Download.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#462 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

Download-problems should be fixed.
Download.

Yea one problem with the latest beta. It is in german by the looks of things.

#463 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

yeah I'm getting Deutsch as well.

#464 freche

freche
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

yeah I'm getting Deutsch as well.

In Big World Setup/Config you can find an ini file named User.ini open it and you should see a row that says AppLang=GE change that to AppLang=EN and you should get English language on the installer.

Edit 1:
Also a quick question, the BiG World Install.bat and the BWS installer are two separate things?
What I mean is if I do my own setup with components and mods in the BWS those settings will only be used if I install with the BWS, if I use the batch file it will install the mods as the manual has written?

Edit 2:
When choosing the Sort like PDF option an error occurs and the program terminates.

Line 391 (File "...\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Includes\15_Select-Helper.au3"):

$Dsc&=','&$g_Tags[$Num[$n]+3][1]
$Dsc&=','&^ERROR

Error: Array variable has inccrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

Edited by freche, 05 April 2011 - 06:53 PM.

#465 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

Still I can't use the selection I exported to a file. Also now the program besides being in German can't automatically find the path to BG1 and BG2.

And it seems BWS can't download anything. I get this message repeated all over
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\wget.exe" --no-passive-ftp --tries=3 --continue --progress=dot:binary --output-document="E:\BiG World Project\BWS-Test\New\BiG World Downloads\bws_link.7z" "ftp://bwp_update:guest@bwp.bplaced.net/bws_link.7z"
E:/BiG World Project/BWS-Test/New/BiG World Downloads/bws_link.7z: Permission denied

D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup>
An error occurred while downloading bws_link.7z.
Do you have trouble with your network?

Archive bws_link.7z could not be found at ftp://bwp_update:guest@bwp.bplaced.net/bws_link.7z.
Archive BiG World Fixpack v9.9.1.7z could not be found at http://www.shsforums...ownload&id=521.

Edited by dreamer2007, 05 April 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#466 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

Edit 1:
Also a quick question, the BiG World Install.bat and the BWS installer are two separate things?
What I mean is if I do my own setup with components and mods in the BWS those settings will only be used if I install with the BWS, if I use the batch file it will install the mods as the manual has written?

Once I reverse all the code in .au3, .bat, checking reade.me, .pdf, .bat, any fixes, difficulty (standard, tactics, etc.), language and many others. My opinion is NOTHING really does what it claims to do. It's very very difficult to code/script with AutoIt and Shell. This is why I decided to turn them into more manageable language (C#).

Customizing tool is ok by now; currently, I am coding the downloading part -- next, I suppose you guys want the automatic uncompressing part too :rolleyes:
I hope I'll be able to publish something reliable asap.
That doesn't mean that I'll succeed; so (dabus :whistling: ) keeps maintaining BWS beta, I know it's very difficult and that is something I am unable to do

#467 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:50 AM

Upsy. I uploaded my user.ini.
That's why you got German translations and so on.

Close the app.
Delete the BiG World Setup\Config\User.ini
Start again.

Will re-upload it when I'm home.
Can't do it here because the RAR is a solid archive and I can't delete files from it.

Edited by dabus, 06 April 2011 - 12:54 AM.

#468 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

I suspect that my problem with Infinity Animation that I posted about here is related to BWS not unpacking the mod archives correctly. I suspect this because after the Silent Extraction of the exe packed mods, at the fast check, BWS starts unpacking again (or the first time, I'm not sure) Infinity Animation Archives.

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 April 2011 - 02:17 AM.

#469 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

The method was valid when it was created. Look at/post the BiG World Extract Debug.txt.

Are there any errors related to the mod?
How many files are in the infinityanimations\restore and infinityanimations\content-folder?
Did your PC reboot during installation because of ACP/codepage issues?

What's a fast check?
The extraction is done in the function Au3ExFix because the mod/extraction is not packed "normally" and the "addons" have to be unpacked separately.

#470 freche

freche
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:51 AM

I just tried an full install with the new BWS, letting it do the mod installing too. Went really smooth, however I didn't get the Clean-Up.bat into my SoA folder and when I found it in one of the BW folders and copied it to the SoA folder I get an error when I run it.

The logo shows BiG World Clean-Up 9.9 and borders but under that I get two rows with The system cannot find the file specified.

btw, is there a mod or component that allows any class to achieve Grand Mastery ?
I installed
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9 BWP Fix

but my paladin couldn't get more then 2 points in 2H weapons
so I guess they only work for characters that have the fighter class too :/

#471 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:55 AM

The method was valid when it was created. Look at/post the BiG World Extract Debug.txt.

I uploaded it bellow.

Are there any errors related to the mod?

I didn't notice any in the Big World Extract Debug. But in the Big World Install Debug it says this
Installing [Infinity Animations] [v5]
Copying 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...

An installed mod requires Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip extracted to your
infinityanimations/content folder.

An installed mod requires Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip extracted to your
infinityanimations/content folder.

NOTE: Download all content from Spellhold Studios. Each content module is at
www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showcat=98. Extract all archives
using the "Do not extract paths" option on the Advanced tab in WinRAR. Also,
make sure the "Destination path" on the General tab terminates in /content or
/restore after infinityanimations (there are no subfolders beyond that).

For WinZip, make sure the "Use folder names" box is *unselected*. You should
end up with a bunch of .bam files and no subfolders in your "content" and/or
restore folders. Rerun this installer once you've extracted all content.
FAILURE:
Required content missing.
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Infinity Animations], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   1 files for [INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      1 files for [INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("Required content missing.")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.DEBUG to www.shsforums.net/forum/594-infinity-animations/
Automatically Skipping [Infinity Animations] because of error.
Using Language [English]

SKIPPING: [Humanoid Animation Fixes]
	This component requires the main component.

SKIPPING: [Distinctive Genies]

SKIPPING: [Distinctive Fiends]

SKIPPING: [All get the NWN animation]

SKIPPING: [All cambions]

SKIPPING: [All alu-fiends]

SKIPPING: [Distinctive Undead]

SKIPPING: [Barrow Wight animation]

SKIPPING: [Some beggars and slaves]

SKIPPING: [More Base Animations]

SKIPPING: [More Icewind Dale Animations]

SKIPPING: [More Icewind Dale II Animations]

SKIPPING: [More Neverwinter Nights Animations]

SKIPPING: [25% of relevant non-joinables]

SKIPPING: [25% of relevant non-joinables]

SKIPPING: [Creature References]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Infinity Animations

Press ENTER to exit.

D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>
D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>
ERROR: Failure("Required content missing.")
Infinity Animations (Infinity Animations Core) was not installed due to errors.

So it means I believe that Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip and Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip didn't extract correctly.

How many files are in the infinityanimations\restore and infinityanimations\content-folder?

217 in infinityanimations\restore and 7260 in infinityanimations\content.

Did your PC reboot during installation because of ACP/codepage issues?

Reboot? I didn't see any requirement to reboot.

What's a fast check?
The extraction is done in the function Au3ExFix because the mod/extraction is not packed "normally" and the "addons" have to be unpacked separately.

Oh I thought that was a fast check because I was not used to see more unpacking after the silent extract. And I was seeing for a second something about checking, so I assumed that it was a check.

Edit: AndrewB mentioned here that

It's missing files. And from my own use of the Big World Setup over the past couple of days, installing, reverting, and reinstalling, I noticed that sometimes IA subpackages would be left unchecked by default, so if one did not know to make certain they were checked for download, you could easily miss them and bungle the install.

So maybe that's the problem? I didn't look very carefully at that section before installing since the IA were recommended mods and I thought all of them were automatically downloaded and unpacked.

Attached Files

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 April 2011 - 05:16 AM.

#472 freche

freche
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:07 AM

Managed to manually solve the Clean-Up problem, but it seems like the BWS installer don't copy some of the @files to the temp folder.

For others that want to run the cleanup until this is fixed, copy @4, @200, @202, @203, @204, @205, @206 from the BiG World Installpack\"language"\ folder to the Big World Installpack\temp folder. Also copy BiG World Clean-Up.bat from BiG World Installpack\move to main folder\ folder to the main BGII - SoA folder and then run it.

#473 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:14 AM

@dreamer2007:
The 7z-program processed the files correctly, so I doubt that the error is located at that point.

I'd suggest you check if you got a file named µbqa1.bam in your D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content-directory. I really doubt you have. If there is no such file, the **upid µ got another one.

@freche:
The BWS does not copy anything because it does not use the install-batch-files at all.
The batch got rewritten and without the start of the install-batch, there are no files that are needed by the cleanup-batch. I'll add a copy or remove the cleanup-comment if it disturbs you.

#474 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

Nope, I don't have that kind of file in D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content

Everything looks like this, with this symbol ¢A¢I4INV.PLT not µ. So what can I do?

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 April 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#475 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

And this the beta wont do the auto updating of files that i would need to manually get. I will wait until a proper working beta is out.

#476 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

@dreamer2007:
Check that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage, key ACP is set to 1252.
Should be the case, otherwise the BWS and the installer should have told you so.
If not, do so and reboot.

Remove the files from infinityanimations\content and infinityanimations\restore. Then try to run these:

"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_Base_Anims.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_BGII_IWDII.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_IWD_Svirfneblin.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_NWN_01_Modron.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_IWD.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_BG2_Restores.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\restore"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_Fiends_Genies.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_PST_Abishai.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_Wh_Dr_Wyv_LoP.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\NWN_Misc_I.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Moinesse_edits_IAised.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_PST_paletted.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"

You can also use your preferred tool to extract these files. Check Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip first and see if you got this µ.

Also look at the document that was shipped with IA.

Could you give an example what fails if you export/import your selection?
If I

-deselect everything
-add Conversation, XP and Jondalars Fix
-export
-deselect everything
-add nej2-mods
-import

NeJ2 gets deselected and the three mods are selected.

Download.

Added: Show sorting-state in options-menu.
Fixed: Crash when switching between pdf- and theme-sorting.
Removed: "Hover over treeview-item to select it" code.

@dmxdex:
What's "And this the beta wont do the auto updating of files that i would need to manually get"? Which files/content/... do you expect to be updated? Do you refer to downloads and get means fetch? If so, give some examples. I was able to fetch the files for a minimal installation yesterday.

Edited by dabus, 06 April 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#477 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

@Grandmastery in weapons for everyone
BG2 Tweaks' Multi-Class Grandmastery does exactly what's advertised - enable multi-classed fighters to reach grand mastery in every weapon category.

If you want a mod which enables grand mastery for every class in the original game, you'd have to install B!Tweaks. If you're planning on using refinements, you have to install it before that. For kits added by mods you have modify weapprof.2da yourself.

10th

Edited by 10th, 06 April 2011 - 02:22 PM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#478 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

@dreamer2007:
Check that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage, key ACP is set to 1252.
Should be the case, otherwise the BWS and the installer should have told you so.

Remove the files from infinityanimations\content and infinityanimations\restore. Then try to run these:

"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_Base_Anims.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_BGII_IWDII.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_IWD_Svirfneblin.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_NWN_01_Modron.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_IWD.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_BG2_Restores.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\restore"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_Fiends_Genies.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_PST_Abishai.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_Wh_Dr_Wyv_LoP.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\NWN_Misc_I.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\Moinesse_edits_IAised.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"
"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" e "D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\IA_PST_paletted.rar" -aoa -o"D:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\infinityanimations\content"

You can also use your preferred tool to extract these files. Check Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip first and see if you got this µ.

If I

-deselect everything
-export
-deselect everything
-add nej2-mods
-import

Download.

Added: Show sorting-state in options-menu.
Fixed: Crash when switching between pdf- and theme-sorting.
Removed: "Hover over treeview-item to select it" code.

@dmxdex:
What's "And this the beta wont do the auto updating of files that i would need to manually get"? Which files/content/... do you expect to be updated? Do you refer to downloads and get means fetch? If so, give some examples. I was able to fetch the files for a minimal installation yesterday.

I fire up the big world world setup. and click yes for the updating. My next screen is stuck and is not downloading anything.

Fetchin big world URL-Update (0mb)

I also tried skipping that bit and it worked. Howewver with this beta i cannot select the mods that i want now. The reason why i went to the beta is so i could have my own control over the mods.

Edited by dmxdex, 06 April 2011 - 03:07 PM.

#479 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

I'm getting a conflict with BGTmusic and TOBEX. I'd prefer TOBEX but it's impossible to deselect BGTmusic it seems it's a core thing so TOBEX doesn't install

#480 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

Okay I got there but I am now sure what I should see. I am not used with working with regedit. I uploaded a picture with what I see. Also how can I resize these huge pictures?

Spoiler

I ran these but the unpacking was with problems, since some subfolders remained in \content at the end, so I unpacked them manually.

I looked at the document and did what it was mentioned there at the install section, to go to advanced and all that, and when I unpacked all I got errors at Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip and Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip. I uploaded the error messages bellow. I also reported the problem in the IA sub-forum. Here is what I can see in the archive:Belhifet.png

If I

-deselect everything
-export
-deselect everything
-add nej2-mods
-import

For example I do my complete mod selection, removing NPC's, selecting components, I export it to file, I close BWS, I enter again, I select import selection from file. And the BWS says that some new mods/components were found marked with N.

And then whole categories are deselected, although the mods inside them are selected. I uploaded a picture. And when I try to select them they get a check mark like I selected them, but immediately they get deselected again automatically. Deselected Categories.png

The reason why i went to the beta is so i could have my own control over the mods.

You can select the mods and components in detail and its awesome. When you get to the page with the paths to BG1 and BG2 and the selection of the type of install, Standard, Recommended and so on, on the right of these install options are three dots. Click them and you get to the mod selection. In the previous version you could select Further Customize Your Setting and get to that screen.

Also the BWS Beta worked flawlessly for me, except with this annoying issue I have with Infinity Animations. The download, unpacking, and install worked very well, with no errors until I got to IA.

Attached Files

Edited by dreamer2007, 07 April 2011 - 11:13 AM.