BWP 9.10 problems

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

What I also don't get is why the attacks seem stuck at 5, regardless of dual wielding, and items and weapons that add attacks. The only thing that raises it above 5 is potion of speed or improved haste spell. The attacks are not stacking up above 5.

Starting at 3 attacks and adding these items (yeah I have a lot of item mods) should bring apr up to 7 or more. <_<

APR are capped at 5. The only time you can have a number of APR greater than 5 if when you use something that doubles your number of APR.

#62 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:01 AM

max
Whoa, thanks for reply!

about spell turning:
The problem that spells are not turned back is not fatal. Fatal thing is that as soon as they stop reflecting, they absorb infinitely, which ruins balance.

about attacks per round:
Fact that yours APR stuck at 3 at lvl 14 with 5 stars is somewhat weird, really. I have just checked the thing, and I my kensai 13/dualled to mage has 7/2 APR. But i doubt that bugged APR stacking is a problem too - BG II always had problems stacking extra attacks. For example Drizzt's boots are supposed to add extra attack, but it is not multiplied by improved haste and does not stack with boon of lathander and so on.

What items do you use? I can CLUA them and check how many APR i have.

fixed:
oh well. i've missed Wisp's reply. i have just checked and it seems that APR are really capped by 5. i suppose i have not noticed it because i always rise my APR only to 5 in order to get maximum of 10 under improved haste.

Edited by Suslik, 01 September 2011 - 03:06 AM.

#63 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:54 AM

is somewhat weird, ... I have just checked the thing, and I my kensai 13/dualled to mage has 7/2 APR.

It's not actually weird... as a matter of fact the 7/2 is just 3.5 APR. If you use the haste effect that doubles that, it's 7, but only through the doubling effect.
The 5 attacks per round is a game rule, and it's actually in the game's effects and thus in the code. The doubling effect is also there, but under totally different parameter, and the two cannot be mixed, unless you wish to script it, but that's laggy, time consuming and other bad things.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 01 September 2011 - 05:55 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#64 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

It's not actually weird... as a matter of fact the 7/2 is just 3.5 APR. If you use the haste effect that doubles that, it's 7, but only through the doubling effect.

the weird thing is that max has 3 apr and i have 7/2 apr with the same wspatch.2da table.

#65 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:39 AM

I put all the mentioned problems into the "bug list", with the exception of the spell turning issue, which is still very vague. Are there any mods at all affecting the spell Miloch mentioned?

Actually, were these problems with ToBEx, SCSII etc. posted in the respective forums?

Edited by Fennek, 04 September 2011 - 04:41 AM.

#66 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:30 AM

Unfortunately, not: i have not posted the issues above in any other places, I'm having some difficulties with free time.

And unfortunately again spell turning issue is still the most serious for me, because i did not succeed in finding a workaround. Here is --change-log:
Mods affecting SPWI522.SPL: 
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix 
00001: ~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.68 WeiDU: BG2Fixpack adaption 
00002: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisions: v3 
00003: ~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ 0 1 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements: v2.3 (Feb 14, 2010) BWP Fix 
00004: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 10 // Initialise (required by almost all other mod components): v17 
00005: ~SETUP-KIARA-ZAIYA.TP2~ 0 0 // Kiara-Zaiya for BG2 SOA: v1.6.2 
00006: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 0 7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.44

Again, restoring any of those backups does not seem to help.

#67 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:51 AM

A level 14 fighter in vanilla has 1 extra attack from class, with 5 stars in chosen weapon he'll get only an extra 1/2 attack. That's 2.5 attacks, or 5/2. With grandmastery teak from BG2tweaks, you'll get 1.5 more attacks for grandmastery. That's 3.5, or 7/2. With revised grandmastery from Kit Revisions you'll only get 1 attack extra for grandmastery. That's 3 APR! I hope this alleviates some of the obvious confusion about this issue.

#68 -Suslik-

-Suslik-

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

Okay, another problem. Careful, plot spoilers about near-end of BG1 storyline below
Spoiler

#69 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

Spoiler

Question in spoilers, answer in spoilers, without that many spoilers.
Spoiler

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#70 -Suslik-

-Suslik-

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

Yeah, I.. uhh.. just avoided the problem at all, without going to that location. BGI cleared, yay. wait, is it 7th of 8th time?

#71 -Suslik-

-Suslik-

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

Transition from BG I to BG II stalls for me. Black screen flashes, then i see a location with a small area in lower-left corner explored(everything else is black, unexplored) and no changes after that. I have tried to google the problem, it seems to be caused by error in aram00.bcs, i change-logged it:
Spoiler

If i restore 00001 backup, its starts working, transition succeeds, but with some journal entries left. If i restore any point further(00002 or later) it freezes at the same place.

#72 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

You're on target :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#73 -Suslik-

-Suslik-

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

One more significant bug/feature i have discovered:
Spoiler

#74 --Suslik--

--Suslik--

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:23 AM

Another issue that was tormenting me for a long time, hehe.

It's about spell protection removing spells. Primarily about "Secret word" and "Spell thrust"

Let us assume that i'm fighting against a leech who has cast following protection on himself:

Spell immunity(abjuration)(so that i cannot cast dispel magic on him)
Spell turning(so that i cannot cast breach/direct damaging spells)
Protection from magical weapons(i cannot harm him physically)

Apparently i have to remove "spell immunity" or "spell turning" first, so i cast "Secret word" on him, but nothing happens. "Secret word" is said to have 5' radius. I have no idea how much 5' is, but since fireball is 30', it must be 1/6 of that which is still a decent radius, it definitely should hit him, but nothing happens.

Long ago, when i played in original SoA i have noticed that Secret Word does not work if i get too far from victim i cast it on or if i cast the spell directly on them. So i had to get as close as possible and cast the spell directly near myself and the victim. And sometimes even this did not help.

All direct spell protection removing spells such as "Pierce magic" and similar work well, but it is impossible to cast them on invisible creatures.

Am i missing something or are those spells bugged?

#75 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:03 AM

I don't know if it will help you but "spell trigger" and the like allow to cast spells at invisible creatures :woot:

#76 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:39 AM

@Founito
well, thanks for response, but that does not change the fact that Spell Thrust and Secret Word do not work.

somewhere in the internets i have read about an issue with Secret Word, Spell Strike and Ruby Ray of Reversal that their projectiles exploded before destination leaving their victim untouched. indeed it has clarified some aspects of strange behavior of those spells, but i'm still testing it.

<fxd>

Edited by Suslik, 06 November 2011 - 05:28 AM.

#77 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:25 AM

Okay guys. After three hours of testing i'm finally confused. Maybe it is even not a bug(unlikely of course) and someone can clarify what's going on?

Test 1:
Enemy mage casts on themselves: spell immunity : divination, spell shield
I cast: secret word; Result: nothing(fail)/OR if i have just started BGII, spell shield is brought down.
I cast: spellstrike/pierce shield/secret word; Result: if spell shield was not dispelled by secret word, nothing happens(fail), otherwise immunity is down(ok)

Test 2:
Enemy mage casts on themselves: spell shield;
I cast: secret word(or spell thrust); Result: nothing(fail)/OR if i have just started BGII, spell shield is brought down.

Test 3:
Enemy lich casts on himself: spell turning, spell immunity: abjuration
I cast: secret word; Result: nothing(fail, spell turning should be down)
I cast: secret word again; Result: nothing(fail, spell immunity should be down by now)
I cast: spellstrike; Result: both protections are down(ok)

It seems that this behavior is the same both for BWP 9.4 and 9.10 for me.

Any suggestions how to explain underlined fails? What forum should i report this kind of issues to?

Maybe this bug is somehow related to other spell absorption/deflection bugs i mentioned on previous page, when they start absorbing infinite amount of spells?

I dont even know which files to --change-log, but i have tried restoring original SoA backups of secret word/spell shiled/spell turning.

Edited by Suslik, 06 November 2011 - 07:06 AM.

#78 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

Did Lollorian's post here: http://www.shsforums...post__p__526373
provide you an answer? Did you install NEJ? Or, if not, did certain NPCs die in BG1 (Minsc, Dynaheir, Khalid etc.)?

(The Rod of Refugee thing is intended and if one misuses it or not is one's own choice, I guess... :) )

#79 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:24 PM

Did Lollorian's post here: http://www.shsforums...post__p__526373
provide you an answer? Did you install NEJ? Or, if not, did certain NPCs die in BG1 (Minsc, Dynaheir, Khalid etc.)?

(The Rod of Refugee thing is intended and if one misuses it or not is one's own choice, I guess... :) )

Apparently as you can see from post #71 i did install NEJ, and i even found a workaround for that problem myself restoring backup of aram00.bcs or downloading from Lollorian's link, thanks.

Now my main problem which i cannot overcome myself is glitched spell protections/deflections/spell protection dispells(details in my previous post). Mayve there's some specialized subforum for such issues?

#80 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

One more minor issue i have encountered since i think BWP 9.2:

Why is "Spell shield" scroll(scrl8x.itm, sold at underdark dwarf's shop) actually when used/learned actually turns out to be "Spell deflection"? And where can i learn actual "Spell shield" spell?

scrl8x.itm change-log:
Mods affecting SCRL8X.ITM:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisions: v3
00001: ~SETUP-BTWEAK_LITE.TP2~ 0 3 // Sensible weapon restrictions (based on Ghreyfain's Ashes of Embers): 4 14Feb2010
00002: ~MIXMOD/MIXMOD.TP2~ 0 25 // Increased Scroll Stacking -> Increase Scroll by 200%
00003: ~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ 0 10 // Revised High Level Abilities: Refinements v 3.30

And every version of those scrolls 00001-00003 actually is "spell deflection" scroll, so that i had to restore the backup from original SoA. I think "Spell revisions" is guilty at the first place, but gibberling's forums turned out to be dead, i wonder why.

Edited by Suslik, 06 November 2011 - 11:44 PM.