Lots of errors during installation with BWP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -Avathacis-

-Avathacis-

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

I did everything BWP required. Installed BGI and ToTSC + newest patch. Installed BG2 and ToB + newest patch. Downloaded WeiDu and put it in the directory required. It downloaded all the mods required. I made backups. BWP did the preparations without any errors.

I started installing. Now i notice that at least 50% of the mods are not being installed due to errors. I assume this is not normal. Where can i get logs so i can upload them?

NOTE: The CMD window is saying that i do not have ToB installed, even though i do.

#2 mrgone

mrgone
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

My first time using BWP abd I'm in the same boat. I posted this issue in the BWS 9.5 post and waiting a response.

#3 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

I think there is a problem with Weidu 221.
I tried Weidu 220 and everything went OK.
You can try to install BG2 Fixpack on vanilla BG2 with Weidu221 and it won't install even core fixes. And there are lots of other errors in other mods with 221.

Also I downloaded Lollorian's BiG World Borkpack v9.4 and changed files for new versions CtB and TDD. It worked for me. First time done this. :-) Not one error during install. Maybe somebody should check is it OK.
Rename it to "BiG_World_Trimpack_v9.1.1.7z" after downloads are made. Lollorian's file with my changes is in attachment.

Attached Files

Edited by Mad Mate, 26 October 2010 - 04:16 PM.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

Absolutely awesome work mate! :Bow: Reupping your borkpack to the biffing thread for the BWP peeps :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 -Avathacis-

-Avathacis-

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys! Where could i get WeiDu 220, since the original website is only hosting 221 now (or so it seems)?

#6 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

I think there is a problem with Weidu 221.
I tried Weidu 220 and everything went OK.
You can try to install BG2 Fixpack on vanilla BG2 with Weidu221 and it won't install even core fixes. And there are lots of other errors in other mods with 221.

There is a problem with WeiDU 221 but I have no problems installing the G3 Fixpack with that version.

#7 mrgone

mrgone
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:46 AM

since BW is looking for 221, should I just rename 220 to 221, or change the BW ini file?

#8 -Avathacis-

-Avathacis-

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:51 AM

I changed everything and the game still treats as i if i didn't have ToB >.>.

#9 -Avathacis-

-Avathacis-

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

Meh, no edit. I meant installer, not game.

#10 mrgone

mrgone
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Meh, no edit. I meant installer, not game.

This was my reply in the BWS thread:

First, this is the first time I have tried to mod BG, so if this doesn't work don't get upset.

Use BWS. After downloading and extracting do not continue the silent install, yet. Delete all WEIDU 221 files/folders and manually extract WEIDU 220. Make sure BGT is extracted correctly, if not do it manually (this was my case). Then continue the silent install and the rest of the installation.

I got a working Tactical game after a 2 hour install with the following mods removed: ALL NPC mods, Shed's, Paladins of, Volcanic Armory, and B!Tweaks.

Hope this works for you.