Photo

[SOLVED] ]BWP 9.9.1 Install Error at Infinity Animations

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:29 AM

When I first tried to install I used a customized tactical install, and got the error that you can see in the attached Big World Debug. I tried a second time the customized tactical and got exactly the same error. And a final third time I used the recommended setting and the same error appeared. Do you know why is this the case?

Attached Files

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 April 2011 - 10:40 AM.

#2 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:39 AM

looks like you didn't download/unpack all of the IA subpackages. You'll need those.
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#3 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:44 AM

looks like you didn't download/unpack all of the IA subpackages. You'll need those.

Thank you for the reply. How do you know that I don't have all the sub packages? Where did you look so I would know what to fix?

#4 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:01 AM

from the error message you got in the BWP.debug file.

Spoiler

It's missing files. And from my own use of the Big World Setup over the past couple of days, installing, reverting, and reinstalling, I noticed that sometimes IA subpackages would be left unchecked by default, so if one did not know to make certain they were checked for download, you could easily miss them and bungle the install.

Edited by AndrewB, 06 April 2011 - 05:09 AM.

BEGIN BIFFING

SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#5 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:04 AM

from the error message you got in the BWP.debug file.

Spoiler

Yes, I noticed it, thanks.

It's missing files. And from my own use of the Big World Setup over the past couple of days, installing, reverting, and reinstalling, I noticed that sometimes IA subpackages would be left unchecked by default, so if one did not know to make certain they were checked for download, you could easily miss them and bungle the install.

Interesting info, I didn't expect that. I will report this in the BWS Beta Thread. What's weird is that the components are downloaded but I guess they aren't unpacked.

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 April 2011 - 05:14 AM.

#6 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:15 AM

hope the next try goes better for you. Because once it's all setup and working properly, you'll never want to play the game without it again. I love the Big World Project for that.

And nah, it doesn't need to be reported to the BWS beta thread. I've never used the BWS Beta (though I probably should), I use the regular one and adjust the .batch file manually.

Edited by AndrewB, 06 April 2011 - 05:17 AM.

BEGIN BIFFING

SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#7 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

hope the next try goes better for you. Because once it's all setup and working properly, you'll never want to play the game without it again. I love the Big World Project for that.

And nah, it doesn't need to be reported to the BWS beta thread. I've never used the BWS Beta (though I probably should), I use the regular one and adjust the .batch file manually.

Yes, maybe my 6-th try will work :lol: . But yea I know how great BWP is, I've been playing it for a few years, different versions. I think my first installed version was 5.6, but I may be mistaken.

#8 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:26 AM

Oh, you have been around a while, haven't you? I came in at around v8 or so. :)

Which version are you playing through with this time? Standard?
BEGIN BIFFING

SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#9 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

Oh, you have been around a while, haven't you? I came in at around v8 or so. :)

Which version are you playing through with this time? Standard?

Always tactic version since this option was created :P . I prefer to have the game challenging. :)

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 April 2011 - 05:32 AM.

#10 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:39 AM

Hey! Me too! *bro fist*

Except Super Firkraag. Eff him, man. Not with SCSII. Never again.
One of these days I want to do a Solo No-Reload on a Tactics install.
BEGIN BIFFING

SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#11 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

Hey! Me too! *bro fist*

Except Super Firkraag. Eff him, man. Not with SCSII. Never again.
One of these days I want to do a Solo No-Reload on a Tactics install.

Heh, lucky Super Firkraag is skipped now in tactic :) .

Solo without reload? Is that what I think it means, if you die you restart the game? If so, you have guts. I feel safe only with all the character slots occupied as soon as possible and I reload a lot during failures, and I had plenty of those thanks to the lovely challenging battles :P.

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 April 2011 - 05:53 AM.

#12 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

yep. There were a couple of cool Tactical Challenge/No-Reload type threads made by Alesia_BH on the official Bioware message boards that got me interested in that kind of stuff.

BioWare Forums: The Campfire: A Place to Share Tales of Heroism and Adventure (part 3)
BioWare Forums: Trilogy No-Reload Challenge

The first has a play-by-play of Improved Anvil, and the second is a No-Reload from Candlekeep to Throne of Bhaal. Very cool reads.
BEGIN BIFFING

SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#13 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:25 AM

Thank you for the links. Very interesting challenge, I think I will try it in the future, but not this playthrough.

Did you notice the challenge was still ongoing on the Bioware Social Network here? :lol:

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 April 2011 - 06:27 AM.

#14 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

wow, no, I hadn't seen that. And it's got tons of pages! Excellent!
BEGIN BIFFING

SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#15 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:02 AM

Just out of curiosity, with what class do you want to solo play with no-reload?

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 April 2011 - 08:12 AM.

#16 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

a Sorcerer or pure Mage. They're my favorites, the ones I find myself going back to again and again, and what I'm most comfortable with. So that is what I'll probably use. I'd need to play through BG1 a couple more times with all of the Tactics changes in place to know what I'm up against and be able to make it through up to BG2 though. Starting out with just a sling is torturous. You can make it through solo with a couple of classes though, as you can tell by those threads.

What about you? What would you play as?

Edited by AndrewB, 06 April 2011 - 08:50 AM.

BEGIN BIFFING

SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#17 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

My favorite is the famous Kensai/Mage :D . I plan in this playthrough to create two characters in multi and transfer them in single, a Kensai/Mage dualed at level 13, dual wielding long swords, and a Berserker/Cleric dualed also at level 13 dual wielding warhammers :D .

As for soloing I guess I would use a multiclassed Fighter/Mage/Cleric, but I am not so sure.

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 April 2011 - 09:42 AM.

#18 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

Click
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#19 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

Found the problem! It was exactly the one mentioned here. It seems that this problem appears differentely on some computers. Can't something be changed in the names from those two archives to avoid this problem in the future?

I hope something can be done, or if not directly by you, the creators, at least maybe a quick fix that can be integrated in the BWP Fixpack, an automatic overwrite of the first letters with µ in the relevant files from those two archives, or something similar?

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 April 2011 - 10:57 AM.