663 replies to this topic

#161 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

I'm sorry to be green at English/

I'm a korean who is using BWP and meeting bugs in Nashkel.

when my character go in Nashkel,the game is crashed.

I remind reading something about low graphics in Nashkel that cause problems if using IA ... or was it aurora? I think there was a fix for that.

Anyone with a non-Western operating system (Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Russian) needs to set their codepage to English and reboot before installing either Aurora or Infinity Animations as described in the IA readme:

This can be done as follows on Windows systems:
-> Control Panel
-> Regional and Language Settings in Classic View (or Clock, Language and Region then Regional and Language Options in fancy view)
-> Click on the Advanced or Administrative tab
-> Then where it talks about non-Unicode programs, change the language to English

If I have Original Saga 3CD v5521, Am I need to install patch v5512 for BG1 ?

Not as I recall, as it should be patched already.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#162 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

If I have Original Saga 3CD v5521, Am I need to install patch v5512 for BG1 ?

Not as I recall, as it should be patched already.

I had the same issue :P cause the BWP recommends 5512 and my vanilla BGI was 5521 ... applying the 5512 patch over the 5521 downgrades it properly :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#163 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:35 PM

I had the same issue :P cause the BWP recommends 5512 and my vanilla BGI was 5521 ... applying the 5512 patch over the 5521 downgrades it properly :)

Eh, what exactly is the 5521 issue? I thought it was patched to 5512 by default, and the 5521 was just for either multiplayer or DirectX or something (and probably not necessary for normal play as I recall, though it's been a while since I've looked at it).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#164 -Nashkel is hell-

-Nashkel is hell-

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:27 AM

/Anyone with a non-Western operating system (Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Russian) needs to set their codepage to English and reboot before installing either Aurora or Infinity Animations as described in the IA readme:

-> Control Panel
-> Regional and Language Settings in Classic View (or Clock, Language and Region then Regional and Language Options in fancy view)
-> Then where it talks about non-Unicode programs, change the language to English/

I already set the option every setup.

There seem to be any different problem.

Thank to your quick reply.

#165 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:24 AM

Eh, what exactly is the 5521 issue? I thought it was patched to 5512 by default, and the 5521 was just for either multiplayer or DirectX or something (and probably not necessary for normal play as I recall, though it's been a while since I've looked at it).

Sorry for not digging up the relevant thread :P (methinks it was the BWP 5.6 megathread) but at that time, it was recommended that I somehow change my version to 5512 (didn't know exactly why 5512 was preferred over 5521 by the BWP but meh :P)

But mine was patched to 5521 by default, not 5512 :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#166 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:39 AM

Eh, what exactly is the 5521 issue?

The BGT... essencially, as the v(1.3.)5521 can be used to make the BGT, but if I remember it correctly there is some other issues too, so for claritys sake, just the v5512 is 'sponsored' by the BWP.

-> Control Panel
-> Then where it talks about non-Unicode programs, change the language to English/
-> Restart the computer for the change to take effect.

There seem to be any different problem.

If there is a different problem, we need to know what it is, so archive the setup-infinityanimations.DEBUG(or something quite close, I did't check the exact file name) into a .zip archive and we'll be able to take a look.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 April 2010 - 03:42 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#167 -Nashkel is hell-

-Nashkel is hell-

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:54 AM

you have really accurate viewpoint.

The following is a part of my SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.DEBUG
/
Installing [Infinity Animations]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[infinityanimations/batch/t-ansi.txt] loaded, 19 bytes

Your ANSI code page is set to a value of 949. Files in the content folder
will be updated to match your code page.
[./override/bhlizkng.cre] loaded, 1644 bytes
[./override/cbbgbera.cre] loaded, 1420 bytes
[./override/bhlizkng.cre] loaded, 1644 bytes

An installed mod requires IA_IWD.rar extracted to your
infinityanimations/content folder.
[./override/cbbgbera.cre] loaded, 1420 bytes

An installed mod requires IA_BGII_IWDII.rar extracted to your
[./override/f_bel.cre] loaded, 1400 bytes

An installed mod requires Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip extracted to your
[./override/f_bel.cre] loaded, 1400 bytes

An installed mod requires Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip extracted to your
[./override/pslady.cre] loaded, 1160 bytes

An installed mod requires IA_Wh_Dr_Wyv_LoP.rar extracted to your

NOTE: Download all content from Spellhold Studios. Each content module is at
www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showcat=98. Extract all archives
using the "Do not extract paths" option on the Advanced tab in WinRAR. Also,
make sure the "Destination path" on the General tab terminates in /content or
/restore after infinityanimations (there are no subfolders beyond that).

For WinZip, make sure the "Use folder names" box is *unselected*. You should
end up with a bunch of .bam files and no subfolders in your "content" and/or
"restore" folders. Rerun this installer once you've extracted all content.
FAILURE:
Required content missing.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Infinity Animations], rolling back to previous state
[infinityanimations/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 0 files for [INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 0 files for [INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2] component 0.
SKIPPING: [Distinctive Genies]
This component requires the main component.

SKIPPING: [Distinctive Fiends]

SKIPPING: [All get the NWN animation]
Skipping [All cambions] because another its requirements aren't met.
Skipping [All alu-fiends] because another its requirements aren't met.

SKIPPING: [Distinctive Undead]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [d:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD5\/DATA/CTB-BAM.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [d:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD4\/DATA/CTB-BAM.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [d:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD3\/DATA/CTB-BAM.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [d:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/CTB-BAM.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [d:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/CTB-BAM.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [d:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD1\/DATA/CTB-BAM.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [d:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\/DATA/CTB-BAM.BIF]
[d:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\/DATA/CTB-BAM.BIF] 48090976 bytes, 592 files, 0 tilesets

SKIPPING: [Barrow Wight animation]

SKIPPING: [Some beggars and slaves]
Skipping [Animations and sounds] because another its requirements aren't met.

SKIPPING: [More Base Animations]

SKIPPING: [More Icewind Dale Animations]

SKIPPING: [More Icewind Dale II Animations]

SKIPPING: [More Neverwinter Nights Animations]

SKIPPING: [Fix Area Creature References]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Infinity Animations/ (sorry. I have no idea at how to attach the file.)

#168 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:26 AM

I made a Tactic installation, editing the batch file since i wanted to install Hidden Kits.

I simply added
Setup-HideKt
After
%IFES%SPSTUFF%IFIF%Divine_Remix%S%SPSTUFF%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 3 6 --logapp | %M%
%IFGS%SPSTUFF%IFIF%Divine_Remix%S%SPSTUFF%L%1%SK% 0 1 2 3 6 --logapp | %M%
%IFHS%SPSTUFF%IFIF%Divine_Remix%S%SPSTUFF%L%2%SK% 0 1 2 3 6 --logapp | %M%

So that the kits part looked like this:
%.%
%.%
%.%23. INSTALLATION OF KITS | %M%
%.%
%.%
:: %IFS%ModKitRemover%IFNIF%ModKitRemover.DEBUG %IFS%ModKitRemover%L%0%SK% 0 2 4 6 8 10 12 | %M%

%IFES%SPSTUFF%IFIF%Divine_Remix%S%SPSTUFF%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 3 6 --logapp | %M%
%IFGS%SPSTUFF%IFIF%Divine_Remix%S%SPSTUFF%L%1%SK% 0 1 2 3 6 --logapp | %M%
%IFHS%SPSTUFF%IFIF%Divine_Remix%S%SPSTUFF%L%2%SK% 0 1 2 3 6 --logapp | %M%
Setup-HideKt
%IFES%Tactics%IFIF%ashesofembers%S%Tactics%L%0%SK% 26 27 --logapp | %M%
%IFGS%Tactics%IFIF%ashesofembers%S%Tactics%L%2%SK% 26 27 --logapp | %M%
%IFHS%Tactics%IFIF%ashesofembers%S%Tactics%L%4%SK% 26 27 --logapp | %M%

%IF% BWP_POF_Kits %IFNLS%PofKits%IFIF%Divine_Remix%S%PofKits%L%0%SK% 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | %M%

%IFS%PPK.exe copy /Y ".\BiG World Fixpack\_override\PPK\*.*" ".\override" | %M%
%IF% BWP_PPK_Kits %IFNLS%PPK%S%PPK%L%1%SK% 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | %M%

%IF% BWP_RTT_Kits %IFNLS%kitrtt%S%kitrtt%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 | %M%
I noticed, though, that all kits after my add (AoE, PofKits, and so on...) have not be installed, and the installation skipped to part 24 just after installing Hidden Kits.
Is this due to my add or did i forgot something else, to be able to install all kits available in BWP?

Edited by golgoth, 21 April 2010 - 06:28 AM.

#169 -Nashkel is hell-

-Nashkel is hell-

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:31 AM

Those things are parts of big world debug.txt
------------------------------------------------
Installing [Dark Side-based kobold upgrade]

Baldur's Gate Trilogy detected.
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Compiling 1 script ...
Copying and patching 8 files ...
ERROR: cannot convert kobold_genai or %kobold_genai% to an integer
ERROR: [scs/kobold/dw#kobch.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

ERROR Installing [Dark Side-based kobold upgrade], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 12 files for [SETUP-SCS.TP2] component 6030.
Uninstalled 12 files for [SETUP-SCS.TP2] component 6030.
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-SCS.DEBUG to www.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Dark Side-based kobold upgrade] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Dark Side-based kobold upgrade
SKIPPING: [Also randomly remove SOME overpowered custom items (will not affect quest relevanted items)]
Secret of Bone Hill is not installed

Installing [Also randomly remove SOME overpowered custom items (will not affect quest relevanted items)]
SKIPPING: [Also randomly remove SOME overpowered custom items (will not affect quest relevanted items)]
Secret of Bone Hill is not installed

---------------------

#170 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:58 AM

Your ANSI code page is set to a value of 949. Files in the content folder will be updated to match your code page.

This means you did not set your code page correctly to 1252 and reboot as described above. You must do that or the mod will fail. Everyone else who has had this issue has been able to resolve it when doing this correctly (see here for example).

As for the SCS error, you should probably report that in its forum. This thread isn't good for reporting bugs or issues, as they'll quickly get buried by new posts and the mod authors will never see them.

#171 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

Oh, my god. I've got a problem, and a serious one.
Spoiler

#172 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

Click
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#173 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

I tell you guys, you are Awesome. That helped, yay! Because of lots of mods it is impossible to check the inventory just after transition. What kind of items am i able to get to BGII? All equipped? All inventory? Bags? Golden pantaloons?

#174 mp84

mp84
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

Click

Is this something you have to do no matter what? as I looked in my "Override" folder in Games\BGII-SoA and I don't see that file there, so wondering If I should just go ahead and put that in there, or just wait till I get to the end game of BG1?

Also, that files says I would need to remove the .txt extension, forgive my ignorance, but how do I remove that .txt extension on Vista 64? As I can't seem to find that option (If I do need to put that file in my Override directory)

Edit: I was able to find this file Here, which is on a different link, but wondering if that's the same file mentioned above? (Since it's already in .bcs format without the .txt extension and from the same person, but naturally a much older post)

thanks,

Edited by mp84, 21 April 2010 - 06:43 PM.

#175 -kas-

-kas-

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

Question on the ?Dark side of the Sword Coast? mod as part of the BWP. I have been searching a long time for the new maps and just wondering if I should be somewhere else.

I recruited Jet Laya in my party and noticed a new map open up on the world map called ?Wood of Sharp Teeth?..so off I went. I couldn?t find anything there so kept heading east into a map with no name. I ran across some Skeleton Lords who are pretty much ripping me a new one. :lol: My 5-6 level party is standing little chance against them at this point. Am I in the right area for this mod? Just curious if I?m heading in the right direction or heading somewhere for a higher level party. :cheers:

#176 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:28 PM

Question on the ?Dark side of the Sword Coast? mod as part of the BWP. I have been searching a long time for the new maps and just wondering if I should be somewhere else.

I recruited Jet Laya in my party and noticed a new map open up on the world map called ?Wood of Sharp Teeth?..so off I went. I couldn?t find anything there so kept heading east into a map with no name. I ran across some Skeleton Lords who are pretty much ripping me a new one. :lol: My 5-6 level party is standing little chance against them at this point. Am I in the right area for this mod? Just curious if I?m heading in the right direction or heading somewhere for a higher level party. :cheers:

Yes, Keep looking for Jet's sister. There are 3 maps.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#177 -Nashkel is hell-

-Nashkel is hell-

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:43 AM

when user name is not English Big world fixpack is not working with cord page 1252

This error is because installation process refers Big world fixpack to 'C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME' (if username was named by other language installation of fixpack makes many error: invalid argument

it's a very important point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to users who are not using english

it should be a main notice

#178 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:53 AM

@golgoth: The line you should insert is kinda complex :P It should be like:
%IFES%HideKt%S%HideKt%L%0%SK% 0 --logapp | %M%
and not just
Setup-HideKt
;) Try adding that in a future installation ...

#179 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:00 AM

Click

Is this something you have to do no matter what? as I looked in my "Override" folder in Games\BGII-SoA and I don't see that file there, so wondering If I should just go ahead and put that in there, or just wait till I get to the end game of BG1

Well, it depends on your BGT version and if ASC64 has already gotten to fix the problem in the version you are playing. Of course you do not have the file inside the override folder because in most of the BWP installs, the game info all is biffed to a .bif file instead of it being all in the override folder.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#180 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:16 AM

Question on the “Dark side of the Sword Coast” mod as part of the BWP. I have been searching a long time for the new maps and just wondering if I should be somewhere else.

I recruited Jet Laya in my party and noticed a new map open up on the world map called “Wood of Sharp Teeth”..so off I went. I couldn’t find anything there so kept heading east into a map with no name. I ran across some Skeleton Lords who are pretty much ripping me a new one. :lol: My 5-6 level party is standing little chance against them at this point. Am I in the right area for this mod? Just curious if I’m heading in the right direction or heading somewhere for a higher level party. :cheers:

I've beaten them on insane difficulty around lvl 3 using following strategy:
All characters equip Oil Potions and Wands Of Fireballs. Each shot deals 6d6 damage regardless of character level. They shoot fireballs simultaneously and 6 fireballs are just enough for all skeleton lords. So don't sell potions of fireballs - everyone may use them and they are critically useful sometimes.

mp84

Is this something you have to do no matter what? as I looked in my "Override" folder in Games\BGII-SoA and I don't see that file there, so wondering If I should just go ahead and put that in there, or just wait till I get to the end game of BG1?

As far as i know override folder is used to replace some scripts. So if in some mod some script(or map) fails to work properly, you just place fixed copy in override directory. Well, basically most mods are working the same way: they replace standart resources, replacing them with their own in override directory. But when you are using too many mods, there will be too many files in override folder, and you need to make a "biffing" procedure: to "compile" all files in override to native .bif files.

Also, that files says I would need to remove the .txt extension, forgive my ignorance, but how do I remove that .txt extension on Vista 64? As I can't seem to find that option (If I do need to put that file in my Override directory)

Dude, install normal file manager such as total commander or turn on option "show file extentions", use google: http://maximumpcguid...ile-extensions/

Anyone please answer what items am i going to keep after bg1-bg2 transition. I'll go and complete a couple of remaining quests :)

Edited by Suslik, 22 April 2010 - 06:29 AM.