Will this be a problem? First megamod install

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 urineg

urineg
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

another issue now...edited...check last post pls..sorry about this mess guys =(
ive been working on to try to make this work for a while now, so i got so much information that i ended up making a mess

anyway its a great program and i gotta thank all of you guys for this, because seriously, this is amazing...

Edited by urineg, 14 December 2010 - 04:20 AM.

#2 urineg

urineg
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

Welcome to this threead, seems like lots of ppl have joined
:cheers:

Edited by urineg, 14 December 2010 - 11:49 PM.

#3 urineg

urineg
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:43 AM

Ok so i decided to begin again from the scratch, everything went fine, only one mod that didnt extract that i did it myself, and now during the install.bat part this happens always, wat do? i tried to update all the setup-modname files so they all have the same sizes, according to a suggestion i read on another thread like this, but still it shows up
=(

http://imgur.com/3QJ80
not allowed to use this image extension on this board...weird i think i posted a .gif image just now, anyway...

wat do?

EDIT: so i just read the WeidU warning and yeah i downloaded latest verision since the one BWS was supposed to download is not on the link(404 i think) so thats what caused my trouble i guess
now im looking for the weiDU 224 windows download, cant find it...oh well

Edited by urineg, 14 December 2010 - 02:53 AM.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:13 AM

The BWS fails to dl WeiDU 224 cause WeiDU 225 is out! :woot: ... but the BWS still uses the old (non-existent) link until dabus updates it :) (which shouldn't take long :D)

Also, regarding your second hang (with the pic) it's also cause of an old WeiDU :P

All in, wait for the BWS to be updated. And if possible, wait until a new BWPFixpack is out ;)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 urineg

urineg
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:34 AM

The BWS fails to dl WeiDU 224 cause WeiDU 225 is out! :woot: ... but the BWS still uses the old (non-existent) link until dabus updates it :) (which shouldn't take long :D)

Also, regarding your second hang (with the pic) it's also cause of an old WeiDU :P

All in, wait for the BWS to be updated. And if possible, wait until a new BWPFixpack is out ;)

Hey man!
thanks a lot for the answer... :crying:
so all i gotta do for now is wait? :cheers:
there is no other way for me to get it working? i mean an easy way? for a newbie of course...
:woot:

:hug: cya :)

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:20 AM

Actually, you could download WeiDU 225 from the above news link to where the BWS downloads all your mods and rename the "225" part to "224" just to fool the BWS into thinking it already downloaded it ;)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#7 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:04 AM

It should still complain about the size if you don't edit BiG World Setup\Config\Mod.ini (section [Weidu], size-key)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#8 urineg

urineg
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:48 AM

I think i might have done it right finally, the install bat is running right now apparently fine...
i got the 225 version and extracted to the bg2 folder when BWS complained that there wasnt a WeiDU on the folder, then i clicked in a setup-modname and it updated all the mods to the same size 655kb *followed this guy advice on another thread)
and it looks like it sworking now, no errors that i saw till now...

did i make it guys?
hehe  :wub:

oh nvm..first error: installing tetyr forest mod  :(  well i hope this mod sucks lol

Edited by urineg, 14 December 2010 - 07:55 AM.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:37 AM

Oh boy :unsure: Looks like we might need to wait for another WeiDU update ...

About your mod install, there should be no problems until you get to your BGII part of the game :) Btw, if you can, please zip/rar/7z the file called BiG World Debug.txt once your install completes :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 14 December 2010 - 09:01 AM.

#10 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

The Tethyr Forest issue is already fixed in WeiDU. The bug with those kits mentioned on G3 is caused by the install.bat breaking kit.ids. I'm waiting for further possible reports before uploading 226.

Edited by the bigg, 14 December 2010 - 09:40 AM.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#11 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

Edit: Wait a second: Is this fixed in the current available v225?
Or is it fixed in your code and will be release as v226 later?
Just wonder which release I should point to: 224 or 225... :huh:

Otherwise, a workaround could be to get WeiDU-224, extract your WeiDU.exe into your bg2-path, open a cmd, navigate to your bg2-path, execute
FOR %s IN (setup-*.exe) DO copy /Y WeiDU.exe "%s"
This will replace all setups with weidu 224. Check by starting a Setup-X.exe to see if it still updates stuff. Wait till it prompts for your input, then the autoupdate should be done. Don't install anything, exit by using [ctrl]+[c].

Confirm the startup looks like this now:

E:\BiG World Project\BGII - SvA>Setup-WillyB.exe
[Setup-WillyB.exe] WeiDU version 22400
[Setup-WillyB.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"

Choose your language:
0 [English]

Again: Don't install anything.
Then edit the BiG World Install.bat, line 2005/2006 so it looks like this:

:STARTNEW
%IFS%CtB.exe Call %INST% TethyrForestPatch "0"

Edit line 87 to 91 so it looks like this:

SET INST="%BWIP%\Install.bat"

goto :STARTNEW

:: Every choice-key may be used only one single time.

Save and start the batch, so it continues installing the TethyrForestPatch.

Edited by dabus, 14 December 2010 - 09:48 AM.

#12 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

Dabus: the fix will be available in 226, which I'll upload tomorrow or Thursday (just to roll in other bugs that might arise).

Rather than downgrading to 224 (I'd appreciate seeing bug reports for 225), you can fix Tethyr Forest by adding this line to 51-ish of TethyrForestPatch/setup-TethyrForestPatch.tp2:

SET ab_RT_Vx_Y_4 = "3242" //Vertex 4:Y
SET EVALUATE_BUFFER ~BUFFER_LENGTH%TAB%~ = BUFFER_LENGTH
LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~ADD_AREA_REGION_TRIGGER~

and then editing the install.bat like Dabus said.

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#13 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

Dabus: the fix will be available in 226, which I'll upload tomorrow or Thursday (just to roll in other bugs that might arise).

Rather than downgrading to 224 (I'd appreciate seeing bug reports for 225), you can fix Tethyr Forest by adding this line to 51-ish of TethyrForestPatch/setup-TethyrForestPatch.tp2:

SET ab_RT_Vx_Y_4 = "3242" //Vertex 4:Y
SET EVALUATE_BUFFER ~BUFFER_LENGTH%TAB%~ = BUFFER_LENGTH
LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~ADD_AREA_REGION_TRIGGER~

and then editing the install.bat like Dabus said.

Also that mod just patches an area so it could even go dead last especially after the mods it is trying to make compatible are all installed correctly and there aren't any internal problems.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#14 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:46 AM

Rather than downgrading to 224 (I'd appreciate seeing bug reports for 225)...

Ok, I linked to 225.

#15 urineg

urineg
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

Oh boy :unsure: Looks like we might need to wait for another WeiDU update ...

About your mod install, there should be no problems until you get to your BGII part of the game :) Btw, if you can, please zip/rar/7z the file called BiG World Debug.txt once your install completes :cheers:

all right, uploading now, this will take long...

btw yeah like you said, just started a new BGII game and as soon as i see my character in the cage the game reboots to the intro
and same thing happens when i do this with baldur's gate 1, simply goes back to the intro as soon as the game is starting

ToB is working fine but there is a demon that kicked my ass at the beggining   :woot:
btw here is the Debug from the installation http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ODFQB6L2
Attached File  BiG World Debug.rar   380.15K   210 downloads
attachment is here thanks to lollorian :D

Edited by urineg, 15 December 2010 - 02:47 AM.

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

My friend, you know you could just attach the file here right? :D The debug.txt should be helpful to thebigg to check for more WeiDU errors :)

Anyway:

1) The thing at the start of the BGII-SoA game is prolly the CtB (one of the megamods) cutscene - it tells you a recap of how you came to be in the jail cell ;) Your meeting with Khalid-Jaheira, battle with Sarevok among other niceties. Also, just after it finishes, the RoT (another megamod) cutscene may start with 2 people talking about something in an icy region :lol:

2) The BGII-ToB start is as intended too :P It's from the mod called FR-RoV (look into the BWP Guide pdf and the mod's readme for info about that :P)

All in all, nice game you have there :coolthumb:

PS: The TethyrForest thingy's problem will show up once you exit the Underdark in BGII-SoA ... until then and beyond that, your game should be normal :unsure: (... no promises though :devil:)

#17 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:10 AM

Thanks. Looks like Tethyr Forest is the only error caused solely by me (I could fix the kit problem, but it really should be fixed by the install.bat).

#18 urineg

urineg
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:45 AM

My friend, you know you could just attach the file here right? :D The debug.txt should be helpful to thebigg to check for more WeiDU errors :)

Anyway:

1) The thing at the start of the BGII-SoA game is prolly the CtB (one of the megamods) cutscene - it tells you a recap of how you came to be in the jail cell ;) Your meeting with Khalid-Jaheira, battle with Sarevok among other niceties. Also, just after it finishes, the RoT (another megamod) cutscene may start with 2 people talking about something in an icy region :lol:

2) The BGII-ToB start is as intended too :P It's from the mod called FR-RoV (look into the BWP Guide pdf and the mod's readme for info about that :P)

All in all, nice game you have there :coolthumb:

PS: The TethyrForest thingy's problem will show up once you exit the Underdark in BGII-SoA ... until then and beyond that, your game should be normal :unsure: (... no promises though :devil:)

hi again   :hug:   :wub:
thanks for the answers, im thinking im gonna start a game anyway and try it out, if anything happens i will just save character !
i will be reporting more stuff here if it helps you guys...
:woot:  :D

#19 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

It sounds like you aren't quite sure as to what it does. When you install Check the Bodies, the cave entrance in the Forest of Tethyr goes to a whole new area, AR3530 whereas it used to go to AR2602. So in all gameplay reality, you can't get to AR2602 except CLUA. The Tethyr Forest Patch adds an additional entrance to AR2602 which is necessary for TS-BP and Tashia, all this could be easily resolved by CLUA with move MoveToArea and maybe a SetGlobal.

Exiting the Underdark is not the only way to open the Forest of Tethyr with TS-BP and/or TDD installed.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant