Photo

BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#581 -darkkhaine-

-darkkhaine-

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:13 AM

From what i understand, using the bws beta doesn't allow you to get the last updates and fixes of each mods. Is it possible to pause the installation process after the end of the download step and manually grab the updates versions of each mods ?

#582 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

Is it possible to pause the installation process after the end of the download step and manually grab the updates versions of each mods ?

The last I used it (several months ago) you could do this manually, but I don't know if the BWS beta is even available anymore :(.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#583 -darkkhaine-

-darkkhaine-

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:38 AM

It seems like the bws beta has been included in BWP as it allows you to select subcomponents if you select "BiG World Setup (detailed customization)" at the beginning although the update don't work with it.

#584 -PassingBy-

-PassingBy-

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

Tactical setting. For some reason, ToB Hacks and the Paladins of Faerun kitpack doesn't install and it doesn't say why. Improved Horns of Valhalla wasn't installed either, but at least it said that it conflicted with Item Revisions along with this: "Spell-50 not being conceptuually compatible with Spell Revisions; may not be compatible with Improved Summons." If this has been asked about before, I'd appreciate it if someone would direct the thread or quote it.

#585 -max-

-max-

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

The ToB hacks is superseded by Tobex now. Most of the hacks are included with the new version of Tobex. Don't know about the rest, although my last install also left out a few things that I selected from Unfinished Business.

#586 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:50 AM

Just a quick question:
joining the Soubar militia, removing the items per shadowkeeper would leave no funny script or anything lying around bogging down my FPS, right? Because Jaheira was nice enough to leave for the Harper quests while she was wearing that pinkish armour and I'm about to get it off again...

Or even better, is there any possibility to force her to come back. Ingame some 100 days have passed (training a couple of skills up to grand mastery), but otherwise not too much time past...

#587 Leam

Leam
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:46 AM

Whoa, just stuck at the exact same position as Discordia.
Starting again is my only option I guess.

It's stuck again, this time patching works fine...but running the setup it doesn't go beyond

##### Baldur's Gate Trilogy #####
### 0000: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core ###
Ready for installation
Setup-BGT.exe --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --quick-log --args-list sp "d:\programme\black isle\baldur's gate" --force-install-list 0 --logapp
[Setup-BGT.exe] WeiDU version 22900
[Setup-BGT.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]

Installing [Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core] [1.12 (12 Jun 2011)]
Creating 1 directory
Copying 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...

I suppose this is a new version, at least it's the first time I see the batch process not opening an own window, though in the task manager there are some 3 to 5 cmd.exe running...

Haven't tried just running the Big World Install batch file just yet, will probably do so tomorrow.

*Giggles*

Type in your Baldur's Gate directory. Read the readme!

This is driving me mad, i'm constantly getting the same, and i've tried typing in the directory, I must be doing something wrong. Do I need to use a directory in particular? Copy and paste the patch?

#588 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:15 AM

This is driving me mad, i'm constantly getting the same, and i've tried typing in the directory, I must be doing something wrong. Do I need to use a directory in particular? Copy and paste the path?

Yeah, you can... the whole path, so in Discordian's case, it would be:
d:\programme\black isle\baldur's gate

This is all because the BGT v1.12 is not optimized to use the .bat command line that contains the quote tags, these: "" , and then the BWInstall.bat made it even worse by pre-programming insane directory for latest Window OS users. The BWS tries to fix that, but only sometimes...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 September 2011 - 01:17 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#589 Leam

Leam
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:25 AM

Thanks, giving it another try right now. The path is the one stored in config/user.ini under [options]? It shows up all right there at the moment, now I hope it get past that part this time.

EDIT: hahahaha, I totally misunderstood, I though it was a problem of the setup process getting the path right, didnt realice I just had to type in during the instalation. Such a stupid way of losing so much time :doh:

Edited by Leam, 14 September 2011 - 01:57 AM.

#590 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hi Guys,
Because Big World Setup is more or less dead, I have produced a helper greasemonkey script to get the links for Big World Project and hopefully breathe more life into it:
http://userscripts.o...pts/show/128025

Follow the instructions on the script how to use it. You could use personally to gather information about the mods, or just to sort them by type and language before downloading or maybe someone will choose to use it for BWS resurrection.

#591 Indral

Indral
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Hi Guys,
Because Big World Setup is more or less dead, I have produced a helper greasemonkey script to get the links for Big World Project and hopefully breathe more life into it:
http://userscripts.o...pts/show/128025

Follow the instructions on the script how to use it. You could use personally to gather information about the mods, or just to sort them by type and language before downloading or maybe someone will choose to use it for BWS resurrection.

very nice! thank you :lol2:

#592 Lamach Head

Lamach Head
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

I am a little confused. I would like to install BWP once again. The day back I did it, I used the wonderful BWS program from the first post of this thread (at least I believe it was from here), to install the whole thing, customizing every inch of all the mods. But I can't find the BWS anymore around here. The link is dead, and i can't seem to google anything besides this topic.

How can I get the BWS again?
It's hard to believe such amazing thing got shut down. Does it really?

Edited by Lamach Head, 11 March 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#593 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Well, thing is, I'm working on my own version of the BWS, and so are the people over at the German Baldur's Gate forum. Just use the Greasemonkey script posted above, and the linklist.

(As for my setup, it's not really done yet - just a few Java files, some testcases, and a Ant buildscript. It will become more soon, I promise.)
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#594 Lamach Head

Lamach Head
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

I see. Then I think I'm going to eagerly wait for your program.

Praises for your work and all the BG modders out there. :)

#595 -Tim-

-Tim-

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

As William just said, we are working on a new release of BWS in association with Dabus. The status at the moment is:
All files are nearly up to date. We are working now on different things within the BWS and a better update handling. But I think we will able to release a working BWS soon. So.. stay tuned. Either for Williams version or for the new BWS :)

#596 -Martin-

-Martin-

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Any updates or a link of a pre-built version? ;)

#597 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

We hope to have a testing-version that's available to public next week.
If you want to, I could send you the link to a nightly-build.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#598 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

As I remember BWS automaticly download BWP Installpack, Fixpack and Textpack. Problem is that russian Textpack link in download center is broken.
Dabus, can you ask Leonardo to post russian Textpack to SHS forums?

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#599 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Uh, I can do that but are you sure that Leonardo can fix that?
Currently there are a few broken links for downloads -- like Eilistraee's Song, Shed's Mods - A Forgotten Wars Mod, Askaria Quest Mod (inklusive ChaosKnight kit), now the translation.
Maybe K'aeloree can tell us if it would help.

Also, I don't know more than the mail-address that you probably have, too.
So I don't have a private mail or other messaging-accounts that I could use.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#600 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Upload at SHS still not work but it possible to post mods on forum (SHS or may be Kerzenburg). (Ascension64 was post temporary BGT on SHS forums)
Leonardo tell me asking K'aeloree for help... I have already post about problem with download link... But I have not recieved answer.
p.s. Download link for Shed Mods seems to be ok.

Edited by prowler, 03 April 2012 - 01:57 PM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon