• This topic is locked This topic is locked
663 replies to this topic

#241 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

@AndrewB
No, i don't think it's the same problem, because Aerie walks quite well, attacks, tells nonsense and even casts spell. She just stutters the whole game.

The strange side of a problem is following:
If i just kill Aerie, lags completely vanish.
If i kill aerie with a good critical shot(she blows up as a pile of meat), lags remain.
If i remove her from the party, lags remain. if i kill her after that, it still stutters.
If i kill her normally(lags vanish) and then remove her corpse from the party, lags appear again!

So it seems to be impossible even to replace her with any other NPC =(

#242 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:44 AM

Yeah, I don't know dude. Never seen anything like that. Sorry man.
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#243 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:26 AM

I made another re-install: this time everything went fine (BG2 starts correctly now), the only mod with problems is "The compatible mod between NM-Relationship and BPv177", that has not been installed, as you can see here.

Spoiler

Is it anything important? Can i play anyway?

Edited by golgoth, 30 April 2010 - 07:27 AM.

#244 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:36 AM

Yeah, I don't know dude. Never seen anything like that. Sorry man.

I've googled for a lot of forums, and it seems to be my installation issue. I've found a temporary "solution": i kill Aerie, grab all her items and play further without removing her corpse from the party. Great, huh?

I think i'll finish SoA this way and then reinstall recently updated BWP and start a new game with the same character. I rally want to solve a couple of quests another way :) Please anyone report about latast BWP installation. Does it work fine? Any serious issues like golgoth had?

#245 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

Is it anything important? Can i play anyway?

No idea, but I simply wouldn't install that mod. Then your installation should be fine anyway...

@Suslik: Have you had a look on the variables? Maybe there're too many of them... Maybe something changes after her dead (or are deleded)... (?) Do you play the Imoen-Romance? (if not, no idea...)

#246 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

@Fennek
Have you had a look on the variables?
nope. i'm noob.

Do you play the Imoen-Romance?
yep. i do. is that ok?

is it possible to have a look at those variables without cheating and possibility to mess something up?

@Leomar

Whatever, i decided to reinstall BWP. During BWS i've encountered some issues:
1) Just as before three mods in "standard" installation have conflict: something about branwen, drizzt and one more, don't remember for sure. maybe it's better to remove them from installation by default?
2) A couple of mods traditionally failed to extract. Soulafein flirt pack, Selune armoury, ItemRevision and three others. I managed to extract ItemRevision and two more myself, so only Selune and two more remained(i've heard that it's ok), so i removed them from installation.
3) Every time i tried to use "Debug window" feature in BiG world setup, it said that BiG World Setup.txt file is missing. It definitely worked in 9.0, i think it's bug and hope it will be removed in next version.

And thanks for mods re-check after manual extraction, that proved to be very useful feature.

@Community
Is it possible to have more than one romance at time? maybe there is a tricky variable that allows it? Could it cause any troubles?

Edited by Suslik, 30 April 2010 - 01:21 PM.

#247 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:59 PM

Imoen Romance is not compatible with the NPC Flirtpack (Aerie Romance).
We know that (at least at Kerzenburg), but cannot fix it. We/I know nothing more than that they're causing trouble... :(
Nevertheless it would be a bit too much to throw either one of them out of the installation, since Imoen Romance works and NPC Flirtpack is fine, too.

1) Just as before three mods in "standard" installation have conflict: something about branwen, drizzt and one more, don't remember for sure. maybe it's better to remove them from installation by default?

I don't think that'll happen.

2) A couple of mods traditionally failed to extract. Soulafein flirt pack, Selune armoury, ItemRevision and three others. I managed to extract ItemRevision and two more myself, so only Selune and two more remained(i've heard that it's ok), so i removed them from installation.

There're four mods in the BWS which cannot be downloaded, since they're not availabe anymore. Nevertheless the BWS can unpack them if one has them. Ignore them if you don't have them.

Is it possible to have more than one romance at time? maybe there is a tricky variable that allows it? Could it cause any troubles?

Possible with BG2 Tweaks. I would nevertheless limit the multiple romance stuff to bioware NPCs.

#248 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Just a few things I noticed so far on BWP 9.0 tactic install

1) No BP/SCS2 AI conflicts. A few cases of AI not working were with General Chang group in Windspear (ComEncounters)and the Mencar Pebblecrusher group in Sewers. In both cases the rest of the gang stayed blue after the leader went hostile. (Solved by cloudkill)

2)The crashes so far are due to either too many spells/effects going off in battle, or when I change ammunition or bow weapon type in battle. I thing the ammo thing is when the projectile is launched and I switch too fast. Both are thankfully rare. (solved by not changing ammo so much)

3)Torgal did not show up in D'Arnise keep. Had to clua him in, and he appeared hostile without his usual speech about the stronger. Was able to complete the quest and get the keep anyway. (solved by clua)

4)Some mod is overwriting BG2SoA Item Import "add items to Mencar Pebblecrusher" component. Only got about a third of the items. (solved with shadowkeeper)

5)Imprisonment spell is broken. Any lich casting it would be instant ctd. Took clean "SPWI910.spl out of BWP BG2 backup folder and put in ovveride. (solved by thankfully having made a backup)

6)The improved crypt king component has been changed by another mod, and his 2 skeleton warrior buddies were not there. Though he was a lich this time, and tough. (not sure about what mod changed it again)

7)The disappearance of Boo quest was really buggy. Boo was kidnapped, but the kid and the gang were not there. (solved with clua creatures, and killing them)

8)The improved random encounters component of BP is not appearing. Have posted in BP forum.

9)Some mod adds stuff to be upgraded at Cromwell's and it takes the items and components, but doesn't give you the upgrade. It's not Item Upgrade or Dalmunkain's Item Pack (they work fine). It might be CTB, because the Improved cloak of Protection (needed cloak +2, gold, and improved haste and improved invisibility scrolls was the closest match in abilities. It added imp invisible and imp haste to the cloak. There are more but he just takes the items and I have no idea what he makes with a lot of stuff. The item code was "CBHLD001".

10)The Blue Dragon from TDD (topaz) animation was messed up. It looked blurry like 3 dragons in the same spot. It slowed gameplay to a crawl. Will post in TDD topic. Probably an animation error.

11)No stutter bugs! Except maybe with Jaheira related to her Harper quests.

Other than these few things, gameplay is pretty smooth so far. Thanks for the work of everyone to get this thing compatable!

@Ratking Yes the topaz dragon was brutal. He would routinely chunk half the party with his level drain/cold breath. Which reminds me that a mod component was supposed to limit chunking but it doesn't seem to work with killer dragons (on core setting). It just causes a reload because the character is literally blown out of existence.

Edited by maximus2001, 30 April 2010 - 03:57 PM.

#249 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

@Fennek
so what would you advice me to do about flirts? install both mods?(i'm afraid i'm already doing it right now) not to flirt with imoen?

@maximus2001
2)The crashes so far are due to either too many spells/effects going off in battle, or when I change ammunition or bow weapon type in battle. I thing the ammo thing is when the projectile is launched and I switch too fast. Both are thankfully rare. (solved by not changing ammo so much)
I completed BG1 and half of BGII without a single battle crash when i turned hardware acceleration off

3)Torgal did not show up in D'Arnise keep. Had to clua him in, and he appeared hostile without his usual speech about the stronger. Was able to complete the quest and get the keep anyway. (solved by clua)
I successfully completed this quest, torgal was near dead body, just where he has to be.

5)Imprisonment spell is broken. Any lich casting it would be instant ctd. Took clean "SPWI910.spl out of BWP BG2 backup folder and put in ovveride. (solved by thankfully having made a backup)
I think it's your issue too, because i've beaten a dozen of liches, they casted a lot of mazes and emprisonments, that hurts a lot but does not cdt.

11)No stutter bugs! Except maybe with Jaheira related to her Harper quests.
Oh, well. I think you've already noticed my whining about that.

#250 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

Great... :blink:

Well, let's start:

1) No BP/SCS2 AI conflicts. A few cases of AI not working were with General Chang group in Windspear (ComEncounters)and the Mencar Pebblecrusher group in Sewers. In both cases the rest of the gang stayed blue after the leader went hostile. (Solved by cloudkill)

Can you provide a changelog of Mencar and somebody from his gang as well as one of Chang and one of his gang? Everything else would be guessing...

Cangelog on the Torgal you cluad in, please.

Changelog on SPWI910.spl

6)The improved crypt king component has been changed by another mod, and his 2 skeleton warrior buddies were not there. Though he was a lich this time, and tough. (not sure about what mod changed it again)

Changelog on Crypt King

And actually it would be necessary, after the changelogs, to throw the files from the there mentioned backup folders of the mods / components into the override folder until you know when it starts to get buggy. Then we know the mods / components and something can be done. Often it is rather obvious where one should start, but if you have no clue, you might post the changelogs first. (If you need the .cre of creaturs, use ShadowKeeper to show the .cres and identify it viaits ingame name, or use NI to find it out). Ignore Torgal, probably a changelog on AR1301.are or AR1301.bcs makes more sense. Although a changelog on him wouldn't hurt.

@Suslik: Best would be do decide before the installation what you want to do (Aerie Romance or Imoen Romance) and not install the other mod. If you have both, at least don't start both romances. Tell one of them that you don't like her or whatever...

#251 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:04 AM

@Fennek
Ok, thanks, i'll tell aerie that i don't like her at all. because she lags.

@Community
Installation seems to finish successfully. But! When i try to execute TobExLoader/BGMain i immediately get message:
"An Assertion failed in ChSound.cpp at line number 4905"
Baldur.err:
---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChSound.cpp
Line: 4905

Exp: 0 < nNumSongs && nNumSongs <= CSOUNDMIXER_MAX_SONGS

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?
Is there a hope to repair things? Or i may already start deleting stuff and start reinstallation process?
My Big World Debug and WeiDu.log : Attached File  BWP logs.rar   350.76K   204 downloads

This guy seems to have the same bug. Google translate just gives up. Could anyone please tell me what the heck did happen and how did he manage to solve it?

Edited by Suslik, 01 May 2010 - 02:22 AM.

#252 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:28 AM

Ok, thanks, i'll tell aerie that i don't like her at all. because she lags.

Please tell us if that worked. Afair the bug appears at a certain point of the romance, so if one doesn't gert there...

Habe die Einträge der Songlist.2da angepasst (alles nach MX5411.MUS gelöscht) und nun startet das Spiel wieder.

He deleded everything in Songlist.2da after MX5411.MUS and could start the game again. Nevertheless this is a but which is not a good promise, I'd say... Do you get this with the bgmain.exe, too?

#253 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:34 AM

What Songlist.2da is he talking about?

I've got a lot of them in "backup" folder of each mod and two in BGT/Songlist/Full + BGT/Songlist/Hybrid folders. None of them contains sequence MX5411.MUS =(

Ok, i got it. It seems that number of songs in songlist exceeds maximum(100?) and the game crashes. I dont think it's good at all. Some random guy says something extremely smart about unbiffing this songlist file. Please tell how to do it.

Do you get this with the bgmain.exe, too?
yeah

Edited by Suslik, 01 May 2010 - 02:40 AM.

#254 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:41 AM

@Community
Installation seems to finish successfully. But! When i try to execute TobExLoader/BGMain i immediately get message:

Edit your TobEx.ini ( in your BGII ? SoA directory ) and change the following line from :
[Songlist200]
Enabled=0
To
[Songlist200]
Enabled=1
And you should be able to run the game with TobExLoader

#255 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:52 AM

Strange things happen:

1) I've installed "Near Infinity" tool, edited songlist.2da removing all lines after 99, added edited file to override and the game started well with BGMain. But TobExLoader.exe fails! Just standard windows window about debugging and sending report, baldur.err and TobExLoader.log are empty.
2) Removed edited file from override, added line about Songlist200 and TobExLoader crashes the same way. Log is empty:
----------------------------------------------------------
TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender (Sat 01 May 2010 13:57:44)
----------------------------------------------------------

I started debugging in MSVS and gotten this message:
Unhandled exception at 0x0099f1bc in BGMain.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xffffffff.
What's up with tobexloader?

Strange, but in previous installation it worked.

And one more prob:
After last reinstallation a couple of items in my inventory were missing(some katanas from shed and ioun stones). Both in saved character file and latest savegame. Why is that? Will i be able to find them again if start the game all over?

Never mind, discovered a few more bugs(imoen in fighter outfit, cdt when accepting moddie into party) and decided to reinstall.

Edited by Suslik, 01 May 2010 - 04:59 AM.

#256 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:58 AM

What happens if i re-install level 1 NPC after i started a BWP BG1 game? I wanted to modify some kits (a few NPCs have already joined my party) and i'd like to know if the kits will really change and if i can reinstall the mod without taking any risks.

#257 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:30 AM

@Suslik: If you reinstall, don't use old savegames. And if you get such bugs, better install new (as you do) and have a look that you use a clean, non-corruupted Baldurs Gate installation.

@Golgoth: Why do you want to reinstall Lv1NPCs? It would only make sense to change some NPCs (that's not really reinstalling the mod; reinstalling might break your game), what one can do. Start a new game to actually see a differences. There will be no ingame changes; maybe NPCs you haven't met yet will change. Guess one can read this in the ReadMe.

And all of you, ask yourself if your posts really have something to do with the BWP itself (bugs, incompatibilities, comments). The Lv1NPC-stuff for example hasn't, so one might simply open another thead here.

#258 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:42 AM

@Fennek
If you reinstall, don't use old savegames.
Yeah, i know, that everything messes up when you load old savegame. I do it just to check if it crashes or not and if all items present, etc. I'm not going to continue playing it. Unfortunately many things that are not supposed to be messed were messed in old savegame, i did not like it.

When i encounter random messes like it just when i start the game, i prefer to reinstall it all over. Sometimes it works :)

I've made a backup of the whole BGII - SoA folder right before running BiG World Install.bat. To start all over i just restore this backup.

And all of you, ask yourself if your posts really have something to do with the BWP itself (bugs, incompatibilities, comments).
I think if i encounter totally different bugs each time i run installation script, it's BWP's issues, no? And sorry one more time for enormous amounts of stupid questions. It's just the easiest way to get an answer, because a lot of really competent and helpful people inhabit in this thread.

Edited by Suslik, 01 May 2010 - 05:57 AM.

#259 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

And all of you, ask yourself if your posts really have something to do with the BWP itself (bugs, incompatibilities, comments). The Lv1NPC-stuff for example hasn't, so one might simply open another thead here.

I made that question just because i wanted to know if reinstalling (and, by reinstalling it i meant changing some NPCs) would ruin my BWP game, so i suppose it has to do with BWP :)

#260 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

Damnit! Damnit! Damnit! Just an hour before current installation finished, i realised that i forgot to apply damn ToB patch! That's the core of my latest problems! Jesus, again.. all over..