663 replies to this topic

#61 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:56 AM

Thanks a lot for a quick reply.
[offtop]
i thought that dabuses communicate only by strange signs above their heads :)
[/offtop]

#62 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:11 AM

OT: Well, actually I had to trim my name to fit into a game before I heard of them by playing PST.
Most of the possibilities were pretty lame, did not sound good and since it was a racing game, I came up with it. Well, actually, to use that in a racing game seems lame to be me now. :D
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#63 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:11 AM

What does the community think about repacks? I have a couple of friends - Baldur's Gate crazy fans. They
are eager to play your BG build too. But there is an awful internet connection around in our network. Is it ok if I distribute all the installed megamods in one package, for example, by DVD?

Most of the possibilities were pretty lame, did not sound good and since it was a racing game, I came up with it.

lol :)

Edited by Suslik, 10 April 2010 - 06:31 AM.

#64 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

If you do it privately to people you really know I don't think most would mind (don't talk about it and who would know). :unsure:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#65 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

I'm terribly sorry if i post in a wrong topic, it would be great if you point me at "troubleshooting" topic. Whatever, i've come up with a few questions about installation:
1) There seems to be a problem installing a couple of "standard" mods. Interesting, but i've run through the Big World Setup process three times and all the three times different mods failed to install. Although I didn't change anything significant(well, i think so :) ). Is there any way to check whether my is build stable or not? Is it going to crash somewhere or the mods failed to install were not significant?
2) When the installation process stopped there were two console windows on the desktop : first remained from one of mod setups execution and the second with info about some sound files conversion. No messages like "Hooray! Ready to go!" or something. Am i able to check my build consistency?
3) BiG World seems to install widescreen mod, it even asked me what screen resolution i am going to use, i answered "1280x1024", but the game seems to run in native 800x600. Is it ok? Where should appear the "screen resolution" option?

Unfortunately i'm unable to report anything about playability, because i'm far too busy generating a character with a sum of stats >90 for a human.

Fixed, after a while:
Well, actually there ARE a couple of bugs. First of all if i'm trying to open a world map i recieve an error message like "Assertion Failed". Now i'm going to try to reinstall the whole pack one more time and if it fails again, i'll continue to bother you with questions.

Edited by Suslik, 10 April 2010 - 04:18 PM.

#66 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

We found out, that BG2 Fixpack and BGT copies files into different BG2 mod folders (not only the override folder), so that the pinned topics with an easy BG2 restoration is not working with that mods. The information is outdated. We'll work on a correct working BWS backup, at the moment.

[EDIT]

I've listed my findings at the German forum:
http://kerzenburg.ba...63&postcount=64

Sorry, but at the moment, I've not the time to translate all the text into English. Perhaps later if needed and perhaps you can use a site translator program like google has and you can understand a little bit of it.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 10 April 2010 - 05:48 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#67 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

Leomar, and what about conflicts? There are a couple of conflicting mods(about 5) in BWS standart installation, at least the installer itself says so on conflicts page. What is user supposed to do with them? Instruction says that you'd better remove conflicting mods, but won't their absence cause another conflicts? Why won't you remove those mods from "standart" installation, it is supposed to be bug-free, am i right?

#68 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

Leomar, and what about conflicts? There are a couple of conflicting mods(about 5) in BWS standart installation, at least the installer itself says so on conflicts page. What is user supposed to do with them? Instruction says that you'd better remove conflicting mods, but won't their absence cause another conflicts? Why won't you remove those mods from "standart" installation, it is supposed to be bug-free, am i right?

As I remember those mods listed as conflicting are conceptually, not technically, incompatible, i.e. 2 different mods regarding romance with the same NPC for example. They exist in BWS to let you chose which one do you like to affect said NPC, or you could easily ignore both versions without any harm to your installation.

There's also some tweak mods where certain component of one mod will have technical conflict with a certain component of another one, but all such issues are already taken into account by default BWP setup of which components of which mod are to be installed.

Edited by Creepin, 10 April 2010 - 11:33 PM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#69 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:33 AM

@Suslik: I guess you did not install anything and are just stuck during the extraction-process of the NSIS-mods. It should have told you that you have to close cmd-windows if they don't automatically.
The sound-conversion would be from cespy-audio, the other other window may be something different.

If you did not see message in the GUI-window that tells you about starting the BiG World Install.bat, that's the case. That's the script that really installs the mods, the BWS just prepares the installation.
It asks you some questions about your installation and then really starts it.

The best way to verify is to look at the Weidu.log. If it does not exist or is empty, your have not installed anything. If you have something in your Weidu.log, your installation has stalled and you have to identify the problem at this point. If that's the case, post the last few lines from the BiG World Debug.txt.

There are some conflicts in the standard-installation because the mods add the same characters or modify the same items. Drizzt, Banwen and Shar-Teel could appear multiple times and have different plots and triggers and thus collide. Before downloading anything is a good point to ask you what you want. If you skip the choice here, the batch will choose for you later.

#70 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:10 AM

Thanks a lot, Dabus. You are right, yesterday i stuck in the middle of the installation process. Not during NSIS installation, but during the installation script, don't know why. Tonight it seems to complete pretty well, now the resolution is awesome just as lots of quests. Unfortunately there seems to be a few errors during execution of installation script, would you kindly look throught the weidu.log http://www.rapidshare.ru/1443281 ?

But hey, the game seems to run pretty well, the world map is present.

#71 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:45 AM

You cannot see warnings and errors in the WeiDU.log but the BiG World Debug.txt. ;)
WeiDU.log will just show the mods/components that have been installed.

#72 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:51 AM

Never mind. The game seems to run pretty well, i'm in friendly arm inn and yet there were not even a glitch, i'm quite excited! :)
I do love some of mods, i.e guy that sells dyers for for cloths and appearence suits. Thanks one more time, great job has been done, guys.

#73 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:18 PM

Unfortunately the game seems to crash occasionally during fights. I can't figure out a pattern when it happens. The first battle crash happened when i was fighting with another adventuring party in "Basilisks monument" location. Then crashes appeared several more times on other locations, even during random encounters. I noticed that the crash itself happens when a spell touches a unit - the game freezes and window "Close or debug" appears.
Are there any ways to figure out what causes the game to crash? Is there an error log? Are there any actions not recommended to do? (take Edwin for example or something?)

#74 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

Updated: "BiG World Installpack"

Version v9.0.2 (11 April 2010)
- Updated "Secret of Bone Hill v2.75" entries
- Moved component 6 of 1pp from the first group into the second
- Added component number 2 for "Spell50 v11"
- "P&P Free Action" descriptions will not be installed, if Item Revisions and/or Spell Revisions is detected
- Removed the line of the Spell Revisions simulacr.spl hotfix
- Added Spanish LANGUAGE for Dragon Summon, Goo, Spell50, P&P Celestials
- Removed folders of "Secret of Bone Hill", Tsujatha, Yasraena and Saerileth of the BW Smoothpack

Updated: "BiG World Fixpack"

Version v9.0.2 (11 April 2010)
- Updated official hotfixes of "Spell Revisions" (09 April 2010)
- Removed the simulacr.spl hotfix of Spell Revisions
- Removed fixes of Yasraena

Updated: "BiG World Textpack GERMAN"

Version 9.0.1 (11 April 2010)
- Added translation for "Dark Horizons" by Gerri
- Removed translations of Secret of Bone Hill, Lester NPC, Imoen Romance, Au service d'Oghma and BPSeries

Updated mods
  • The Darkest Day v1.13 (at SHS)
  • Check the Bodies v1.12a (at SHS)
  • BGT-NeJ2 Compatibility Modification v1.2
  • Secret of Bone Hill v2.75
  • Ajoc?s Minimod v1.6.5
  • Every Mod and Dog v5
  • Return to Trademeet Item Pack v1.2 (at SHS)
  • A Mod for the Orderly v3
  • Tsujatha NPC v13
  • Tashia Remix v1.2
  • Yasraena NPC v11
  • Neh?taniel NPC v4.8
  • Kim NPC v1.62d
  • Saerileth NPC v15
  • Au service d?Oghma v1.6
  • Spell-50 v11
  • Return to Trademeet Kit Pack v1.3
  • BPSeries v4.00a
  • IA Content 002 - IWDII and unused BGII Animations v2
  • IA Content - Fiends and Genies v5

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#75 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:45 AM

Heya again :cheers:

Awesome to see the fixpack getting updated regularly :) Anyway, something for the next BWPInstallpack update ...

1) According to this, Tsujatha (14.2) should be installed AFTER Edwin Romance and addons (16.11). Dunno if any newer version resolves this ... but just to be safe ... :P

2) It'd also be a good idea to include the Aurora v5.1 patch until it gets updated :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#76 -ChiXiStigma-

-ChiXiStigma-

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

Hello, I have a proble with Secret of the Bone hill. I just installed Baldur's gate 1, 2 their expansions, patched them, and then installed Big World project v9.0 (tactics edition). The downloader couldn't find a couple of mods, amongst them was Secret of the Bone Hill so I decided to find them myself and download them. After that the installer informed me that it couldn't uncompress 3 mods which as BWP's creator mentioned at another topic is normal because they are not present (one of them is selunes armory v2 if I remember corectly), I did not understand what I had to do so I just chose to remove them from the istallation list. Anyway, after MANY hours the istallation was complete, I double clicked baldur.exe and tried BG1, BG2 and ToB. Everything seemed to work fine, I was soooo happy, till I tried to test something. I began a new game, downloaded ShadowKeeper to edit my saved games, made my character almost invincible changed the chapter to chapter 6 and then went to the temple near beregost (all of my companions died while running to the temple and I left their bodies). I talked to Peltar and he teleported me to Restenford, but I realized that whenever I try to enter the temple area the game stops loading and then crashes. Can someone please help me? I never finished baldur's gate because I want to play it with all these mods that make it more fun, I spent a whole day installing BWP, it's the 4th time I start over the game (I tried some other mod complilations as well some months ago). It's like I'm cursed, I spent sooo much time to find a good stable compilation and I just want everything to be perfect. Could it be because of the ShadowKeeper edit, or because I left all my dead party members somewhere else? I can't afford playing two weeks to realize almost nothing works as intended. This is my weidu.log, I hope it helps.

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Weidu.log

#77 ChiXiStigma

ChiXiStigma
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

Here is my weidu log, I'm new at this forum, I just realized there is an Attach this file button :)Attached File  Weidu.log   84.37K   330 downloads
Teach me the tongue of fire so that I may set the world ablaze for it is cold and this blindness can no longer give me shelter

#78 ChiXiStigma

ChiXiStigma
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

Is there a way to reinstall Secret of the Bone Hill without making Big World Project unstable and the istalled mods unplayable? Is it possible to go through most of SotBH without visiting the temple area? Does anyone else has the same problem with this mod, or am I the only one?
Teach me the tongue of fire so that I may set the world ablaze for it is cold and this blindness can no longer give me shelter

#79 ChiXiStigma

ChiXiStigma
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hmm, I checked a txt which says:
"9.0.3 (Update Package) - 08.04.2010
Added: Spanish explanation for the "BiG World Trimpack" (Mod.ini)
Updated: "Secret of Bone Hill v2.75" entries (Chapter.ini, Mod.ini, Setup.ini)"

This means my BWP version is 9.0.3, right? Does this mean I had to download Secret of Bone Hill v2.75? I think the installer informed me that it needed v2.45 that's the version I downloaded and placed at "BiG World Downloads" folder, then the installer stopped asking me for SoBH. Should I reinstall BWP? Sorry for all these posts.

#80 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

Hi again,
if I want to play with SCSII AI, can I install Weimar's Ascension later, when(if) I reach ToB? On top of everything else? Or would I mess up the game?