Photo

BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#761 -Fraladu-

-Fraladu-

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Big world setup currently uses an outdated version of Item Revisions that has a couple minor bugs and 1 pretty major bug. The update is available at : http://forums.gibber...showtopic=22692 . There are also updates to Spell Revisions available at http://forums.gibber...showtopic=24304 but i think i actually prefer the version currently installed by BWS.

There are also new versions of both SCS available, they are now both up to version 21 while BWS uses version 20.

Anyway, thanks for the good work!

#762 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:19 AM

More have been updated but I'msure the BWS will have them soon enough.

Anyway here's a funny but infuriating thing with BWS installer : At the top, left and right of "THE BiG WORLD" logo are some invisible buttons taking you to different screens and I couldn't find a way to return do install screen while it was still going so I had to exit and restart from last point.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#763 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Updates
I must admit that I really don't bother to look after updates...

If they are put into the bwp-list at the Kerzenburg, the download-links and version numbers for the BWS are updated by a package that's created by a php-script on that server and fetched if you select to update at the BWS startup. So I don't have to update on a regular basis.
SCS and SCSII are both updated listed as 21 if I do that, so that worked in my case.

If guys put them into the news-thread over at the Kerzenburg, they are added (sooner or later) by people who have the rights to do that.

I also don't know if I use the fix as an additional download if the BW Fixpack will bring havoc by patching those files with 3.12.

Buttons
That's wired. The screens you are seeing are put into tabs and you seem to be able to click on the tabs even though they are behind the white label. Never thought that would be possible. Also seems like it works only on some tiny places. :huh:
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#764 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

Updates : Are these people responsible of BWP (install-order / compatibility) reading suggestions from here? As much as I like the BWP and want to participate I'm not going to struggle with a german-speaking forum. EDIT Besides Leonardo Watson of course, I don't know who else is onto that stuff.

Buttons : Yeh only a few tiny spots on the left and right sides allow to display the other tabs, but I couldn't go back to the install one so I had to click exit.

Edited by Beleg33, 20 July 2012 - 11:52 AM.

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#765 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

I did create a topic here that I don't want to keep up the BWS and do the updates on the configuration because that part just ****ed.
I did the same over at the Kerzenburg and nobody responded and then some of those guys said they wanted to create a web-frontend. So I updated the BWS and looked at the configuration and am waiting for the frontend. I hope they make it in some time because these mod-related updates still ****s.

The "deeper" installation-related things like order, the translation-strings WeiDU provides for the different languages and components, conflicts and dependencies and so on are not yet implemented so I'm stuck with that.

The installation order is just some sort of copy from BWP-batch. And that batch is made by Leonardo. There are some guys that gave hints, but basically the BWP was Leonardo alone. Since he's taking a timeout, I'm pretty lucky that I don't have to do that many updates. :D

If you don't want to struggle, feel free to create your own fork/version/whatever. I don't mind at all.

#766 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Your work is much appreciated and I wouldn't be able to do any of this programming stuff, however simple it may appear to you. I was just wondering about your organization.

I just use my experience with the BWP/BWS to provide some help updating it. If you wish so I could work on cleaning-up fixpack / updating BWS config files / whatever is needed that only requires some experience and not programming/coding knowledge...
Even batch files sometimes read like voodoo to me, let's not talk about some of the more evoluted weidu coding...

I just need to know who is working on what and where I can find gathered info about BWP/BWS that is not in german. Which would also be a place to discuss proposed changes.

EDIT Giving some air to this WoT

Edited by Beleg33, 20 July 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#767 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hmm. With all respect to Lol (and others here) who piles up fixes and maintains the trim-/borkpack, I'd say that BWP is managed by Leonardo and that's that. The BWS is my little bastard. So I guess there are not many guys to ask if you want to know how works on which topics/issues. ;)

I could tell you some guys that work on translations but I guess that you don't need to know about those. And there was also a guy that tested tactical installations. Silent/Prowler and some others seem to understand the syntax of the BWS. You can read about it in the FAQ that's shipped in the docs-folder. I have a little update for that since the structure of the select.txt has changed a bit and I moved some configuration, but it's not a serious change. Maybe I'll create a GUI to configure the BWS if the web-frontend won't make it. Or just let it die as I thought I would a year ago.

What's WoT? :ermm:

Edited by dabus, 20 July 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#768 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

WoT was for Wall of Text :P My last post was just 1 block before I spaced it.

I guess the best course is to contact Leonardo directly. I'd just want to have the fixpack cleaned-up and change-logged so fixes can be deprecated when mod is updated. There's a lot of legacy stuff with NEJ/NEJ2/TS/TS-BP that needs to be sorted. Some mods like Turambar fixes and tweaks should have been Fixpack fixes from the beginning because now it's just confusing.

I guess I'll PM him with a summary of my suggestions so he doesn't have to skim all the threads when he gets to it because the information is all around the place.

#769 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'd just want to have the fixpack cleaned-up and change-logged so fixes can be deprecated when mod is updated.

9000 million thousand eleventy five hundred forty two internets to you if you do this :Bow: I've been waiting for the fixpack doc to be properly updated and audited so I don't have to skim the entire fixpack thread when trying to report stuff to active modders :crying:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#770 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

WoT was for Wall of Text :P My last post was just 1 block before I spaced it.

I guess the best course is to contact Leonardo directly. I'd just want to have the fixpack cleaned-up and change-logged so fixes can be deprecated when mod is updated. There's a lot of legacy stuff with NEJ/NEJ2/TS/TS-BP that needs to be sorted. Some mods like Turambar fixes and tweaks should have been Fixpack fixes from the beginning because now it's just confusing.

I guess I'll PM him with a summary of my suggestions so he doesn't have to skim all the threads when he gets to it because the information is all around the place.

It would be great if you would get the permission to do that. From what I remember, White Agnus was once in the past the one that sorted in that way the fixpack on the german forum side, but he had health problem, as far as I know, and now I'm sure Leonardo would need and appreciate some help in sorting the fixes.

Edited by dreamer2007, 21 July 2012 - 03:27 AM.

#771 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

BWS downloads and extracts FFT patch to v1.5 but since it contains an extra folder it doesn't do anything to FFT installation files. Is it possible to move the patch 1.5\dq\ folder after extraction to overwrite the v1 files? At least the fixpack corrects that later (with worldmap support addition) but then the patch is kinda there using disk space for nothing.

#772 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

Are you sure?

If FileExists($g_BG2Dir&'\Patch1.5\dq') And FileExists($g_BG2Dir&'\dq') Then
DirCopy($g_BG2Dir&'\Patch1.5\dq', $g_BG2Dir&'\dq', 1)
EndIf

Thought that this should work... :huh:

#773 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hmmm I'll have to double check but no time right now... I just found out the patch 1.5 folder was still around with all files. I was expecting to have it deleted after the files were moved (copied) I guess.

Edited by Beleg33, 24 July 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#774 -amp_seraph-

-amp_seraph-

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

I can't seem to get BWS to recognize that I have the proper codepage set for IA (since I'm using windows server 2008R2, presumably). Which .au3 file handles the dialog to change the codepage? I want to try and bypass it but cannot find it; I'm a decent enough coder and have used autohotkey in the past (which is related to autoit) so I should be able to get around it myself.

#775 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

Are you able to add missing mods after you have made a full installation of mods?

Some of the mods links are broken.

#776 -amp_seraph-

-amp_seraph-

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Are you able to add missing mods after you have made a full installation of mods?

Some of the mods links are broken.

Well no, but you can download the mods yourself and drop them to the big world downloads folder BEFORE the installation starts. Just quit the installer after the downloads fail and then start it anew (you get to keep component configuration if you select "reload selection" from the drop-down menu at the component selection screen).

#777 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

If you want to disable the Codepage-check, disable the _Test_ACP-line (no 194) in the Includes\14_Select_GUILoop.au3.
You will have to adjust infinityadnimations because it searches for acp 1252 itself.

#778 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

I have the latest version of BWS. I have the tactical version and i noticed that daggers are now short sword. Which mod has changed the name of this?

#779 nimrod yanai

nimrod yanai
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

OK, so my tests finally finished and I installed BWP with the setup program...
The first thing that happened is this: it could not find the download files for Big World Install pack and Fixpack. So I downloaded them my self and extrancted to the BGII - SoA directory.
Then it had some problem with finding BGT (Baldur's Gate Trilogy), so again I downloaded myself and extracted to the main BGII - SoA directory.
After that it downloaded everything fine (or so I thought) and finished it's work, opening the black window with all the instructions...
I was asked to press any key to continue, and so I did. The next thing I know, I get an error messege: "Big World Installpack\cut:write error: Invalid argument". this repeated itself for a VERY long while, just showing it over and over again... Eventually it said "press any key to continue" again.
They it started asking me some questions about some mods I want or don't, then started installing... During the installation, too many mods to count said they weren't installed due to errors, asking me to press any key to exit. When I press a key, it continues with other mods installation.
Eventually it finished, and the game actually works... But it starts only from the second game. The original BG with TotSC doesn't start, and I have no option to choose it.
And yes, I installed BWP and NOT just BGII when I was asked at the begining...

Now I have no idea which mods were installed or not (I didn't make a list when I got the error messeges). Is there a log somewhere?
And does anyone know if there is a way to fix all these problems?

I am using an Alienware Windows 7 home premium i7 quad core with ATI mobility Radeon HD 5850, with Direct X 11 I think.

Also, on a completely different issue, I can't run the game while 3D acceleration is on (only regular 3D graphics), though everything seem to work ok, so far as I've seen. The spells seem to work fine, etc. This happened BEFORE I installed the BWP, so I guess it's a compatability issue (though trying to run the game as admin and in compatability mode doesn't solve the issue... I think it's something to do with the openGL drive, that I guess I don't have, and there is no option to choose anything but that default openGL drive in the dropbox menu...

#780 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Yes, if you want a log, you may look for that in your BG2-folder. :D
It's called WeiDU.log. You may also want to look into the BiG World Debug.txt.
You could also just look for the Setup-XYZ.Debug-files. Those are the setups of the mods that were executed and they are basically the pieces that were glued together into the BiG World Debug.txt.

Edited by dabus, 03 August 2012 - 10:11 AM.