Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

Posted Image

How to fix it?

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:57 PM

Did you start a new game after you ran the version x of the BWP/BWS... as your savegames are totally cheesed after every run.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 RoBoBOBR

RoBoBOBR
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:43 PM

Starting new game did help, thanks.

But now i have new problem - i can't enter Larswood, game crashes =\

#4 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:33 AM

most probable causes:

1. a creature's animation isn't working
2. a creature's .cre file is flawed in some way (something like a bow in the off-hand slot, or something in the offhand while a 2 hander is in use)
3. game is trying to spawn a creature it doesn't have a .cre file for
4. the area file itself is messed up

>to find out which it is, get Near Infinity or DLTCEP and open up the area. Note all of the actors in the area. You'll need to go into the game, and try spawning each of those creatures individually to see if any of them crash the game. If you go through them all and haven't reproduced the crash, you know it isn't 1 or 2.

>if it is 3, you probably would've gotten some kind of error indicating a file is missing in your baldur.err log, assuming logging is turned on.

>if it is 4, the problem will disappear when you restore a backup of the .are file.
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#5 RoBoBOBR

RoBoBOBR
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

Thanks, will do.

Okay, trying to spawn Osmadi (I used CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("[monster name]") command) seem to crash the game. How can i fix him?

Edited by RoBoBOBR, 31 May 2010 - 01:37 PM.

#6 -Akarin-

-Akarin-

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hi there,

I had the same problem, Osmadi was crashing the game when entering Larswood or when spawning him anywhere else.

The error message was :

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ObjAnimation.cpp
Line: 23887

Exp: bAttackProb[0] == TRUE || bAttackProb[1] == TRUE || bAttackProb[2] == TRUE

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

I replaced his animation (L_CLERIC_MALE_HUMAN) with CLERIC_MALE_HUMAN and it seems to fix the problem (find OSMADI.CRE in the CRE subsection in Near Infinity, edit him and modify the Animation ID attribute with "CLERIC_MALE_HUMAN - 24576). I can't offer any warranty on this fix, as I'm fairly new to this, but my party can enter Larswood now.

Now, I just hope that no other NPC have the same problem as Osmadi. *crosses fingers*

Thanks to AndrewB for the debugging tips.

#7 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:10 PM

now that you know what creature file it is, you can (*)changelog the .cre file to follow the changes back, and try to pinpoint the specific change that is causing the creature to malfunction, and which mod is introducing that change. You should probably report the bug to the mod author so that they can investigate it, and if it is something on their end, fix it. If it is the result of an incompatibility with another mod, well.. at least you and the mod author are now aware of a compatibility issue and can avoid it in the future.

*in your BG2 folder you should have a file named "changelog". Open it up with a text editor like notepad. Inside you will find sufficient instructions for how to proceed. Once you've run the changelog .bat, you'll find the results of it in a .txt file called changelog.
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

I replaced his animation (L_CLERIC_MALE_HUMAN) with CLERIC_MALE_HUMAN and it seems to fix the problem

That was the BG1 cleric animation from Infinity Animations, but it shouldn't be a problem unless some mod has done something wacky like give him two weapons (in which case, he wouldn't've received that animation). I just tested him with that animation with both a quarterstaff (what he has by default) and a club (what DSotSC gives him) and both were fine (though the club looks like a mace but that's expected I suppose). Export your osmadi.cre from NI and attach it, I guess. Out of curiosity, does it also work if you give him the MALARITE animation? Because that's probably the proper animation for him (he's an obvious Malarite, given what he says in dialogue). Also, post the contents of your WeiDU.log in [spoiler ] tags.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#9 -Akarin-

-Akarin-

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

@AndrewB - There are several mods affecting Osmadi.
Mods affecting OSMADI.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.09 (8 May 10) BWP Trimpack
00001: ~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ 0 0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu: v215 BWP Trimpack and BWP Fix
00002: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2400 // Enemy items shatter: 9 (31 Dec 09)
00003: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5000 // Smarter general AI: v14 BWP Fix
00004: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5010 // Better calls for help: v14 BWP Fix
00005: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5021 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v14 BWP Fix
00006: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5050 // Smarter deployment: v14 BWP Fix
00007: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 0 9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.37
00008: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 0 // Creature XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%: v6 BWP Fix
00009: ~SETUP-BP-BALANCER.TP2~ 0 17 // Restore original BG1 creatures' XP and items -> Keep custom items from other Mods
00010: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 420 // Realistic random treasures -> Both 1 and 2 (no treasures lost): v5 BWP Fix
00011: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 470 // Change creature gold carried -> Reduce to 50% (recommended): v5 BWP Fix
00012: ~SETUP-NSCPORTRAITS.TP2~ 0 1340 // Portraits for Big Picture: v1.7
00013: ~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ 0 8000 // BG1 Animations for NPCs -> 25% of relevant creatures: v5

@Miloch
The MALARITE animation works fine. Here's the Weidu log.

Spoiler

I couldn't figure how to attach a file to my message, but you can find the file here : Osmadi at Mediafire

Cheers.

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

I couldn't figure how to attach a file to my message, but you can find the file here : Osmadi at Mediafire

Cheers - reproduced the error and posted a fix here. The problem has to do with the dsclub01.itm Osmadi is wielding from the Dark Side of the Sword Coast mod, which was missing an animation value that could cause a crash. Makes some sense that you'll encounter it more with BG1 animations than BG2 ones, since they're less forgiving about details like that in general. Should be a fairly rare error though, unless there are other odd bugged items like that lying around (guess I could run a scan but that would involve, sigh, writing some code :ph34r:).

In theory, you could drop that item in your override to fix the problem but it'll just have a generic "club" description unless you (re)install it with the DSotSC mod. You can fix it yourself in either NI or DLTCEP - in NI, expand the ITM folder, open dsclub.itm, scroll down to the first Item ability (around 0x72, the "Ranged" one), click View/Edit, scroll down to Animation: Overhand swing % (around 0x9e) and change the 0 to 100 and save it. In DLTCEP, same is on the "Extended Effects" tab in the "Overhand" field.

Incidentally, you can attach files directly to your posts if you register.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#11 -Akarin-

-Akarin-

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:09 AM

It worked fine. Thank you for your help.