Photo

[SOLVED] BWP 9.9.1 Install Error at Infinity Animations

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:31 AM

When I first tried to install I used a customized tactical install, and got the error that you can see in the attached Big World Debug. I tried a second time the customized tactical and got exactly the same error. And a final third time I used the recommended setting and the same error appeared. Do you know why is this the case?

Attached Files

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 April 2011 - 10:53 AM.

#2 -Miloch-

-Miloch-

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

I thought the log messages would be clear enough...

An installed mod requires Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip extracted to your
infinityanimations/content folder.

An installed mod requires Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip extracted to your

So these archives weren't extracted properly. Some people have had issues extracting them with WinRar, so try with WinZip or 7-zip instead.

#3 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:22 AM

I thought the log messages would be clear enough...

An installed mod requires Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip extracted to your

An installed mod requires Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip extracted to your

So these archives weren't extracted properly. Some people have had issues extracting them with WinRar, so try with WinZip or 7-zip instead.

Yes, I noticed that eventually, and the problem seems to be with the newest version of BWS, it doesn't extract them properly I think. I reported the problem in the BWS thread here.

Edit: After Dabus told me to look for a file and I couldn't find it he suggested that I have the unpacking problem since everything from the Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content folder looks like this, with this symbol ¢A¢I4INV.PLT not µ. So what can I do?

I found out that I have errors at unpacking with rar Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip and Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip. More details are in the big-world-setup-beta-testing thread. I uploaded the info about the errors.

Attached Files

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 April 2011 - 10:59 PM.

#4 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

Found the problem! It was exactly the one mentioned here. It seems that this problem appears differentely on some computers. Can't something be changed in the names from those two archives to avoid this problem in the future?

I hope something can be done, or if not directly by you, the creators, at least maybe a quick fix that can be integrated in the BWP Fixpack, an automatic overwrite of the first letters with µ in the relevant files from those two archives, or something similar?

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 April 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

It is a µ in those archive filenames, even when I download them to double-check. Are you saying it gets automatically changed to something else on your machine, even if you re-download them and check the archives before extracting them?

Edit: Also as I said, don't use WinRar to extract those two archives - use WinZip or 7-Zip.

Edited by Miloch, 07 April 2011 - 11:07 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#6 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

With WinRar I couldn't unpack them no matter how much I tried, and I unpacked with 7z and WinZip just to test, and the same result. Here is how they look like no matter with what unpacker I see them. I also downloaded them twice just in case.

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 April 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

Odd - that is a different character than the other poster reported. What language is your OS in normally?

I will repack those archives eventually as RARs and we won't be using those special characters anymore either, but that will take a while because it requires a restructure of all mods that use the IA format (IA, Aurora, Vecna).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

Odd - that is a different character than the other poster reported. What language is your OS in normally?

English US.

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 April 2011 - 11:52 AM.