Assertion failed at ChSound.cpp

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -aquaman214-

-aquaman214-

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

I am getting an assertion failed at Chsound.cpp at line number 4905. Any help would be appreciated!

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

Scroogle is your friend (google is your enemy).

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=20873
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=38298

(And possibly this, though their solutions are sometimes rather dubious and it ain't the same line number anyway.)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:50 AM

The modern solution is to install the ToBEx or the Taimon's ToB_Hacks, and the BGTmusic mods. See, the fault is that you have too many mods that add too many songs into your songlist that the original game, had a limit... which the two mods can then skip.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 April 2010 - 04:51 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 aquaman214

aquaman214
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:29 PM

Thanks for the help! Had to uninstall Chloe. Seems she was doing it as I was able to reinstall any other NPC but she made it crash. Any ideas on how to add her would be appreciated but thanks again!

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:17 AM

Thanks for the help! Had to uninstall Chloe. Seems she was doing it as I was able to reinstall any other NPC but she made it crash. Any ideas on how to add her would be appreciated but thanks again!

Well, I would need your WeiDU.log for that.

#6 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:13 AM

Look at the Override\SONGLIST.2DA and check how many entires it has.
As far as I know, BGT-music expands the Limit to 200. Since the list starts at 0, all above 199 should be deleted. Make a backup before you do that. Delete all above 99 if it does not help or you don't have that many entries.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#7 nightsofcydonia

nightsofcydonia
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

I have the same problem. I have taken Hoppy's advice in this post: http://www.shsforums...ine-number-4905 and deleted all files above 99 in my songlist.2da file (using nearinfinity), but this hasn't helped. I have attached my weidu log. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you. Attached File  Weidu.log   18.47K   199 downloads

Edited by nightsofcydonia, 29 August 2010 - 03:27 PM.

#8 nightsofcydonia

nightsofcydonia
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

I noticed that I should install BGTmusic.exe, however I have used the Big World Setup to install all these mods and I want a BG2 only install. If I start again and install BGT to get BGTmusic.exe, can I do this without having to install Baldur's Gate as well? Should installing this fix the problem? Thanks.

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

I noticed that I should install BGTmusic.exe, however I have used the Big World Setup to install all these mods and I want a BG2 only install. If I start again and install BGT to get BGTmusic.exe, can I do this without having to install Baldur's Gate as well? Should installing this fix the problem? Thanks.

Well, you cannot install the BGT without having the BG1+TotSC installed on your computer, but after the BGT is installed, you can remove the BG1+TotSC ...

But you can start the BGT in the BG2 portion of the game, so you don't need to play from level 1, at Candlekeep... so you end up starting from the Irenicus Prison...