BiG World Project (BWP) v9.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
663 replies to this topic

#181 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:25 AM

Enyone please answer what items am i going to keep after bg1-bg2 transition. I'll go and complete a couple of remaining quests :)

Well, in theory, you shouldn't keep any items from BGI when captured by someone and tortured right?? ^_^ ... but theory sucks ...

So, in practice, all items on Imoen get carried over to BGII when she rescues you (which includes all the bags of holding you give her .... which includes all the stuff IN those bags of holding you give her :devil:) Other than that, there's the regular entourage of rare items you'll find in the chateau ;) (the Balduran set is one I remember getting all the pieces of inside the first dungeon itself :P ... and it didn't matter that I didn't find all of them in the TotSC part :shifty:)

Edited by Lollorian, 22 April 2010 - 06:27 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#182 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:40 AM

Enyone please answer what items am i going to keep after bg1-bg2 transition. I'll go and complete a couple of remaining quests :)

Well, in theory, you shouldn't keep any items from BGI when captured by someone and tortured right?? ^_^ ... but theory sucks ...

So, in practice, all items on Imoen get carried over to BGII when she rescues you (which includes all the bags of holding you give her .... which includes all the stuff IN those bags of holding you give her :devil:)

Oh, well. Lol :)
I don't think it is cheating, isn't it? After all, there are no uber-imba items in BG1(well, almost :) ), but i like my collection sooo much! :)

Other than that, there's the regular entourage of rare items you'll find in the chateau ;) (the Balduran set is one I remember getting all the pieces of inside the first dungeon itself :P ... and it didn't matter that I didn't find all of them in the TotSC part :shifty:)

Hey, no good! That's not fair! I hated that part of original BGII - ToB, when you get really cool items just for free at the beginning. I've tried so hard to get them in SoA, and it is possible to get them for free just when you start ToB :/

Edited by Suslik, 22 April 2010 - 06:45 AM.

#183 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:19 AM

Not again. Problem with lags again, a small plot event is spoiled.
Spoiler

Edited by Suslik, 22 April 2010 - 07:20 AM.

#184 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

I'm getting a black screen just after bg 2 intro (i'm trying to start directly with bg 2): i see the intro movie, then the screen with the beholder (dunno what mod it is), then the prisons, and finally another "loading" screen which follows the freeze...

I made a tactic installation with everything but CTBs (maybe this is the problem?). BG1 starts correctly.

Here's my Weidu.log

Spoiler

Hope you'll be able to help me, i lost a week trying to install BWP the way i wanted :(

Edited by golgoth, 22 April 2010 - 01:47 PM.

#185 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

About my "rhythmic" lagging:

- When i load some of elder savegames(before sewers) it does not lag.
- When in current savegame i remove all my party members, drop all items, travel to location far-far away, sleep for about a week, the lag remains.
- I tried to set detail to lowest, to turn all sounds off, it still lags.
- "Cache" folder is cleaned

Does anybody know about other methods of getting rid of lags?

I've attached my savegame with all party members and items removed. It is in candlekeep location, so regardless of messed string entries it should load properly. Please tell if you encounter stuttering or not.

Attached File  Lag test save.rar   959.94K   189 downloads

Edited by Suslik, 22 April 2010 - 04:39 PM.

#186 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:22 PM

@golgoth: It'd be better if you could attach your BiG World Debug.txt file :) (please zip/rar/7z it or it's gonna be HUGE!!!)

@Suslik: I tried your save and it didn't stutter in my game :unsure: My Weidoo ...
Spoiler
Well, I'll just mention that I've intentionally left out tons of mods from the BWPExpert and made some changes to the .bat :P So, misplaced strings were obvious ... well, atleast now you can say that the stutter isn't from something in the savw ;)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#187 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

Lollorian
aw, jeez.. well, i think there is only one solution - to go to BGII immediately. but there are about five quests or so i wished to complete in BG1 =(

And hey, imoen lost all her items too after translation! What a pity :(

Fxd:
Wooo! Magic! I've created another miraculous savegame: if i load it and then current one, lags vanish!
Miraculous savegame:
I transitioned to BGII, watched all movies, skipped childish age, accepted mad NPC mage and saved. That's it. When i previously encountered the same issue i used another savegame(it doesn't help now), it was totally random too. I mean i found it deliberately and somehow it fixes the issue. I have more than 30 savegames and due to unknown reasons only these two worked. Yay! More BG1 quests!

Edited by Suslik, 22 April 2010 - 06:00 PM.

#188 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

Miraculous savegame

That sounds very similar to Darpaek's stuff about loading a new game in ToB, and then loading the old game back (or something :P) Didn't know it worked for SoA too :blink:

It's about time this reaaaalllllyyyy got investigated into, ya know ;)

On another note, looks like whatever mod made Imoen carry all the items seems to have fixed it :crying: (I was talking on the back of my BWPv6 experience :P)

#189 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:24 PM

On another note, looks like whatever mod made Imoen carry all the items seems to have fixed it :crying: (I was talking on the back of my BWPv6 experience :P)

Yeah, that's sad. I'm a lvl8 kensai waiting for lvl13 to become a mage. I've been preparing sooo thoroughly! I've prepared a robe of archmagi with proper alignment, staff(i won't be able to wield katanas before lvl14 as mage), enormous collection of scrolls(even duplicates for party members), cloak with improved haste.. so many useful items - bg even started lagging a bit(no, that's another kind of lag caused by lots of items, it's ok :) ) Oh, well. I think i'll get used to this loss :)

Edited by Suslik, 22 April 2010 - 06:26 PM.

#190 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

Don't hesitate to use your Bhaalpowers *cough*CLUAConsole*cough* :devil:

But you shouldn't miss those itamz too much cause you have better (and badass-er) lootz in megamod BGII now :D

#191 -Callidon-

-Callidon-

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:48 AM

Wasn't paying attention, I'll admit it, but I was wondering, with the level 1 NPCs thing, there's a way to activate that script in-game right? How was that supposed to work again? I saw something about it on the install, but it didn't finish until like 4am so I was half asleep...

#192 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:22 AM

Don't hesitate to use your Bhaalpowers *cough*CLUAConsole*cough* :devil:

Noo, cheating is not a solution until the game works properly. I'd better play half of it with non-magical weapons and equpment at all, rather than use *cough*you know*cough* :)

#193 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:58 AM

Here's my Big World Debug: as i said above my problem is a black screen after a loading screen, just before irenicus should come in, at the beginning of BG2.

Thanks for the help :)

Attached Files

#194 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:04 AM

Also, that files says I would need to remove the .txt extension, forgive my ignorance, but how do I remove that .txt extension on Vista 64? As I can't seem to find that option (If I do need to put that file in my Override directory)

Dude, install normal file manager such as total commander or turn on option "show file extentions", use google: http://maximumpcguid...ile-extensions/

But dude, you don't have to do any of that as the downloading procedure should give the option to "Save As" the file in the thread, so there you just save the file as without the .txt extension as the file already has double extension...

Anyone please answer what items am i going to keep after bg1-bg2 transition. I'll go and complete a couple of remaining quests :)

Erhm, every one you wish if you wish to cheat, but as none are game critical and neither are they even supposed to be in the beginning of the BG2, the game clears out the inventory by a default action(so you have to cheat to get around that). The way around that is to create a bag02, put the items in it, leave it to a place and then transfer to BG1-->BG2 and recreate the bag02, easy. But you'll be cheating.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#195 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:20 AM

Erhm, every one you wish if you wish to cheat, but as none are game critical and neither are they even supposed to be in the beginning of the BG2, the game clears out the inventory by a default action(so you have to cheat to get around that). The way around that is to create a bag02, put the items in it, leave it to a place and then transfer to BG1-->BG2 and recreate the bag02, easy. But you'll be cheating.

Ok, if it's not considered to be fair, i'll definitely start with "naked" party, that's ok. But that's kind of strange. Why did developers consider item removing necessary?

Edited by Suslik, 23 April 2010 - 05:21 AM.

#196 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:29 AM

@golgoth: Your Debug.txt shows many errors :crying:

The following errored out:
  • Creature offset checker
  • BPv179
  • SCS -> Dark side kobolds (same I got)
  • NMR-BPv177 patch (which should actually be used with the old BPv177 ... but your BPv179 didn't install)
  • BPSeries (awesome mod that needs BPv179)
Although I doubt they're the cause of the CtD, you're better off doing a reinstall from scratch ... :unsure:

Ah well, before that, you might wanna attach your baldur.err and baldur.log here, they might have stuff about the crashes ;)

@Suslik: Come over to the dark side :devil: Feel its powah!!

Anyway, I knew someone would come around and tell you about the Bags-of-holding-and-CLUA-help-in-the-transition cheat :P

#197 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

@Lollorian

@Suslik: Come over to the dark side Feel its powah!!

Actually i've felt enough **powah**, when i played SoA + ToB by Kensai(13)/Mage(inf)(50dmg + 7 atacks per round + invincibility buffs + timestop), Thief(9)/Mage(inf)(with mislead and backstabs), Monk(whirldwind + quivering palm) and a lot of other imba characters. You know, there are a lot of imbas in BG, so power is not the most difficult thing to obtain here :) Now plot and quests are far more important to me, i think it may be interesting to play without items if it is considered to be fair.

Anyway, I knew someone would come around and tell you about the Bags-of-holding-and-CLUA-help-in-the-transition cheat

No, thanks. "No items" means "no items" :)

#198 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:00 AM

But that's kind of strange. Why did developers consider item removing necessary?

Well, when you start from fresh, you can gain more power, than when you are limited to a set sets of items you gain... and the story will give you the obvious other excuse, you were jailed by an almost-insane mage, if you were the insane mage, would you let your prisoners keep their remote target accusation systems for the nuclear warheads? Well, of course you would, you are insane after all, but Irenicus was just 'almost', so he didn't.

#199 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:05 AM

So there's no way but to reinstall BWP again? And what am i supposed to do not to get these errors again?

Here are the files you requested.

Attached Files

#200 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:25 AM

So there's no way but to reinstall BWP again?

Well, you can do that by starting the 'BiG World Setup.vbs' from your game directory. Hmm, the logs are like this:

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 3741, 2801 ) #:1507351 R:14
d:\big world\bgii - soa\cache\DATA\AREA000H.BIF: Cached
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 24, 18 ) #:1507351 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 1184, 1008 ) #:16449787 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 1184, 420 ) #:16515324 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 1104, 720 ) #:16580861 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 1024, 540 ) #:16646398 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 3736, 2802 ) #:1507351 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 8, 6 ) #:1507351 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 416, 360 ) #:15139196 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 464, 324 ) #:16056701 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 416, 360 ) #:15139201 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 464, 324 ) #:16056706 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 1110, 600 ) #:1507351 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 2344, 1518 ) #:1507351 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 3136, 1440 ) #:11337910 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 3421, 3702 ) #:12321074 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 3376, 3672 ) #:7274806 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 1300, 1840 ) #:1507351 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 416, 360 ) #:15139191 R:14
CVisibilityMap::AddCharacter : ( 464, 324 ) #:16056696 R:14

PS: I put the logs in so someone else that knows what's going on can see them without the need to download the files.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 April 2010 - 08:12 AM.