Photo

[SOLVED]Can't start the game with TobEx in my recent BWP 9.10 inst

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

When I try to start the game I get this program has stopped working. I am not sure what went wrong, since the install was error free, or so it seemed. The info I have seen about TobEx that I wasn't sure it was right was at the end of the install. Here is what I see in the Big World Install Debug at the end.
Spoiler

Also I see in the debug that components are skipped for some reason.

Oh and the tactical BWP install lasted only 3 hours which I am not sure it was so healthy, maybe this part is important.

I also uploaded the Big World Install Debug, TobEx debug, and the Weidu log.

Attached Files

Edited by dreamer2007, 09 April 2011 - 09:53 AM.

#2 -pacek-

-pacek-

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

The latest BWS doesn't install TobEx correctly. In BWS folder go to Config >> Setup.ini and find the line:
Tob_Hacks is only needed for non-BGT-games=C:BGTMusic(0)>TobEx(100)>tob_hacks(0)
and delete it. Now reinstall everything!! Oh and maybe don't install that component of BGTMusic that alters the exe - pick another one.

#3 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for the reply. But that line in that config only talks about Tob Hacks, not Tob Extender. I see a TobEx there but I don't really understand whats it doing there.

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 April 2011 - 09:46 PM.

#4 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

Thanks for the reply. But that line in that config only talks about Tob Hacks, not Tob Extender. I see a TobEx there but I don't really understand whats it doing there.

Here's original line:
; one or more mod/component has conflicts with another
Tob_Hacks is only needed for non-BGT-games=C:BGTMusic(-)>TobEx(100)>tob_hacks(0)

The first part is description, after the equal sign the code tells the installer that if you have BGTMusic then Tobex is not compatible with your install and won't install it. BGTMusic is a required mod and cannot be unselected - it must be installed. So TobEx cannot be installed because from that line above says it is incompatible with BGTMusic.

I changed the line to this and reinstalled and it worked:
Tob_Hacks is only needed for non-BGT-games=C:BGTMusic(-)>tob_hacks(0)

You see what's going on now? That one line messed things up

Edited by smeagolheart, 08 April 2011 - 06:00 AM.

#5 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

Thank you for the clarification and the solution! I will report it in the BWS Beta forum so it would be fixed.

#6 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

It didn't work :( . I have exactly the same error after reinstalling and making the change you mentioned :(

SOLVED: I had to delete the whole line in the settings, so the problem was with the BWS Beta.

Edited by dreamer2007, 09 April 2011 - 10:11 AM.