TobEx Wish list

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#641 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:51 AM

This is not a feature request, but rather a method request.
Could TobEX chack if its 2da files (such as CLSRCREQ.2da) already exist, and not overwrite them if they do?
This could allow mods not to include TobEX if it isn't really necessary, but still be compatible if TobEX is installed afterwards (eg, a mod could directly hack the exe, but TobEX would then not detect that hack; eg, I could need that for the portraits; see above).

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#642 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

I was wondering if a "levelup trigger" would be possible.

Of course, this wouldn't be in the normal bcs file slots.

#643 Gestellis

Gestellis
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Redrew some bams that appear in the inventory screen to make them more resemble the characters. Is it possible to make a bam unique to one character and not to every character of the same gender, race, class, and armor?

#644 -Nal-

-Nal-

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

I'm thinking about playing again to this great game, and i have a question about TobEx.

When i was playing, (with some mega mods, including BGT, and from the start of BG1 to the end of TOB, without restarting a new game after BG1 was finished) i always start to have the game stuttering around the middle of BG2 (before going to asylum)
The reason of the stuttering is that there is a lot of GLOBALS set in the savegame, and since in the main script that run every frame, there is a lot of tests on GLOBALS, the game stutters. If i edit my savegame, and remove manually all GLOBALS from BG1, the game run smooth again. I was playing with TobEx, and at this time it doesn't improve the search on GLOBALS variable.

So now, i have read the last changelog of TobEx but i haven't seen anything about GLOBALS modification.

Do you think it's possible for TobEx to improve research in GLOBALS (with tree? hastable?) to remove stuttering in game when there is a lot of GLOBALS variable set, and without having to edit savegames ?

#645 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

If it's not a hashtable i'd be shocked.

#646 -Nal-

-Nal-

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:44 AM

If it's not a hashtable i'd be shocked.

I don't know what method they use when you call GLOBAL(), but two years ago, with a decent computer, it couldn't handle 500 globals (or maybe less, it's so far :P) without stutters. And as far as i remember i wasn't having lots of check on GLOBAL() in my baldur.bcs.
And removing like 100 GLOBALS variable from my savegame really removed all stutters.

#647 Jarl2

Jarl2
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hi!

i tried to knock out some commoners in BG2 (BGT) using Minsc's fists. That worked fine in Bg1, but in Bg2 the commoners immediately stand up again. A textmessage appears: "Commoner: unconscious", but thats all, they don't go down. Is that an error in my installation or maybe something, that could be fixed by TobEX?

(I removed all scripts from the CRE (Nobl6.cre), i tried to knock out, using NI, but it was still the same.)

#648 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

Is it possible to enable a "hidden flag" on containers, which prevents that container from being highlighted when tab is pressed?
There are many items which are hidden in BG1 (and they appear to have been hidden purposely, such as the ankheg armor in Nashkell, some rings,...), but that is spoiled in BGT, since those items will become easy to find.
IMO, tab highlighting is great when you have to search the chests in a room, corpses, and other things which are logically easy to see, but it's unnatural that hidden bags get highlighted nevertheless

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#649 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1417 posts

Donator

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Is it possible to enable a "hidden flag" on containers, which prevents that container from being highlighted when tab is pressed?
There are many items which are hidden in BG1 (and they appear to have been hidden purposely, such as the ankheg armor in Nashkell, some rings,...), but that is spoiled in BGT, since those items will become easy to find.
IMO, tab highlighting is great when you have to search the chests in a room, corpses, and other things which are logically easy to see, but it's unnatural that hidden bags get highlighted nevertheless

I made a similar request a long time ago, being told that engine limitations prevented it.

I wanted to make the TAB highlighting depend on the presence in the party of a character with Detect Traps ability, flagging the hidden areas just like traps. If in the party there are more characters with Detect Trap then there'd be a check done for each.

#650 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

A bit like secret doors? That would be nice... IIRC, Scient had been thinking of something similar for PST, but I don't think he has done anything yet

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#651 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1417 posts

Donator

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

A bit like secret doors?

Exactly.

Edited by Salk, 11 March 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#652 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

More on the theme: Let any opcode also be a scripting action and vice versa. The two align in many places but not all already.
Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#653 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

More on the theme: Let any opcode also be a scripting action and vice versa. The two align in many places but not all already.

That might be a bit too much extra coding for nothing. There could be a few specific cases worthy of consideration.
But usually you can simply use ApplySpell from script to have the effect version.
It would be interesting, though to unhardcode the pocketplane effect (0x12a) a la GemRB to be able to run arbitrary cutscenes, that would solve the opcode->script question, mostly.

About the hidden container: You can always hide it behind a door :) With the added visual component - like an open wall safe.

[edit]
It looks like ToBEx already implemented the cutscene thing, actually better than GemRB. So, there is nothing that bars you from executing scripts from effects.

Edited by Avenger_teambg, 19 March 2012 - 10:59 AM.

Avenger

#654 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

I'm prepared for disappointment. I want currently scripting-only actions to be available as opcodes for use in spells. If I wanted to use the wretchedly clumsy option of summoning invisible creatures to run a script, I wouldn't have bothered posting in the "wish list" thread. Cutscenes are an abomination.

Edited by phordicus, 18 March 2012 - 01:51 AM.

Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#655 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

While it's easily possible to apply opcodes via shell spells in scripting actions, the reverse isn't necessarily true.

I would like to reiterate a request I made some time ago to externalize the conditions of opcode 177 to bcs blocks which are read directly when the effect in the effects list is applied. At the moment there are 7 types of conditions, and if I can describe the existing conditions in .bcs blocks they would look like this:
// condition #2
IF
  Allegiance(Target,Param1) // you might have to create hardcoded object types or hardcode the use of placeholders
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	True() // you can hardcode this to trigger the embedded .eff file
END

// and so on for conditions #3-6

// condition #7

IF
  Allignment(Target,Param1) // you might have to create hardcoded object types or hardcode the use of placeholders.
// Or hardcode Myself as the target of the effect and LastTargettedBy as the caster
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	True() // you can hardcode this to trigger the embedded .eff file
END

IMO allowing external .bcs blocks to be read within opcode 177 would be as much of a revolutionary change as allowing scripts to be read directly from .ssl files. The possiblities would be countless.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#656 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

This is really almost a tangent, but I wonder, now that these changes are possible, and with maybe much more available in the future via Oster, if we shouldn't stop looking at this as "static entity, let's add stuff or tweak existing stuff", but "variable entity, how do we want to define it".

#657 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Yes, I think it would be wise to present changes of ToBEx/GemRB and ideas to the bgee team. They might even listen.
About opcode #177 (and other opcodes using the same parameter style). I already modified #0 and #1 subtypes to handle faction/team and #9 to handle classmask (these to support various stuff in the blackisle branch of the engines).
Avenger

#658 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

This is not a feature request, but rather a method request.
Could TobEX chack if its 2da files (such as CLSRCREQ.2da) already exist, and not overwrite them if they do?
This could allow mods not to include TobEX if it isn't really necessary, but still be compatible if TobEX is installed afterwards (eg, a mod could directly hack the exe, but TobEX would then not detect that hack; eg, I could need that for the portraits; see above).

In principle, this is fine. However, this may cause issues where the implementation of certain resource files changes. In that, that would break TobEx altogether. I trust that TobEx is still installed first, so many of the issues with this shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, I think it would be wise to present changes of ToBEx/GemRB and ideas to the bgee team. They might even listen.

While Overhaul Games are working on BGEE, it would at least be worthwhile to propose some limit-removing changes to the source code to support modders. The limited number of globals was one issue, for example.

About opcode #177 (and other opcodes using the same parameter style). I already modified #0 and #1 subtypes to handle faction/team and #9 to handle classmask (these to support various stuff in the blackisle branch of the engines).

GemRB doesn't externalise this is to a bcs file, does it?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#659 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Cleric/Rangers aren't detected by CLERIC_ALL (fixable by manually checking for C/R when checking for C_A, but error prone).

Can someone provide an example where this doesn't work? It worked for me empirically on a test script.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#660 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Can you do the reverse of dualclass for all and also add the opposite, no dualclass for anyone aka humans can multiclass?