663 replies to this topic

#141 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:11 AM

mp84
About crashes around Nashkel:
Does the game freeze after you rest or during it? I had a very similar problem: the game showed just one frame after the rest, is was even possible to pause it, but then if i unpaused it freezed. If you have the same issue, i may try to explain my solution.

About vista installation:
First ensure that turn the UAC off, it proved to be very important. If it doesnt help, try running the script as administrator.

#142 mp84

mp84
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

mp84
About crashes around Nashkel:
Does the game freeze after you rest or during it? I had a very similar problem: the game showed just one frame after the rest, is was even possible to pause it, but then if i unpaused it freezed. If you have the same issue, i may try to explain my solution.

About vista installation:
First ensure that turn the UAC off, it proved to be very important. If it doesnt help, try running the script as administrator.

Hey,

The game will crash the moment I click on the rest button, or even in an inn now when I choose the rest button after picking what room I wanna sleep in (In Nashkel now). The ironic thing is, is this started after I entered the Nashkel Pass area, everything was fine before that point. I get a Gorion Dream sequence, then after that when I guess it may be trying to load the movie or something, it will just crash right to desktop. Is there a way I can perhaps disable only the resting movies? (Not even sure if that's the problem though) or if you have any other solutions I would be interested to hear them.

As for the Vista issue, I have UAC off, I haven't tried it running as administrator though, I did try the compatibility checker of running it in XP and that didn't work either. It's only for Baldur's Gate 1 too, as BG II installs like a charm on Vista, and I know I could try BiG without BG1 installed, but I wanna get that full experience, hehe.

Edit:

Jarno, Missed your post, I apologize. Attached is my WeiDu Log (I think that's what you want)

thanks again,

MP

Attached Files

Edited by mp84, 18 April 2010 - 10:28 AM.

#143 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

mp84
About the nashkel issue:
Yeah, the problem should be in rest movie. Sorry, it is not the same as i encountered myself.

About vista:
So, the problem is that you can't install BG1, not BGT? Well, it is quite simple: there are a lot of BG1 versions. I installed Baldur's Gate Original Saga - it is BG1 with all needed patches and Tales of The Sword Coast included. It has pretty new installer so it worked perfectly on my Win7 x64. Just try to find another .iso of BG1.

#144 mp84

mp84
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:39 AM

mp84
About the nashkel issue:
Yeah, the problem should be in rest movie. Sorry, it is not the same as i encountered myself.

About vista:
So, the problem is that you can't install BG1, not BGT? Well, it is quite simple: there are a lot of BG1 versions. I installed Baldur's Gate Original Saga - it is BG1 with all needed patches and Tales of The Sword Coast included. It has pretty new installer so it worked perfectly on my Win7 x64. Just try to find another .iso of BG1.

Doh, hopefully Jarno will have a better solution for me then about the rest issue , as the game is unplayable till this rest issue is fixed unfortunately. As for the Vista issue, well when it comes to ISO mounts, I'm not that savvy in terms of finding different versions, I have on DVD the Baldur's Gate 4 in 1 Box Set (Which is what I'm using try to install, I also just tried running as adimistrator and still no dice)

Basically, after I click the install or even click the setup application inside the CD, the application will just hang, for like 5 minutes, then all of sudden the Install Prep % will kick in, then once it hits 100%, it will exit out and not run anything else. (Again, this is before I even get the options to choose where to install it, etc..)

Anyhow thanks :)

#145 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

If you got it running on a PC, why don't you just copy it?
Editing the [Alias]-section in the Baldur.ini if you change the folders path and starting by clicking the bgmain(2).exe instead of baldur.exe is the only additional thing you have to remember.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#146 mp84

mp84
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:30 AM

If you got it running on a PC, why don't you just copy it?
Editing the [Alias]-section in the Baldur.ini if you change the folders path and starting by clicking the bgmain(2).exe instead of baldur.exe is the only additional thing you have to remember.

haha nice, that did indeed work, as I was able to just go in there and create a character as instructed, and now I can install BGII with no problems on Vista, and run the BIG world project setup on my main computer, well one problem solved. :)

thank you,

#147 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

Doh, hopefully Jarno will have a better solution...

Unfortunately for you, I don't have the slightest idea on what's going on there, so I'll give you a few things you can try... after you have saved the game.
1) Drop every item you have in your inventory to the ground, leave the area you left them into and try to sleep at an inn, as that's the preferred option, and if it doesn't crash, try eliminating the item list until you have the item that makes the game crash.
2) Drop all the party members from your party, and try to sleep at an inn. If the game doesn't crash, it's one of the party members crashing the game.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#148 mp84

mp84
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

Doh, hopefully Jarno will have a better solution...

Unfortunately for you, I don't have the slightest idea on what's going on there, so I'll give you a few things you can try... after you have saved the game.
1) Drop every item you have in your inventory to the ground, leave the area you left them into and try to sleep at an inn, as that's the preferred option, and if it doesn't crash, try eliminating the item list until you have the item that makes the game crash.
2) Drop all the party members from your party, and try to sleep at an inn. If the game doesn't crash, it's one of the party members crashing the game.

Alrighty, I'll try those tips, I'm actually reinstalling on my computer now, so hopefully it was just a glitch or something that I won't have to worry about now, but if I do, then I will try that.

Edit:

Ugh... Unfortunately, it's doing the same thing, this time even earlier, the first time I click on the rest button, my screen freezes, then press the space bar or any button, and it goes right to the desktop. I even tried removing all party members, and have everything unequipped, then entered an Inn to rest and it still does it..

I just tried a new BG2 game (instead of going from the beginning of BG), and everything works fine with the rest button, so I guess I'll just start a new game from BG2.. It's a shame no one has really encountered this before. Anyhow, I'll see how it runs as a start a new game in BG2. Thanks.

thanks,

Edited by mp84, 18 April 2010 - 04:37 PM.

#149 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

mp84
>It's a shame no one has really encountered this before
Actually some bugs are totally random. They disappear if you reinstall BWP, but others will arise. They are often insignificant but sometimes may end up dramatically. So don't be surprised to encounter a crash nobody has seen before.

#150 mp84

mp84
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:30 PM

mp84
>It's a shame no one has really encountered this before
Actually some bugs are totally random. They disappear if you reinstall BWP, but others will arise. They are often insignificant but sometimes may end up dramatically. So don't be surprised to encounter a crash nobody has seen before.

lol alright thanks.. I'm gonna give it one more shot of a reinstall of BWP, and save carefully as I gather new parties, to see if possible I can pinpoint the source of when it starts to occur so I can avoid this.

If not, then I guess I'll be jumping directly into BGII, naturally, if anyone happens to have anymore ideas I'd be happy to try :)

thanks,

#151 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:48 AM

Actually some bugs are totally random.

Erhm, they are not, none of them are... they might seem to be, but they are not. Cause I believe I have helped people long enough to notice, yes they show p on people randomly as people do random things by default and the installer fails to install few mod components again 'seemingly randomly', but there is always something behind those things.
So there is nothing random about it... well expect the 'Item Randomiser', that again is not actually random, but pre-coded so it takes a 'randomizer' code-library table from the computer at the time the installer is started.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#152 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:32 AM

Actually some bugs are totally random.

Erhm, they are not, none of them are... they might seem to be, but they are not. Cause I believe I have helped people long enough to notice, yes they show p on people randomly as people do random things by default and the installer fails to install few mod components again 'seemingly randomly', but there is always something behind those things.
So there is nothing random about it... well expect the 'Item Randomiser', that again is not actually random, but pre-coded so it takes a 'randomizer' code-library table from the computer at the time the installer is started.

Well, of course, there Is an order, if we don't take into account quantum effects, our universe mechanics are all predetermined, BUT sometimes its effects(BWP installation especially :) ) are far too difficult to understand for a single human :) I reinstalled BWP for about five times or so with absolutely identical settings. And all five times i got different modes failed to install. Maybe it's because BWP uses internet connection to obtain some information, maybe it's because of OS glitches, but results never were the same. The project is so huge, it's nearly impossible to control all errors it may encounter.

Furtunately most of its bugs are far from fatal: i played till BG1 chapter 6 using two different installations and did not encounter any fatal bugs.

Edited by Suslik, 19 April 2010 - 03:33 AM.

#153 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

Updated: "BiG World Setup"

9.0.4 (Update Package) - 14.04.2010
Added fix of v8.2.7 again (strangely it was not more included): Crashes while tests generate the output of missing packages (07_Extract.au3, 11_NET.au3)

9.0.5 (Update Package) - 19.04.2010
Updated: Sizes of the new "Alora NPC" and "Vampire Tales" versions, so the BWS gets the new downloads (Mod.ini)
Moved: "Thrown Hammers" and "Item Pack" before "Item Revisions - Global Tweaks" (Chapter.ini, Mod.ini)

Updated: "BiG World Trimpack"

Version v9.0.4 (18 April 2010)
- Updated for "Secret of Bone Hill v2.75a"
- Commented out the lines of the BW Trimpack instead of deleting them, to work correctly with the BW Fixpack fixes
- Added BWP Trimpack notes to all of the BW Trimpack changes, so the WeiDU.log will show them
- Corrected some Trimpack changes
- The BW Trimpack shows the correct version number, now

Updated: "BiG World Fixpack"

Version Beta v9.0.3 (18 April 2010)
- Corrected StateCheck in c#player1.d of Ajantis NPC for SoA
- Updated official hotfixes of "Spell Revisions" (10 April 2010)
- Corrected StateCheck in dw#grpin.BAF of SCSII
- Added Aurora v5.1 Patch
- The BW Fixpack notes in the WeiDU.log are all the same, now
- Added BWP Fix notes to all of the BW Fixpack fixes, so the WeiDU.log will show them
- The BW Fixpack consider the BW Trimpack
- Added the missing description of the Aurora fix to the "_BWP fixes.txt"
- Removed fix of Haendlermod
- Removed backup changes of "Planar Sphere", because it is part of the BW Trimpack
- The BW Fixpack shows the correct version number, now

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#154 mp84

mp84
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

Apologies if this has been asked before, but when newer updates are available, do I just download them and run the .bat file again (which I'm assuming there is one inside) and it updates automatically?

Or is there some other way to do this, as I'd rather keep my saved game that I have going.

thanks,

#155 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

You do not update your running game with updates like Leomars.
And you sure do not run the batch if you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot.
Just stick with it -- or use your backup to install the BWP from scratch.

#156 mp84

mp84
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:34 AM

You do not update your running game with updates like Leomars.
And you sure do not run the batch if you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot.
Just stick with it -- or use your backup to install the BWP from scratch.

I see, so if you wanna take advantage of the new fixes, you install it from scratch everytime. gotcha!. thanks.

#157 -Nashkel is hell-

-Nashkel is hell-

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:54 AM

I'm sorry to be green at English/

I'm a korean who is using BWP and meeting bugs in Nashkel.

when my character go in Nashkel,the game is crashed.

my re-installation is fifth

------
ho, I'm awfully sorry to be green at English :->

#158 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

Guys, are TDD and RoT kits installed automatically or do i have to manually install them?

#159 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:20 AM

I remind reading something about low graphics in Nashkel that cause problems if using IA ... or was it aurora? I think there was a fix for that.

Kits from rot/tdd are installed by default if the mods are available.

#160 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

If I have Original Saga 3CD v5521, Am I need to install patch v5512 for BG1 ?

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon