BG1 NPCs for SoA & ToB

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#261 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 September 2024 - 11:13 PM

Tiax's portrait is fine on the record screen but only a small portion is visible in dialogue and on the main screen where the party member portraits are displayed on the right hand side. Same thing affecting Shar'Teel. I havent checdked the others yet

Hello! I have tested this and cannot reproduce the issue. On my version of the game, the portraits appear correctly. What version of the game and mod are you using?

#262 Nathan82

Nathan82
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 September 2024 - 09:34 AM

Hello, i've got version 14.3 of this mod installed.

Im playing megamodded install using BGT (version 1.23.1)

Let me know if you need any more info, I can paste weidu log if needed, can't see how to attach it though

thanks

#263 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 02:42 AM

Hello, i've got version 14.3 of this mod installed.

Im playing megamodded install using BGT (version 1.23.1)

Let me know if you need any more info, I can paste weidu log if needed, can't see how to attach it though

thanks

Thank you! 

Edited by Austin, 07 September 2024 - 01:51 AM.

#264 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 September 2024 - 01:53 AM

I found the cause of the problem with Tiax's portrait on the "classic" version (non-EE) of the game. I fixed it, will release a new version soon. I also checked it for other NPCs just in case.
Thanks!

Edited by Austin, 07 September 2024 - 08:15 AM.

#265 Nathan82

Nathan82
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 03:06 AM

I found the cause of the problem with Tiax's portrait on the "classic" version (non-EE) of the game. I fixed it, will release a new version soon. I also checked it for other NPCs just in case.
Thanks!

Glad you found it and it wasnt something dumb I'd done for a change. Sorry didnt get back to you  with more information, I was busy with work and hadnt had time. Looking forward to the new version, no rush though. Thanks

Edited by Nathan82, 09 September 2024 - 03:15 AM.

#266 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 September 2024 - 12:34 AM

Mod updated!!!
New verison - 15!

1) Added Shar-Teel romance (texts by scheele). Warning: contains adult content (18+).

Conditions for starting a romance:

gender - male, charisma above 10, strength above 10, not a gnome or halfling. The romance will begin when Shar-Teel is wounded in any battle and her health drops below 50, after which the first dialogue will follow

The romance includes:

• 19 dialogues in SoA with Shar-Teel, including receiving "sympathy points" for certain answers.
  • 3 additional dialogues in SoA with Safana, if she is in the party - her participation is optional, but it will affect the course of the romance.
  • New Shar-Teel’s interjections during an active romance (including her reaction to the player's actions in Phaere's house)
  • 3 dialogues in ToB + 3 epilogues depending on the "sympathy points" you have collected.
  • A large PID dialogue in SoA and ToB during an active romance and an additional small PID dialogue in SoA before the start of the romance.
  • It is possible to change Shar-Teel's alignment to chaotic neutral! To do this, you will need to collect enough "sympathy points" during the romance and convince her in the key dialogue to think about the importance of a future peaceful life.
  • For the evil PC there is an additional opportunity to interest Shar-Teel by jointly using the "black lotus" (which will result in a drop in reputation by 1 unit and a decrease in intelligence by 1)

2) Fixed code bugs in Xzar's quest, added an additional journal entr

3) Fixed display of Water Gardens icon on world ma

4) Fixed compatibility issue with the "classic" version of the game that arose in one of the latest update

5) Fixed issues with portrait sizes in the "classic" version of the gam

6) Updated readme file

http://www.shsforums...cs-for-soa-tob/
https://github.com/S...eleases/tag/v15

#267 Nathan82

Nathan82
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 04:31 AM

Hello, me again.

I'm still having an issue getting this to install on BGT.

It's a different error this time;

ERROR: error loading [BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/vanilla-portraits/DEEKINM.BMP]
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [Water Gardens. New Athkatla's district & new quests], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   5 files for [BG1NPCSoA\BG1NPCSoA.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled      5 files for [BG1NPCSoA\BG1NPCSoA.tp2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/vanilla-portraits/DEEKINM.BMP")

The problem seems to be with this bit (lines 151 - 159)

ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet~) BEGIN
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/EE-portraits/DEEKINL.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINL.BMP~
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/EE-portraits/DEEKINS.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINS.BMP~
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/EE-portraits/DEEKINM.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINM.BMP~
END ELSE BEGIN
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/vanilla-portraits/DEEKINL.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINL.BMP~
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/vanilla-portraits/DEEKINS.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINS.BMP~
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/vanilla-portraits/DEEKINM.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINM.BMP~
END

I commented that bit out and retried the install and it worked.

I then copied DeekinL.BMP and DeekinS.BMP from BG1NPCSoA\portraits\MAIN\vanilla-portraits to the override folder.

BG1NPCSoA\portraits\MAIN\vanilla-portraits only has 3 files - DeekinL.BMP, DeekinS.BMP and ZOPANs.BMP

Thanks

#268 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 12:40 AM

Hello, me again.

I'm still having an issue getting this to install on BGT.

It's a different error this time;

ERROR: error loading [BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/vanilla-portraits/DEEKINM.BMP]
ERROR Installing [Water Gardens. New Athkatla's district & new quests], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   5 files for [BG1NPCSoA\BG1NPCSoA.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled      5 files for [BG1NPCSoA\BG1NPCSoA.tp2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/vanilla-portraits/DEEKINM.BMP")

The problem seems to be with this bit (lines 151 - 159)

ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet~) BEGIN
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/EE-portraits/DEEKINL.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINL.BMP~
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/EE-portraits/DEEKINS.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINS.BMP~
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/EE-portraits/DEEKINM.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINM.BMP~
END ELSE BEGIN
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/vanilla-portraits/DEEKINL.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINL.BMP~
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/vanilla-portraits/DEEKINS.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINS.BMP~
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/MAIN/vanilla-portraits/DEEKINM.BMP~ ~override/DEEKINM.BMP~
END

I commented that bit out and retried the install and it worked.

I then copied DeekinL.BMP and DeekinS.BMP from BG1NPCSoA\portraits\MAIN\vanilla-portraits to the override folder.

BG1NPCSoA\portraits\MAIN\vanilla-portraits only has 3 files - DeekinL.BMP, DeekinS.BMP and ZOPANs.BMP

Thanks

Hello Looks like I forgot to put one copy of Deekin's portrait in the folder for the "classic" version of the game:(
I'll fix that, thanks!
For now, you can just copy the DEEKINL.BMP file into that folder, rename the copy to DEEKINM.BMP and change the size to 110x170. Then it will work.

#269 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 02:11 AM

Done!

Mod updated!
New verison - 15.1!

• fixed a bug with Deekin's portrait on the "classic version" of the game
  • fixed a code inaccuracy in the tobbanter2.d file

#270 Nathan82

Nathan82
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 04:10 AM

Done!

Mod updated!
New verison - 15.1!

• fixed a bug with Deekin's portrait on the "classic version" of the game
  • fixed a code inaccuracy in the tobbanter2.d file

I've just done a new install and its all installed without issue, thanks

#271 Sanderson

Sanderson
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2024 - 07:10 PM

Hello,

I am playing EET and currently in the bg1 part. Eldoth's tired sound (eldot09) has been copied from his introductory sound (eldot01). I think it's this mod since it has the only associated file but is there a way to verify? I personally fixed it by overwriting eldot09 with a copy of the "tired" voice line, but will I have to revert once I see eldoth in bg2 part of EEt?

Thanks