BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#481 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:48 AM

@dmxdex:
Did you do that with version 20110406 or with an older version? Also updates won't do a thing/fetch anything new because they are not needed / the package itself is/should be current.

@smeagolheart:
Search for tobex in the BiG World Setup\Config\Setup.ini and delete the line with bgtmusic and tobex in it.
I'll delete that again.

@dreamer2007:
ACP: Scroll down a bit at that page. There is an acp-entry in the name column. Check if it has a value of 1252 in the data column.

FILE: Can you test another program to extract the files or do you have a program that is able to create checksums so we can verify that it's "that" archive without any case of errors?

RELOAD: OK, so the category-symbols act wired. I'll have a look at that.
Mod and component -symbols are ok but you cannot select them any more?
In that case, can you test what happens if you select a single component and if you can select the mods after you change the click-behaviour to a higher level like expert?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#482 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:25 AM

ACP: Scroll down a bit at that page. There is an acp-entry in the name column. Check if it has a value of 1252 in the data column.

Yes, found it, and it is ACP REG_SZ 1252.

FILE: Can you test another program to extract the files or do you have a program that is able to create checksums so we can verify that it's "that" archive without any case of errors?

I unpacked it with WinZip and 7z this time and I got no errors. Something went wrong with the unpacking with WinRar. But still the symbols I see in the archive are Š not µ. But this time after unpacking the other IA parts with rar I've seen files starting with µ.

In that case, can you test what happens if you select a single component and if you can select the mods after you change the click-behaviour to a higher level like expert?

Very weird. When I deselect a component the whole section gets activated, but when I select it again the section gets deactivated again. And I noticed that the sections that are deactivated are the ones in which I haven't made any changes to components or mods.

Attached Images

• selected.png
  • deselected.png

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 April 2011 - 04:48 AM.

#483 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:41 AM

Yes, found it, and it is ACP REG_SZ 1252.

I unpacked it with WinZip and 7z this time and I got no errors. Something went wrong with the unpacking with WinRar. But still the symbols I see in the archive are ? not µ. But this time after unpacking the other IA parts with rar I've seen files starting with µ.

Very weird. When I deselect a component the whole section gets activated, but when I select it again the section gets deactivated again. And I noticed that the sections that are deactivated are the ones in which I haven't made any changes to components or mods.

See how he is able to select and deselect mods. I cannot do that with latest beta. I select tactics and then continue and it just starts to download the tactics mods.

#484 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:42 AM

@dmxdex:
Did you do that with version 20110406 or with an older version? Also updates won't do a thing/fetch anything new because they are not needed / the package itself is/should be current.

@smeagolheart:
Search for tobex in the BiG World Setup\Config\Setup.ini and delete the line with bgtmusic and tobex in it.
I'll delete that again.

@dreamer2007:

I also just decided to download the mods and its also getting stuck on downloads. I think i will wait for a beta version that is not very buggy.- I cannot seem to get anywere with the new beta's or select and deselect mods now like i use to be able too.

Edited by dmxdex, 07 April 2011 - 05:48 AM.

#485 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

Found the problem with IA! It was exactly the one reported here. It seems that on some operating systems the letters in those two archives get scrambled and the µ gets replaced with some other symbol. Now I just have to wait to see the install completed.

Can't a check be placed in the fixpack to see if those symbols are shown correctly, and if not to be replaced by the correct µ, to avoid this problem? Or maybe an automatic overwrite of the first letters with µ in the relevant files from those two archives. I will ask in the IA forums also if an alternative can be made to avoid this problem in the future.

Edit: Okay, install finished in just 3 hours?? That never happened before, I am surprised, but should I be worried?

Edit2: I knew it was too good to be true :lol: , I get an error when I try to start the game with TobExtender.

Edit3: It seems that the install of TobEx was with problems for some reason, I made a new thread about this.

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 April 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#486 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

@dmxdex

... If you want to select the mods by yourself, be sure to click the button to the right. It is recommend to do this if you choose a Standard-, Tactic, or Expert-version.

@dreamer2007:
I'm not following all threads of this sub-forum, so I thought setting the ACP would be enough.
Of course it would be possible to check for those files, but as said somewhere before, using another less problematic chapter would be better (and more work for the authors).

Edited by dabus, 07 April 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#487 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

I'm not following all threads of this sub-forum, so I thought setting the ACP would be enough.
Of course it would be possible to check for those files, but as said somewhere before, using another less problematic chapter would be better (and more work for the authors).

Miloch said here that he will "repack those archives eventually as RARs and we won't be using those special characters anymore either, but that will take a while because it requires a restructure of all mods that use the IA format (IA, Aurora, Vecna)"

Anyway, now on to my TobEx problem, any ideas what went wrong? Again, here is the thread where I report the problem.

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 April 2011 - 12:28 PM.

#488 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

Ok now the beta wont finish the download it is stuck on a mod.

D:\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup>"D:\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\wget.exe" --no-passive-ftp --tries=3 --continue --progress=dot:mega --output-document="D:\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\LOHMod.zip" "ftp://trow:onlydownnolist@ftp.trow.cn/trow20090321/trowbg/LOHMod.zip"
--2011-04-08 02:28:51-- ftp://trow:*password*@ftp.trow.cn/trow20090321/trowbg/LOHMod.zip
=> `D:/BGII - SoA/BiG World Downloads/LOHMod.zip'
Resolving ftp.trow.cn... 218.94.60.179
Connecting to ftp.trow.cn|218.94.60.179|:21... connected.
Logging in as trow ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /trow20090321/trowbg ... done.
==> SIZE LOHMod.zip ... 51280383
==> PORT ... done. ==> RETR LOHMod.zip ... done.

#489 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

Anyway here is what I have written in that thread with the TobEx Problem:
When I try to start the game I get this program has stopped working. I am not sure what went wrong, since the install was error free, or so it seemed. The info I have seen about TobEx that I wasn't sure it was right was at the end of the install. Here is what I see in the Big World Install Debug at the end.
Spoiler

Also I see in the debug that components are skipped for some reason.

Oh and the tactical BWP install lasted only 3 hours which I am not sure it was so healthy, maybe this part is important.

I also uploaded the Big World Install Debug, TobEx debug, and the Weidu log.

And I got only one reply so far

The latest BWS doesn't install TobEx correctly. In BWS folder go to Config >> Setup.ini and find the line:
Tob_Hacks is only needed for non-BGT-games=C:BGTMusic(0)>TobEx(100)>tob_hacks(0)
and delete it. Now reinstall everything!! Oh and maybe don't install that component of BGTMusic that alters the exe - pick another one.

Attached Files

#490 -roshan-

-roshan-

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

How do I create my own custom installation using this program? There's a choice between standard, tactics, recommended, arkenors etc, but none to create a custom installation....

#491 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

Just download that mod yourself and put it in the Big World Downloads folder. Its the only one with download problems because of the server where the mod is hosted.

How do I create my own custom installation using this program? There's a choice between standard, tactics, recommended, arkenors etc, but none to create a custom installation....

Select the three dots next to that choice between standard, tactics and so on.

Edited by dreamer2007, 08 April 2011 - 12:57 AM.

#492 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:15 AM

InfinityDownloader is terminated now.
Last tests this weekend at home, then I will publish it.

- Could someone points me to an up to date mod_download_links file, please?
- Any feature that I missed?

Future ReadMe.txt should be something like this:

Features:
=========
- Automatic mod_download_links file //just like BWS
- "smart" download, i.e. only if local/server size are different
- filename read from server
- local/server file size read from local/server
- cancel download (the select one or all)
- de/select mod before downloading
- de/select while downloading
- customizable simultaneous downloads (1 to ?any?)
- customizable destination path by download
- customizable link
- Ultimately and basically you could ?script? downloads with just a text file like this:
Irrelevant|Link0|MyDestinationFolder
Irrelevant|Link1
Irrelevant|Link2

ModDownloadLinks.csv format:
============================
// This file is used as mod download links repository
// Line beginning with ?/? is skipped
// Separator is '|'
// Column Names: ModName|link
ModA v00.1|linkA
ModB v1|linkB
ModM v1|linkM

ModToDownload.txt format: // could be generated by any tool/editor or manually edited by user
=========================
// This file is used for custom download
// Line beginning with ?/? is skipped
// Separator is '|'
// Column Names: ModName|Override Link|Override DestinationFolder
// Link: if set, overrides link from ModDownloadLinks.csv
// DestinationFolder: set destination folder (default is ./downloads/)
//
// Ex1: Download ModA v00.1 from linkA => ModA v00.1
// Ex2: Download ModM v56 from myOverrideLinkM => ModM v1|myOverrideLinkM
// Ex3: Set destination folder to ./myDestinationFolder then download ModP v1 from linkP => ModP v2||myDestFolder

#493 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:37 AM

I received the solution to the TobEx problem here:

Here's original line:

; one or more mod/component has conflicts with another
Tob_Hacks is only needed for non-BGT-games=C:BGTMusic(-)>TobEx(100)>tob_hacks(0)

The first part is description, after the equal sign the code tells the installer that if you have BGTMusic then Tobex is not compatible with your install and won't install it. BGTMusic is a required mod and cannot be unselected - it must be installed. So TobEx cannot be installed because from that line above says it is incompatible with BGTMusic.

I changed the line to this and reinstalled and it worked:
Tob_Hacks is only needed for non-BGT-games=C:BGTMusic(-)>tob_hacks(0)

You see what's going on now? That one line messed things up

I will start a new install later and tell you if this was indeed the problem so it can be fixed.

EDIT: Another failed install. This didn't fix it :( .

Edit2: I see that you said this to smeagolheart

What's the difference between this solution and the change that smeagolheart ended up doing? Will deleting the line instead of just changing it surely make my install successful?

Edited by dreamer2007, 08 April 2011 - 11:46 AM.

#494 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Just download that mod yourself and put it in the Big World Downloads folder. Its the only one with download problems because of the server where the mod is hosted.

Select the three dots next to that choice between standard, tactics and so on.

Any idea were it is?

#495 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

Just next to the version selector (combobox) if you still look for it.

#496 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:14 AM

Dabus, I just finished an install using Leonardo's install.bat and it installed correctly, with TobEx included. So the problem is with something in the BWS install. Can you please fix this problem with TobEx and the problem with being unable to import the saved selection file?

Believe me, I am bored after 6 days and 11 failed install attempts to select every time the mods and components I want in my install.

I will try to install one more time with the BWS and I will delete that line in the setup.ini completely and hope that will solve my TobEx problems.

#497 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

EDIT: Another failed install. This didn't fix it :( .

Edit2: I see that you said this to smeagolheart

What's the difference between this solution and the change that smeagolheart ended up doing? Will deleting the line instead of just changing it surely make my install successful?

Strange maybe the file got overwritten during your install process? Open the file again after it failed and see that it didn't get messed up or changed. It did work for me.

#498 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:21 AM

Just next to the version selector (combobox) if you still look for it.

? what lol.

#499 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

In the same screen where you select the folders, you choose the translations and the pre-selection (tactic, recommended). Click on the button on the right side like you'd do for a folder selection in most other applications. That's more or less what's written on your monitor when your enter that screen.

#500 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:12 AM

Deleting that whole line solved the problem and the install was successful.