We agreed to split up and search the area for one day, then meet back up and see what we had found. Soon after Drizzt left, we were found by some gnolls that looked peaceful. They gave us a warning that the Old One had ordered many gnolls to find Dynaheir, and each had a piece of her journal with them. We accepted their warning, searched for the journal, but we needn't have bothered. Drizzt found it, and us, several days later. During that time Dynaheir mysteriously died for no discernible reason, except that we all know it was Edwin, because he shouted out "Checkmate!" when we discovered her dead body in the morning. We resurrected her, of course. Also, Edwin later tried to steal Dynaheir's journal, but was thwarted by its ward and cryptographic scribblings. When it was time to go to the Nashkel Mines, we chose to let Dynaheir rest at the Jovial Juggler for a while. She's been there ever since.

Posted Image Posted Image Edwin: A level 4 human conjurer who knows some level 1 and a single level 2 spell. By virtue of an heirloom amulet he is the most powerful mage in existence, able to cast 2 extra spells per level. We met him on the bridge over the river in Nashkel where he said he wanted to kill the witch Dynaheir. We told him he could travel with us but we would not promise anything about killing. Minsc said he would keep an eye on him. He tried to position himself as the superior mage in the party, but I kept putting him back in his place. When we finally found Dynaheir, he became quite upset that I didn't kill her. He must have poisoned her or something himself because she dropped dead a few days later and I had to resurrect her. He also tried to steal her journal when she got it back, but she had warded it and he sheepishly gave it back to her. The man was getting on my ever-loving nerves, so I left him at the Jovial Juggler to relax. I hoped it would mellow him out, but it didn't. I know because I picked him up again when I got Thorfinn Hauskluniff killed by lightning in Feldepost's Inn. He lasted until the Valley of the Tombs, when he and everyone else in my group died to amazon mercenary bounty hunters from hell. I dropped him off again at the Jovial Juggler, a mite sheepishly.

Posted Image Posted Image Finch: A level 3 gnome Priest of Deneir who knows level 1 and level 2 cleric spells. An extremely happy miniature librarian stereotype. Confirmed that unfortunately she does not come with a stand mount. Met briefly in Candlekeep gardens. Actually said "anyhoo" in conversation. Met her again at the Red Sheaf Inn in Beregost where she helped us kill Karlat, a dwarf mercenary trying to collect on the bounty on my head. Joined up with us after the fight. Apparently she and Imoen had some history from Candlekeep, when she had punched Imoen in the head after Imoen glued a book together that she was reading. At level 1 she was also the juggernaut of destruction against Bassilus in the Red Canyons, destroying his undead with dialogue and Dooming him to succumb to the party's assault. She tried her hand out at co-tanking with Shar-Teel and then Ajantis mostly against ankhegs, resulting in several deaths for her. It turns out that she recognizes Ajantis from Waterdeep, where they both grew up, although in very different circles. She was the ninth of seventeen gnomish children in a house much too small. She and Ajantis had a nice conversation about home nevertheless. She served us faithfully until she died against Rhialto while wielding the Flame of the North. We gave her some R&R at the Jovial Juggler and picked up Jaheira in her place. When it was time to go to the Nashkel Mines, we bribed her to come with us and, with Viconia, she backed us up with healing. We had to bribe her, though, because she didn't want to come. She became the lone healer when we switched Viconia out for Mur'neth. She expressed distrust for Boo, Minsc's animal companion, because she thought his rodent instincts would take over and he'd start chewing on her books. Minsc assured her this was not the case. Unfortunately during the ultimate battle at the bottom of the mines, she tried to heal Minsc while he was in a berserker rage and he cleft her in twain with one blow of the Flame of the North. We resurrected her and dropped her and Minsc both off at the Jovial Juggler. Hopefully this didn't put her completely off of adventuring.

Posted Image Posted Image Garrick: A level 5 human Singer who doesn't know any spells yet, but could cast level 1 or level 2 spells if he was taught any. Originally, Garrick approached us outside of the Burning Wizard Inn and propositioned us for a job for his mistress, Silke. But in the ensuing fight, he became scared when a wild surge from one of my spells cast Horror upon everyone. We didn't see him for months and expected to never see him again, until Imoen got killed and took a vacation in the Jovial Juggler. When we got back from our adventures and added her back to the party, Imoen re-introduced us to Garrick, who had presumably just walked in off the street. She had taken quite a fancy to him and he to us. He said he wanted to write a story about me. I was flattered, of course, and said maybe some day he could travel with us and get some first-hand experiences. He made a first impression of being a little needy, though, when he immediately performed a song for us and then asked me how his singing was. I told him it was fine.

Posted Image Posted Image Gavin: A level 3 human Morninglord of Lathander who knows level 1 and level 2 cleric spells. We met him outside of the Song of the Morning Temple in Beregost. Very devout, and good in a fight. Older guy, and liked to talk. Very scared of giant spiders. Hinted that he was trying to raise money for someone by adventuring, but didn't go into details right away. When we let him go for a while, he stood guard in front of the Song of the Morning Temple waiting for us to pick him up again. After Ajantis was one-shot killed by a Kobold Captain in the Trade Way South which led to him deserting the party, we decided to pick up Gavin again and travel with him for a while longer. He wasted no time in asking me about my childhood and my hobbies, and seemed very earnestly thankful that I told him about that stuff. Weird. We ended up talking about such subjects as the ultimate consequences of our actions and the possibilities of world peace. He seemed like quite a thoughtful guy, if a little chatty. He eventually confessed to his secret sin, which was being married to a complete bitch who tricked him into raising a daughter not his own and cheated on him with any rich guy whenever he was away. He seemed to think we would want him out of the party after his confession, but we said that as long as it didn't interfere with party business it didn't matter. He seemed incredibly relieved. His good relationship with Keldath Ormlyr at the Song of the Morning Temple led to him giving us a quest to stop the mad mage Mutamin who was trying to tame basilisks to the east. We agreed to take care of it right away. We killed Mutamin and got 1,000 gold from Keldath. When we un-stoned Branwen at the Nashkel Carnival we decided to give Gavin some time to see his family and let him go back to Beregost. In an alternate-reality flashback that I experienced while in the Nashkel mines, I saw myself and Gavin meeting with a temple messenger who had yet another job for us to do. I saw myself agreeing to go with him to the temple to find out the problem. I was the same color in the flashback as I am now, so I thought perhaps it was real. We didn't get around to him, however, until a total party slaughter at the Valley of the Tombs left us with no other choice, due to shame, a need to rest, and some other problems. We had to sneak our way around some mercenaries who were sieging the Song of the Morning Temple to even talk to Gavin again. We approached from the east, but were chased off by worgs and dread wolves. Then we approached from the south, and I was barely able to run in and yell at him to follow us before we had to both run into the west entrance of the temple and then out its south exit to get away from the mercs tailing us. He was instrumental in the fight against Corsone, the shadow druid who helped us to kill his fellow grief-stricken druid Ozmadi in Larswood. He saw me changed into a woman, but didn't say anything. When I started asking him some questions about how he liked adventuring, he said he would probably like it better in retrospect. I also asked him why he uses a hammer when most clerics use a mace. He said that the hammer can be used as a tool as well, and that possibility reminds him to always be aware of the consequences of his actions. He was great in the first raid on the bandit camp, casting Entangles to go along with my webs and healing everything in sight. But when it was time to reorganize the party for our rampage of vengeance against all who had killed us before, we favored Branwen as our cleric of choice and let him go back to guarding the Song of the Morning Temple.

Posted Image Posted Image Imoen: A level 6 human Charming Rogue who can cast Magic Missile, Color Spray, Burning Hands, Friends, Invisibility, Charm, and Reflect Image innately. She's pretty smart and will dual-class to a mage in a couple more levels. My childhood friend, partner in crime, and a general troublemaker. She reads letters that she's not supposed to. She also followed me out of Candlekeep and pledged to keep me company until I got tired of her. Nice girl, her. When we killed Tarnesh on the steps of the Friendly Arm Inn, she picked up his spellbook and started studying it. She created a strange book-like artifact that makes her more dexterous once a day. Meanwhile, she has become a pretty good thief, as evidenced by the Great Beregost Caper, when she went into every single house and building in the city and brought back everything, leaving them weaponless, potionless, and penniless. Xzar seems to enjoy freaking her out. In a conversation with Gavin, I told him that one of my hobbies was getting drunk in the taverns with Imoen. She's a great drinking buddy. When we got to Nashkel and killed the assassin waiting for us at the Nashkel Inn, I finally let it slip that I had been attacked by assassins within Candlekeep. She was shocked, and wanted to know why I hadn't told her. I said that I wanted to spare her the worry and prevent her from getting mixed up in all this, which she did anyways. She used Minsc to semi-blackmail Dynaheir into teaching her how to cast Burning Hands, and yet we still all love her. She has been in my party and my presence since I left Candlekeep, and never even died until amazons hunted us down in the Valley of the Tombs and killed the entire party. I barely had time to get our equipment and get out of there. I sadly gave her some time to rest at the Jovial Juggler. After I got turned into a woman, failed the first raid on the bandit camp, and came back to the Jovial Juggler, we became better friends than ever! I of course invited her back onto the road with me and she accepted while calling me a rumjake fool. I love this girl. Safana has taken a liking to her, too, and they are quickly becoming best thief buddies forever. Safana even showed her how to lockpick more effectively, and said that Imoen reminded her of another pretty young thing she once knew. She has been quite effective against the orks around Restenford. Imoen once asked Safana how she remained looking so good even during combat. She replied that one has to think beyond the immediate future and plan for the long-term, and always looking good is part of that. After Branwen broke up with me in Restenford, Imoen cornered her and forced her to admit that Branwen still has feelings for me. I can never have as good of a friend as Imoen.

Posted Image Posted Image Jaheira: A level 1/1 half-elf fighter/Priest of Sylvanus who can cast some level 1 cleric spells. A very pushy woman. She says that she and Khalid often "look into" local concerns, and she wanted us to all look into what was going down in Nashkel. Lets Khalid follow her around like a lost puppy. She disapproved of us working for Silke, and reprimanded me for doing that. After some time together we decided to trade her and Khalid for Finch and Shar-Teel. She took Khalid and left for the Friendly Arm Inn without so much as a goodbye. After Finch died for the 4th time, we approached Jaheira again to join our party, which she did without being accompanied by Khalid. She immediately tried to call out Gavin for not pulling his weight in the group and not telling the party about his wife and child, even though he already had told us while she was not around. She came out of the talk looking like a complete nosy bitch. She later died to a surprise Astral Phase Spider hiding out in a cave near the Song of the Morning Temple, cut down in one round. We resurrected her, dropped her off at the Jovial Juggler, and picked up Shar-Teel instead. We picked her up again after Thorfinn Hauskluniff and Dynaheir died taking out Tazok's lackey Tranzig in Feldepost's Inn. She lasted until we went to the Valley of the Tombs, where she and everyone else was slaughtered by some amazonian merceneries sent out to kill us for the Iron Throne. I dropped her back off at the Jovial Juggler and picked up Khalid instead.

Posted Image Posted Image Kagain: A level 3 dwarf Gladiator. Was working as a mercenary in Beregost when we walked into his office. He wanted us to look for a lost caravan, but we had already found the remains of it, and showed him Silvershield's fibula. He quickly realized he was in a heap of trouble and offered to join up with us. Wonder if he will bring that trouble with him. Spent a whole lot of time in the Jovial Juggler, but when Branwen was killed at Bear River we picked him up to replace her. Boo seem to not like him. When we assaulted the Gnoll Stronghold, Kagain did well in combat, but eventually fell to some Dire Wolves while Held near the pinnacle of the fortress. We were so close to completely destroying the gnolls we didn't give him a break, just resurrected him and threw him back into the fight. He only left our party after we rescued Dynaheir, and was completely happy to get a break to relax at the Jovial Juggler. After a total party slaughter in the Valley of the Tombs, he was one of the most well rested, so we picked him up again. He put up a strong showing against the bandits, flinds, and giant spiders we have been encountering. He also seemed to admire Kivan, because Kivan didn't steal things, stayed quiet, and was deadly with a bow. Kivan didn't return the sentiment, though. He was part of the party when we went to Larswood and fought Ozmadi, the druid crazed with grief. Kagain was there when I changed into a woman. He hasn't yet said anything, though. When I tried to talk to him at the Friendly Arm common room, trying to get him to tell me more about himself, he said these were dangerous times we lived in. He also said he had no friends, and didn't understand why we all had suddenly come into his life. Then he said that if he had something to tell us, he would, but he doesn't, so he won't. He's a gruff old bugger. He did pretty well in the first raid against the bandit camp, killing mercs and eating lightning bolts like it was nothing. Too bad he died to a spider after we ran away and got lost. We resurrected him and sent him back to his favorite haunt - the good old Jovial Juggler.

Posted Image Posted Image Keiria Silverstring: A level 6 half-elf Spellsinger who can cast quite a few Level 1 and Level 2 spells. We met her at the Nashkel Carnival after clearing out the bandit camp. She volunteered to join us, and we said ok. We don't really know anything about her yet except that she is quite beautiful and talented and heavily favors the elven side of her heritage.

Posted Image Posted Image Khalid: A level 1 half-elf Duskblade. A nerdy fighter who has read up on ancient elven spellcasting techniques, and Jaheira's companion. Stutters. Gets scared a lot. Apparently a long-time friend of Gorion and interested in what's going on down in Nashkel. But mostly he's interested in everything that Jaheira is, because it's just like that. Followed Jaheira to the Friendly Arm Inn when we replaced them with Finch and Shar-Teel. He can and does rejoin us without Jaheira, though, if we ask. We didn't party with him for a long time, until the entire party was slaughtered by amazonian mercenaries in the Valley of the Tombs. He was part of the relief party that took over from those poor dead ones. When he joined, he immediately asked me if I would continue on in my quest to rid the land of the bandits. When I said I would, he said he hoped it wasn't just for bloody-minded vengeance. But when I said vengeance was enough, he surprisingly said he would have to stay by my side even so then. I guess even though he didn't say it he also wanted to get revenge on Gorion's killer. He did a pretty good job during his second time in the group, fighting side-by-side with Kagain and killing more than his fair share of bandits, gnolls, and spiders. Unfortunately in his last spider fight he got poisoned trying to protect a paralyzed Gavin from getting poisoned as well, and we were out of antidotes. Despite drinking all the healing potions and eating all the Goodberries he could, he couldn't overcome the poison and died in the Peldvale. It was excruciatingly frustrating watching him go without being able to help. We dropped him off back at the Jovial Juggler in shame.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Kivan: A level 5 elf murder machine Archer. We met outside of High Hedge. Said he had been hunting bandits for the past several months and that he would be happy to join with us if we were doing the same. When pressed, said that the bandit leader Tazok had killed someone dear to him. We took him in. But he kept going on and on about his loneliness and grief at losing his wife, Deheriana, and dragging down the group. We started to tell him to shut up. He and Shar-Teel didn't get along at all. When we killed Bassilus he considered the cleric to be like himself, caught up with the spirits of the dead. Hinted that he will commit suicide after killing Tazok. We decided to give him a break at the Jovial Juggler after killing Bassilus, picking up Xzar instead. Kivan stayed out of our party for many weeks, until a total slaughter of the party in the Valley of the Tombs set us back severely. Not willing to risk anyone else, I picked him up as one of the pinch-hitters. He was a murder machine, killing lots of monsters before anyone else even got to them. When we got to Larswood, we ran into a bandit leader named Teven. He recognized Kivan and said that if the bandits brought his head to Tazok, they'd be rich. Kivan killed him and every single other bandit in that group. Later, after killing the druids Ozmadi and Corsone, the elf made out like a bandit himself, getting a ton of nature-loving equipment for his own. He also saw me changed into a woman, but didn't say anything. When I tried to get him into a conversation he cut me off curtly, saying that we should quicken our search for the bandits and their camp, or he would leave us to find help elsewhere. We of course did track the bandits back to their camp, and he slayed them left and right, most notably the hobgoblin Ardenor Crush with an arrow to the face on the first raid of the bandit camp proper. When we went back to the Jovial Juggler and picked up Branwen, she took an almost motherly interest in Kivan. She was concerned that he moaned when he slept. He tried to discourage her potions and advice by telling her how much less elves sleep, but she would not be discouraged. He was an engine of destruction everywhere we went. He doesn't even talk about his dead wife anymore - it's just killshot, killshot, killshot from him. I think I like him better this way. He did show some life when we picked up Safana, listening intently to her stories and looking marginally alive, but other than that he's been quiet. He has been a silent angel of death in Restenford, not reacting much to anything. Branwen offered him the comfort of her bosom in a friendly flirtation, but he politely declined, saying that he only wanted vengeance for the death of his wife. Imoen later commented that Deheriana was lucky to have someone who loved her that much, and Kivan almost flew into a rage, saying that it was his love that doomed Deheriana to death, because he had convinced her to go adventuring in the first place. He blames himself for her torture and death at the hands of Tazok and company. When Branwen approached him about her doubts regarding our love, he told her straight out that someone in love is not weaker or more cowardly in battle, but that they are inspired to fight better for the one they love. He should know, he is the expert. I hope his words bring Branwen around again.

Posted Image Posted Image Minsc: A level 4 human ranger. We met him near the Nashkel barracks. Carried around what he claims to be a miniature giant space hamster, Boo. Said that he needed to go save a woman Dynaheir from gnolls. We agreed to help, sending Rose back to the Burning Wizard Inn. Grabbed and intimidated a pickpocket into giving us most of our money back after he tried to pull a fast one on us in one of the gambling tents at the Nashkel Carnival. Was extremely suspicious of Edwin, watching him closely. Held the line against an unknown number of xvarts, probably over 50, with the Flame of the North. He was flanked by Haiass and my cat familiar. They died, he lived. Was the lynchpin in our party for a while, single-handedly destroying more gnolls than the rest of the party combined. He was overjoyed to have Dynaheir back, happy enough that he began telling bedtime stories to Boo. He almost told us a very embarrassing story involving Dynaheir, skinny dipping, and someone stealing her clothes, but was barely stopped by Dynaheir herself. Was extremely effective against Mulahey and his minions in the ultimate fight at the bottom of the Nashkel Mines, but actually too effective. When Finch stepped up to heal him while he was in a berserker rage, he cut her down in one blow. We had to give him a time out back at the Jovial Juggler, hopefully enough time to have Dynaheir explain to him why killing party members is wrong. Xan took his place.

Posted Image Posted Image Mur'Neth: A level 3 ghaunadan Ghaunadan. A slime-shaped mockery of a man that makes hideous sounds approaching speech come out of his flapping mouth-hole. He is a loyal servant of Ghaunadaur, the evil god of oozes, slimes, and jellies, worshipped by some drow. We met him deep within the Nashkel mines, and he said he was investigating the poison that the people were using to poison the iron. He didn't care about the iron itself, but the poison was killing slimes and jellies, so his god sent him to stop it. He is very devout, and it's kinda creepy. Also he gurgles when he talks. I personally don't like him and wouldn't care if he died. We have had one conversation so far where he asserted that jellies and slimes were at the top of the food chain and if there weren't so many kobolds around his brethren wouldn't mind eating miners. Disgusting. He died in one hit to an orc berserker when we got out of the Nashkel Mines, and we dropped him off at the Jovial Juggler. Hopefully he doesn't eat anybody while he's there. Apparently he hadn't caused too much trouble by the time we got back from the failed first raid on the bandit camp, so we were able to pick him up again to rejoin the party. Since then I think he has been trying to convert me to the worship of his slime god, and doesnt talk about much else. When we came across Safana, we decided that her non-slimy ways were preferable to his gurgliness and sent him back to the Jovial Juggler again. I didn't tell him to not eat anyone this time, so I sometimes wonder if he will. He won't, right? Right?

Posted Image Posted Image Rose: A level 4 half-elf White Dragon Disciple who knows some level 1 spells and can cast Chill Touch innately. We first saw her being accosted in the Burning Wizard Inn, but the man said she took his money. Silke had taught us the danger of a pretty face not five minutes before, so we didn't immediately side with the chick. We tried to mediate the situation, offering the man 10 gold to drop it. He did, cursing us all. After he left Rose gave us 23 gold, which was what she considered to be our cut. Clever girl. Originally from Athkatla. Wanted to become an actress in the plays in the bridge district there, but her parents never let her. That's one of the reasons why she ran away. Likes singing, and clouds, and enjoying life. Dislikes wearing armor, as it chafes her. We dropped her off at the Jovial Juggler after killing Bassilus, wanting to give Tiax a chance in the party. After clearing out the road between Beregost and Nashkel, we picked her back up as the 5th member. She was present at the slaying of Rhialto, singing all the way through and not getting hit once. She was also helpful during the slaying of the mad mage Mutamin and his basilisk and medusa armies. However, when we met Minsc, we decided to take him on and let Rose go back to the Burning Wizard. We left her there for many weeks, until one fateful day in the Valley of the Tombs everyone was slaughtered except for me and the mule. Ashamed, weakened, disheartened, we limped back to the Jovial Juggler and picked her up as a replacement. Her songs have been making everybody just that much more effective. She sang us through the confrontation with the grief-stricken druid Ozmadi and his evil fellow hippie Corsone as well, and was there when I was changed into a woman. She was there for me when I ran back to the Friendly Arm Inn in confusion, and helped me through my first hesitant steps of womanhood. We bonded over dresses and tea, and I asked her how she started life on the road. She said that she just couldn't stand her previous life, so one day she just up and left. I told her I admired her decision, and she was overjoyed that I didn't judge her. She asked about my past, and commiserated with me when I told of Gorion's death. She's a good friend, that Rose. She contributed to the Sticky Mess strategy we used on our first raid of the bandit camp, casting Grease on top of Gavin's Entangle and my Web, which was designed to slow down the bandits enough for us to pick them off. Didn't work so well, and she got a few arrows to the face, but managed to survive nevertheless. We had to retreat and revise our strategy back at the Jovial Juggler, and decided to let her go temporarily. She's there now.

Posted Image Posted Image Safana: A level 6 human Treasure Hunter. We met her near the Lighthouse that is south of Candlekeep, and she introduced herself to us as a treasure hunter looking for lost pirate gold. She asked our help and said we could split the profits with her. We agreed, sent Mur'Neth back to the Jovial Juggler, and set out with her to find this treasure. We found the treasure, which included a cloak that would turn someone into a werewolf. Safana has been using it and glorying in the raw, primal fury it gives her. She's kinda scary sometimes. When she's not bathing in the blood of our enemies, she's giving Imoen thieving tips and flirting with Kivan, even making him laugh. Kivan! Laughing! I can hardly believe it. She's been an absolute essential member of the party in Restenford, picking all the locks, disarming all the traps, even up to stealing Pelltar's spellbook for me right from his tower! I don't think I can be bothered by anything she does after that. She has been turning into a werewolf and going toe-to-toe with orcs outside of Restenford and coming out on top, if barely. She seems to have a soft spot for Kivan, and confessed that his grief for his lost Deheriana reminded her of her father's grief when he lost her mother. She has a friendly rivalry with Branwen, as they try to see if men more prefer the skinny, sultry, dextrous type in Safana, or the strong, boisterous, bold, and buxom type in Branwen. She also has been schooling Imoen on the importance of looking good at all times, even in combat.

Posted Image Posted Image Shar-Teel: A level 3 human Sellsword. Met us on the road to Nashkel. Challenged our best warrior to a duel. Khalid stepped up to the plate and gave her a nice, solid cut. She capitulated and joined our party. We gave her a compliment once, and she started assuming we were together. That apparently translates as her berating us for staring at her too long, and telling us about her crooked, chauvinist pig of a father Angelo. Later, she told us of her role model and mentor, the powerful and cruel mercenary Ysena, who trained her to be what she is today. During that conversation she let it slip that she worked in the slave trade. Later, in a boot-related romantic encounter, I told her I had lost interest, and it seemed like she didn't care. But she still feels something deep down inside. When we found Ajantis we decided to send her back to the Jovial Juggler in Beregost for a while, to give us some time apart. Eventually whenever we would go back there, I would manage to talk to her. I have told her my life story, and she said I was still a pox-ridden son of a pig. Considers pushing and shoving to be gestures of love. She ruthlessly slaughtered the mad mage Mutamin at the perfect time, saving the fight and allowing us to win. When we met Edwin, we decided to let Shar-Teel rest at the Jovial Juggler and pick him up instead. I thought that things had cooled between Shar-Teel and I, since I was saving so many puppies and fixing so many problems. But I guess me becoming a woman really gets her goat, because she is flirting with me shamelessly now that I'm back at the Jovial Juggler. I think she wants me bad!

Posted Image Posted Image Skeezer Lumpkin VI: A level 4/5 gnome Illusionist/thief who knows some Level 1 and Level 2 spells. We don't know much about him either except that he introduced himself at the Nashkel Carnival and offered to travel with us. Seems nice enough, I suppose.

Posted Image Posted Image Thorfinn Hauskluniff: A level 4 human Frost Dweller who showed up at the Jovial Juggler after we saved the Nashkel mines from the evil clutches of Mulahey. He hails from the frozen northlands, and told us very wisely that bitches be trippin'. He likes dual-wielding axes, and took up both of his against Tranzig, the evil wizard helping out the bandits and their mysterious leader, Tazok. Unfortunately he couldn't handle two lightning bolts to the face, and went down during the fight. We gave him some time to recover at the Jovial Juggler. This seems to happen to my friends a lot. I am a horrible person.

Posted Image Posted Image Tiax: A level 2/2 gnome Strifeleader of Cyric/thief who can cast some level 1 cleric spells and can summon a ghast in battle. We found him at the city center of Beregost. He recruited us into his cause of world domination without so much as an interview and has been haranguing us about it ever since. We left him at the Jovial Juggler in Beregost for a while after he exhorted us to kill more puppies and defile more temples, because he was getting annoying. But after killing Bassilus, who was also a priest of Cyric, we picked him up again because I was impressed with Bassilus' raw power. When Ajantis joined us, he disapproved of Tiax and asked me why Tiax was with us. We answered honestly by saying that Tiax entertained us, and Tiax became quite offended. His summoned ghasts move slowly, but are great tanks in a fight. We eventually sent him back to the Jovial Juggler when we came across Bub Snikt. And we left him there for several weeks, until Khalid got killed in Larswood and we thought his healing and ghasts might be more useful. We took him back to Larswood with us and his ghast was instrumental in our fight against the grief-stricken Ozmadi and his evil druid traitor companion Corsone. Tiax saw me changed into a woman. He hasn't yet said anything, though. He has been getting into fights with Kagain lately. The dwarf just can't seem to stand him. Kagain has threatened to kneecap him if he doesn't conform to gnomish norms soon. Also, Kivan told Tiax about the drow, and compared Tiax to them. It was then that he realized Tiax was truly delusional when the little gnome said that the drow would grovel and beg for his forgiveness some day or something equally stupid. During the fight at the bandit camp, Tiax became frightened and started running around randomly, crossing the beam from my Ring of Energy two times. The second time was too much for him, and he was burned crispy. We resurrected him and left him at the Jovial Juggler, because who wants to deal with him anymore?

Posted Image Posted Image Viconia: A level 4 drow Nightcloak of Shar that can cast some level 1 and level 2 cleric spells. We met her in the Trade Way North when she ran up to us and asked us for help. We said yes, not realizing what she meant. She was being chased by a Flaming Fist mercenary who accused her of murder and demanded her death. I said he had to go through us first, and he attacked us all. We had to kill him. That night, when we had finally gotten back to the Jovial Juggler, she came to thank me for rescuing her. I got her to "thank" me in the particular drow way I had heard about. She landed the killing blow against the mad mage Rhialto, which let me loot his spellbook and gain forbidden arcane knowledge. She was also instrumental in turning the tide of battle in our favor during the fight with the mad mage Mutamin, blessing us, cursing our allies, and Knowing the last Opponent so that we could kill her without getting turned to stone. Both when we cast Stone to Flesh on Tamah near Mutamin's garden, and when we cast Stone to Flesh on Branwen at the Nashkel Carnival, Viconia fervently agreed with our actions and showed great concern for the petrified women. She stayed silent throughout most of the rescue of Dynaheir, although her heals were vital to keeping everyone alive. After we rescued Dynaheir, she became more talkative, expressing her respect for the sorceress. Dynaheir was hesitant to respond, though. When we went down into the Nashkel mines, she said they reminded her somewhat of her home. We decided to give her a break when we came across Mur'neth, as they would likely not get along. She is currently hesitantly resting at the Jovial Juggler, convinced that such a place is not good for her continued health.

#424 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Will Scarlet O'Hara: A level 1 human Troubadour. He greeted us as soon as we got to Beregost. Very helpful, nice guy. Offered to join us in our adventures, so we accepted. Wields a flail in melee and is proud of it. Has 6,000 gold worth of equipment waiting to be bought from different places around town. We left him at the Jovial Juggler despite his crazy-awesome bard song that gives everybody an extra attack per round because he doesn't talk and has a face people just want to punch.

Posted Image Posted Image Xan: An amazingly handsome level 4 elf bladesinger. When we killed Mulahey at the bottom of the Nashkel mines, we found Xan in one of the side caverns. He said he had been held there for 85 days, and had originally been sent to investigate the strange goings-on in this area. We had been on the road for 82 days at that point, so he had just a few days head-start on us, so to speak. He asked us if we had found his sword, and offered to join us. We took him up on his offer because we were without a reliable swordsman, since Minsc had just killed Finch in a berserker frenzy and none of us felt comfortable around him. I have only known Xan for a short while but he's just so... elven. I can tell that he knows a lot about our people, much more than I could ever know. I want to learn from him. I want to be just like him! After the Nashkel Mines, when we reorganized our party, we left him at the Jovial Juggler. Then I became a woman and started to see Xan in a new light. I also started desperately hoping that he saw me in a new light as well. He did, as I found out after we failed our first raid on the bandit camp and we picked him back up again. Wielding his Moonblade and holding the Shield of Falling Stars with a strength boost made him an unexpectedly impressive tank. Things quickly got complicated between Xan and I. He seemed to be torn between his inevitable destiny of being bound to the Moonblade's destiny in life and his soul bound inside it after death, and being with me to protect me. He wants me to be safe, and happy, even though he is convinced that neither of those things are for him. He does seem to love me, and has almost admitted it, but seems to think our relationship is doomed no matter what choices he makes. I keep telling him that I do not want to see him go and do not want him to be uncomfortable, and he always chooses to stay. His loyalty was too much for him to handle, though, because his dire pronouncements of his own fate came to horrible truth during the liberation of the Song of the Morining Temple. He was the only one struck down by the mercenaries sieging it. We sent him back to the Jovial Juggler to rest, and I am not sure how he will feel about me when I get back from Restenford.

Posted Image Posted Image Xzar: A level 2 human Necromancer that knows a few level 1 spells. Crazy dude Imoen and I met on the road right after Gorion had died. Knew that we had been attacked, offered us a healing potion and then tried to guilt us into going to Nashkel with him and his half-pint thug Montaron. With nothing better to do, we joined up with them at first. We then left him at the Jovial Juggler because we favored some other companions. When we found a mithril ring in the Ankheg pit he appropriated it for himself, saying that he was going to enchant it with 'guidance.' From what, we do not know. Teases Imoen with talk of death, and Ajantis with talk of dragons. When we met Bub Snikt, we decided to give Xzar a break and travel with Bub for a while. He didn't seem to mind at all. We picked him up again when it was time to go to the Nashkel mines. While traveling with Finch, he noticed her scribbling away in her journal and asked her what she was doing. When she replied that she was writing down everything that we said and did, he became convinced she was a spy for a nameless enemy, and refused to tell her anything. We decided to give him some time off when we met Mur'neth, and sent him back to the good ol' JJ.

Remember: Each thread poster has 5 votes, which they can use to either vote FOR or AGAINST any character to be a party member. You can use all 5 votes for one character, or spread them out. You can vote both positively and negatively. If you vote too many times, only the first 5 votes are counted. If there is a tie, the character with the least amount of negative votes wins. If there's a tie in both positive and negative votes, I'll flip a coin. After voting is closed, the top 5 characters will join the party until they die.

There is one more thing we need to vote on: Should I intentionally drop my reputation to below 10: YES or NO.

There are actually several reasons to do so. First of all, I don't know if you've been keeping track or not, but I've gotten 3 dreams powers so far. These have also been the subject of a mod, called the Revised Bhaalpowers mod. You can get two of each tier, one per dream. So far I've gotten the first revised Bhaalpower for low reputation, Drain Life, part of the first tier. Then I raised my reputation before killing Mulahey and got Healing Touch, its counterpart for the first tier. My reputation was still high when I finished the bandit camp, so I got Cure Affliction, which is the second tier. If I lower my reputation to below 10 before finishing the Cloakwood area then I would get Cause Affliction, also second tier:

Cause Affliction (was Horror)

Range: Touch
Duration: Special
Casting Time: 1
Area of Effect: 1 creature
Saving Throw: Neg.

By a simple touch, the Bhaalspawn can bestow an affliction upon a single living creature unless it makes a saving throw vs. death. The potency of this ability increases as the Bhaalspawn becomes more experienced:

Level 1: the target is poisoned (taking 5 hit points of damage + 1 per every two levels of the Bhaalspawn, up to a maximum of 15)
Level 6: the target is poisoned and diseased (taking a 2 point penalty to its strength and constitution scores)
Level 12: the target is poisoned, diseased, blinded and deafened
Level 18: the target is poisoned, diseased, blinded, deafened and feebleminded

That's some pretty powerful stuff. Also the reputation you get affects the romances you have, as you all well know. If we lowered our reputation to below 10, we could continue to romance Shar-Teel. We could also continue to romance Xan at the same time. However, if we lowered our reputation to below 11, we could not romance Coran. That's the drawback.

So let me summarize:

YES answer - take rep below 10, would cause:
    * Shar-Teel to love us again
    * us to get Cause Affliction after clearing out the Cloakwood
    * Xan to continue to love us no matter what
    * Coran to not be interested in us
NO answer - don't take rep below 10, would cause:
    * Shar-Teel to still not love us, but maybe still flirt
    * us to get another Cure Affliction after clearing out the Cloakwood
    * Coran to start to romance us
    * Xan to continue to romance us no matter what
    * Coran and Xan to come into "conflict" over our love
    * A few more rep points gets us discounts in stores
So please vote on this as well. A typical vote would then look like this:

3 Xan, 2 Dynaheir, YES. (not a real vote don't count this later Vorgen)

#425 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

1 Edwin
1 Finch
1 Keiria Silverstring
1 Kagain
1 Shar-Teel
YES

#426 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

3 Kivan
1 Imoen - dual her now
1 Silverstring
NO
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#427 SapphireIce101

SapphireIce101
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

3 Kivan, 1 Imoen, 1 Xan. NO

#428 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Ok, here's how the votes stand right now:
Place	Name		Positive	Negative	Total	Last Time 
=========================================================================
 	Imoen		29		   0		29	63 (1st)
	Kiera		26		   0		26	(being a superstar)
 	Viconia		22		   0		22	14 (9th)
 	Xan		16		   0		16	17 (5th)
	Skeezer		14		   0		14	(making his staff)
 	Kivan		14		   0		14	52 (2nd)
 	Kagain		14		   0		14	14 (8th)
 	Bub		12		   0		12	2  (20th)
 	Minsc		14		 - 5		 9	15 (7th)
 	Will		 5		   0		 5 	7  (12th)
 	Shar-Teel	48		 -43		 5	8  (11th)
 	Rose		 4		   0		 4 	4  (17th)
 	Finch		 3		   0		 3	16 (6th)
 	Branwen		 2		   0		 2	24 (4th)
 	Edwin		 2		   0		 2 	8  (10th)
 	Dynaheir	 2		   0		 2 	6  (14th)
 	Mur'Neth	 1		   0		 1	31 (3rd)
 	Tiax		 1		   0 		 1 	6  (13th)
 	Khalid		 1		   0		 1 	2  (21st)
 	Jaheira		 1		   0		 1 	2  (22nd)
 	Xzar		 1		   0		 1 	5  (15th)
 	Bjornin		 0		   0 		 0	5  (16th)
 	Gavin		 0		   0		 0	3  (18th)
 	Thorfinn	 0		   0		 0	2  (19th)

Change Reputation:
Yes:	.......................
No:	...........................

Imoen is still coming in strong at 1st, while Kiera is making a very strong showing. Shar-Teel, of course, is dividing the thread as always, and suprisingly enough the reputation change vote is neck-and-neck. It seems that those voting for Shar-Teel generally vote for lowering reputation, while those against Shar-Teel also vote against lowering reputation. I feel that this shows the thread is about equally divided between good and evil, and I approve. Let's keep the votes coming in! Make sure you favorite guy or girl is up there!

Edited by Usurper, 16 April 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#429 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

4 Kivan, 1 Imoen, NO

#430 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

5 Dynaheir, NO :)

#431 Lurker of the north

Lurker of the north

Permanently temporary

• 97 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

1 kivan, 1 Viconia, -3 Skeezer, -YES!
LotN

#432 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

Here are the current votes:

Place	Name		Positive	Negative	Total	Last Time 
=========================================================================
 	Imoen		37		  0		37	63 (1st)
 	Kivan		39		- 3		36	52 (2nd)
 	Xan		41		- 5		36	17 (5th)
 	Shar-Teel	89		-56		33	8  (11th)
	Kiera		28		  0		28	(signing autographs)
 	Viconia		27		  0		27	14 (9th)
 	Bub		20		  0		20	2  (20th)
 	Kagain		17		  0		17	14 (8th)
 	Minsc		27		-10		17	15 (7th)
	Skeezer		17		- 3		14	(making his staff)
 	Dynaheir	10		  0		10	6  (14th)
 	Jaheira		 7		  0		 7	2  (22nd)
 	Xzar		 7		  0		 7	5  (15th)
	Safana		 5		  0		 5	(man hunting)
 	Rose		 4		  0		 4	4  (17th)
 	Will		 3		  0		 3	7  (12th)
 	Finch		 3		  0		 3	16 (6th)
 	Edwin		 2		  0		 2	8  (10th)
 	Branwen		 2		  0		 2	24 (4th)
 	Khalid		 1		  0		 1	2  (21st)
 	Tiax		 1		  0		 1	6  (13th)
 	Mur'Neth	 1		  0		 1	31 (3rd)
 	Bjornin		 0		  0 		 0	5  (16th)
 	Gavin		 0		  0		 0	3  (18th)
 	Thorfinn	 0		  0		 0	2  (19th)

Lower Reputation:
Yes:	..........................................
No:	............................................

No comments.

You have 19.5 hours to get your votes in before I close voting and play the next update.

Edited by Usurper, 18 April 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#433 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

@Usurper - did you get my vote in for Keria, even through my post said Silverstring? It's the same person I'm voting for.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#434 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

-5 Xan
NO

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#435 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

@Usurper - did you get my vote in for Keria, even through my post said Silverstring? It's the same person I'm voting for.

Yep, I got it.

#436 -Milkwood-

-Milkwood-

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

-5 Imoen, we'll be seeing plenty of her next game. Let's give her a rest already

#437 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

There has been more fan fiction produced in the main thread. This is truly a thing of beauty:

Shar-Teel and Xan
by Seuss of Soubar

I am Kivan.

Posted Image

I am Kivan.

Kivan I am.

Posted Image

Posted ImageThat Kivan-I-am! That Kivan-I-am! I do not like that Kivan-I-am!

Posted ImageWould you vote for Shar-Teel and Xan?

Posted ImageI do not like them, Kivan-I-am. I do not like Shar-Teel and Xan.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImageWould you like them here or there?

Posted ImageI would not like them anywhere! I do not want Shar-Teel and Xan. I do not like them, Kivan-I-Am.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
Would you like them with a necromancer?
Would you like them with a space hamster?

Posted Image
I would not like them with a necromancer!
I would not like them with a space hamster!
I would not like them here or there! I would not like them anywhere!

Posted ImageI do not want Shar-Teel and Xan. I do not like them, Kivan-I-am!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
Would you take them to a pub?
Would you help shed monsters' blood?

Posted Image
Not in a pub! They couldn't shed monster blood!

Posted ImageI do not want Shar-Teel and Xan. I do not like them, Kivan-I-am!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
Would you, could you, in a wood?
Take them! Take them! You know you should!

Posted ImageI would not, could not, in a wood!

Posted Image
You may like them, you will see!
You may like them up a tree!

Posted ImageI would not, could not, up a tree! Not in a wood! You let me be!

Posted Image

Posted ImageI will not vote Shar-Teel and Xan. I do not like them, Kivan-I-am!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
A train! A train! A wagon train!
Could you, would you, on a train?

Posted ImageNot on a train! Not up a tree! Not in a wood! Please let me be!

Posted Image

Posted ImageI will not vote Shar-Teel and Xan. I do not like them, Kivan-I-am!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImageSay! In the dark! Would you, could you, in the Underdark?

Posted ImageI would not, could not, in the Underdark!

Posted ImageWould you, could you, in the rain?

Posted Image
I would not, could not, in the rain!
Not in the Underdark and not on a train!
Not on a wagon! Not up a tree! I do not like them, Kivan, you see!

Posted ImageYou do not like Shar-Teel and Xan?

Posted Image

Posted ImageI do not like them, Kivan-I-am!

Posted Image

Posted ImageCould you, would you, near a moat?

Posted ImageI would not, could not, near a moat!

Posted ImageWould you, could you, on a boat?

Posted ImageI could not, would not, on a boat!

Posted Image
I will not travel with them in the rain!
Not through the Underdark and not on a train!
Not on a wagon! Not up a tree! I do not like them, Kivan, you see!

#438 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Posted ImageI do not like Shar-Teel and Xan. I do not like them, Kivan-I-am.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImageYou do not like them, so you say. Try them! Try them! And you may! Try them and you may, I say!

Posted Image
Kivan! Kivan! If you let me be...
Oh, I will try them. And you will see!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Posted Image

I do like Shar-Teel and Xan! I do! I want them, Kivan-I-am!

Posted ImagePosted Image

And we can travel on a boat! And we can paddle in a moat!
And I'll walk with them in the rain! Right through the Underdark and out on a train!
And we'll go to a wood and climb a tree! They are so good, so good, Kivan, you see!
So I will take them to a pub! And then we'll go shed monster blood!
We'll go and meet a necromancer! Then we'll find our own space hamster!

Posted Image

We will travel here and there!

Posted Image

We will travel anywhere!

Posted ImagePosted Image

-fin

Edited by Usurper, 18 April 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#439 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

2 Edwin,
2 Minsk,
1 Xan
No

#440 Daxs

Daxs
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Too late to vote?

+2 Finch, -2 Imoen, -1 Bub.

Bub doesnt have any dialogue. Most DSotSC characters don't.