BiG World Project (BWP) v9.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
663 replies to this topic

#261 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

Well, after 7 hours installation is finished. There seems to be only one error section in BiG World Debug.txt:
Spoiler

Is it important?

#262 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

Although that error isn't game-breaking, it means that IA didn't install at all!!! :o And everyone knows IA is probably the most must-have mod out there :D

PS: I noyice that many people using the BWP/S somehow fail to install IA ... aren't the archives unpacking properly or something??

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#263 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

As for the AI, which one to choose between BP and SCS? I tried made some research, but didn't find an answer...

#264 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:15 AM

@Suslik:
The installation fails since there is no file named infinityanimations\content\µbqa1.bam.
Neither infinityanimations\content\µbra1.bam.

Open your current/latest BiG World Unpacking Debug.txt located in your BiG World Setup\Logs - directory.

Search for infinityanimations\ to find a block like this:

...\BiG World Setup>"...\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "...\BiG World Downloads\IA_BGII_IWDII.rar" -aoa -o"...\infinityanimations\content"

7-Zip 4.65  Copyright © 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov  2009-02-03

Processing archive: ...\BiG World Downloads\IA_BGII_IWDII.rar

Extracting  ...

You could also search for µbqa1.bam and µbra1.bam.
From my coding standpoint there have to be some blocks like this (since it works for me).
Verify that there is a block like this at the end:

Everything is Ok

Folders: 25
Files: 2838
Size:       104422577
Compressed: 104620223

If you don't got a message that an infinity animations-command failed while running the extraction with the BWS, you should find these.

Check if there are a few dozen/hundred files in the infinityanimations\restore and a few thousand files in the infinityanimations\content-folder and the named files in particular.

@golgoth: Take what you like. BP should more personalized, so some "handpicked" folks cast spells that fit their style. SCS improves all spell-casters.

Edited by dabus, 02 May 2010 - 01:19 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#265 Bercon

Bercon
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:31 AM

Hey is it possible to reinstal BWP so it doesn't delete all unpacked content from the main folder? Because it takes so much time to go through all the files and unpack them again.

#266 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:37 AM

@dabus
The installation fails since there is no file named infinityanimations\content\µbqa1.bam.
Neither infinityanimations\content\µbra1.bam.

there are 6923 files in this folder. there is a file called "цbqa1.bam" and "цbra1.bam" /*it seems to be a problem in the codepage, because i see 'ц' instead of 'µ'*/ any suggestions?

Is it possible to safely install infinity animations now? i mean without reinstalling the whole thing?

Edited by Suslik, 02 May 2010 - 03:40 AM.

#267 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:03 AM

Look at the IA-Forum. I think this may help you. I'd guess there is no problem if you install it now since IA is one of the last mods. But maybe you can ask for assistance there.

#268 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:08 AM

Thanks a lot, i will.

Another question:
After Big World Setup finishes, Big World Install.bat is fired. In start it check, which mods are extracted and which are not. BWS said that only three mods failed to extract(Moon-something, Selune and one more), it's ok. But Big World Install says that many more more are missing(about 20, Xan BG2, Shed's mods among them). I've launched BWS in the same directory one more time, just to re-extract all mods one more time. Theoretically it shouldn't change a thing, but in practice after second BWS execution this number reduced approx. twice.

Two questions:
1) Why are a couple of mods considered not to be extracted properly?
2) Is it really safe to run BWS one more time before BWI actual work?

Edited by Suslik, 02 May 2010 - 08:00 AM.

#269 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

1) Why are a couple of mods considered not to be extracted properly?

Several NISI-packes mods like Allison, Assassinations and Tiax are not properly closed/finished during unpacking. Have a look on it via Taskmanager. The more Setup-xxx you are killing, the more mods will be properly unpacked. But close only those which have already been unpacked...

2) Is it really safe to run BWS one more time before BWI actual work?

I guess all problems were fixed, so I guess, yes. Well, I guess... :whistling:

#270 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:41 AM

@Suslik: Can you look for a NSIS-directory in your BG2-folder and see if the missing setup-files are in there?

#271 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:06 PM

Why Throne of Bhaal Revisited is not checked in Tactic modlist? Is it bugged or what?

#272 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

@dabus
I can't find an "NSIS" folder in BGII - SoA. But!:
Latest BWP installed Without a single error! Wooo, i'm soo happy! English Codepage and multiple BWS-launches did the job!

Bb all, i'm out for a couple of nights :)

#273 -kelrynn-

-kelrynn-

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

I was wondering where Imoen is. I just finished DSotSC and in the middle of the mod I picked up a halfling thief and let Imoen go. Imoen gave me the usual speech "we may meet again" and disappeared. I thought she would be at the friendly arm Inn. I am looking for Imoen and can't find her there. Any ideas where she might be or am I just overlooking her at the Inn?

#274 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:14 PM

@golgoth: Yes it is.
@Suslik: If you ran the BWS multiple times and killed some processes, the folder probably just disappeared.
@kelrynn: Some time ago there were some people that mentioned Imoen going to the Copper Coronet in BG2.

#275 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

@dabus
Some time ago there were some people that mentioned Imoen going to the Copper Coronet in BG2.
From BG1 straight to Athkatla? :)

@-kelrynn-
Did you try searching in most common inns: three in beregost, two in nashkel and friendly arm inn?

Fix:
Just checked myself. If you remove Imoen from party, by default she just stays there. If it's impossible(location is too dangerous) she goes to Friendly Arm Inn or to Jovial Juggler in Beregost.

Edited by Suslik, 02 May 2010 - 03:34 PM.

#276 -kelrynn-

-kelrynn-

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

well - I checked all the common inns in Bereghost, Nashkell, and FAI. It looks like Imoen is gone. :crying:

Any ideas how to create her character so I can add her into the party? I think there is a createcreature cheat. I'm not sure if that would work or not.

#277 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

Just checked and Imoen (or any other BG vanilla NPC) can go to the Friendly Arm Inn, Nashkel Inn, Jovial Juggler (beregost) or Elfsong (Baldur's Gate) if you've visited those taverns before ...

Funny thing is, in my game, they don't automatically initiate the "inn dialogue". I have to talk to them myself to send them anywhere :unsure:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#278 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:52 PM

@Lollorian
Funny thing is, in my game, they don't automatically initiate the "inn dialogue". I have to talk to them myself to send them anywhere
I think NPC's prefer just to stay their ground when it's possible. If you wish, you may ask'em to go to inn later. But when the area is "too dangerous", they choose to go to inn themselves. I don't think it's a bug.

@-kelrynn-
well - I checked all the common inns in Bereghost, Nashkell, and FAI. It looks like Imoen is gone.
Where did you leave her? Have you checked that place?

Edited by Suslik, 02 May 2010 - 04:53 PM.

#279 -kelrynn-

-kelrynn-

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

I left Imoen just before I fought the Forest Dragon (I think that was the type of Dragon). There was this halfling thief that wanted to join and I figured I would let him join since he had arrows of dragon slaying. I let Imoen go and she said we may meet again..walked a little ways and vanished. I checked that area just to be sure and couldn?t find her there either.

I really do not like this halfling thief?.but I?m stuck with him. :lol:
I have the very basic BWP installed ? Recommended version if that means anything.

#280 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

Any ideas how to create her character so I can add her into the party? I think there is a createcreature cheat. I'm not sure if that would work or not.

Depending on which level she was, CreateCreature("imoen2") or imoen4, imoen6... imoen10 for the starting BG2 version of her.

She won't have any gear you left with her, as you're creating her from scratch. You could also try checking your baldur.gam file within your saved game with Near Infinity and see if that tells you where she is (or attach it here if you can't figure that out).

I really do not like this halfling thief….but I’m stuck with him.

Oh be nice to Bardo (yeah he doesn't have much dialogue but he's got a funny voice).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle