BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#821 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

Might have been related to the fact I updated by overwriting the previous version. Deleted everything and re-extracted and now it works.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#822 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

No, your hint was ok. There's indeed a little bug.

There is a little function that looks if the download is necessary and start it.
If it did start, it returns an array of information. That's new since the multi-download was introduced. Before it would wait to exit and return a 1 on success, else it would return an 0 for failure or 2 for downloads that are already finished. When editing that function to work with the new download-mechanism I just treated everything that wasn't an array as a failure and forgot about the possibility that you already got the file... :doh:

Deleting the update\mod.ini or waiting for the guys at the Kerzenburg to update the file would also solve that issue...

Edit:
Uploaded a new version, fixed another bug.

Edited by dabus, 03 September 2012 - 12:10 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#823 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

I'm a bit lost. When Bwp is extracting files its refusing to do so for any compressed files
"C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" x "D:\Baldur's Gate\BGSPawn_v1_11.rar" -aoa -o"C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA"
7-Zip 4.65 Copyright © 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov 2009-02-03
Error:
cannot find archive

C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup>
The following command failed to extract an archive:
"C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" x "D:\Baldur’s Gate\BGSPawn_v1_11.rar" -aoa -o"C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA"
This may be caused by several reasons.

#824 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

7z does not find the archive...
Look if the files are really not there. I guess they do exist though.

Try to move those archives to a place with no ' in it. Edit the BiG World Setup\Config\User.ini to fit the new path (the Download=D:\Baldur's Gate right at the top).

Or check your region-settings and set your language for non-unicode programs to English through the installation.

#825 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

got it sorted thanks just ran into another problem. Post it in a sec

#826 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

Using bws_20120904
the files were installing till it got to: impasylum. Then itcame up with a parsing error

Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
PLEASE email the file SETUP-IMPASYLUM.DEBUG to rastor@rpgdungeon.net
Automatically Skipping [Improved Player Scripts] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Detectable Spells (Required for the Other Components)

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Asylum Mod for BG2:ToB

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Spellhold Lich

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Player Scripts

Press ENTER to exit.

I sent the email and after i hit enter, this came up on the screen
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.
so i hit R
and this is what happened next

ERROR: parsing [impasylum/lib/adventurers.tph]: Parsing.Parse_error
Detectable Spells (Required for the Other Components) (Improved Asylum) was not installed due to errors.
You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.
If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the
program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.
Setup-impasylum.exe --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --quick-log --force-uninstall-list 0 1 2 3 --logapp
[Setup-impasylum.exe] WeiDU version 23100
[Setup-impasylum.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]
C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>

and a box came up on the screen
then BWS shutdown when i clicked ok
Clipboard03.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by dannyb1166, 04 September 2012 - 01:27 AM.

#827 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

Can't check for a few days, but you can always try to resume and bypass that problem (by restarting the BiG World Setup.vbs).

#828 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

Refuses to resume because it can't uninstall the components it installed from Improved Asylum. Have to delete the SOA Folder and try again.

Edited by dannyb1166, 04 September 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#829 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

You could either remove the mod manually or remove the setup so it can't be installed. Or increase the Start-Counter by 1 in the BiG World Setup\Config\User.ini until it won't work on that setup any more (it tells you which would be the point where it resumes. If it's still the same mod, close the process by right-clicking the traybar and selecting exit, increase the counter and try again).

#830 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

Sorry already deleted it.
Was having problems last night and today because BWS refused to decompress any archives to C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA. Finally worked out that the problem was because it didn't like my download folder on D:\ being called Black Isle or Baldur's Gate. As soon as i changed the folder name to Downloads it worked.

#831 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Did a clean install and i'm reinstalling now. Got the same error with improved asylum. I kept clicking C and it went onto the next mod

#832 ARedFox

ARedFox
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

I am currently having an issue where is says it cannot download the latest updated links. It did it once, but I had to do a clean install and setup BWS again. It just started last night, but I know yesterday afternoon it was working.

Thanks for your time and maintaining BWS.

Edited by ARedFox, 06 September 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#833 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

I think the Kerzenburg does a complete backup at night around 4 AM in Germany, which could translate to 9 AM or something.
So it's quite possible that it's just the time when Kerzenburg is just not reachable. If you try one or two hours later, you should be fine...

#834 ARedFox

ARedFox
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

I think the Kerzenburg does a complete backup at night around 4 AM in Germany, which could translate to 9 AM or something.
So it's quite possible that it's just the time when Kerzenburg is just not reachable. If you try one or two hours later, you should be fine...

Thanks for the response, Dabus. Quick question, I also had the Asylum issue stated above. Would you recommend just not installing it or clicking through until it lets you go through?

#835 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

What do you expect me to say?
You want to install the mod, it does not work but throws up errors.
So I'd recommend you either make it work in case you know how to do that (or know someone who does) or skip it / don't try it. :tease:

#836 ARedFox

ARedFox
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

Ha. True. Just didn't know if you had a possible idea for a fix. Not sure if it might be something in the actual install process or with the mod itself. Was just curious. Again, thanks for your work.

Edited by ARedFox, 07 September 2012 - 06:39 AM.

#837 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

I'm going to fix that error in the BWS so that it does not crash when trying another run but I don't know how to fix the mod itself, Maybe someone has a solution in the fix-thread or the forum.

Edit: Fixed version got uploaded, so shouldn't crash on retry (at least it did not on my computer).

Edited by dabus, 07 September 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#838 ARedFox

ARedFox
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Dabus, your fix to continue worked. As far as a fix for the mod well...

Anyone with the Asylum issue, there is a hotfix for it. The author said he would put it in the next version. It is over at RPG dungeon: http://forums.rpgdun...pic,2421.0.html. You have to be registered to download the attachment in his second post.

Just if anyone was curious. Thanks.

Edit: Nvm. Got another error right after that one. Emailed the author the issue to see if he will get back on it.

The error is: ERROR: parsing [impasylum/scripts/r#breu01.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [impasylum/scripts/r#breu01.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [impasylum/scripts/r#breu01.baf]!

Edit: Seems by the on goning conversation over at RPG Dungeon that there are multiple errors that do not crop up until the first one is corrected. The first two have been corrected.

Edited by ARedFox, 11 September 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#839 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

ARedFox, good job localizing those issues at rpgdungeon.net. Rastor is known to make silly mistakes in improved asylum, but he usually fixes them the same day they are reported, heh.

#840 -Saeta-

-Saeta-

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:19 AM

I'm having an odd issue with "Skie BG2 ReDone" and the BWS at http://dabus.bplaced.net/BWP/bws.php (fully updated) in that it only recognizes that the mod has a Polish translation. As of the most recent release, this mod DOES contain an English translation (yey!), being translation\language "1" on Weidu's main menu for that mod's installer. I have tried editing Weidu-EN.ini and Mod.ini to reflect this but, thus far, BWS simpy does not recognize the English translation and, in any case, refuses to install the mod ([N] follows the mod's title) even when I set BWS to Polish. I'm really scratching my head on this one, I'm afraid.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance- I'm very interested in giving this mod a go, without the (necessary?) tedium of manually creating a megamod install with the BWP guide (v11).

Also, for the record, that mod's installer file is simply titled "Skie" now. Under the "Administration" prompt in BWS, BWS thinks otherwise by default.