Photo

BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#641 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

bws_9-20110501.exe is an old version from the last year that is way out of date form the configuration.
It also fails to update since it tries to fetch its update from a site that does not exist any more.
The other one is the previous version. I didn't change the URL since the site will show you the last version.
(And maybe I misread your text somehow).
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#642 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

bws_9-20110501.exe is an old version from the last year that is way out of date form the configuration.
It also fails to update since it tries to fetch its update from a site that does not exist any more.
The other one is the previous version. I didn't change the URL since the site will show you the last version.
(And maybe I misread your text somehow).

then obviously i wasn't using the OLD one as the tool did update download links etc...

I'll try the NEWEST one and see how that works.

Might I suggest that you announce updates so that people who are testing it don't keep using the old one and report things that you may have already corrected etc...

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#643 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

As I wanted to say: I somehow mixed up your part about doing updates with updating the BWS itself. So I didn't tell you about it since you changed one of your posts after I did the update and I was like: Ok, already using it.

#644 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

got rid of all previous stuff on the hard drive and am starting over with the newest version
bws_20120422.exe

IF you select a "minimum" style install and then go change that click properties (which could use some straightening up in the description -- put a line space before the section and probably put the command text on one line with the description following. last I saw it was all bunched up) to expert and then click on all the tree headings and go from there. You understandably get a massive list of conflicts and discrepancies. However a few cases due to the logic of the dependencies and conflicts you end up with a "loop" if all you do is right click and choose to "solve this problem" Basically it's pointing out an indirect conflict.

mod B can't be used with mod C
mod B requires mod A
mod C is preferred over mod A

How about including a warning to the player that they should decide first what mods they absolutely want and then follow the logic to keep those mods intact and remove anything else they picked that interferes with them having their wanted mods. Cause it's real easy in a massive list to just click "solve this problem" and get several loops going...

fyi - I have no intention of playing this game, just seeing how it setups etc...

The 'clone tool' works well. In fact, it's better than the clone tool with EasyTutu in that the clones from the BWS still register as a BG2 game with NI. Those cloned by EasyTutu are listed as "unknown"

getting some missing archives on the tests for downloads....
Debug text of the relevant entries:
Spoiler
all are at fastshare or mediafire. most likely they'd all need to be downloaded manually. I know there is a selection option to pause on error etc. When it does that you do have an option to try to download manually, the text isn't clear in English at any rate that that is what the intent is. But that was how I got the download for Item Revisions on the earlier version.

nothing in the local directory for the test for present drives to catch. So starting the actual download process...

I'll go ahead and post this and be back later...
back with a quick note
it hung on Kelsey NPC. Instead of stopping I pressed the pause button for the individual file and then pressed resume. Kelsey finished and other mods started to download but only on that slot of the 5. The others remained empty. I think after a while the utility that does the parallel downloads craps out. Interacting with the one track gets it going again. Interacting with any other tracks causes the active one to hang again.
can I say that I hate fastshare? first have to disable ad blocker plugins, then they put an ad over top the link once it's ready. Since it's in German I've no clue what I'm supposed to do -.- Found out that if I press the X button on the ad, it'll open a new window BUT it will remove the ad from blocking the link. at least I got the mods... I guess that's all that matters. Cause of the way it's setup Google Translate couldn't translate the page either, so no help there...
errors in the extraction process...
Spoiler
had to re-downloaded RoT & Biddekelorak as those were corrupted. The Sorcerer's Place Item Collection, is custom self executing file that wants interactive control over where to install. As for the IA package i don't know what to do. The tool continues on as if that wasn't an issue. Guess I will too. Installation time. report on that later...
Installation woes. Seems BG1NPCSoA has an issue. Not sure if the problem is due to the way the tool installs it or what. BG1NPCSoA does not have a backup directory but rather a file called backup (dated 1/22/2012). Weidu normally creates the backup folder if it doesn't exist, at least that has been my experience. If I delete the backup file and type in the command window the exact same command given by the tool. it installs. Therefore, BG1NPCSoA needs to have the file named backup deleted and/or replaced by a folder called backup.
debug if you wish to see it
Spoiler
since i manually installed, i'll press enter and see what happens with the tool... and it noticed that I was able to successfully install it manually. kudos on that one ^^ Left a message at BG1NPCSoA thread about this...

Crapped out on Ding0's quest pack. the All Creature & Area Improvements component supposed to be a fix for BWP. Its a read out of bound error. So gotta hunt down Ding0's forum...

Edited by Sasha Al'Therin, 24 April 2012 - 01:41 PM.

My working mods:

#645 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hello. I was going to try this out, but I have some questions regarding the new BWS.

1. Ascalons Breagar (NPC) and Ascalons Questpack - I have been waiting a long time for these 2 mods to get english translations. How is this going? One would think that they would be finished by now, yet the BWS claims it's german only? :) I also saw a person in this very thread who claimed Ascalons Breagar had english .tra files.

2. Why is "Lost Crossroads Spell Pack for BG2 (Beta) 6" listed as an "Expert" mod? Is there a problem with this mod or something?

3. Will you guys be maintaining the BWP Fixpack now when Leonardo does not? I'm asking mostly because I wonder where to turn if I run into a bug, and wish to report it, but the mod in question is not developed anymore. Before, we had the BWP Fixpack thread for this but yeah...

Thanks to dabus, Tim and the rest that works on this :)

#646 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

back from finally figuring out the problem with Ding0s questpack.... a file from NEJ had an incorrect ability effect index causing an out of bound read error.
Not knowing where to report such stuff for that mod as my search on google turned up no official home, I posted first about it at Ding0's questpack forum but once I realized what the true problem was I stated as much there and posted about it here in the Mega mod section http://www.shsforums...-report-issues/

So the BWS beta recognized that I manually installed the component that crapped out and went on its merry way....

I like that. Its smart enough to realize that the user fixed the problem and manually installed it.

error popped up regarding the AutoIt thing...

Line 978 (File "H:\Games\BWP\BiG World Setup\Includes\09_Install.au3"):

While $Return[$Num][0]=2
While ^ ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

Press Ok and the program closes... Any ideas on what is happening?
started the tool up after getting some sleep and it saw right where it had left off and asked if I wanted to pick back up. Was wondering how it would be able to continue. So I let it continue, it crapped out on BPv180c turns out I had a corrupted download that the tool did not catch. Had no data any any of the tra files. Problem is that the BiG World Fixpack already patched it and running that bat again doesn't do anything. says its already patched. which since I had to re-download and re-extract it is not... Short of being radical and starting completely over.... I've no clue what to do at this point. the BiG World Fixpack isn't a .tp2 that I can extract the necessary parts and run as a standalone prior to manually installing the selected BPv180c components

Idk if it is possible to after the mods are extracted to read into the .tp2 and scan for the LANGUAGE tag and get the assigned tra file, and just check to make sure that it is size > 0 won't catch all corruptions by any means, but would have caught this particular one.

I'm thinking that the tool has issues with running for a long period of time. The downloading process showed that after a while the parallel downloads just stopped and only one would work. The installation process gives out after a while with an error that causes it to shut down. Working in short bursts and/or small # of selected mods seems best.

But I'm not a programmer... just a modder

Oh make a note that the program can be restarted by double clicking on the .vbs file. took me forever to figure that out.....

Edited by Sasha Al'Therin, 25 April 2012 - 05:39 AM.

My working mods:

#647 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

You are right. The text about the click-behavior is way outdated. It also includes some
I guess that should be valid and clear enough:

Click properties:
Adapts the behavior of the BiG World Setup with mod and component selection. You will be asked if want to add mods and mod components of a higher order than you selected. If you select to always accept mods when you receive that prompt, the BiG World Setup will give you a visual warning in the bottom box whenever you select a mod of a higher install type.
If you don't want to have any prompts, just select Expert and there won't be any additional warnings nor inquiries since it includes all mods.

I guess that I could just add a "cleaned" version of Leonardos pre-selection with the preferred selections to get rid of conflicts and dependencies. That way you'd get less errors by default. The problem with the defaults just that you could have this mod or that mod and both are "good" and so both are stated as recommended and create an error.

Maybe putting two listviews on the screen and call them install and not install with a button to move the item left/right would be helpful to make that visually more obvious. Or something like a text the last step created a new problem or something like that. I think that would be possible,,,

If you want to speed things up the way they are now, you could use one of the buttons at the bottom to solve all conflicts and dependencies, check the output and keep it or go back and edit your selection. That way you could be a bit faster then clicking all by yourself. You could also use the option to solve problems with the component/mod the remove all conflicts first. That's useful for some mods that you'd really prefer.

What do you think would be more obvious than this help and console-output:

DOWNLOAD TEST
What's done:
All the mods that were selected in the main window are tested to make sure you won't be missing files later. Each mod always consists of a core- and may have an additional- and/or a language-archive. The "BiG World Setup" looks for errors that were discovered during the download-process.

You will be asked if you want to download them with your default web browser. The "BiG World Setup" will guide you through this process. You may also choose to remove these mods from further action if no essential mods are missing.

Some files cannot be downloaded with the "BiG World Setup". Do you want to try to load the mods again, provide the files by a guided download/file-selection or just continue?

Enter [d]ownload, [s]elect, skip [o]ne or [a]ll missing files.

It says the the BWS could not fetch file. If you put the texts together, you gain the info that you could try it again (if you had some error with your connection) or start a download that opens the link in your default browser. The file-selection is not described in detail (I added that later) though I thought what a file-selection is would be clear (browse a file by a file-selection-dialog - just like you open documents you saved before in an editor or something).
So there is an option to get the files then if you didn't already put them in the download-folder. That selection also enables you to select files with another filename or size (adding the text and that later info might be a good idea though).

Fastshare was used because the BWS sends a http-request for the file and thus should be able to get the file like from any other server.
I guess someone could just host them somewhere because (as far as I know) the guys aren't active or had nothing against putting them up somewhere.
I don't know if someone wants to do that. If it were me, I'd just disable the selection of the mod that are located on file-hosters unless you select them directly. So no pre-selection, no selection when choosing to load all mods or a certain type.

The BWS should have said something about the IA-extraction...
If Not StringInStr($g_ConsoleOutput, 'Everything is Ok') Then _Misc_MsgGUI(3, _GetTR($g_UI_Message, '0-T1'), IniRead($g_TRAIni, 'Ex-7z', 'E1', '')&'||'&$Cmd); => following cmd failed
That should lead to The following command failed to extract an archive: ...

That means that a package containing animations for IA failed to extract and a component would be missing. In bad cases, it might lead to the mod refusing to install. But I learned that after I did write that part. It also has the bad behavior of needing a western codepage, since its content-files contains non-standard-ascii-characters.
Since the structure of the mod is quite unique (and requires to extract files into certain folders without the complete path), the problems could not be handled like in normal cases. Maybe I should add the info somehow if the extraction of those files fails.

The AutoIt3-error happened while the script was reading the Debug-file of a setup. I guess it did not contain the normal entries that I'd expect. If you don't have the debug-file any more (guess that), I'll see if I can reproduce the error.
I haven't tried that setup since that BP-version is pretty new and I don't want to change my AI.

The Fixpack looks into the BWP_Fixpack.installed. If the setup is found there, the patching is skipped.
So either removing the line of the mod or running it somewhere else would enable you to run the patch again.

I didn't try to load all big mods but had no problem during the install of a "small installation". You didn't hit the stop or pause-button somehow? That would be an explanation. Maybe I'll just check all mods that are not too big and load them all to see what happens. It would also be possible for that scenario if wget got stalled somehow and never finished. The queue would be held by that process and would only be freed after you stop the download or a pause/resume. Adding something like a info-button that displays wgets output or a hint may be useful in that case.

@Casper;
Don't know. I've asked the author.
Don't know-guess it's This mod requires a powerful computer! from the readme. And maybe some bugs or requests to leave the mod out.
No. Leonardo said he doesn't want people to provide packages. Also see prowlers question before.
Also - I don't have a clue about mods or fixing nor has Tim. I haven't played and BG2 since I started to build the BWS and Tim didn't even play BG2 for more than a few minutes. So we're absolutely not qualified to do that.

Edited by dabus, 25 April 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#648 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

@Casper;
Don't know. I've asked the author.
Don't know-guess it's This mod requires a powerful computer! from the readme. And maybe some bugs or requests to leave the mod out.
No. Leonardo said he doesn't want people to provide packages. Also see prowlers question before.
Also - I don't have a clue about mods or fixing nor has Tim. I haven't played and BG2 since I started to build the BWS and Tim didn't even play BG2 for more than a few minutes. So we're absolutely not qualified to do that.

I understand :)

And about Ascalons mods - could you possibly write here in this thread, what answer you get? Because I don't speak german, and I bet there are others that wants to know as well.

#649 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

The AutoIt3-error happened while the script was reading the Debug-file of a setup. I guess it did not contain the normal entries that I'd expect. If you don't have the debug-file any more (guess that), I'll see if I can reproduce the error.
I haven't tried that setup since that BP-version is pretty new and I don't want to change my AI.

happened again. debug file is too big to copy/paste. I'm too lazy at the moment to post it on my website. I'll just copy/paste the tail end (which isn't very telling, no error at all) and copy/paste the name of the last mod that was installed.
last mod set to install
Spoiler

##### Sorcerer's Place Item Collection (SPItems) #####
The mod was not found.

##### Sorcerer's Place Item Collection (SPItems) #####
The mod was not found.

saw this while going thru the debug. this mod had to be manually extracted and it recognized it after being extracted but during install it didn't find it apparently...

but then it finds it?
not sure but could this be the same mod?

##### Sorcerer's Place Collection #####
### 0004: Creslyn's BG2 Item Pack ###

My working mods:

#650 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

You didn't hit the stop or pause-button somehow?

No. Only time I ever did that was when the downloader hung on a file, pausing and unpausing it got it going again.

That should lead to The following command failed to extract an archive: ...

Don't remember anything being said specifically. Tho I noticed again today on my 2nd attempt that it happened again. I tried to manually extract the files after before running the installer. It was corrupted. Redownloaded and had no problems.

I will say this. I've had more corrupted downloads using the tool than I've ever had downloading manually. Perhaps you could have an option to download the files manually instead of first trying automatically? I for one could have more than 5 downloads going at once. Nice thing is the tool has the links so a manual download would be much easier with the tool's help than having to search and download on my own.

I was able to switch between install order and tree view and put the pause on the mod that I needed it on so that I could install the "to be added to bg1ub component" right after bg1ub. however it seemed to me at any rate that when switching between the 2 view any mods selected outside of the preselected base were unchecked on the new view. I ended up staying in install order so I could set the pause.

I do like the idea of a two window pane, one to list mods not selected and the other to list selected mods. the mods to select from could be in tree view while the selected mods show in install order. Whenever one is selected any mod/component it requires should auto move over too. If one is selected that would cause a conflict it could be highlighted then. Seems to me a little easier to deal with all on one screen as you go instead of waiting till the end. In fact it would be really cool if after selecting a mod to install any mod/component that is incompatible became unselectable to be installed.

Again I want to stress that I don't plan to actually play the install, tho I may load it up and make sure it doesn't crash right away. There are additional conceptual incompatibilities not listed and some options that aren't in the right location. The tweak components that adjust the stack amounts of various items are left with their 'home mod' Which means that if you decide to use BG2 Tweaks' stack components you miss out on some items as a few mods after add in some. If you use the Mix Mod version you get a few more items but still not all. Those particular components can be installed almost dead last, widescreen & generalized biffing can come after if the player chooses to use those.

Also how do you go back when you restart the program (after stopping it or it crashing), without changing install order or listed mods and add in another pause point? I'd prefer to pause before widescreen & generalized biffing so I can slip in a companion to igi's learn through use mod that I need to also test out.

Some of the fixed mods may not be necessary or desired in some situations. You addressed that to someone else earlier, but I wasn't exactly sure how to do that. I hate changing files necessary for a program to run. Once I do that can't really get support for the program any more, if you know what I mean....

My working mods:

#651 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Saving and restoring the items after switching views would be useful.
I thought about the two-paned view after the selection. So you got the conflicts and dependencies-screen and on the left, there's the installed stuff and on the right the one that's not to be install.

One could also rewrite the dependencies so they are check each time you do something. But I thought that this would be something bothersome if you click many mods.
I also thought that it would be clearer to users if they see: I want this mod but it collides with 7 others that I'd like to have rather than not being able to click those 7 mods that I'd like to have. If it's a larger install, you might also forget that there's a sum of 7 mods that are left out.

In the Config\USer.ini there's a [Pause]-section. You enter the mods name and the component. So Widescreen=0 should stop in front of a Widescreen-Installation. Note that I put Widescreen at the end.

#652 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

In the Config\USer.ini there's a [Pause]-section. You enter the mods name and the component. So Widescreen=0 should stop in front of a Widescreen-Installation. Note that I put Widescreen at the end.

That worked. Could be stated somewhere that someone can do this if they've already started the process and remember that they need to slip in a specific mod that is not on the list.

could you do a three pane view?

mods to select from on the left. mods chosen on the right
and going across beneath both is the growing list of dependencies/conflicts.
that way as they are choosing mods from the left they can see if one they pick requires another and choose to add it via the right click options in the conflict window.

Any out right conflicts like these [A or B]. [A or B or C]. [(A & B) or C] [A & (B or C)] [A or (B & C)] [(A or B) & C] should be displayed as follows:

Current selection: mod A

has conflict with previously selected mod(s): mod B, mod C, etc...

with the default action being to remove mod A since the other mods were previously selected. however user can choose to override and have all the others + their dependencies removed instead.

also some mods that are interactive and have to just be installed, they should really have their readme files opened up (at least as an option) for the user to understand what they are doing. the installpack's batch file uses a text file with pre-selected input data to get around the user having to choose. I like to choose for myself on some of these, but if its one i've never used and not familiar with the questions being asked.... I had to hunt up the readme and reinstall iispellsystems mod cause it didn't make sense the first time through. ( i told it to exit during that mod so it was last dealt with so nothing got out of order).

My working mods:

#653 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

Sorry to say this since you're asking constructive stuff and all but: Could you just ask another one to do all that?
You are asking for more or less a complete rewrite. I won't do that and rather advice you to stop thinking about possibilities for my BWS, throw it away and ask William Imm if he could add these in his quest to rewrite the BWS.
You can call me a **** and the BWS a piece of crap or whatever if you want to since you spent some time on all that but you are just years too late to ask for building in those ideas. It might be possible if you do that in an early stage.

Edited by dabus, 26 April 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#654 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

Since you mentioned my name...

Dabus, do you want to contribute to the Java BWS? You do need to have some knowledge of Java to work on the project, but it would be helpful for me. Same goes for Sasha as well.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#655 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

@prowler:
So you know someone who's willing to fix that? Maybe you should open a new topic for that or post in the fixes for fixpack-thread.

I can try do it myself or asking help from my friends. I think that we can create a mini-patch. It will be extract into Fixpack folder and replace/change/remove outdated files. What do think about it?
Sasha Al'Therin also found a fixpack issues. http://www.shsforums...k/page__st__600

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#656 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Sorry to say this since you're asking constructive stuff and all but: Could you just ask another one to do all that?
You are asking for more or less a complete rewrite. I won't do that and rather advice you to stop thinking about possibilities for my BWS, throw it away and ask William Imm if he could add these in his quest to rewrite the BWS.
You can call me a **** and the BWS a piece of crap or whatever if you want to since you spent some time on all that but you are just years too late to ask for building in those ideas. It might be possible if you do that in an early stage.

I'm sorry. I thought you wanted people to TEST out your tool. Apparently you do not.

It was my impression you built the tool from the ground up. I did not know you used whatever was previous...

then your tool works fine for anyone who will blindly follow its guidance.
It does have some issues as far as bogging down on super large setups, but they correct themselves with a restart of the program.

Same goes for Sasha as well.

I'm not a programmer. I'm a modder.
All I know is that it would be good to have a singular tool for displaying and working thru mod conflicts on any mod setup whether it be just a couple or everything under the sun. It would even be nice if it could recognize that the game is BG, BG2, Tutu, BGT. shoot even the other IE games would be good to support as there are some tweak mods which can and are designed to cross over.

I think stepping away from "Big World Setup" to a "Mod Compatibility Tool" is the smart thing to do. While it could download, extract and assist in the installation, the real important purpose is making sure that mods & selected components will not conflict and cause undesirable game play. That as I understood it has always been intended to be the main focus of any BWS/BWP type setup. I've stayed away from it as it always had that mega-mod idea attached to it. Not everyone who mods their game does a mega-mod. There is a wider audience out there that would enjoy a tool which can help them with mod conflicts.

I don't know if Java has a way of using plugins to get new data on new mods. If it does, it would be cool to develop a small utility for modders to create a small plugin that can ship with their mod so that it can be incorporated into the compatibility checks...

If you have something you need tested let me know, I can put it thru its paces. Tho I think any further discussion regarding the tool you are working on should take place in that thread. Feel free to point its location out to me.

My working mods:

#657 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

You're half digging up bugs and half telling me to rebuild the selection-view. With it I would have to rewrite 60-70% of the setup because of the detection of items and dependencies and clicks and showing mods and all is glued to the way that AutoIt3 builds the GUIs controls and recognizes them.
I can't do that when I have to constantly rebuild listviews.

I stated that I'd may rebuild the depends-view but I'm not laying a finger on the selection itself.

I do appreciate the time you spent to report bugs and ideas.

If you disagree that the intend of doing smaller fixes and not adapting the way the script works in general/changing the GUI is not testing, maybe we just don't understand each other. That happens. If the script does not suit your taste and you're bothered with it, I think you should just get rid of it and look for other projects that might do that.

@William Imm
I'm no java-coder and I've got not enough interest to be of help.

Edited by dabus, 26 April 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#658 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

offering suggestions and ideas is in no way telling you how to do it. I've said it before. your tool, your choice

If telling you of a bug brings an idea to mind that I think may be helpful, I share it. If you only want to know whenever there is a problem then that's fine.

I've made a couple big builds of almost everything out there. I had to drop some mods due to inability to get them, others due to conflicts. It works. It could be made pretty & made more understandable for the first time user, but that's your choice. The first one brought mod errors to attention, which when fixed allowed the second to work more smoothly. Only issues with the tool is the reduction to one download after a period of time, stopping with an error after Lost Crossroads is installed, and the occasional corrupted mod that doesn't get caught till installation and causes a complete restart since it had to be patched by the BiG Fixpack and extracting a non-corrupted download over top would bork that...

suggestions that might be doable would include: offering to open up the mod readme on those mods which aren't setup up for auto installation and are installed in a more 'normal' behavior.

My working mods:

#659 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

One specific bug:
In the selection window to adjust a specific pre-defined package or to use a previous weidu.log as a base, if you right click on iiProjectileRetrieval mod and choose to view the homepage when your default browser is not open it results in opening an infinite number of pages for iimods. Only way to stop is to click the X on the browser window to close it and then use Task Manager to force the BWS tool closed.

However, if the default browser is already open this does not happen.

I tested this scenario with several different mods, including iiLearnThroughUse which points to the same page as iiProjectileRetrieval mod and could not get it to repeat on any but iiProjectileRetrieval.

My working mods:

#660 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Been trying just a couple small setups. The process runs more smoothly and there have been some things that I've been able to notice that I didn't see with the larger setups due to doing other tasks in the process.

During the extraction phase, if there is a problem with some of the files you get a quick line on the screen (and in the debug file) that says

Sub items Errors: # (where # is replaced by the # of items that had an error)

The extraction process does not pause for such an issue, even tho pause at errors is turned on.

Every instance that I've found with those that have had such a report turn out to be corrupted when I try to manually extract them. Manually downloading them solves the problem.

Small doable suggestion: pause and state that the extraction process on said mod failed, display the stored download link and ask if player wants to
1) remove mod from installation
2) try to manually download by copy/pasting the displayed link in their browser
3) exit the entire process.

I don't know how difficult it would be to have the tool try downloading and extracting it again, so I'll just leave it at displaying the link and letting the user decide what to do.

My working mods: