Photo

BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#741 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for looking up the change. These lines were added a few years ago. I think it even was BP 177 back then and I'm pretty sure that they did work.
Will correct that line to:

Improved fights/scripts need AI=D:BPv180(3|21):BPv180(0)
Improved Ascension Bosses need Ascension=D:BPv180(17|18|19|20):BPv180(15)

I'll keep this:

Smarter Illasera with SCS AI=D:scsII(6210):BPV180(19)
Smarter Yaga-Shura with SCS AI=D:scsII(6220):BPV180(20)

since - as you've written - has this line in scsii:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~illas01.itm~ @3309
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~yagaft.bcs~ @3310

@3309=~The non-Ascension version of Illasera is already improved by the "Smarter Mages" component of SCSII~
@3310=~The non-Ascension version of Yaga-Shura is already improved by the "Smarter General AI" component of SCSII~

So it would not do a thing if I don't install the BP-components.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#742 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Why is Refinements installed with "Graphics and Portraits mods"? At least you could move the HLA component in the related section? SCS2 AI components adapt to it to use the new HLAs.

About BP/Ascension/SCS2 AI/tactical components I give up. I guess either go BP-Core + BP-Ascension + Tougher BP components (and you can add all the BP encounters components) but give up on most (if not all) SCS2 AI components.
Or else go with Ascension-WeiDU (install on vanilla+patch ToB) then go with regular install except most BP components (I suppose some encounters components should be fine like the brown dragon at least) and you can go all out on SCS AI/smarter components (even d0questpack AI improvment that updates some creatures not enhanced by SCS, though they - mummies - might be altered later again by aTweaks)

This comes from me having troubles installing BP-Ascension without BP-Core. Link
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#743 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

I have no idea if you noticed already, but TobEx v0024 was released yesterday. I wanted to do a new install today and noticed that BWS couldn't download the new version and I am not sure if it can install it correctly, so I wanted to announce the new release just in case some small update for BWP is needed for the new release.

#744 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

I don't know about the installation order itself (and don't really want to dig into it),
All I can tell you is that Leonardo put it there and I guess the reason is this here:

The Refinements component "Shapeshifting Fix" must be installed after Thieves Galores, because otherwise the shapeshifting is faulty.

I must admit that I have not enough knowledge about BP and SCS and I just looked at the batch and it said

@038 You have also SCS as BP in your main directory.
@038 Because the AI form BP and SCS is different, using both
@038 of them may lead to some glitches.
@038
@038 Do you want to install the AI from BP instead from SCSI and SCSII?
@038 type "BP"
@038 If you want to try both of them:
@038 only components that don't overlap type "AI"
@038 try to get the benefits of both AI type "BI"
@038 If you want to keep SCS and SCSII press Enter

So I looked at the batch and it didn't looked as if there were many conflicts.

If you select the last one, it will create BWP_BP_and_SCS_AI. It's not used that much.
So do you (all) agree that you should select only one and there should be a conflict between the scs main components or use the benefit option BWP_Not_both_AI? Another easy way would be to execute the batch and just see what's installed in all versions and just add those options into some groups, so the user ends up with the selection as usual.

@dreamer2007: TobEx is installed at the beginning. so you might want to pause right after ToBEx 23 gets installed, uninstall it and install the new version...

Edited by dabus, 09 July 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#745 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Ok about the "Shapeshifting fix" component, but how about moving the "Revised HLA tables" to somewhere after RR or even after all kits mods so that new kits using regular HLA tables (instead of custom ones) get the revised ones from Refinements as it is already with current order, but SCS AI doesn't get to use them.

BP AI vs SCS AI : I don't really know... Installing both is possible without errors but many warnings will come up as the batch says.
In game some creatures will end up with only one "battle" script from either which would be fine I guess (makes encounters more diversified? Though in one encounter you might have bandit1 with scs script and bandit2 with bp script acting differently). But in some cases creatures end up with both scripts in different slots and then I don't really know how they are parsed (at the same time / in a certain order depending on slots?)
Anyway DavidW in the SCS readmes strongly advises against mixing both mods in their current state. Even the BP-Ascension component, according to him it is better to use Ascension-WeiDU for the SCS2 related components.

I'm currently checking which BP components (mainly Tactics imports/remakes I guess) could be used on a SCS AI install. That's probably been done before though I wonder in the batch file what is the "only components that don't overlap" selection.

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#746 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Here's a sample if you are still interested what's installed in what version.
Created a little GUI just for fun.

Just extract it into the BWS-folder and start the test.vbs or drag the test.au3 onto the autoit3.exe.
It will read the files in the test-folder, compare them and put the output into a html-file and open it.

If you want to, you can compare the files by hand. ;)
Here's the output for AI_R.txt ==> AI_T.txt.

Spoiler

I used these tokens for the filenames:

BP = BP instead of SCS-AI
AI = Both, only components that don't overlap type "AI"
BI = Both, try to get the benefits of both AI type "BI"
SCSI = If you want to keep SCS and SCSII press Enter

R = Recommended
S = Standard
T= Tactic

You may leave the left side empty but should have the right combobox filled, otherwise the script will crash. :D

Attached Files

Edited by dabus, 09 July 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#747 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

Thanks, just the part where I leave left box empty was what I was looking for, but comparing can be useful too :). Now if it's not too much to ask, could you make that script check for which components are actually installed in each setting if the 4 mods are present, please. :devil: Reading the setup.ini hurts my eyes when trying to check for conflicts and preferences. I trust most of it (and am grateful too all who have stumbled upon the incompatibilities and reported them; and the work on the install order) except about AI/tactical components which I would like to sort out finally :whistling:
I'll be waiting for an update to BP before drawing conclusions though, as I'm currently investigating SCS_T install compatibility with BP tactical components and I've already found some funny stuff in BP components that I'll be reporting in the right place.

Edited by Beleg33, 09 July 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#748 Notso

Notso
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

Well I only found this revival after I had already extracted all the mods I wanted into my BWP directory... So I'm gonna try it anyway and see what happens! ^^

Thanks for this though, if it fails horribly I will try this from scratch for sure :P

Oh and I am also on W8 so... xD

EDIT: Where, and in what manner, do I put my already downloaded mods to prevent the installer from re-downloading everything? :whistle:

Edited by Notso, 10 July 2012 - 11:40 AM.

Notso - I miss BF3

UWeAN.png

#749 Notso

Notso
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

ADVICE/BUGFIX NEEDED:

The links to several mods are "defect". I'll list them below:

These selected downloads are defect:
Throne of Bhaal Extender (Beta)
Black Rose Part I: Market Prices
Auden
Auren Aseph NPC
Kari the Half-Kobold NPC (Beta)
Raziel NPC
Wikaede One-Day NPC
Item Randomiser
Item Revisions
Enhanced BG2
Volcanic Armoury
NPC Kitpack
Finished.

Notso - I miss BF3

UWeAN.png

#750 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

You can set the path to your mod folder. I have noticed some have been repackaged as .7z/.rar instead of .exe (easier for automated extraction I guess) so they will be redownloaded anyway.

#751 Notso

Notso
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

Okay well I got all the mods I wanted, in the right folder finally, but now it comes to the installation it seems to hang up whenever it says "running batch command"... Any ideas?

Posted Image

Edited by Notso, 11 July 2012 - 12:20 AM.

Notso - I miss BF3

UWeAN.png

#752 -Taijian-

-Taijian-

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

Okay well I got all the mods I wanted, in the right folder finally, but now it comes to the installation it seems to hang up whenever it says "running batch command"... Any ideas?

Are you running Windows Vista/7? If so, you need to deactivate the UAC - otherwise the batch commands won't execute properly.

#753 Notso

Notso
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

Are you running Windows Vista/7? If so, you need to deactivate the UAC - otherwise the batch commands won't execute properly.

Already done (and I'm on W8 :P )

I did follow the How to install BWP for newbies I think, I'll have another look and see if I missed anything :s

Edited by Notso, 11 July 2012 - 01:43 AM.

Notso - I miss BF3

UWeAN.png

#754 -Sterling Archer-

-Sterling Archer-

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

you have to select the auto it script file and run that as admin

#755 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

BWS says SCS2 "Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) "Toned down" (...)" has conflict with SCS2 "Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold -> Normal mode" which seems weird coming from the same mod. Is it a technical issue (doubt it coming from that mod) or a conceptual issue that Bodhi in Spellhold will be impossible to beat without precious items?

Edited by Beleg33, 11 July 2012 - 08:10 AM.

#756 Notso

Notso
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

you have to select the auto it script file and run that as admin

sorry which file? :3 But I thought I shouldn't have to do this as I have disabled UAC?

Notso - I miss BF3

UWeAN.png

#757 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

You would right-click BiG World Setup\AutoIt3.exe, select to run as Admin and then select the BiG World Setup.au3 from the same folder.

#758 Notso

Notso
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

You would right-click BiG World Setup\AutoIt3.exe, select to run as Admin and then select the BiG World Setup.au3 from the same folder.

Ah okay thanks :) I haven't been using that .exe file to start the BWS though, I was using one called bws_20120701.exe

I will use this one instead and report back :crazy:

Still giving errors, I think my backup might be corrupted (wouldn't surprise me I've had to use it three times now). Gonna reinstall and try again :crying:

Edited by Notso, 12 July 2012 - 02:36 AM.

Notso - I miss BF3

UWeAN.png

#759 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

The BWS_XXXXXXXX.exe contains the AutoIt3.exe. You just don't start it as an admin, that's all.
And why do you think your backup does not work any more?
If you get an error while restoring, you might just have an error because the save-folder could not be moved since there already was a save-folder.
Check the log and if that was the error, just ignore it.

#760 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

I've tested with moving the Refinements HLA component to after kits - right after werewarrior, before "Post-BP Tweaks" line - so it patches all kits with vanilla tables. No issue at install time.