Photo

My BWP bug experience with bws 9.10

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

I*m running newly installed BG2 with BWS 9.10 tweaked AAPicks preset (-BP AI, +SCSII AI, +NEJ v6.02, +FFT, +Vecna v19) on Win7x64 with Athlon II 215 @ 3,5Ghz, Radeon HD4670, 2Gb Ram

GAME IS GREAT :Bow: , but i still have some bugs, that can be fixed with Your help :rolleyes:

UPDATED BUGLIST:
1.Silver star has wrong numeration for russian language in bws (2, the right one is 1). Need to be fixed.
2.Another Silver star bug, when i teleport her in pocket plane with fate spirit, there are 2 silver stars appears, and after recruiting she has only 90K xp (7 level). I can live with it, but, it's better to fix it.
3.When my thieves sets a snare (spcl412), the polymorph self(spin139) spell is casted upon them. I fixed it in my game, but what cause it?
4.Yeah, soon there'll be the next one...

SOLVED:
1. CtD on unidentified item's properties screen.
Caused by the vanilla bg2 engine on resolution 1280*960 without widescreen mod.
2.When I started the new TOB game, i've got a CTD after few seconds of gameplay. As I knew it now, the reason was in broken pack-mule animation. BWS changes ANSI codepage before installing IA, BUT, when pack mule was installed the proper codepage wasn´t set. It would be great to change codepage earlier.

Attached Files

Edited by @vGur, 11 July 2011 - 04:21 AM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:22 AM

It sounds like there's something off with how the .bam's are processed, or the mod in question just put the wrong color pallet color as the transparent.
Is your 2D Color Depth in (BGConfig.exe -> Graphics -> Display)16 bit or in 32 bit ? Also the Direct X and GPU program updates might solve this...
What resolution are you using... and you are using the Widescreen mod, if you have bigger than 1024x768 resolution.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 July 2011 - 03:24 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

:cheers: there*s my baldur.err file
---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChVidImage3d.cpp
Line: 629

Exp: FALSE

Msg: CVidcell larger then fx
Run Debugger?

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

I don*t have widescreen mod installed and running on 1280*960 resolution. I'll try to change the videocard and drivers to be sure it*s not bwp problem. Thanks for all your help :hug:

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

I don*t have widescreen mod installed and running on 1280*960 resolution.

It's a know bug, made there by the games own unsupported video settings... set the resolution to 1024x768 or 800x600 and use the Widescreen mod if you wish to have bigger resolutions.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 07 July 2011 - 10:41 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 -@vGur-

-@vGur-

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Ok, i*d switched off 3d and openGl, resolution set to 800*600, newest drivers installed
Now i still got CtD on start of ToB, the pack mule, that appears before CtD, only has a shadow, animation is missed. What information can help to understud what*s wrong?

#6 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

It could be some The Longer Road, there was a cutscene doing ToB start in that mod.

#7 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

Ok, i've used DLTCEP to change pack mull animation from mull to another one, and it worked!
There wasn't any new CTD for now, but what to do with mull animation? Is it real, to fix it manually?

BTW, It would be cool to have some TEST AREA, where every IA animations located, in that way we can hunt the broken one.
Thanks.
:cheers:

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

3.When my thieves sets a snare (spcl412), the polymorph self(spin139) spell is casted upon them. I fixed it in my game, but what cause it?

It apparently is because SCS2 decided to clone existing spells to another space that Aurora had already been using (yes, blame it on Aurora even though it was using that space long before SCS2 :P). I don't understand why SCS2 needed to copy the snare to the SPIN space but whatever - apparently you fixed it locally (might want to post how for others).

BTW, It would be cool to have some TEST AREA, where every IA animations located, in that way we can hunt the broken one.

We make sure animations work before we put them in, so usually it is something else (like an item or setting interfering with a creature or animation). There is sort of the type of utility you are talking about here but it works to analyse all creatures/animations in a single area that might be crashing, creating a test area to do so. Anyway, Pack Mule is not part of Infinity Animations proper, but a separate mod. I don't know why it doesn't work for you, but obviously you need the animations referenced by that mod (and used only in that mod AFAIK).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#9 kefkamasu

kefkamasu
  • Validating
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:27 AM

I*m running newly installed BG2 with BWS 9.10 tweaked AAPicks preset (-BP AI, +SCSII AI, +NEJ v6.02, +FFT, +Vecna v19) on Win7x64 with Athlon II 215 @ 3,5Ghz, Radeon HD4670, 2Gb Ram

GAME IS GREAT :Bow: , but i still have some bugs, that can be fixed with Your help :rolleyes:

UPDATED BUGLIST:
1.Silver star has wrong numeration for russian language in bws (2, the right one is 1). Need to be fixed.
2.Another Silver star bug, when i teleport her in pocket plane with fate spirit, there are 2 silver stars appears, and after recruiting she has only 90K xp (7 level). I can live with it, but, it's better to fix it.
4.Yeah, soon there'll be the next one...

SOLVED:
1. CtD on unidentified item's properties screen.
Caused by the vanilla bg2 engine on resolution 1280*960 without widescreen mod.
2.When I started the new TOB game, i've got a CTD after few seconds of gameplay. As I knew it now, the reason was in broken pack-mule animation. BWS changes ANSI codepage before installing IA, BUT, when pack mule was installed the proper codepage wasn´t set. It would be great to change codepage earlier.

Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum and am running across this same bug (polymorph added after using set snare). Which file do can I add your edits to solve this problem?
Thank you

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

I'm new to this forum and am running across this same bug (polymorph added after using set snare). Which file do can I add your edits to solve this problem?

I am guessing @vGur copied the spin139.spl file from aurora/backup/# to the override folder. Not the best solution, but I don't know if there's a better one until I get to updating Aurora to avoid it.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle